Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    I told the game, nope, I do not want my Sim to be clumsy so it said, fine, you have a strict parenting style with your child instead. Case (the strict) and Phoenix (the supportive) had their second child together. A baby girl. I would say adorable but we all know that sim newborns are not adorable. They don't become adorable until they become infants.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    I started a new save again and made a new sim Chloe who will eventually be one of my main sims grandmothers. I started her as teen as I want her to have a life of her own. I moved her into Henford as I want to save San sequoia for the next generation.

I haven’t actually played cottage living at all so I am seeing that and growing together for the first time. I also started to build a rec centre there. In England we have a lot of chapels, community centres, village halls etc so I’m trying to give it that kinda feel.

It was pretty good, about 10 sims came in and they started to use the games and the gym and the piano and the swings. I need to maybe put more infants and toddlers into the npc families now so they’ll use the kids parts. Perhaps Henford townie makeover tomorrow.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Big sister keeping little sister busy
    19-3-2023-13-05-51.png
    Colette taking a nap in daddy's arms
    19-3-2023-13-16-17.png
    Things got a bit out of hand...
    19-3-2023-13-34-42.png
    Nicely spent afternoon full of sunshine
    19-3-2023-14-12-26.png
    And then my sim's brother invited him to the spice festival, which was such a needed break/distraction for him and me as well tbh
    19-3-2023-14-19-59.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited March 2023
    I am still going through my mods and playing different households to see if everything's working. Good thing is that I am almost sure which folder my problem is located in, because as long as I keep it out, my game runs perfectly. But said folder is nearly 4 GB's and full of my oldest cc, which does not help to narrow things down 😥
    In other words, I am taking back all my complains about toddlers being too needy. Compared to infants, they are angels. I seriously considered resurrecting Lucille for a moment despite her being out of control and annoying, because she left her husband with seven babies who will age up to infants as soon as I next play their households. Luckily for him, he is a vampire and as such doesn't need to eat or sleep, so he might even survive to tell the tale.
  • Options
    Destro_NightDestro_Night Posts: 1 New Member
    What's happened in my game today...
    Well, I honestly don't know. But my two sims now hate each other.

My sim, Thea, met Cassandra Goth in high school, and have been friends ever since. When college time came, they moved in together and went to college. Thea was my teen challenge. Start with no money, a teen, in an empty lot. During college, they became a couple. I planned for them to adopt a child together when they both graduated.

Well, Thea graduated, and is now top of her mechanical engineering career, making almost 4k a day. Cass is about to graduate, but she makes bank painting (seriously, she paints a masterpiece roughly every 3rd painting).

So, money is good. House is MUCH bigger. Things are going well. And I just realized with the new patch, you can make a science baby. Awesome. It's about time they can do that. But the option would come up. So, when they both had a day off, I started them talking, queuing up conversations, then would see when the option pops up.

While they talk, I was working with my servo, making another servo, and starting my side robot takeover story.

I come back, and they're now arguing, their romance bar is near empty and their friendship bar is a quarter in the red! I have no idea what the frick happened! Both bars were maxed. I've never made them argue, and they never have on their own either. But in 5 game hours, they went from soul mates and best friends, to not even wanting to sleep in the same bed, and can't do a single interaction without arguing.

I have no idea what happened.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    edited March 2023
    I wanted to make Greg playable, but before that two sims needed to defeat him in a werewolf brawl for their aspiration. Okay, they are both Apex werewolves with Fitness 10, so I expected them to have a decent chance.

Daniel, a Hot-headed sim, went in first. He wore protective clothing (a padded vest, goggles and cc gloves) and I had made sure to get him Very Confident before the fight, but he still got mauled by Greg. Bleeding from several cuts and his "armor" hanging in rags, Daniel had a dangerous emotional coctail brewing inside him: Dominantly Playful (from intimidating Greg with a werewolf power I don't know the english name of), and under the hood one each of Tense, Embarassed and Angry. I made Daniel attack Greg again, and this time he won.

Then Tina, a Loner who always had a surprisingly good relationship with Greg, went in Energized and wearing only her light athletic wear. Greg howled a greeting, attacked her and got defeated - maximum efficiency, all business, no hard feelings, see you later.

It was so in-character for this duo, I loved it a lot.
  • Options
    Oh I see why cottage living was so popular now! After a good first day, Chloe’s school started the day after she moved in and she still hasn’t got a welcome wagon.

It’s been a constant struggle to stay on top of the cooking, needs, fear, puppy, cow, chickens, crops, homework, puberty, school project, three day storm and Maira Watson visiting at 11pm and breaking her things.

It is a losing battle but thankfully it is harvestfest tomorrow. No time to celebrate but she might be able to get on top of the chores!
    1-B609-CE6-8-ADF-4-F3-A-AF13-125605-C12845.jpgBE6-B9629-DFA2-4-A6-E-B1-CC-9231-C56-D5478.jpg74-B2-F774-E215-4852-A634-FBD3106217-AC.jpgE46-E790-D-9-BCB-4-E7-F-B64-B-176-C2-DB12739.jpg8-AE3-E5-CE-DADD-4-F6-B-93-C2-83-EDE0559-E34.jpg

2-F006-CA1-B5-D0-4-BCD-A5-DA-BA580384-F135.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,869 Member
    edited March 2023
    Awesome pics @JustinB113. I love Cottage Living and you're right it takes a lot to stay on top of things. Glad you finally got around to experiencing it.

ETA: Have you tried planting any of the oversize crops or making jams and preserves?
  • Options
    Awesome pics @JustinB113. I love Cottage Living and you're right it takes a lot to stay on top of things. Glad you finally got around to experiencing it.

ETA: Have you tried planting any of the oversize crops or making jams and preserves?

