Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The only big feature that hasn't returned yet are Hotels

Fingers crossed for Hotels to be the main focus of the next GP, it's basically all I'm asking for now :D

It's weird that we haven't gotten it by now, with so many vacation worlds and opportunities for it to be included in both Sulani and Mt. Komorebi, two worlds that perfectly lend themselves to this kind of venue type.

Comments

• Options
    Alphaman98Alphaman98 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hope we get something worth while next. The whole infant community rant was unnecessarily exhausting. Glad that's over with. I wish they didn't make the new movie theater a rabbit hole. Sigh..I hope the next update is a pack refresh or something better than babies and cribs.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 713 Member
    I also am anxious for something not baby. I spent very little time exploring the infant stuff. I am many sim years away from wanting to use any of that stuff with my main sim. I would love hotels! I never played Sims 2 and 3. I went straight from Sims 1 to Sims 4.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Alphaman98 wrote: »
    Hope we get something worth while next. The whole infant community rant was unnecessarily exhausting. Glad that's over with. I wish they didn't make the new movie theater a rabbit hole. Sigh..I hope the next update is a pack refresh or something better than babies and cribs.

Hopefully Sims 5 won't have so many boring and annoying rabbit holes. I feel like EA has turned Sims 4 into Sims 3 2.0 all these pointless rabbitholes.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 298 Member
    And cars
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Now that there’s sleepovers, hopefully Hotels will be next 😉
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'd like horses and dragons, and perhaps fairies. I don't feel the need for hotels or vehicles.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    lunnarila wrote: »
    Actually we also don't have fairies, horses, and music bands yet so not only

Came here to say this.

Hotels and travel in general top my wish list so definitely hoping the second EP this year is hotels and travel based.

I don't mind the rabbit holes, I actually wish they had made more of the buildings in San Sequoia interactive. Rabbit holes and clickable buildings allow the worlds to feel more open.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    I thought of a great idea...it was a smart move distancing Island Living from resorts (although that pack is a dud and needs a serious refresh)....Dubai is a popular resort
    and we now have the option to have rental lots for vacations.
    Could that be an opportunity to introduce a new world combined with resorts? I mean a Vegas style town could be another option.
    Apologies if I'm being ignorant I was just trying to think of a way they could respectfully add resorts across the whole game whilst creating a new "non American" world.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I think cars is the biggest thing missing from past iterations. Far bigger than hotels in my opinion.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    What about CARS ??
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited March 2023
    Nectar making is high on my list! Not for a full EP, but it could make a rather big feature of a pack, including business/collectors/sales event/tasting night etc. I'm always interested in more ways to use what we grow, and I don't think we need 500 different grape species.

Oups... back on topic, nectar making could match well with a hotel pack. I hope we'll see hotels soon :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    Personally I'm waiting for more activities.

Band and Chemistry haven't returned yet.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd say there's a few others big features still missing like cars bands romance/chemistry/dating and I'd like the say retail since Get to Work hardly touched on retail the most basic unfinished game play in the game so shallow.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I appreciate this very personal opinion. 😅

On my list of ‘BIG’ features, hotels is probably somewhere near the bottom. That said, I would actually like my sim to be able to run a wee B&B or a creepy inn that’s part residential, part guest accommodation….😈
    There should be cross-pack compatibility with Dine Out too so that we can set up a somewhat functional restaurant and serve say,…crickets for breakfast.

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited March 2023
    Oups - I just remembered my biggest dream feature not yet added, I'd like a way to have multiple lot categories per lot. Assigning a section of the build (room(s) or a full floor even, if that is the only way) to additional lot category. This would make it possible to run a decent mall or simply adding a functional café or small bakery to a vet clinic or a small flower shop at the corner of the Lounge. And while at it - why not assigning such a business section to your residential lot? Back in TS2 we could live upstairs and run a shop on ground floor. It opens a ton of possibilities.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm hoping for cars myself.

I'm skeptical about how they would make hotels, it feels like a pack that would require better working NPC's that are actually working properly and also rooms that can be assigned. The game doesn't seem to make any distinction between rooms, sims treat bathrooms like kitchens etc. so I'm not sure how hotels would work, you would probably have to keep locking and unlocking doors for the guests.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    All I want for the sims

Faries
    Bands with singers
    Slides
    Arcades
    And Hotels
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I don't know if these are big features but it would be big features to me.
    My big features would be:
    Medieval World/CAS/Objects/Gameplay
    Futuristic World/CAS/Objects/Gameplay
    Time Travel to Past/Future & live there if household wants to
    Horses/Wagons/Cars/Flying Car
    <3:pB);)
  • Options
    CatSimerCatSimer Posts: 16 Member
    I haven't played Sims 3, but I would love pack focused on time travel. This time not only future, but past also.
  • Options
    Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    edited March 2023
    Transportation, corn fields, pool tables, poolslide and oranges trees is a must have before the series ends.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Nectar making is high on my list! Not for a full EP, but it could make a rather big feature of a pack, including business/collectors/sales event/tasting night etc. I'm always interested in more ways to use what we grow, and I don't think we need 500 different grape species.

Oups... back on topic, nectar making could match well with a hotel pack. I hope we'll see hotels soon :)

This is a big one for me as well, and I agree that nectar-making would pair well with hotels to combine for an EP. Also agree that we don't need lots of different grapes. Maybe just one or two in addition to the table grapes we already have, though: champagne grapes, e.g. It would also be a great time to re-introduce peaches and plums, for our light summer wines.

I would love to either have (1) a French world that is both residential and has hotels (alongside the rental lots we already have), so that our sims could visit or live there. I also very on board with the @CAPTAIN_NXR7 B&B idea! In addition to nectar-making, we could have cafes, bakeries, florists, bookstores, art galleries, etc. Ah, I'm getting nostalgic just thinking about it! (Maybe we could even sneak in ballet, along with an afterschool dance club, unless we are getting that in a hobbies pack at some point.)

Or (2) we could have an Italian world with all of the above + a pizza oven. Either way, I'd expect to see new recipes and some stylish new CAS.

If neither of the above, we could branch out a bit and have nectar-making in Chile, Argentina, Australia, or South Africa, all of which have great wine IRL. Out of those options, I'd probably prefer either Australia or South Africa, since either would be very new to the Sims franchise, and then have Argentina reserved for a horse pack. (I think nectar-making + horses would probably be too much to get in one pack, even an EP, if we want either to be in-depth enough.)

Anyway, tl; dr: I think hotels would go well with any of the above.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Also for hotels: I have said this before, but I think hotels + bands would be a hilarious and awesome combination, if we could give bands the ability to trash hotel rooms, just saying.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited March 2023
    actually idk its all about execution if i need hotels or nah

I have some builds ive meant to be more of lodging like in henford i have frogs wallow and theres this big hotel i built in sulani

ive set the henford one restaurant and sulani one spa and i just go there pretend its hotel

but i feel like if restaurants and spas can't be part of hotel lot type then meh i probably won't use it i'll just keep them spa and restaurant

and even less will i ever use rabbithole hotel that would just be sad
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free