Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kids can't eat at recreation center

I have tried every station and nothing. The only thing they can get food from is the vending machines. Is this a glitch or done on purpose?

Comments

• Ideal_DevotionIdeal_Devotion Posts: 2 New Member
    lilmsims created this lot. I wonder if she would have any info
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    What stations do you have there?
  • itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    Where even is the Rec centre? Is it a lot you have to place yourself?
  • katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    I have tried every station and nothing. The only thing they can get food from is the vending machines. Is this a glitch or done on purpose?

Did you try using the kitchen? I played on the lot briefly but forgot to test out the kitchen area.
    Where even is the Rec centre? Is it a lot you have to place yourself?

It's a lot in the new world
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

When my sim visited the recreation center for some time, some other sim cooked a lot of dishes on the grill. If that is intended behaviour, then I don't think anyone can starve on that lot. There aren't any vending machines on this lot and none were shipped with the EP, so maybe that's a different lot you're having issues with.
  • Rasia SilverRasia Silver Posts: 101 Member
    I tried the cafeteria station from the high school pack. I thought maybe the kids could use it. I all so tried the one that came with university. Neither worked :(. I gave in and built a kitchen. I'm going to test it today. I'll report back later.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I tried the cafeteria station from the high school pack. I thought maybe the kids could use it. I all so tried the one that came with university. Neither worked :(. I gave in and built a kitchen. I'm going to test it today. I'll report back later.

I’m not sure anything that needs a staff member will work. A normal kitchen should work though or a grill or something.

I should have mentioned in my first post that I built my own rec center. LOL my bad sorry about that :P. Any way I put in a kitchen and my sim kids were able to eat. Thank you all for the advice. It is a shame though that we couldn't use the cafeteria stations. Oh well maybe they'll fix it in a patch someday.
    I know, it's annoying. If children could even buy something from the boba tea counter, it would be great. But no, only vending machines and food stalls, and when using vending machines, hope that the item doesn't get stuck there.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I will put some vending machines there. How did they miss this?
  • wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member

Is there a vending machine in base game or in the pack? I think they are limited to objects in the new EP and BG for the builds.
    ldauop39735.png
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member

OP said they're using their own custom recreation center. It's not the one installed with the pack.

Is there a vending machine in base game or in the pack? I think they are limited to objects in the new EP and BG for the builds.

Nope. There are 7 (2 for food) in Snowy Escape and 1 in High School Years. None in the base game...
    I used the ones from Snowy Escape.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    If you want free food you could put on the lot some of the cake display shelves from Get to Work. Food lasts longer in them and you can fill them up with whatever dishes sims cook while on the lot. Not sure that children can actually use them though. There's also a fridge that sells sandwiches and juice that came with that EP, I think children might be able to use that.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    If you want free food you could put on the lot some of the cake display shelves from Get to Work. Food lasts longer in them and you can fill them up with whatever dishes sims cook while on the lot. Not sure that children can actually use them though. There's also a fridge that sells sandwiches and juice that came with that EP, I think children might be able to use that.

Children and toddlers can use the display shelves from Get to Work. They make a good alternative for feeding toddlers if you have a large family.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Nope. There are 7 (2 for food) in Snowy Escape and 1 in High School Years. None in the base game...

There's also the vending fridge that came with GTW. That one seems to charge via an honour system, though.