Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they will ever update Neighbourhood stories?

JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
I like the introduction of it, the fact that sims can have kids on their own now.

So in saves where I play one family there will still be kids born and pregnant sims around town BUT, sims die out because the ones who aren't married at the start of the save won't have kids (I turn off adopt because I want genetics) and the kids themselves all die together later on since they never get married and have kids on their own.

I sometimes add sims together and cheat to have them be married just so there will be offspring and not everyone will just die and get replaced but it is tedious and I'm pretty sure when they released the update for Neighbourhood Stories they said they will update (maybe even release more than one update?) but nothing yet.

So do you think they will update Neighbourhood stories at some point?

What would you like to see if such a thing happen?

I'd like to see sims get partners and have kids so I don't have to do it for them. Even better if they didn't have to be married to have kids but I can deal it that is the requirement so it doesn't get too crazy. I mean I have tried mods in the past and jesus! Everyone has babies with everyone and the settings are so complicated. I much rather prefer Sims 4 version, I just wish the added some more to it.
Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,585 Member
    I think eventually we will. I think infants got some priority over NS pt2 due to the pack being so heavily tied to infants.

But yeah, infants was a huge update along with the other stuff they did so that's probably why we haven't gotten a follow up to NS yet.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I personally think what we have is all we'll get.

They are notorious for adding features and saying they will expand them at a later date, to just forget about them.

I think they implement things just to appease the mob and say they will revisit it later, to again, appease the mob, but this way they've added what people asked for (maybe not in a way that people were wanting/expecting) but they added it.

People asked for Story Progression, they gave it to us in Neighborhood Stories ...... request fulfilled in their eyes.
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    I think Neighborhood Stories should have an option for owners of Get Together, to have club leaders autonomously invite new members. And for Sims who aren’t in clubs to autonomously join them.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Cybersbe wrote: »
    I think Neighborhood Stories should have an option for owners of Get Together, to have club leaders autonomously invite new members. And for Sims who aren’t in clubs to autonomously join them.

There is an option in the club panel for new members to be invite only. If you click that the club membership remains unchanged, otherwise new sims will join until the club is full. I used that option combined with skill level to find a climbing partner for my sim.
    edited March 2023
    crocobaura wrote: »

There is an option in the club panel for new members to be invite only. If you click that the club membership remains unchanged, otherwise new sims will join until the club is full. I used that option combined with skill level to find a climbing partner for my sim.

Huh?

As far as I can tell, NPC Sims NEVER join clubs or invite other NPC Sims automatically, regardless of settings. It only affects player Sims’ ability to join. (Invite only=approval needed. Open=ask to join and bam.)

Huh?

As far as I can tell, NPC Sims NEVER join clubs or invite other NPC Sims automatically, regardless of settings. It only affects player Sims’ ability to join. (Invite only=approval needed. Open=ask to join and bam.)

They do join if they meet the club requirements.
    edited March 2023

Huh?

They do join if they meet the club requirements.

Maybe I just haven’t played in a while and there’s an update I’m unaware of, but I have NEVER seen NPC club rosters change on their own unless I use mods.

In fact, clubs dying out due to it’s members succumbing to old age is kind of a problem.
    Maybe you have autonomy off or the club requirements are too restrictive? I've had NPC sims apply to become club members and my sim was offered club membership.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Clubs only seem to be "live" when there is a playable character in them - the rest just die. Or so it seems, without mods.
    edited March 2023
    Maybe you have autonomy off or the club requirements are too restrictive? I've had NPC sims apply to become club members and my sim was offered club membership.

Sounds like you’re misunderstanding what I’m talking about. Because in these scenarios you’re describing, it’s still you the player who ultimately controls who does and doesn’t join the club. You have to either be playing as a club member and get asked “hey, can I join?”, or as a non-member who gets an invite.

As it stands, club membership ALWAYS involves a player character in some way.

What I want is for it to be possible for an NPC to invite another NPC, or for an NPC to send their application to another NPC.

Autonomy is turned on. And the clubs dying out are Get Together’s default clubs, which generally have only minimal requirements, if they have any at all.

And specifically, I’m talking about clubs that my player Sims are not members of.

Sounds like you’re misunderstanding what I’m talking about. Because in these scenarios you’re describing, it’s still you the player who ultimately controls who does and doesn’t join the club. You have to either be playing as a club member and get asked “hey, can I join?”, or as a non-member who gets an invite.

What I want is for it to be possible for an NPC to invite another NPC, or for an NPC to send their application to another NPC.

Autonomy is turned on. And the clubs dying out are Get Together’s default clubs, which generally have only minimal requirements, if they have any at all.

And specifically, I’m talking about clubs that my player Sims are not members of.

Well, maybe I misunderstood what you're asking for, but if you don't play those sims, why do you need them to be in a club? I still have all the original clubs as I play with aging off and no story progression enabled and some my sims can't join as they are either full or invite only. Also, how do you setup a club without playing the club leader at least briefly?
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

Well, maybe I misunderstood what you're asking for, but if you don't play those sims, why do you need them to be in a club? I still have all the original clubs as I play with aging off and no story progression enabled and some my sims can't join as they are either full or invite only. Also, how do you setup a club without playing the club leader at least briefly?

If you're playing with aging off, then it's not a problem, yes. However, with aging on clubs will eventually die out with their members and replaced by random ones.

I use MCCC to fix it, but not everyone can or wants to use mods.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited March 2023
    A NEIGHBOURHOOD STORIES update would be great I am a big story teller in my so it would be cool to have thing's like say a town news's paper or if we get car's back they could bring back ICE CREAM TRUCK from sim's 3 just little thing's to make the world's fell like a comutedy like I would love to see a game pack all about making you own NEIGHBOURHOOD
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    edited March 2023
    i wish they would. it needs some tuning and i agree that npc sims should be able to get married on their own. and i know we have the phone call pop-ups of npcs asking if they should get to know random other townies, but i would love a "make friends" option in the neighborhood stories panel. that way npcs would automatically seek out relationships on their own beyond just some of the ones your sim knows calling to ask. edit: conversely i would love a "break up" mechanic so some poorly matched pairings would part ways (amicably or not) on their own and find new partners (or not).
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Really cool ideas!

I really like the one about NCP clubs from GT. I also really dislike how every club ends up with elders until they are all dead when playing with aging on so incorporating that into the neighbourhood stories would be cool.

I wonder if they will only focus on base game elements of the game for NS though, I hope not but it seems to be a little of a trend.

But I have not given up on hoping that unplayed sims to be able to move in together on their own, getting boyfriends/ girlfriends, getting engaged and getting married will eventually be added. Heres to hoping!
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I think the HOT update will be focused around romance and neighboorhood love stories.