Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of social compatibility?

For those who have the pack, what do you think of the social compatibility system so far?

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I honestly haven't done too much with it, but it has popped up a few times. Mostly just the little puzzle pieces. And you can still make friends with someone even if you have bad compatibility, which I like, it just isn't as fast as neutral or good. But I haven't set any of my likes/dislikes either, as I want to see what gameplay does. :)
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    I haven’t explored it nearly enough but I really like the idea of it and can’t wait to see how it works in practice. I like filling out the likes and dislikes for the sim, helps with imagination if nothing else.

My country sim met the mother from the cottage living trailer and they have the perfect compatibility. This would probably make a lot of sense given my sims likes. It was really nice to see and this will influence my sims friendships a lot I think.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    As I saw at strams, Turbo Driver should concentrate at 🐸🐸🐸🐸, as the other mod now is not needed
  • sarahthomas123sarahthomas123 Posts: 7 New Member
    It adds a new level of depth and realism to the game's social interactions, allowing players to create more realistic and dynamic relationships between their Sims.
  • naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    it's cool but i wish it was a lot more dynamic. i also wish it was something we could set in cas. i don't like that my distant sims have amazing compatibility, because it makes them more likely to want to talk to each other & interact in a friendly manner, defeating the purpose of making them distant in the first place.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I 've playing mostly with social compatibility the past few days. It works flawlesly but as the Gurus said during the livestream if you want to fully experience it you have to give your sim multiple likes and dislikes. It really adds more depth and makes every relationship feel unique.
    It also makes previous packs more fun. Ex. My scientist sim has different compatibility with each of his co-workers. When asking a co-worker he dislikes a crystal or metal, he would always refuse.
  • miniwomenminiwomen Posts: 2 New Member
    > @mightysprite said:
    > For those who have the pack, what do you think of the social compatibility system so far?

I am actually enjoying this more as I play more. My sim couples have not been this compatible ,without mods, since the sims 3.
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited March 2023
    I am a little worried that some traits aren't included in this system due to someone checking s4s studio...
    Augusto wrote: »
    I didn't find Sim Characteristics for these traits :
    • High Maintenance (Spa Day)
    • Unflirty (City Living)
    • Foodie
    • Maker (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Adventurous (Snowy Escape)
    • Child of the Islands (Island Living)
    • Child of the Ocean (Island Living)
    • Dance Machine (Get Together)
    • Erratic
    • Freegan (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Glutton
    • Green Fiend (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Lactose Intolerant (Cottage Living)
    • Overachiever (High School Years)
    • Recycle Disciple (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Squeamish (Outdoor Retreat)
    • Insider (Get Together)
    • Loyal
    • Paranoid (StrangerVille)
    • Party Animal (High School Years)
    • Proper (Snowy Escape)
    • Self-Absorbed (Get Famous)
    • Socially Awkward (High School Years)

I don't know what to think about the balance of the Sim Characteristics :
    • Active : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Cheerful : 2 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Creative : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Genius : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Gloomy : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Goofball : 2 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Hot-Headed : 2 Positive
    • Romantic : 1 Positive
    • Self-Assured : 1 Negative
    • Art Lover : 1 Positive
    • Bookworm : 2 Positive
    • Geek : 1 Positive
    • Music Lover : 1 Positive
    • Perfectionist : 1 Positive
    • Ambitious : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Animal Enthusiast : 1 Positive
    • Cat Lover : 1 Positive
    • Childish : 1 Positive
    • Clumsy : 1 Positive
    • Dog Lover : 1 Positive
    • Kleptomaniac : 1 Positive
    • Lazy : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Loves Outdoors : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Materialistic : 1 Positive
    • Neat : 1 Positive
    • Slob : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Snob : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Vegetarian : 1 Positive
    • Bro : 1 Positive
    • Evil : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Family-oriented : 1 Positive
    • Good : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Hates Children : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Jealous : 2 Positive
    • Loner : 1 Positive
    • Mean : 2 Positive
    • Noncommittal : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Outgoing : 1 Positive

For example :
    Hot-headed + Bookworm + Jealous combo could collect up to 6 points.

I looked in Sims 4 Studio... Maker, Foodie, Erratic, Glutton, Lactose Intolerant, Squeamish and Loyal doesn't count for in any Sim Characteristics... Their others Traits are at least in one... Lifestyles, Aspiration Traits are include but not all them
    I hate the unfinished system which has a great possibility of not updating any more, like the furniture style tag and eco-footprint, which are missing in most of bb object :s
    I hate the unfinished system which has a great possibility of not updating any more, like the furniture style tag and eco-footprint, which are missing in most of bb object :s

They added quite a few furniture styles I thought, but they are based on kits. There is cute for pastel pop and luxe for desert luxe, and I think some others.

