Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited March 2023
    Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I really hate the tree house that came with the pack. It's ugly and huge. 😢😩 My sims can't place it in any of their houses and it's so sad. I don't like the look of it neither. It has two huge trees in the middle which is totally unnecessary, it takes so much space and I've never seen a tree house like that before. They've could have made a simpler design with one cute tree in the middle, a couple branches, and the enclosure, that would take less space and it would look overall better and more natural than two giant trees for a single little house. They've failed in the design in my opinion. It feels like another of those huge objects like the observatory or the cupcakes machine.
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited March 2023
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    Yeah from what i’ve seen, the world was not necessary. i think the pack could’ve worked like seasons, without a world but adds a core game mechanic (dynamics) and then they could’ve expanded even more on gameplay and interactions.

I wish that instead of the world we've got more family friendly activities.

Toddlers could have gotten tricycles and toy horse rides, lemonade stands for kids, bingo for elders, etc.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    omg yes i would've LOVED all of those activities! i was just thinking about how i wish toddlers had gotten bikes too
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited March 2023
    The Parenting Predicaments scenario defaut twins, vs the Parenting Predicaments scenario twins after losing teeth.
    0cqbHFG.png

This is fine I'm fine : ))))

(Edited to have one single image.)
    Post edited by happyopi on
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    The Parenting Predicaments scenario defaut twins, vs the Parenting Predicaments scenario twins after losing teeth.
    c6oKCuC.pngEfVyrYF.png

zWf12hb.pngtPeCGlf.png

Oh the horror! I am so scared of encountering this bug (I haven't played enough yet). Is there a way around this bug, or a way to fix it after it happens?
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Yeah from what i’ve seen, the world was not necessary. i think the pack could’ve worked like seasons, without a world but adds a core game mechanic (dynamics) and then they could’ve expanded even more on gameplay and interactions.

THIS. I only enjoy the neighborhood with the rec center and walking trail. Being that Seasons is one of the most well-received of all the packs they could have made this another worldless pack and could have added new skills and even more gameplay.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    c6oKCuC.pngEfVyrYF.png

zWf12hb.pngtPeCGlf.png

I struggle to see the difference.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    c6oKCuC.pngEfVyrYF.png

zWf12hb.pngtPeCGlf.png

Their noses are much shorter and smaller. The eyes seem to be smaller too.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited March 2023
    Absolutely fascinated by your face blindness.

Oh the horror! I am so scared of encountering this bug (I haven't played enough yet). Is there a way around this bug, or a way to fix it after it happens?
    I've seen a mod for the bug of growing up with a loose tooth moodlet (void skin) but nothing else yet.
    Honestly I'd gladly welcome a mod getting rid of the milk teeth mechanic altogether. As far as I understand it, this is because it happens too often, i.e. losing another tooth while still having the overlay of the previous lost one.
    Maybe immediately replacing a lost tooth would fix it.

The twins are still kids in my game and the differences are fairly subtle in that lifestage, but I knew something was up because I take so many pictures of them, and their nose placement had changed.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited March 2023
    Yes I'd like a mod to disable the whole teeth thing too, that would solve both of those problems. I was playing an aged down version of a teen sim, I started him as an infant and when he finally reached teen he looked nothing like he was supposed to. His face was all smooshed. Then I found out it was because of loosing teeth as a child. I haven't had the solid black glitch yet but I have had messed up genetics. If not a mod, then give us a game option to disable it like we have for acne and other things.

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    0cqbHFG.png

(Edited to have one single image.)

Apparently those were their nose teeth that they lost, @happyopi :/
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    My poor sims have also been hit by this nose stealing glitch, but it seems like it can be fixed by enabling cas.fulleditmode, pulling down the chin a wee bit, pulling down the nose, and making the eyes and nose a bit bigger. Shame that we'd have to do it at all but at least it's consistent? So far it's the worst bug of the pack I've experienced- my sims kids should be getting a visit from the tooth fairy, not the nose fairy.

