Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make a sim lose weight without gaining musculature?

So, although I try to stop them from eating more, once their hunger bar is full...I still have sims gaining weight I don't want them to gain. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to get them to lose the weight, without gaining musculature? I was thinking the treadmill maybe?

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    If I want my sims to loose weight, I give them the diet ice-cream. They instantly loose weight without gaining muscle. It does require the cool kitchen stuff pack.
  • Velvet_LiliesVelvet_Lilies Posts: 56 Member
    The treadmill works in my experience, so does regular jogging outside if your sims can't afford one or it doesn't fit into the house!
    na3uewksu9ny.png
    My Tumblr • • • My first story: "The New Kid" ←
    • • • • •
  • Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    Thank you for your reply, @Atreya33 ! I don't have the kitchen stuff pack however. It IS on sale currently though, I believe. But I'm probably not going to buy it, it's not a MUST HAVE for me. You know? Thank you for the advice however, and I didn't even know there was "diet ice cream" in the world of the Sims, that acts like that, LOL! I wish WE had ice cream that could do that!

Does anyone else have any suggestions of what I could try?
  • LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    edited March 2023
    Treadmill definitely works. Even without the kitchen pack, eating certain foods and avoiding others is also helpful... if I remember other threads correctly, it is not always intuitive about which foods are "healthy" and which are not. I think there's a base-game salad that is good.
    Treadmill it is then, thank you @Velvet_Lilies !
    Aha! Thank you for that tip about eating some foods and avoiding others, @Larrikateven !
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Iirc they’re also a potion in the reward store, I haven’t checked it in a long time though. Pretty sure it exist, insta lean I think it was called
    Oh wow! I had totally forgotten about that rewards store potion, as well! Thank you for the reminder, @SelinaKyles !
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Thank you for your reply, @Atreya33 ! I don't have the kitchen stuff pack however. It IS on sale currently though, I believe. But I'm probably not going to buy it, it's not a MUST HAVE for me. You know? Thank you for the advice however, and I didn't even know there was "diet ice cream" in the world of the Sims, that acts like that, LOL! I wish WE had ice cream that could do that!

I like the stuff pack but I don't think it is worth getting it only for the diet ice cream. I also wish we had that kind of diet ice cream in the real world. Hopefully someone else can give another option.
  • LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    @Serendipity38 This might be way more complicated than what you're looking for, but it's from Carl's Guide, and that's always been a good resource for nitty-gritty no-way-I'd-figure-it-out-on-my-own stuff.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/calories.php
    Oh awesome, thank you for the link, @Larrikateven !
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I tend to use the Plumbo Workout Dance Video for my sims that can't afford fancy equipment or time to go to the gym if you happen to have. Dance one is good for just weight loss with the power sculpting for muscles.

As mentioned above lot of foods can contribute to a sim gaining weight quickly. Grand meals indefinitely make them gain lots of weight and sometimes you gotta watch out if you have sims in other hosueholds you aren't playing and they're going to food stalls constantly. Noticed this in city living few years back and had sims gain A LOT of weight. Not sure if it's been fixed as I haven't played in the main area in so long.
    5vJrxmT.png
    Does the Plumbo Workout Dance Video come from that exercise stuff pack and/or kit? I don't have that, @LadyKyn . But thank you for suggesting such AND for the advice on grand meals and the food stalls!
    Yes, @Velvet_Lilies mentioned jogging as well, thank you @WildIrishBanshee !
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Does the Plumbo Workout Dance Video come from that exercise stuff pack and/or kit? I don't have that, @LadyKyn . But thank you for suggesting such AND for the advice on grand meals and the food stalls!

Ooops sorry forgot to mention that. Yes it comes from the Fitness stuff pack.

My sim use to eat so much left overs from grand meals after holidays she really packed on the pounds. :D
    5vJrxmT.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member

Also swimming and the water slide. CAS if you are willing to impose from outside the game.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Does anyone have any suggestions of how to get them to lose the weight, without gaining musculature?

Exercise will gain musculature. Treadmill, swim, jog, etc...

Simplest way, and completely base-game is this:
    ltpaIxw.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

Heh heh! Just tested it. Not saving.
    She already is fairly muscular. About 85%ish I think?

Other than cas.fulleditmode activated in CAS, I don't know how to in-game de-muscularize a Sim. lol!

SjLIrjD.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yoga, from the Spa Day pack is my go-to for Sim weight loss. Just keep having them do it every day and they will lose the weight and don't seem to bulk up as much as with exercise.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    Yoga, from the Spa Day pack is my go-to for Sim weight loss. Just keep having them do it every day and they will lose the weight and don't seem to bulk up as much as with exercise.

This, 100%.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Treadmill, yoga, or diet ice cream are my go to for weight loss.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    i'm all about yoga (spa day) and going on hikes/walks (snowy escape/growing together). i also make them eat more healthy foods. i had no idea about the diet ice cream or workout channel because i don't have the fitness stuff pack. now i want it :lol:
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @Serendipity38 I've noticed that the yoga/treadmill combination keeps Sims lean without making them too ripped. One of the "supporting actor" Sims I regularly cast in various saves is at the gym every single time I send a Sim there. She almost never lifts weights; she runs on the treadmill and spends hours taking one yoga class after another. I'll see her jogging through Newcrest, too. She is slender and toned, but she doesn't look like the gym trainers.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    get some insta lean from aspiration rewards

they surely should not have even one muscle left :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free