Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Legacy memorial (cemetery)

For those who play Legacy or 100 baby challenges - does anybody have like small cemetery to bury grandparents/parents on the same lot or in the backyard?

I was thinking maybe do like that the royal family does have mausoleum in the basement or below it and have family heirlooms and passed away members buried there kinda like tomb

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I used Peaceful Hill Cemetery by dsjack001 on the Gallery. It's a 40x30 lot with 5 mausoleums.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    I'm playing a challenge right now where keeping heirlooms and portraits is part of it. There's a hallway in the house where these items are displayed. I choose to keep my ghosts around, since I get a kick out of them, so their urns are in the hallway as well and they drop by when they feel like it or when a friendly family spellcaster casts Necrocall on them. :)
    gen3-banner.png
  • fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 200 Member
    I'm playing a challenge right now where keeping heirlooms and portraits is part of it. There's a hallway in the house where these items are displayed. I choose to keep my ghosts around, since I get a kick out of them, so their urns are in the hallway as well and they drop by when they feel like it or when a friendly family spellcaster casts Necrocall on them. :)

omg wow that is awesome kinda like haunted house with family visiting - what pack would i need for urns
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Urns are basegame :) When a sim dies (assuming you're playing the family or visiting the lot where the sim dies) the Grim Reaper leaves an urn behind. It displays as an urn indoors, tombstone outdoors. They can be moved around or even put in a sim's inventory to be carried to another lot.
    gen3-banner.png
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I tend to have big families who are plagued with multiples, so I'd have 3-5 kids every gen. I can't keep urns on my home lot due to my families being big, so I used to have a cemetery lot where I'd place their graves. Now I've scrapped that idea since I have too many families in favor of a haunted house with my urns locked in a basement. It's nice since the homeowner is a paranormal investigator and he'd always have company at night (:
    Cement wrote: »
    I tend to have big families who are plagued with multiples, so I'd have 3-5 kids every gen. I can't keep urns on my home lot due to my families being big, so I used to have a cemetery lot where I'd place their graves. Now I've scrapped that idea since I have too many families in favor of a haunted house with my urns locked in a basement. It's nice since the homeowner is a paranormal investigator and he'd always have company at night (:

i thought you could release the spirit also? set it free? how come no tombstone in the only and only urns?
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I have two cemetary lots. One for sims and one for pets.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited March 2023
    For the cemetery in my decade challenge I had used Monument aux morts by Sims_in_time as a base and placed this on Vlad's lot. I added some walkways and placed the gravestones at the end of the ww1. At first the graves were next to the churches, but then I realised I need more space. With the time it grew, changed with some cc. It's always nice to remember these long passed-away sims. At the end of the challenge I had released most of the non-family ghosts. The cemetery is looking like this right now.
    vgiWpXd.png
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

I'm actually in the process of building a functional "Cemetery/Crypt" lot. I'm starting with a 20X15. Then I plan to make larger versions.

What would be the best venue type? "National Park"?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I'm actually in the process of building a functional "Cemetery/Crypt" lot. I'm starting with a 20X15. Then I plan to make larger versions.

If you don't mind no one else coming there, I've had good luck with the "Generic" lot type. There are no lot requirements to put there with a Generic lot.

I also started on a 20x15 lot as a small garden cemetery, then built crypt basements below for urns when I ran out of space on the ground above.
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Cement wrote: »

i thought you could release the spirit also? set it free? how come no tombstone in the only and only urns?

Tombstones only appear as tombstones when you put them outdoors. When you pick up a tombstone and move it indoors, it automatically turns into an urn. If you take an urn and move it outside on the ground, it becomes a tombstone again.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member

If you make the lot type a National Park, it requires a grill. I think that's all it requires. You could always shrink down the grill and put it somewhere hidden so sims won't be able to use it.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel

@SweetieWright_84 @RoseQuartz

I've seen that with other people's builds I've downloaded for ideas for the "Generic" and also hiding the requirements shrunk down somewhere.

However, I'm thinking of having it as a park or national park so that it can also be visited for other reasons. I did put a grill in and a picnic table and a bench. Nice statues and landscaping gardens. Plaques and that too that a sim can "view".

Gotta have "Spooky" lot trait though for fun though, right? This is a "Sims" game. ;)

A bit 'on the fence' for spots to place tombstones. (Underground in the crypt is simple. Place the urns on shelves and platforms. I've been putting in a bunch of coffins too for visual detail.) What I mean is they can be placed fairly close together holding 'Alt' when moving them in build mode. But alot of players may not know how to do that so maybe set it up so that with bb.moveobjects off, and without using Alt the tombstones can be easily placed?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited March 2023
    if anybody is making a small grave love to download it - and also where can i find tombstones in the game?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    @SweetieWright_84 @RoseQuartz

I've seen that with other people's builds I've downloaded for ideas for the "Generic" and also hiding the requirements shrunk down somewhere.