Ahh thank you! I’m surprised how challenging it is to start with! I’m sure it will get easier but it is very tricky right at the beginning! No jams yet but I have 3 of the oversized crop patches.

She is struggling to keep them bug and weed free though with all her other chores. I’m not sure she has actually made any money yet but we will get there. 😁
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Put it together in pictures. :D 😁

8IxRhHO.png

What are the children up to while the adults are busy? :grey_question:
    b4QoSno.png

Find out here:
    zqghLzy.png

EsKKclj.png

4IB9uQc.png

uQX8Qna.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,566 Member
    Nothing so far. Didn't get a chance to even play yesterday and today is looking bleak. I'm uncertain if it was the Patch, or the new EP, or the Windows update, but something in my gaming rig went kablooey, and now the hard drive isn't receiving. Hubby looked at it briefly this morning, but he had to get ready for work. So, it may be a little while before I can play, next. Yes, I do have this laptop, but I haven't played the Sims on it for close to a year, now, and I can't afford to have this device do what my gaming rig did. :open_mouth: I may be able to reconstruct the chapter I had in the works yesterday, before Windows crashed and my computer was unable to reboot from there. Sadness. I still have yet to get through my emails. Ugh.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    A wedding where everything went wrong.
    b1cd92f4d7756346eb55c22a61491db8237d57ce.jpg
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Little Olivia put her toe in her mouth.

WhagFSu.png
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    @Destro_Night You left the game running while you walked away from your computer. :open_mouth: Use the pause button, next time, save yourself some grief. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    @GrimlyFiendish You captured some very nice pictures of both events. I love that pack, although I've yet to hold one single wedding that went off as planned … I didn't write about everything that happened in my latest wedding, but I will share that somebody stole, or ate, the entire four-tiered wedding cake while the wedding was ongoing. Happily, since I had this do-over in my original save to get it up to speed, as it were, I had the groom purchase two such cakes. Again, the first one placed was nowhere. Happily, nobody took the second one from the table. Phew.

Yeah no weddings I've had so far have entirely worked. Engagement party worked pretty good, but the actual wedding - nobody turned up in the outfit style they were supposed to (I ended up installing a mail box on the wedding site and just cheating for formal wear with MCCC), neither the flower pal, sim of honor or ring bearer did their job, the walk down the aisle glitched, and the officiant also didn't do their job (ended up just having them exchange vows without an officiant).

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    @Kiwicantdie that is so cute. I can't believe how spot on they got the infant animations. I watch my 8 mos old granddaughter and all of these infant shenanigans are so authentic.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Some playtime before the flea market
    20-3-2023-19-27-46.png
    Having some yummy pho at the flea market
    20-3-2023-19-31-41.png
    Meanwhile the toddler runs around and gets lost
    20-3-2023-19-34-10.png
    Dada is playing basketball
    20-3-2023-19-35-30.png
    Mum finally finds the toddler and wants to comfort her but stubborn toddler declines
    20-3-2023-19-37-27.png
    Then at home infant gets a nice pink knitted bear to play with <3
    20-3-2023-20-03-26.png
    And Doris the cat gets a treatment shot. She was also spayed
    20-3-2023-20-19-21.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited March 2023
    Nothing much. Practiced parenting infants on my test babies. I didn't know that they can play with dollhouses. Infants in Sims 4 remind me of toddlers in Sims 3.
  • Options
    My girls graduated! Hannah with a distinguished in Biology from Foxbury Institute and Isabel with a distinguished degree in History from Britechester. Both graduated with honors.

xpbMsW8.png

N3BMb7w.png

Hannah and Isabel are two of my original triplet sisters. Juliette, who most recently quit the fame spotlight, is the third.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1005742/my-super-sim-family-challenge#latest
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    @DoloresGrey Beautiful screenshots. What a cute family. <3

Jillian's smile...
    q8XoAMo.png
  • Options
    Celebratory graduation dinner with the family.

GKxsD3M.png

Not sure why Grandma Essie and Grandma Mary showed up in their swimwear. :o
  • Options
    I told the game, nope, I do not want my Sim to be clumsy so it said, fine, you have a strict parenting style with your child instead. Case (the strict) and Phoenix (the supportive) had their second child together. A baby girl. I would say adorable but we all know that sim newborns are not adorable. They don't become adorable until they become infants.

The game wanted me to make Erik jealous. I also said no.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    More country living. Chloe went to the chicken fair which was fun, but no one liked her egg. Fox stole her egg. Father winter came to talk about eggs. Aside from eggs her house got dirty so she bought a hoover, and she met a new sim she has amazing compatibility with at the rec centre.
    8686-D450-3-B1-E-495-A-9644-079-CACB2-A650.jpg368-B20-FF-E0-E2-4-B04-B5-C1-36-AF1-CED6-ACE.jpg0-A84693-B-13-CF-4-F98-8-C41-B205-D2899418.jpgC2574138-51-AE-49-FF-806-D-9-BF5-FE4-E9-F2-E.jpgD39-C2-F28-BFBC-47-E2-A86-D-69-ED042-A6975.jpg
    She also had some Disney Princess moments with a fox, with a song and the birds. That’s such a nice feature.

2-E46-E4-EF-F423-4054-AD66-890961-DB6067.jpgB5-A7-EEAC-D29-A-4338-A42-A-7-BE8-FADDA677.jpg
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    New infant, Lucina! The Callahan family loves her already.
    Mother: Stella
    Twins: Lucas and Luella
    Dorian was out in the yard feeding the animals at the time.

03-21-23-8-23-53-PM.png
    03-22-23-8-10-47-PM.png
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    It was Colette's b-day!
    23-3-2023-11-15-37.png
    She had her first cake23-3-2023-11-40-48.png
    Strawberry probably wasn't it
    23-3-2023-11-41-45.png