Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just checking to make sure the infant update and Growing Together have no major Issues.

2...Next

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    @CheyenneBaum are you using any mods which might be misbehaving?
    (just asking cause idk if i have to start babysitting my sims now too :sweat_smile:)

also is this with autonomy on or off and was there anything that might have gotten them flirty by accident and on the wrong path so to speak :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    @BlueR0se luckily the family I plan on playing right now has no extra traits yet,
    Again ty all for the feed back. I’m not playing a famous Mom or Dad, and I don’t plan on taking my infant to Mt. K anytime soon, though I do hope the Mt. K thing does get fixed quickly as I do have other sims that like to vacation there. I’ll try to remember not to put the high chair too close to chairs, and I’m not using the loyal trait in this family. The stretching thing seems temporary, so I’m not going to worry about that. I may wait till a little later tonight to go into the game since it is Friday, and there might be a lot of us on the west coast trying to update and get the pack right after work, I stay up late anyway and need to go cook something for dinner right now. I should have it installed and played some by tomorrow. I will let you know if I see any big problems in my vanilla game. it sounds like most of them are small bugs and glitches so far.
  • RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    Oh I just remembered that there’s another glitch where if a child sim has a loose tooth and pulls it out, or ages up, their genetics will be glitched and randomized. This is probably one of the more major ones so hopefully it’ll be fixed soon.
  • CheyenneBaumCheyenneBaum Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Simmingal said:
    > @CheyenneBaum are you using any mods which might be misbehaving?
    > (just asking cause idk if i have to start babysitting my sims now too :sweat_smile:)
    >
    > also is this with autonomy on or off and was there anything that might have gotten them flirty by accident and on the wrong path so to speak :sweat_smile:

No mods installed but did. I do have autonomy clicked on but since you reminded me, I'll turn it off! Although I have it set for the one I'm not playing with and I was the guy when he took off! I have had this happen before so maybe the new patch brought it out again, UGH!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I've played for several hours and nothing game-breaking, a few minor glitches but just the stuff that was already in the base game.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited March 2023
    Has anyone else been experiencing a little bit of a lag since the update? I’ve noticed a tiny bit occasionally, & most noticeably when I switch to build & buy mode.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Oh I just remembered that there’s another glitch where if a child sim has a loose tooth and pulls it out, or ages up, their genetics will be glitched and randomized. This is probably one of the more major ones so hopefully it’ll be fixed soon.

I guess it’s good I play with aging off most of the time. There is a child sim in the family I’m playing, so I will be careful with that.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    I've had the pack since Thursday and the only bugs I've had have been (to me) minor ones - the infant stretched once when trying to autonomously pet the dog, but she's petted him many times since and it never happened again. Her food preferences do reset, but her milestones stuck, so that's minor to me.

I do have lots of mods, albeit I'm a bear about keeping on top of updates and everything I've added back in has been cleared or updated. No mod related bugs that I can see.
    This appears to be a pretty significant bug and I hope it's fixed soon. I haven't played a child yet, but for those of you who do use mods, thunder1143 has a bugfix mod here.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 691 Member
    My game was purchased by a family member for me. He logged into my account and paid with paypal. No problems. I downloaded my game at exactly 1 pm EST and immediately began playing.

I have laundry day installed. I never use mods or CC anymore.

I do have the parent sim freezing and not taking care of the screaming infant. I stopped playing with the parent and infant and went back to playing my teen werewolf. My teen werewolf is seldom freezing the same way that the parent froze.

I have noticed lag and kept checking my laptop drivers and updates and restarting the laptop. That seemed to help but not entirely resolve the situation.

My moonwood collective information is absent. I just have a whitescreen in that area. My werewolf teen sim has earned a LOT of traits and completed 6 aspirations and I used a cheat to graduate. With all previous play, the more traits earned, the more my sim seems to get buggy. This may not have anything to do with the new updates.

One positive, I think the bug for the plants in the Moonwood community garden is gone!

I was planning to hit Mt K next, but I am putting that off.

I figured the update and the pack were inevitable, so I might has well start dealing with my new virtual world now. Avoiding bugs changes my gameplay. I focus on what is possible and not as buggy and I keep moving. One of the reasons that I prefer playing a single sim who is a loner that completes lots of aspirations is because I hate dealing with the bugs that occur when sims interact with each other.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,942 Member
    I’ve had lag in build/buy mode for ages. It sticks around when I switch back to Live mode, but usually I click on the family calendar and the lag goes away.
  • RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    @FatTribble23 Thanks for the link! Hopefully EA themselves also fixes this soon.

@Lucy_Henley I usually click the options icon in the top right to get rid of the lag. I think anything that brings up a new menu clears the lag.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top