However, I'm thinking of having it as a park or national park so that it can also be visited for other reasons. I did put a grill in and a picnic table and a bench. Nice statues and landscaping gardens. Plaques and that too that a sim can "view".

Gotta have "Spooky" lot trait though for fun though, right? This is a "Sims" game. ;)

A bit 'on the fence' for spots to place tombstones. (Underground in the crypt is simple. Place the urns on shelves and platforms. I've been putting in a bunch of coffins too for visual detail.) What I mean is they can be placed fairly close together holding 'Alt' when moving them in build mode. But alot of players may not know how to do that so maybe set it up so that with bb.moveobjects off, and without using Alt the tombstones can be easily placed?

I have one cemetery and I've made it a haunted community space. The only requirement is the community notice board. I've set it up as a church with graveyard and catacombs in the basement. Vlad plays the organ there. :smiley:
    somebody had made willow creek church and grave - cant find it on gallery buts its on her saves maybe pc?
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I have one cemetery and I've made it a haunted community space. The only requirement is the community notice board. I've set it up as a church with graveyard and catacombs in the basement. Vlad plays the organ there. :smiley:

Yeeeah... I don't want to make a creepy one though. A nice 'pretty' functional cemetery/crypt. Of course people later could turn it into a creepy one, heh heh!

The reason I want 'spooky' on though is so the ghosts of the deceased visit it often.

(But hey crocobaura, that sounds cool for yours)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    I've renovated the community lots in Willow Creek to loosely resemble New Orleans. This is the cemetery that shares the same lot as the Museum. I built it from scratch after seeing a similar build someone made. Not much to it so it was easy to build in no time. The Museum could be a Church which I almost did but I already have a wedding venue in Oasis Springs.
    w0kDSIS.png

This is my graveyard I built for Forgotten Hollow. I use platforms to place urns so there's room for tombstones & urns up top and below room for urns or anything else like photos. The metal box by the stairs leads to Moonwood Mil. Basements can be kind of buggy in this game so I built the basement first then the entrance on top of it. It also didn't take too long to build.
    S5HFYoa.png
    CCHvz33.png

I plan on eventually sharing lots on the Gallery but I own all packs and I'm building for myself so there's multiple packs used.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I've renovated the community lots in Willow Creek to loosely resemble New Orleans. This is the cemetery that shares the same lot as the Museum. I built it from scratch after seeing a similar build someone made. Not much to it so it was easy to build in no time. The Museum could be a Church which I almost did but I already have a wedding venue in Oasis Springs.
    w0kDSIS.png

This is my graveyard I built for Forgotten Hollow. I use platforms to place urns so there's room for tombstones & urns up top and below room for urns or anything else like photos. The metal box by the stairs leads to Moonwood Mil. Basements can be kind of buggy in this game so I built the basement first then the entrance on top of it. It also didn't take too long to build.
    S5HFYoa.png
    CCHvz33.png

I plan on eventually sharing lots on the Gallery but I own all packs and I'm building for myself so there's multiple packs used.

omg that looks amazing both builds - you look like a pro builder- i would love to download the museum for willowcreek

i play on console

@SimplyJen Those look pretty awesome!

I will definitely be using packs, though should keep it to a minimum until I 'release' the lot(s) in the Gallery. "Vampires" pack is a must, lol!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

@fazemanpress On console, can you use the equivalent of holding down Alt to place objects? If not, then I will go towards making mine so that is not needed.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited March 2023
    I uploaded the WC lot for you. Since I haven't play tested inside the Museum yet I may take it down a few weeks from now.
    @fazemanpress @Admiral8Q Thank you :)

edit: oops You can find me on the Gallery @ SimplyJen
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I uploaded the WC lot for you. Since I haven't play tested inside the Museum yet I may take it down a few weeks from now.
    @fazemanpress @Admiral8Q Thank you :)

edit: oops You can find me on the Gallery @ SimplyJen

omg tysm :) will test it out - im currently working on community centre for willowcreek

Here is what I have so far for my Cemetery/Crypt.

FlS3sxD.png
    PJMHgaZ.png
    W623in6.png
    mHMfrSa.png
    TfXmwnF.png

NOT EVEN CLOSE TO FINISHED!!! So yes, more than a bit sloppy at the moment.

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

@Admiral8Q I like how small it is but so much room to work with below. The shelves are a great idea.