Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infants! Share Your Gameplay and Discoveries

Comments

• IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member

They can sleep in sim's arms <3

Vuzn4Ll.png
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    blaq797 wrote: »
    So, mods are working fine for me, mostly just eyes after all...

I discovered that the target sim for the science baby interaction has to be on the lot for that specific interact to work. One needs their permission I guess otherwise its science baby from self... And sadly, at least not w/o grotog, science ones do not seem to give random multiples currently.

I also noticed that they added little icons to the tops of skillbars, nice touch.

@blaq797 actually the first time I did science babies I got twin boys! I think the only potential glitch I've noticed with the science babies is that out of the three times I've done it I ended up with four boys.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    edited March 2023
    This is Dragon Young, a science baby my sim Mai Young (non-vampire) had with Vlad. And yes, Dragon *will* grow up to be a fine vampire :).

"03-17-23-9-04-26-PM.png"
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited March 2023
    This one struck me as extremely odd. I'm not sure why Diego found it necessary to bring Lilith with him into the bathroom!

a384d878c6d0b9d4b9e8cb588334e1a9aa52f885.pnj

I'm disappointed that unnatural hair colours still can't be applied to all ages. I guess I'll give the twins Aalis' lilac hair once they are old enough.

Diego is hanging out in the kitchen with Lucifer and Asherah.

e62770e3568e1890de215973561e31e4068189d5.jpg

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    This one struck me as extremely odd. I'm not sure why Diego found it necessary to bring Lilith with him into the bathroom!

Sims do the same with cats. :lol:
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Mine never have.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Mine never have.

This is a very old picture. If they can't put it in their inventory, sims will continue to carry stuff when they use the toilet.

SPsITmY.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member

a384d878c6d0b9d4b9e8cb588334e1a9aa52f885.pnj

I'm disappointed that unnatural hair colours still can't be applied to all ages. I guess I'll give the twins Aalis' lilac hair once they are old enough

Diego is hanging out in the kitchen with Lucifer and Asherah.

e62770e3568e1890de215973561e31e4068189d5.jpg

I would also love the unnatural hair colours to be available for all ages. It just makes sense in combination with the unnatural skin colours.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    I went to find a new gig for Jayce for his interior decorator career and i noticed "In Law Unit Addition" listed as a gig. Did this come with Growing Together? I never noticed it before.

XeM4nLZ.png
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    So far, this Infant Update has been beyond adorable. I have myself as a Young Adult Simself and a Sunny infant son, Jordan. He loves Rice Porridge and the sensory toys. Since I couldn't wait for the pack, he already knows how to crawl, sit up, use the high chair (obviously), and eat infant foods. He took one nap while I was playing. I am going to wait until tomorrow since I know now that I will be able to play the pack uninterrupted for the next 2 weeks to explore everything combined with the 2 patches. I will be back to update this thread.

Ok I am back with a Quirks discovery. I had to re-create my save file as I accidentally overwrote that save. I now have an adorable Self-Soothing Frequent Sneezer Infant lol My infant Jordan has been sneezing every time she is awake. She has learned to smile and reach/hold small objects. This is just like raising a baby in real life. I can't wait for her to be able to roll over, sit up and enjoy Infant Foods.
    Is this part of Growing Together? He is my sim self's cousin, Daisy is my sim self's alien grand daughter. My cousin wants to move in with Daisy.
    I mean, he's welcome to after all they could use all the help they can get with triplet infants!

GiYkQXg.png
    It seems the baby foods that my infants had liked and disliked have reset back to 'never tried' when i loaded up the game half an hour ago. Has this happened for anyone else?
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    edited March 2023
    Brd709 wrote: »
    It seems the baby foods that my infants had liked and disliked have reset back to 'never tried' when i loaded up the game half an hour ago. Has this happened for anyone else?

This is a known bug.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Infant-food-exploring-resetting-not-known-to-other/m-p/12383969#M242269

Also re: your post about the in-law addition, I am pretty sure that option was part of the original DHD pack.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Just now my infant learn how to send a kiss... Omg.. sooooo cute
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

Creepy Babies

These twin girl babies aged up from newborn to infant. The result was rather creepy there for a few minutes. :open_mouth:

BEWARE!!! They are FREE of the bassinet! DUN-dun-dun.... :#

TdqNhyd.png
    *In Gullum voice* "Wee eez FREE now precious!"
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    One of my infants said his first word - no idea what it was, but it looked like a stork in the picture. Not sure if they're different or not, guess I'll have to wait til the other one says his first word to find out lol.
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    edited March 2023
    If Auto Age; (Played Sims) is set to "no" is it impossible to age up an infant?

Does Lifespan; (Long) apply to infants?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    edited March 2023

When aging is off, sims will not age up automatically. But if you play the family with the infant, you can bake a birthday cake to age up the infant at any moment you want. Just add birthday candles and have an adult help with blowing out the candles.

All ages last longer on long lifespan. You can find the days for each lifespan in this article on sims community.
    https://simscommunity.info/2023/03/15/the-sims-4-life-span-update-sim-age/
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited March 2023
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Infants don't need hazmat suit for one specific reason
    (major Strangerville spoilers)
    Ql9mHOs.png
    3MdFVja.png
    w1Nu9Id.png
    I was also hoping we could feed infants motherplant fruits but it seems like thats not an option :<

@Simmingal This reminds me much of my favorite Strangerville adventure, where I brought along my sims' kids. The angles of your screenshots are perfect though :D
    CLNtrMW.png
    0OxmpnB.png
    0yn9V7S.png
    J8blBya.png

Also kids can eat mother plant fruits but aren't affected
    tnpgyJ0.png

Also this bonus image :D
    PipMacx.png
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

When aging is off, sims will not age up automatically. But if you play the family with the infant, you can bake a birthday cake to age up the infant at any moment you want. Just add birthday candles and have an adult help with blowing out the candles.

All ages last longer on long lifespan. You can find the days for each lifespan in this article on sims community.
    https://simscommunity.info/2023/03/15/the-sims-4-life-span-update-sim-age/

We are back to baking birthday cakes again, aren't we? Forced skills are back with a vengeance, because who wants choice anyways?
    Interestingly enough you can buy wedding cakes off of Guildry, for some weird reason... the con being you have to live in a haunted house. x)
    You cannot schedule a birthday party for an infant. Yes, disappointing. Party poopers!
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Infants don't need hazmat suit for one specific reason
    (major Strangerville spoilers)
    Ql9mHOs.png
    3MdFVja.png
    w1Nu9Id.png
    I was also hoping we could feed infants motherplant fruits but it seems like thats not an option :<

@Simmingal This reminds me much of my favorite Strangerville adventure, where I brought along my sims' kids. The angles of your screenshots are perfect though :D
    CLNtrMW.png
    0OxmpnB.png
    0yn9V7S.png
    J8blBya.png

Also kids can eat mother plant fruits but aren't affected
    tnpgyJ0.png

Also this bonus image :D
    PipMacx.png

Brilliant pics! I love Strangerville. I might have to invite kids along next time. I hadn't thought about it before.
  • KraylessaKraylessa Posts: 269 Member

Oh wow! I was hesitant for my current sim couple to have another baby, despite both constantly spawning "Have a child" wants. But since Mom reached Parenting Level 10 by the time the first of their two children reached childhood, maybe it wouldn't be so bad with the third child...
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    The infant's hunger motive is going down while eating finger foods. Is that supposed to happen? Works fine for the other feeding option though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top