Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How is everyone doing with the infants?

Comments

• tischidlytischidly Posts: 18 Member
    I briefly played with one, but I didn't find it as difficult as some were saying. Maybe it's because I only had one infant in the house rather than multiples, but idk, I think they're adorable! I thought the infant was going to be all-encompassing, but at least for me, it was quite easy to navigate the infant's needs and the other members of the household. I love the chaos of many toddlers, so I hope having a combo of infants, newborns and toddlers is going to be similar to that mess haha
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    base game infants i found rather easy to care for but with GRT when you start from the very beginning you are easily pulled into this strange baby realm where you are on constant loop of baby needs X i have to get this milestone so baby can X

it does help if you allow yourself couple cheat days

run off to another lot
    or just let Kyle do all the babycaring

or cheat the needs for your infant and take little daytrip to the most not infant friendly places on sim earth that have nothing to do with diaper changing sleeping or eating

do have to say though my perfectionism is gonna be the death of me with this :lol: its going to take so long to age my nooboos now

Vlad just might have to rethink his plans of having thousand and one kids now

also despite all the caring the baby absolutely despises the caregiver :lol: all because she has hissing problem

a tragedy if you may

I do suppose it probably gets easier with time when i really understand what i am doing and when i play premade families n such where i have multiple sims to play that don't all need to be part of the baby realm :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Just to add, in my testing have two kids with Morgyn and it isn't too hard....if you're just going to be a loner. You have to keep more of an eye on them and it is very similar to sims 2 so on the second day their needs can drop but it is still reasonable you won't immediately be at risk for them getting taken away but yeah you can't just leave them and forget it. I do not know how people are doing the 7 infant challenge but it helps to take advantage of naps and put them on different sleep schedules who knew I would have to consider that.

So uh yeah the more you choose to do on your own all at once the harder it should get unless you get used to it.
    Fun.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    It certainly gave me greater appreciation for toddlers. I'm definitely going to be aging up early every time.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    It's just so much fun! They're really entertaining as you care for them. I love learning all of the ins and outs. Ultimately, my game hasn't changed all that much, but I sure have a lot more available to do if I so choose!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    you are easily pulled into this strange baby realm where you are on constant loop of baby needs X i have to get this milestone so baby can X

oh man that takes me back to early rl parenthood
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I don't have the new pack but I had a toddler and twin infants, which was...interesting.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

How are we doing with the infants….?

Hmmm…good question.

I have ‘fear’ of infants, both in game and IRL. No, the comments on here aren’t very encouraging. 😆

My first challenge is to move one of those babes from CAS daycare (oh they’re absolutely cute ‘n all) into live mode (yelp!).
    I’m decreasing my sim’s woohoo drive for now. Too risky, I don’t want any surprise babies. A bath full of ice cubes should suffice.

Now, the fortunate baby that I WILL have is going to be part of an adventure quest, none of this housebound business. Hush now little darling, I shall wash you in the next available sink!

I recently discovered a book in a shop titled ‘Commando Dad: Advice for New Recruits to Fatherhood’. It’s written military style, very easy to understand for numbskulls like myself, I should have bought and read it. If I had, at least I’d be able to look after Sims 4 infants with great confidence.

Right now, I’m struggling…. Oh dear I’m struggling.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I haven't had a chance to play yet (need a good amount of free time so I really play!) but am looking forward to it! From what I am reading from the posts, the gameplay sounds alot like having babies and toddlers in Sims 2, so I know I am going to love the challenge! Infants require alot of time, as they are so dependent on the caregivers. I am excited to watch them grow with each milestone. Oh, they are finally turning over on own or sitting up! Awesome, they are pulling themselves up to standing and will be walking soon! I remember how exciting it was with my daughter as she grew and accomplished each milestone, and can't wait to have my sim parents enjoy this special time in their lives! And yes, infants do require alot of your time, as when they are finally asleep, mommy/daddy need to rest! But infants don't sleep long, so the best milestone will be sleeping through the night! I remember the chaos in Sims 2 when I first played the Ottamas family. Good thing I love a challenge!
  • Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 711 Member
    I am having trouble making ANY sims interact with each other in any meaningful way. Sims keep freezing. Playing with an infant is centered on sim interactions. I would rather have my sim scrub a toilet than interact with an infant.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I have barely scratched the surface on game play. I still had to get my target couple married, while playing vanilla for the time. A couple of days later, the mods I needed were updated or deemed compatible, so I tried to play in a test copy of the vanilla save, with just the mods I needed. All went well, so I decided, since I have a copy of my entire Sims4 Folder saved to a Flash Drive, that I could make yet another copy of it, and initiate gameplay, with the mods in place. I have slowly returned other cc and stuff. Finally, my couple had their baby. He had just aged up to Infant and completed about two Milestones, when my gaming rig went kablooey. To be fair, Windows has been crashing a great deal lately, and I have no clue what broke down inside to cause the hard drive to no longer receive information it needs to fully boot up. I just know I'm anxious to get back to it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    So sorry about your rig blowing up on you at the worst time ever. @GalacticGal As you know one of my rigs also went to heck just a couple of weeks before the infant update dropped. I hate starting over from scratch more than I hate rain. >:)

Infants. Ah, yes, we have been expecting you little bundles of joy since 2017. That's a long time to be 'expecting'. But never in my wildest dreams did I expect to see features like family dynamics, or all the other new features in the update and pack. I am in love with Sims4 now even more than I was before. Since I had been forced to start all over, I decided to wait to have a baby born in game until I have a few more YAs married and settled down. Whew, talk about a challenge with all the new interactions and the new compatibility features. The matches I had set in my head went down the drain within two days of playing my new save. Guess I'm not the best matchmaker for my Sims any longer.

