Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does Curseforge take so long to update the mods?

JALJAL Posts: 1,000 Member
MCCC was updated to version 2023.1.0 on February 12. In Curseforge it's still on version 2022.7.0. That's five days and counting.

The same happened with TwistedMexis mods, and when I asked on Discord I got the recommendation to download from the site because CF take so long to update. I have CF simply to avoid having to think of updates myself. What's the point of it if I still have to go around looking for updates on individual pages? With this update it wasn't a major issue, as I have been able to play fine with the older versions, but with larger updates having the wrong version is game breaking. It really shouldn't go a weak before an update.

Interestingly enough, smaller mods like aspirations seems to update much faster.
Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!

Comments

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I haven't uploaded there so I'm not totally certain on this but I understand from modders that each update to a mod has to be approved by Curseforge first, even when the mod's already uploaded. And I *think* that nothing/very little happens on Friday/Saturday?
    Don't hold me to that but I'm reasonably certain I saw something like that. :s
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,000 Member
    I suppose that makes sense in a way, although perhaps on days after patches they could add some extra workhours for their staff?
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • LittleMsSamLittleMsSam Posts: 125 Member
    That is correct, each File needs to be approved to be visible on CF. And uploading takes longer as well, at least for me. The time they review & approve Files is Sunday - Thursday, so when we upload a file late on Thursday e.g. it can take until Monday for it to be approved.
    ~~~ FIND OVER 150+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com/ ~~~
  • miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    I am still waiting on MC Command Centre to be updated on CurseForge since the patch and the Growing Together EP - my other CF mods that needed updates have been sorted. It might sound like a stupid question but if I was to uninstall MC Command centre from CF and download it direct from their website, would it reset all my mod settings?
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    miklc wrote: »
    I am still waiting on MC Command Centre to be updated on CurseForge since the patch and the Growing Together EP - my other CF mods that needed updates have been sorted. It might sound like a stupid question but if I was to uninstall MC Command centre from CF and download it direct from their website, would it reset all my mod settings?

Yes, but just keep your .cfg files from MCCC - you may have 1 or more, depending on what you have set. Those are your setting files, and can be moved between versions.
  • miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    Thank you for confirming @WildIrishBanshee
  • collmarMcollmarM Posts: 24 Member
    still waiting... :'(
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    collmarM wrote: »
    still waiting... :'(

I imagine the first round of updates will be approved tomorrow.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png