Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Great part of the update and no one is talking about it?

Today I noticed I can sort my sims relationships by family/relatives. This huge for me. I have been wanting this possibility for so long and have mentioned it before on the forum. But now we can finally quickly find our sims relatives in the relationship panel. I noticed we can also sort by family/relatives when looking for new club members.
wKGWGEr.png

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I just wanna know what language that is--is it Dutch?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

I agree! There are many many improvements since the last patch!

EmmaVane wrote: »
    Another great thing that came with the update is the ability to have more than one Best Friend.

Whole Eeee, krap! I was about to post a question topic about that!

I was worried that current "best-friends" would not be any more.

It's constant now of NPC sims to be asking my sims if he/she/they can be best friends. Almost spamming, lol!. I mean Bob Pancakes alone has asked about 7 of my Sims if he can be their best friend. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I’ve wanted this for years and had no idea they finally added it. That’s awesome! Thanks
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    I like the icon that now appears above the skill progress bar showing which skill it is they are working on.
    The cake is a lie
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I love being able to sort by family members instead of just household too!
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I agree! There are many many improvements since the last patch!

Whole Eeee, krap! I was about to post a question topic about that!

I was worried that current "best-friends" would not be any more.

It's constant now of NPC sims to be asking my sims if he/she/they can be best friends. Almost spamming, lol!. I mean Bob Pancakes alone has asked about 7 of my Sims if he can be their best friend. :D

Poor Bob. He so lonely. :smirk:

@Atreya33 I noticed this a few days ago and I was thrilled. Like you I've wanted this for ages. A very nice welcome surprise!
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 711 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Another great thing that came with the update is the ability to have more than one Best Friend.

I saw that I had two best friends and I was not sure what to make of that. I have had a lot of bugs both before and after the update and there are still so many things that I don't know about the game. I am observing more than coming to conclusions. Thanks for clarifying about that!
  • Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 711 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    I like the icon that now appears above the skill progress bar showing which skill it is they are working on.

I absolutely love this new feature!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Pancakes deserves it. Back in 2014 caught him autonomously cheating on his wife. Right in front of her. The cad!
    Pancakes deserves it. Back in 2014 caught him autonomously cheating on his wife. Right in front of her. The cad!

Ironically, Eliza Pancakes has also been spamming wanting to be best friends with my played Sims. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited March 2023
    Oh, wow. I didn’t even notice that feature! I love it!
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »

Yup it’s a nice touch
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member

Yes, it is Dutch.
    I love being able to sort by family members instead of just household too!

I use sort by household or love interests all the time. Until now I created family clubs with relatives to find relatives more easily by sorting per club. Now that work around is no longer necessary.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Yes, it is Dutch.

Nice :smile:
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Yes, it is Dutch.

Some of my favourite Dutch words are “patatje oorlog” ( literal translation in US English = little war fries 😆) and “eekhoorntje” (literal translation =….??…(someone help me out here)...but apparently it means ‘wee little squirrel’).

I love that there are so many diminutive words in the Dutch language. Pretty impossible to pronounce too (at least for me…then again, I can barely speak English 🫠).
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Oh that's awesome! I have barely been able to play with the new content yet, but this is great to know. :)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    I discovered the family sort and the multiple best friends just the other day and was very happy to find them!

Yes, it is Dutch.

Some of my favourite Dutch words are “patatje oorlog” ( literal translation in US English = little war fries 😆) and “eekhoorntje” (literal translation =….??…(someone help me out here)...but apparently it means ‘wee little squirrel’).

I love that there are so many diminutive words in the Dutch language. Pretty impossible to pronounce too (at least for me…then again, I can barely speak English 🫠).

patatje for fries is Dutch from the Netherlands. Here in Belgium Patatje means (little) potato. You can compare it to American English and British English. It is basically the same language with some differences in vocabulary choice and pronunciation. As for eekhoorntje, it definitely means little squirrel, not sure if the wee is appropriate.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,968 Member
    “Wee” is a Scottish word used to talk about little things, eg children etc. I think it is used in other places too.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited March 2023
    I really like compatibility and the new dislikes/likes options. My Sim was more easily able to find a girlfriend that she had awesome compatibility with.

I'm in the process of setting the likes/dislikes of all the Sims in my game so they won't be out of character for the way I think they should be. The tricky part is picking 50 so I don't have to worry about random ones developing. Can't have Loki deciding he likes kids radio. I've started having Sims like every color just so I can fill a bunch of slots.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    edited March 2023
    Oh right! When I noticed that the likes/dislikes is 50 now instead of 20, I thought that was excellent. I was being cautious on that and very rarely choosing a dislike since it could fill up fast with likes. Gives alot more breathing room.

The main thing I like is the categorized character menu. Took me a short while to get used to, but far better to look for the specific one you want, then accidentally pass it and have to flip through all over again. Heh!

The visual icons are excellent too overall.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited March 2023

Yes, it is Dutch.

patatje for fries is Dutch from the Netherlands. Here in Belgium Patatje means (little) potato. You can compare it to American English and British English. It is basically the same language with some differences in vocabulary choice and pronunciation.

Ah, I didn't realize, I assume that would be a Flemish Dutch then? (I apologize if I'm wrong here...)
    I fell into a wonderful discussion with someone from South Africa the other day, and apparently Afrikaans is also very similar to the Dutch language. Their literal translation for a Giraffe is Camel Horse....and seriously, that just cracked me up. A Camel Horse?! :D

It does make sense that 'patatje' means (little) potato...it actually sounds very similar!
    I'll be naming one of my in-game infants Patatje.

I prefer the American English literal translation for 'patatje oorlog' (war fries) to the UK/ Ireland version (war chips). I mean we can win a war with WAR FRIES!! (so dramatic) however, 'war chips 'sounds kinda pathetic, right? I wouldn't trust war chips to win a war now to be honest...

Okay...but wait...do you not have war fries in Belgium at all then...considering it's only a little potato? 🤔

As for eekhoorntje, it definitely means little squirrel, not sure if the wee is appropriate.

Oh yes 'wee' can mean a variety of things...in my squirrel context it was an Irish (or indeed Scottish) 'wee' for 'little'. Like a little little squirrel...as in an extra small -and possibly very cute and soft- squirrel.

I digress.

I also think these parts of the update are great, especially the pie menu overhaul. My brain is now spending fewer calories on trying to find its way through the social interaction maze.