Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is good World/Town to raise family besides Willowcreek?

My Legacy family been based in willowcreek most of their lives and the kids young adults and moved to different towns and - the siblings of John and mom live in WIllow creek still. Joh Reed who i mostly play with i wanted to move his wife Yumiko and twins Owen and Michelle and Granny Cynthia to new town or world? with beach or good atmosphere

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Well, if you have Growing Together, San Sequoia is catered specifically to that. Apart from that, I like Newcrest, Brindleton Bay, and Windenburg.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    yes i got Growing Together - i found the houses or not lot of space for big houses tho . what about sulani? or is that more for retired or young couple?
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I really like Brinleton Bay for families!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    yes i got Growing Together - i found the houses or not lot of space for big houses tho . what about sulani? or is that more for retired or young couple?

I play families in all worlds. I choose based on where I think my sims would want to live. In my Westbrook legacy, I spread them out throughout all worlds. My founder started in Windenburg. There isn't a right/wrong place to have your families live. So Sulani works too.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • BonjourwomanBonjourwoman Posts: 338 Member
    My sims family lives in Sulani. Works for me.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I would pick a place where there's a playground in the neighbourhood. I think those areas are best for families. Windenburg and Sulani for example have no playgrounds.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    They’re all good, the only ones I don’t think are the occult worlds and Magnolia Promenade. Sulani I see as more of a vacation world than residential
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I think it kind of depends on a few factors. If you are playing in the winter, Oasis Springs might be good, but if you are playing in summer somewhere else might be better. Del Sol Valley weather seems pretty good year round, and in the lower neighborhood I think there is a play ground. I think Tartosa’s weather is supposed to be pretty good year round too. Weather ( especially when it comes to fishing and such ) messes with the game most for me, as my sims can’t fish in frozen water…. lol
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2023
    Personally I like all of them aside from the shop world from I meant get to work the one with four lots. I have had a family move around to see what is better then finish in the starting world and I have picked things just because they suit the family, my favorite though is often the pet world, however you spell that bay :D
    Post edited by RedDestiny92 on
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Personally speaking, I'm loving Henford-on-Bagley, if you have Cottage Living. This children get a kick out of the chickens, (optional). It is, for the most part, a nice quiet, wholesome town that fosters helping out others. I really love it. My Rock Star and three of his siblings live there, too. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I would pick a place where there's a playground in the neighbourhood. I think those areas are best for families. Windenburg and Sulani for example have no playgrounds.

This!! I have to admit though, that I don't actively look for streets/neighborhoods with playgrounds when my Sims start their families, but I find them very useful, especially when I have my child Sims create a club with their friends. I have moved at least 2 family to a street that has one, not counting those that I have started in those streets/areas. Started families I mean. I also like San Myshuno but on the downside they don't have any playgrounds, except if I create one on a lot but then I have to zone with my families too-and-fro.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    All worlds are good for raising families, but it depends on how you want to raise them, what experiences you want them to have and also your personal preference for a world's aesthetics and the story you are going to tell. I like to create a few community venues to make the world feel realistic but it depends on my sims that live in that world and their interests.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    All worlds are good for raising families, but it depends on how you want to raise them, what experiences you want them to have and also your personal preference for a world's aesthetics and the story you are going to tell. I like to create a few community venues to make the world feel realistic but it depends on my sims that live in that world and their interests.

The Reed Family - i wrote as they were early settlers in WillowCreek and have family legacy home - owned by John and his Mom Cynthia who lives with john and his wife Yumiko Its the house that holds the family together; Everyone - brothers/sisters/neices/nephews/ grandkids come to Christmas to that house and special holidays.

Everyone grows up till there are young adults and either get a property in the neighborhood or move away to different locations.

I want them to move to hot climate where it only rains mostly - John is middle age so hating the cold - so my next goal is either to move them to Sulani or san sequoia or somewhere warm.

PS: Also working on rebuilding the worlds now with now adding community centers from the new pack, a Park maybe
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    I always gravitate back to Oasis Springs and Windenburg. I like big worlds for families. Plenty room to fit in parks, public pool, a cafe or restaurant and still have a nightclub and library.
    I do like the other worlds but always run out of space.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Oasis Springs is kind of like Willow Creek in that it has a lot of collectibles and outdoor play areas, and it would be warmer. Wherever there is sand terrain I believe you could also build the sand sculptures from Island Living which would e a little bit like a beach.

I enjoy raising families in Sulani. I have two there. Playing in the sand and water together, plus the chance for the kids to befriend dolphins, is really cute. Also they can enjoy collecting the seashells and treasures in the sand.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,071 Member
    My sim self raised his nine children in Newcrest. From my sim self's family being the founders, that world has developed very well over time.
    my ideas was to have summer house and winter house - like keep original house in willowcreek and move to either Sulani with same house but accomodated to summer
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited March 2023
    I like them all but i think what i like the best is having families in worlds that do not at first glance say this is family neighborhood only made for nice suburban families

sure there are no playgrounds in Forgotten Hollow, but what if there was ;)

sure there is no room for 8 sim family in this little apartment, but what if there was :smirk:

sure strangerville seems a little strange place to raise your kids,but what if the kids are little strange too? :sunglasses:

that all said Sulani is lovely if its the beach you want
    there is lots of beach activities for whole family , some swings off lot too actually that i think of it
    and surely some adventures just around the corner (tell me this isn't the perfect world for the pirate ship jungle gym)
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    Willow Creek, Forgotten Hollow and Strangerville are the only places to raise a family. The other towns are full of weirdos and terrible bores. Just look at Windeberg! Everyone there is frightening.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I always start in Newcrest - but I also really like 50x40 lots, and they are very limited. Usually I have a household on every one in game in a generation or two lmao.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I play rotationally so I have families in most worlds. I have a main rotational save and a scenario save. Those 2 are my 2 most played saves. I don’t like the blizzards and Thunder storms as much as I like nice weather.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    I'm not sure, if the new world would fit for a family . When I moved my new family in a new game there, there were the worst thunderstorms I ever had in my games. Usually I play in Windenburg and Newcrest and they have also long thunderstorms. The weather became better and the view was gorgeous, but I really was thinking about, how I could prepare the windows against the bad weather. Building directly at the coastline in an earthquake zone, I was thinking how I can protect the home in case of a Tsunami after a heavy earthquake. Luckily the game doesn't have that kind of nature disaster and the houses are earthquake prove.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Mt. Komorebi
    Henford
    Windenburg
    Sulani
    Brindleton Bay
    Copperdale
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I have a couple families living in Forgotten Hollow and they are not vampires. I rather enjoy it. Also have a big family living in the large house at the top right in StrangerVille. Beautiful sunsets. Plenty of space.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    I feel like I should have family grow in San Sequioa at least once but I honestly think Brindleton Bay would be the best place to grow up. Also big fan of Glimmerbrook, but there’s not really much to do there. Copperdale is nice from what I’ve seen.