Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread on Growing Together

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,948 Member
    the rug thing under infant goes away when they learn to sit up which btw motor milestone stuff is in friendly -> activities took me a moment to realize
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Infants can have different reactions to the radio. One of mine considered it loud noise; the other liked it. I guess I know which one will learn the piano.

i think they stop saying its loud when you put the volume medium or lower i had that when i had volume high and it went away when i put it medium
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Infants can have different reactions to the radio. One of mine considered it loud noise; the other liked it. I guess I know which one will learn the piano.

i think they stop saying its loud when you put the volume medium or lower i had that when i had volume high and it went away when i put it medium

I have the volume on low.

from the stereo? hmm yeah then idk
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited March 2023
    A little look to suitcases.

When you invite a sim to stay over, they'll bring over a suitcase. If they had one before, they won't bring that. After the stay is over, they won't take the suitcase with them when they leave. However, a loading screen will remove it.

Also about sleeping bags: if you ask sims to bring out their sleeping bags during slumber parties, sims won't take out their slumber bags in their inventory.

So, you won't see sims using the suitcases and sleeping bags in their inventory when they're a NPC...
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    I didn't know they could make custom puzzles that is adorable, she made one of her granddaughter rocking in the chair, yes while doing homework.
    1qNklXE.png
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    My sim parents got the most adorable sentiment from having their kids be born: Whole Heart!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    There is a foghorn sound around the theater. It's either coming from 2 of the lighthouses or from the bridge itself.
  • zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    You can dip infant toes in the water at the beach in the new world (not sure if it is only after they can pull to stand and not sure about other worlds). You can also play in the spray park holding an infant, but the infants only get a water moodlet when their toes are dipped in the water on the beach. The only thing I wish is that they had swimwear as a category, as the last family I played with took their infant swimming in tights and shoes.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Had First Blowout milestone. Yes, that is exactly what you think it means. Cracked me up to no end! <3
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited March 2023
    Not sure about teenagers but adult sims can experience burnout. Bob just hit a milestone for it too and I'm morbidly curiously to see what happens if I don't allow him to take a break. :*

This slows down skill gain, work performance and blocks any promotion too. I like how you can't have your sim grind back and forth at their job gonna be a chore for workaholic sims with lifestyles.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    My infant just unlocked another milestone - blow kiss. It was sooooo cute, the little hand, fingers spread, and the little hearts flowing towards mama.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    There is a foghorn sound around the theater. It's either coming from 2 of the lighthouses or from the bridge itself.

I thought that was from the ships in the port.
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    as I've said because I was excited when talking to a baby or toddler that isn't your own the option to adopt them will be in the pie menu.

Yes! I just came here to say this! So excited! Finally my family that took in two orphans from another household can officially adopt them! <3
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    I found another science babies are fair game, that applies to married sims, which is fair to include for everyone I was just surprised ha...okay her ex mother in law whom is an elder was also an option, but no lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    > @Illandrya said:
    > The firsts for infants are adorable! So far I have first bath, peed on caregiver, first diaper blowout, and slept through the night. I was wondering why she kept waking up before her bar was full until I got the slept through the night milestone and it all made sense.
    >
    > Also, once your infant has unlocked rolled over to tummy, not only can they do tummy time on their own, but they roll in their sleep. Such attention to detail!
    >
    > If you are paying attention, there are some little hints that a milestone is coming. When she had her first giggle and first roll onto her tummy, she sparkled. Also, whatever she is doing (tummy time, playing) a note was added to the icon in the queue to say she was reaching a milestone.

How do they learn the milestones? They just pick them up over time? I need the “can sit up on their own” one lol I can’t use any of the high chairs it’s so baffling
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    > @Illandrya said:
    > The firsts for infants are adorable! So far I have first bath, peed on caregiver, first diaper blowout, and slept through the night. I was wondering why she kept waking up before her bar was full until I got the slept through the night milestone and it all made sense.
    >
    > Also, once your infant has unlocked rolled over to tummy, not only can they do tummy time on their own, but they roll in their sleep. Such attention to detail!
    >
    > If you are paying attention, there are some little hints that a milestone is coming. When she had her first giggle and first roll onto her tummy, she sparkled. Also, whatever she is doing (tummy time, playing) a note was added to the icon in the queue to say she was reaching a milestone.

How do they learn the milestones? They just pick them up over time? I need the “can sit up on their own” one lol I can’t use any of the high chairs it’s so baffling

I don't know exactly how it works, but I feel like the milestones come on their own over time. However, parents can help these to come quickly, either talking to them, doing tummy time together, playing with them, or using the infant playmat. Though that's only my guess...
    crocobaura wrote: »

I thought that was from the ships in the port.

I didn't think of that.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    > @Illandrya said:
    >
    >

I don't know exactly how it works, but I feel like the milestones come on their own over time. However, parents can help these to come quickly, either talking to them, doing tummy time together, playing with them, or using the infant playmat. Though that's only my guess...

Yes I did tummy time off and on with my infant and she is now sitting up and starting to pull herself up as well. Also laying in that tent I call it with the things hanging down, if you have them reach for the toys that helps them get milestones too.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

from the stereo? hmm yeah then idk

My wiggly infant loved the music playing from the jukebox at the Salty Paws Saloon and stopped crawling so she could wiggle to it. It was cute. I don't know how loud the music was, but she didn't seem to mind. Maybe not quite the same as the radio playing. I will have to get a radio at home and see what she thinks.