I wonder if it's somehow related to how alien genetics have been messed up for years. Looking back at the pictures there might be something different with the eyebrows too, but idk it doesn't stick out as much.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    greydonn wrote: »
    My poor sims have also been hit by this nose stealing glitch, but it seems like it can be fixed by enabling cas.fulleditmode, pulling down the chin a wee bit, pulling down the nose, and making the eyes and nose a bit bigger. Shame that we'd have to do it at all but at least it's consistent? So far it's the worst bug of the pack I've experienced- my sims kids should be getting a visit from the tooth fairy, not the nose fairy.

I wonder if it's somehow related to how alien genetics have been messed up for years. Looking back at the pictures there might be something different with the eyebrows too, but idk it doesn't stick out as much.
    thanks for the heads up! my child sim is aging up soon so i’m not sure if i will get this glitch yet, but if o do i’ll do what you’ve suggested.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    alan650111 wrote: »

THIS. I only enjoy the neighborhood with the rec center and walking trail. Being that Seasons is one of the most well-received of all the packs they could have made this another worldless pack and could have added new skills and even more gameplay.

Yeah me too! the rec center is cool i guess even tho it doesn’t add anything new really (ACTUAL art classes would’ve been cool lol), and i also loveeeee the trails to go walking/jogging with the autonomous drinking water etc. in between.

But if they really needed to make a world, imo it could’ve been more like they do for recent game packs with a small world to add new commercial lots ONLY and then to add the walking trails around that.

I’ve seen many ppl from San Fran say that this world looks almost nothing like it apart from the bridge because there are no actually liveable town homes and the area is very dense so there’s a lot of town homes/apartments. I’m just confused as to why they went the way they did with the world for this pack theme.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Another shell that could have been an actual lot. :cry:
    Ftda7Pv.png

ooh... :o
    That would have been nice.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    greydonn wrote: »

thanks for the heads up! my child sim is aging up soon so i’m not sure if i will get this glitch yet, but if o do i’ll do what you’ve suggested.

My other best advice is to take your young sims into CAS before they have a chance to lose their teeth, age them up to a teen, and take a screenshot so you have a reference to what they looked like before. You'd have to do this with cas.fulleditmode on too. I'm wishing you the best though and I hope your child doesn't get glitched!
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I sorted it out by using MCCC to paste over a library copy of my teen. This is a truly awful bug that needs to be fixed ASAP.

I had played a whole family before the teen save and wondered why the teens in my first save looked so awful when they aged up. The parents were generic looking and didn't have any distorted features and yet all the kids aged up into teens with smooshed faces. After discovering that this is a bug I went ahead and looked at their original copies and aged them up to teens and they all looked normal, with no squished faces.
  • Options
    thank you!!
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »
    Ftda7Pv.png

ooh... :o
    That would have been nice.
    yep, i saw this and was devastated lol. That would’ve been a great tiny home or rabbithole bait shop or something.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Ftda7Pv.png

I'm disappointed that it's not. It's so unique.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Ftda7Pv.png

Oh wow that looks good too and shame we can't use boats in this version.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Ftda7Pv.png

This should have been a useable lot. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Absolutely fascinated by your face blindness.

I've seen a mod for the bug of growing up with a loose tooth moodlet (void skin) but nothing else yet.
    Honestly I'd gladly welcome a mod getting rid of the milk teeth mechanic altogether. As far as I understand it, this is because it happens too often, i.e. losing another tooth while still having the overlay of the previous lost one.
    Maybe immediately replacing a lost tooth would fix it.

The twins are still kids in my game and the differences are fairly subtle in that lifestage, but I knew something was up because I take so many pictures of them, and their nose placement had changed.

Where can we find that mod? I hate needing a mod for the EP but this is something I want to avoid.

I already have another mod by Carl to fix Mt Komorebi. Now I can check if sims really get a milestone for the top of the mountain. I will test it next week but his mods usually do exactly what they are supposed to do.
  • Options
    I had the face glitch :( had to edit their face with cheats as suggested.