Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calendar messed up after GrowTog and patch

Anyone else experiencing issues with their calendars? I’ve currently got the Finchwick fairs happening twice a week but never on a Saturday, cheerleading is happening on Tuesday and Friday and football is Thursday and Sunday (though these change for the next week), and the SE festivals are happening on a Tuesday. Is this because of mods of because of the patch or EP, does anyone know? And how do I fix it?

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Check your mods first. Especially if you have any mods relating to anything with the calendar.

Mines I haven't noticed any changes everything seems to be the same with the Finchwick Fairs always on Saturday and the highschool related events on their usual days throughout the week.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    Only mod I can think of that might mess with the calendar is MCCC. Other than that, I use very few mods and that’s more to do with getting more control over who attends high school and getting rid of fears more easily.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Hmm, would remove it and double check your calendar to see. If it isn't a mod might be a bug only time things shift around on the calendar if there's another event that conflicts with another.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited March 2023
    MCCC was updated twice, so make sure you have the latest one. Other than that, all of my calendar stuff has been fine so far, everything happening on their normal days and times.

But sometimes, the problem stems from a mod you would never suspect, so if you haven't updated everything, do so - and do the 50/50 to see what the problem is if it isn't immediately obvious.
    I have the latest MCCC. I tried taking all the mods out, leaving just cc and MCCC and the calendar didn’t fix itself. I then opened my build save and entered a random family - calendar still messed up. I’ll experiment more tomorrow and take out MCCC (unless there’s another update for that) to see what happens.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    You should test when removing the entire mods folder + deleting the cache file (which might keep old memories of previously used mods). Some CC might affect game features, especially if they are script files.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Sometimes the mod you never thought could affect something completely breaks a feature. I once had a cc radio break the new bg swatches of planters. You just never know.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    Took all mods and cc out, cleared the cache folder and file, gone into some old saves so I don’t corrupt the newer ones. HSY events seem to be alright but most of the CoL fairs are gone, as are some of the SE festivals. Put MCCC back in, along with the map replacements and XML injector test package, and bingo, the calendar is messed up again. Most of the HSY events are back to normal, so it’s still the other packs that are a bit weird there, and Winterfest is now in Summer! So it looks like MCCC is the culprit but since I have the most recent version, I don’t know what to do about it!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    edited March 2023
    I don't have mods, nor do I have Growing Together, and in the patch I lost my Finchwick Fair and Get Famous events (or at least the calendar entries for those events). Your fairs were gone too even without mods. Would you like to make a bug report (for the mod-free version of the bug) and let us know where it is so we can me-too?
    Well, I don’t know what I did but somehow after about 90mins of taking mods in and out of folders, checking saves, etc, I seem to have my game working right. Most of the cc, I haven’t put back in yet, but the main mods that I use are and seem to be working fine at the moment. The calendar is back to normal and so far, everything is in its right place, including all events and festivals. 🤞 it stays that way! Thank you all for your advice!
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    It's often amazing what can bork your game after a patch like this lol
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    edited March 2023
    Have you ever altered game time speed in MCCC? If you had a save with a different time speed and then opened it without MCCC, calendar might be completely messed up. To fix it you can try to change seasons' length or change current season (with MCCC).
    @somewhsome - that’s probably it! I do have game speed slowed down normally and I found that I had to reset that speed but I couldn’t remember what it was at so it took some trial and error. I’m going to have to write that down so that the next big patch doesn’t do the same thing!
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I play vanilla and my calendar glitched post GT after I added a wedding event. All the other events on my calendar shifted to only being M-R including the finchwick fairs. It self corrected when I went out of the game and back in but I thought it was strange.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited March 2023
    I think Calendar been bugged since HSY
    its just always giving that new content yellow dot and honestly idk if it just deletes and readds the dang events instead of functioning how it used to where events was specific times
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free