Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which of these venues/premium content do you use most?

jojie4jojie4 Posts: 66 Member
So I have enough simpoints for one of these venues:. La Cinema Plumbob, Prism Art Studio, or the Bakery lot? I have all the others I want, and these three are the remaining. I have the movie screen already, and definitely plan to get the barrier to entry either way, so the amounts end up pretty close. I would have to get the compilation for the cinema, which I own Romanza, so I am not in desperate need of live, laugh, love, and as not being much of a builder, doesn't offer tons of value by itself.

Do you really love sending Sims to the theater? And I could probably work out something that doesn't look as good myself with the premium contents.

I have heard the bakery can be hard to run because it won't restock itself if you don't want to run it and you have to go into build and buy, but is it really that bad? I feel like I may occasionally have a baker sim, but it would be time consuming and I am not sure about long-term gameplay. Being able to have a different birthday or wedding cake baked would be awesome, though.

The art studio I look back and forth at. It would be cool for an artist-type, and can earn some money as an artist with it, as well.

I need some opinions. Thank you!

Oh, and a side question. I was also thinking about the world's bundle, but can only get it on the ea app now. Will it still download to the launcher correctly? I play through steam.
Post edited by jojie4 on

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    I would check out the DD thread to help you with your purchases as it has some helpful links to other threads

The Daily Deals thread has links that will help you with deciding on when and how to buy certain sets.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14402866/#Comment_14402866

If you use mods and if you should get the bakery, NRaas as a mod over there called Cupcake that will restock the bakery shelves and do the baking.

Here is the FAQ for the Cupcake mod.
    https://www.nraas.net/community/Cupcake-FAQ

Hope this helps... :)
  • jojie4jojie4 Posts: 66 Member
    edited March 2023
    Thank you @lisasc360 . I am looking at daily deal prices, used to stalk more. I just found out I never registered my base game and got points from that, so I am just looking at ones I didn't go for before. The bakery comes up tomorrow, and the art studio a few days later. The cinema would take quite a bit more deal stalking. I don't use mods, although I suppose I could consider it.
  • LauraBowLauraBow Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2023
    jojie4 wrote: »
    So I have enough simpoints for one of these venues:. La Cinema Plumbob, Prism Art Studio, or the Bakery lot? I have all the others I want, and these three are the remaining. I have the movie screen already, and definitely plan to get the barrier to entry either way, so the amounts end up pretty close. I would have to get the compilation for the cinema, which I own Romanza, so I am not in desperate need of live, laugh, love, and as not being much of a builder, doesn't offer tons of value by itself.

Do you really love sending Sims to the theater? And I could probably work out something that doesn't look as good myself with the premium contents.

I have heard the bakery can be hard to run because it won't restock itself if you don't want to run it and you have to go into build and buy, but is it really that bad? I feel like I may occasionally have a baker sim, but it would be time consuming and I am not sure about long-term gameplay. Being able to have a different birthday or wedding cake baked would be awesome, though.

The art studio I look back and forth at. It would be cool for an artist-type, and can earn some money as an artist with it, as well.

I need some opinions. Thank you!
    @jojie4
    - I've used the theater for dates and thought it was a nice venue. Very fancy.
    - Haven't tried the bakery yet - waiting for my sim in the Culinary career to reach the top and then they'll quit to run their own place. LOL
    - For the Prism art studio, I noticed my sim's levelled up really quickly in the new Artisan skill, so that's nice to see, and this one includes some nice CAS jewelry items. Lots of things your sim can make with it, too. I was seeing the CAS items even though my sim hadn't made them, either, so it's like I was already getting a benefit from it. I'd probably go with this one just for that, but like anything, it depends on your personal playing style, too.
    jojie4 wrote: »
    Oh, and a side question. I was also thinking about the world's bundle, but can only get it on the ea app now. Will it still download to the launcher correctly? I play through steam.
    Previously, with Origin, you'd buy the world through Origin and get a code to enter in the Store, which would then activate the Download button, and you'd download/install like any other Store content. It looks like the EA App functions the same. :smile:
    *Susan*
    Successfully own the store as of December 15, 2023. B)
    My Page - for SimPort/Friends; username is AgtScully1121
    Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
  • jojie4jojie4 Posts: 66 Member
    Thanks @laurabow . I will definitely get the world bundle then. Maybe I should skip the barrier to entry and get the other two. I have just enough for those. Barrier to entry seems like it would be really good for the boardwalk and world of wonder lots/builds with those, but maybe the baking ability and art studio are better.