I have been following many players as they navigate the new life stage, and I have to admit I am a little worried I might not be up to the challenge if infants are as needy as they are said to be. And there are a few bugs with infants that I hope get sorted out soon before I accept the challenge of my target couple having the first born in game baby. And I sure as heck hope this couple isn't 'blessed' with twins! I see there is some speculation that has been retuned and multiple babies are more likely to happen now. Yikes! I foresee an age gap between my Sims' children with new babies being born once the older sibling ages up to a child and goes to school. But I am totally in love with the new infants. And I don't think I will be very thrilled if every pregnancy ends with the birth of twins and triplets. I'm all for a bit of chaos in my game, but triplets!! That's just a bit over the top for me. :D
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    So far I'm 50/50 between multiples and single births - my first infants were twins, and in another save I got a single. I believe the first is pregnant again now that the infants are toddlers, so we'll see.
    Thant you @Paigeisin5 . I use MCCC to decide just how many babies will be born. I also was glad to see Erik and Kayleigh's first was a boy, (another thing this mod is good for). Click on the pregnant Sim and select MC Pregnancy and it will tell you how far into the pregnancy (which you can change, if you like) and the gender of the baby and how many babies. You can set how many of each gender, too, if you want multiples.

When I was playing this game save originally, I made them have their children one right after the other. The second pregnancy resulted in twin girls (no, I didn't set the mod for it) the game gave me that gift. LOL But given that Kayleigh is a triplet, this could be why the twins. So, after seeing how involved it is playing with Infants, I am rethinking just how quickly the next child or children come. I'll have to wait to see when the 'right' moment arrives for the next one is on the way. So far, I only had a day with the Infant before my rig collapsed on me. Sadness.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    @GalacticGal Shut the front door!!! I have been using MCCC for years and didn't know it has a cheat for pregnancies. Talk about feeling like a noob! :D Thank you so much for the info. I will be keeping a close eye on all my pregnant Sims from now on. <3
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    @GalacticGal Shut the front door!!! I have been using MCCC for years and didn't know it has a cheat for pregnancies. Talk about feeling like a noob! :D Thank you so much for the info. I will be keeping a close eye on all my pregnant Sims from now on. <3

You're very welcome, but make certain you have the latest and greatest hot fix. 2023 1.3 is out as of this morning.
    Now that I did see, and I got the MCCC Hot Fix earlier. Now I need to read the documentation for MCCC and check to see what other nuggets of knowledge I don't know. :/
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited March 2023
    I like the infants, they are good to play. I'm not a family player and I only have the patch yet, but I like how infants seem different, and not just because of their trait. Recent addition is "Intense", which suited the household (mother) perfectly, but it turns out he often sleeps on the floor without as much as a simple cry. Gotta love him, although I was looking forward to his mom being up for a challenge...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited March 2023
    Honestly? Maybe I was a little ambitious putting two infants in my family, lol, but I found them to be kind of hard. I think that their needs decay just a little TOO fast, as I was constantly alternating between the same interactions over & over all while trying to take care of the needs of the adult sims, too. I actually think that the next time I play, I’m just going to cheat their needs so that I can try out the other interactions & maybe take some photos.
  • EnriqueWallaceEnriqueWallace Posts: 1 New Member
    I played the game felt great when it brought the game it didn't rain. I always want to play without getting bored
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Those poor Babies. They keep being put on a cold hard floor instead of their cute playpen thing or their comfy crib. It so reminds me of the poor Babies from Sims 3. :'(:D
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Forgot to mention that my sims had twins. It was a bit hectic the following day when there was a lasting thunder storm - and they live in a haunted house. Mom, dad and both infants were super scared constantly.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I freeze their needs and ignore them until it's time for them to grow up into toddlers, and then I ignore them until they're children. It's a good thing I'm not an IRL parent.
  • Th3_H0wling_Ch1ldTh3_H0wling_Ch1ld Posts: 144 Member
    edited March 2023
    My sim for whatever reason cannot feed or pickup the infant....my beautiful little infants are starving

oZoRFnW.png

I thought at first it was where the highchair was located so moved it but it still happens and it's bugging me...
    For now imma cheat their hunger up until i can find what the issue is-
    My Legacy Family & Story Family are in one Save. Much easier...
  • Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    My sim for whatever reason cannot feed or pickup the infant....my beautiful little infants are starving

oZoRFnW.png

I thought at first it was where the highchair was located so moved it but it still happens and it's bugging me...
    For now imma cheat their hunger up until i can find what the issue is-

If you’ve got the growing together pack they can’t use the high chair until they can sit up. You need to use a bottle or breast feed. Do lots of tummy time until they’re able to sit and then the high chair will unlock for them