I do hope they keep updating the social compatibility. It does seem like a very good system. I think loyal and erratic trait really should be included, but I can see why lactose intolerant and squeamish might not be.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I realized that the best way to approach adding preferences is to make sure you don't fill up every single like/dislike and leave some neutral. This way you will have more variety of compatibilities between all the Sims! Just view it as adding a preference if they REALLY dislike something or REALLY like something and you will get less "Amazing Compatibilities" that will take the fun out of the feature because it makes too many same results of compatibility.
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I realized that the best way to approach adding preferences is to make sure you don't fill up every single like/dislike and leave some neutral. This way you will have more variety of compatibilities between all the Sims! Just view it as adding a preference if they REALLY dislike something or REALLY like something and you will get less "Amazing Compatibilities" that will take the fun out of the feature because it makes too many same results of compatibility.

Oh that’s interesting. Would you suggest selecting more than just one or two but not all of them then? I just liked half and dislike other half.

What is everyone else doing? I think it would be cool to meet sims with amazing compatibility but they should be fairly rare. Do neutral ratings not count to the system at all?
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »

Oh that’s interesting. Would you suggest selecting more than just one or two but not all of them then? I just liked half and dislike other half.

What is everyone else doing? I think it would be cool to meet sims with amazing compatibility but they should be fairly rare. Do neutral ratings not count to the system at all?

My strategy with the likes and dislikes has been very scarce overall, for example I allow only one musical like (that way they don't get music related wishes all the time). For sim characteritics and conversation likes I usually choose 2-3 likes and same amount of dislikes. I have thought of selecting a few more though and for some sims I have. Just need to play around and see what works.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,848 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm really appreciating the insight everyone, thanks :)

I'm not buying the pack yet because there are enough bugs in the new gameplay to make me want to wait for at least the first round of bug fixes to happen. But social compatibility is the feature I'm most interested in, and it sounds like it isn't too buggy, nor super intrusive like some other newer gameplay features, and people with different playstyles can find different ways to play with it that are fun.

I like the ideas about choosing a few likes/dislikes at first and then setting the rest as you go through gameplay. I play mostly born-in-game sims, and I like a mix of planning and surprises, so I think that's the direction I'd go too.

I think I remember the gurus saying in the stream that not every trait is included and that's on purpose. That doesn't bother me. I don't think I'd ever have a sim who would either like or dislike to talk to someone based on their lactose intolerance :)
    I definitely think it’s right to only choose a few likes and dislikes for the music, furniture, color etc.

Just not sure on the social features. I think like people say it might just be a case of playing around. I think just a few won’t be enough but doing every one might be too many.
  • Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    I do like the system and I agree that you want to be light-handed with assigning the likes/dislikes because otherwise your sim will most likely have “amazing” compatibility with a ton of people. Currently dealing with that now.

In another save, I made a household of 8 unrelated sims with wildly different personalities. I then let them loose in a small house with limited objects so they’d be more inclined to talk to each other.

It was interesting to kind of see how all the little “cliques” started forming. Sims with low compatibility would kind of avoid interacting altogether. The sims with higher compatibility would try to socialize more often and were even building friendships, though some of it was hampered by them not liking certain conversation topics.

Of course even with “good” compatibility, if the sim was Mean for example, they were just as likely to be rude to people anyway, but it kind of softened the blow a bit.
    edited March 2023
    Just a bit more information. I reduced my sim to 5 characteristics she likes and 5 she dislikes. Then I gave all the NPCs in Henford 3 likes and dislikes each.

I went to a community lot and she mostly has good compatibility with other sims. There were 3 amazing compatibility and 2 bad compability. Good won by some margin but this might be because it’s Henford and most of them like animals/the outdoors/family/hard work etc. My sim is also a teen so I guess a third trait will make even more diversity.

There was one sim which I thought my sim wouldn’t get on with but they have amazing compatibility and the game gave Maira Watson the dislike outdoors sim one so she doesn’t get along with anyone which seems odd but generally it went the way I expected.

I think it needs some playing about a bit to make it work how you want. I still don’t know what is the best settings for it really. But it’s a game changing system, interesting one!
    Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,848 Member
    That's helpful @JustinB113 thank you !
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Just a bit more information. I reduced my sim to 5 characteristics she likes and 5 she dislikes. Then I gave all the NPCs in Henford 3 likes and dislikes each.

I went to a community lot and she mostly has good compatibility with other sims. There were 3 amazing compatibility and 2 bad compability. Good won by some margin but this might be because it’s Henford and most of them like animals/the outdoors/family/hard work etc. My sim is also a teen so I guess a third trait will make even more diversity.

There was one sim which I thought my sim wouldn’t get on with but they have amazing compatibility and the game gave Maira Watson the dislike outdoors sim one so she doesn’t get along with anyone which seems odd but generally it went the way I expected.

I think it needs some playing about a bit to make it work how you want. I still don’t know what is the best settings for it really. But it’s a game changing system, interesting one!

I think having good compatibility with most sims might be caused by the fact that it's easier to gain + than - in the system. The game is biased towards positive compatibilities. So if you want your sim to be sort of difficult to get along with, you really need to put emphasis on the dislikes. This is definitely how I'm gonna play some of my sims.