Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Me, me! I have a random question. Please can somebody tell me if a nightclub lot will staff DJ booths and bars automatically? I have a beach/nightclub which is set as a beach lot and my Sim had to hire the staff herself. Is it just because of the lot type? Thanks!

Yes, that's how it works. Bars, Lounges, Nightclubs will staff the roles needed to make the lot function. You will have to hire bartenders, DJs, etc. on lots that don't require the bar or DJ booth, such as pools and beach lots.

Awesome, thank you!
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Me, me! I have a random question. Please can somebody tell me if a nightclub lot will staff DJ booths and bars automatically? I have a beach/nightclub which is set as a beach lot and my Sim had to hire the staff herself. Is it just because of the lot type? Thanks!

Yes, that's how it works. Bars, Lounges, Nightclubs will staff the roles needed to make the lot function. You will have to hire bartenders, DJs, etc. on lots that don't require the bar or DJ booth, such as pools and beach lots.

Awesome, thank you!

You're welcome!
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2023
    I noticed while watching early access videos that Growing Together is adding new teeth options (on top of the whole tooth fairy thing)... which means the teeth defaults I use are likely to bite the dust. :#

It's going to be so weird seeing my sims with normal vanilla teeth. I might be in luck and the creator is still around, S4Studios, or MTS has a batch/tool fix soon.

edit: I'm fully aware soooo many mods are broken w/ this patch btw. No surprise there.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Not sure if anyone else noticed, but one of the new loading screen tips is the simlish version of "live, laugh, love" (if I figured it out right). I thought that was pretty cool :D.
  • ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    If I wanted to do the whole wedding thng, what order would you do it in?
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    I decided to do something drastic. I don't feel like I'm having that much fun with Sims 4 no matter how many EP I buy. So I am going to completely wipe the slate clean. Including all items I made for the gallery and start with a completely new save, nice and fresh. I decided I'm going to play all my Sims on Long lifespans because I want to experience everything and I don't feel like I can with the normal lifespan. To start this new Sims journey, I'm doing a rags to riches legacy. I think this is what I need to get hyped about this game again, a nice fresh start. I'm very excited! There is so many packs in this game that I owned that I haven't even touched upon or explored. Only things I've done was have a dog and maybe a kid or two and getting bored, and micromanaging. No more of that.
    Let me tell you all the stuff I haven't done in this game despite owning it for years
    Just Expansion Packs. I know I didn't fully explore most of the Stuff or Game Packs

Base Game
    1. Actually just played the game
    2. Made it past gen 3

Get To Work
    1. Never fully explored the careers
    2. Never played with Aliens
    3. Never owned my own business (retail, vet clinic, etc)

Get Together
    1. Never explored the club system, ever

City Living
    1. Didn't bother attending the festivals

Cats and Dogs
    1. Never done or tried to do the vet career or own a vet clinic

Seasons
    1. Never did beekeeping or gardening

Get Famous
    1. Never bothered with the fame system, I would like to explore that more
    2. Never got high in the acting career

Island Living
    1. Never bothered with mermaids, diving or lifeguard career, I would love to try that more because Sulani is beautiful, I might have my legacy start in that world
    2. Never tried the conservation career

Discover University
    1. I've actually explored this pack more than any other one's I owned but not to the full extent of college life. My sims always lived at home, I never had a Sim live on campus full term

Eco Lifestyle
    1. I've haven't explored this pack at all, and only reason I know I own it because the NAP that keeps showing up. I want to explore this pack more.

Snowy Escape
    1. I haven't explored this pack much at all. Never even lived in the world

Cottage Living
    1. I explored this pack a bit but not much, I'm sure there a lot more too it than just owning some chickens and llamas, I actually want to own a family farm

High School Years
    1. Explored this pack mostly through default but didn't explore the sports or prom stuff throughly

Growing Together
    1. This pack just released so I definitely didn't explore any of it

There is a lot more I know I haven't done yet but those are JUST stuff in the expansion packs I know I haven't even done.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    @Fairy_Happy good luck with your change in direction. Hope you're able to find something fun in the game. 🙂
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    Is there a setting in options that turns off the choice in some dialogue boxes?

Strangerville is unskippable for me as well as a few of the choices regarding sim kids at school issues. Where the only thing listed is the punishment choice.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »

Are you talking about the Events we have with MWS? If so, I would start with the Engagement Dinner, to announce to family and friends of the impending nuptials. I have never thrown a Bach Party, so I skip that one, but others might enjoy such. Usually, before MWS, I would just have my Sims' brothers, father and father-in-law, take him to a bar for an evening out, so to speak. The Rehearsal Dinner comes next, then, once you have set the Sims of Honor, Flower Pal, Ring Bearer and Officiant, (if you want one, none is required), you should schedule the wedding. If your Sim hasn't asked other Sims to fill these rolls you'll get a blank page. You don't get a list to choose from, in other words. After you've selected the venue, I tend to go into map view and set things up for the Event. Also, if you wish to have your Sims carry flowers, you need to have them take a quick trip to Tartosa to the Flower vendor and purchase them there. You can order the wedding cake online. I put it into one of my active Sims' personal inventory, then when they get to the venue, place the cake on a flat table, otherwise, the couple can't cut the cake together. (Learned that the hard way.)

I hope I have answered your question sufficiently. If you meant something else, let me know and I shall try to answer it. :) Best of luck to your couple!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    blaq797 wrote: »
    Is there a setting in options that turns off the choice in some dialogue boxes?

Strangerville is unskippable for me as well as a few of the choices regarding sim kids at school issues. Where the only thing listed is the punishment choice.

I never knew there was a choice in Strangerville, other than opting to not follow the clues. I do believe once the Infection begins, you have no choice but to play it out. I could be terribly wrong, though.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    A couple years back, I remember they actually had that as a yes/no option. At least thats how I recall it... Maybe they changed that due to steam... Or something.

As far as the behavior issues at school go, that change had to be close to when HSY came out probably, because afaik before then, there were two choices on the pop up. Not one...
    @simgirl1010
    Thank you. Yeah, I'm going to try to do all of this.
  • fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    I have 5 generation's of the Reed Family - and family tree is bit messed up right now

1. John daughter Alison got deleted (somehow) she was the eldest child from his wife (no longer existence lol)
    2. Alyson Son - Mark Reed is still in the family and says grandson of John and his father Neelash Meshram and mom (Alyson reed) is missing :(
    3. Cynthia Reed - i went and made Johns mom last month and had no issue linking him and his sister to her as parents of Cynthia.
    4. Stewart Reed - so when i try to make parent of John Reed his dad - his mom and Stewart show married but says John Reed is a step - son and so his sister Lizbeth and Kristen - how can i fix this issue?

So what is my best option here?
    A. Remake Alyson Reed and have science baby or try to link Alyson with the existence Mark Reed? cause i dont want to delete Mark, because him and John have a good relationship - its says Grandpa lil boo

B. how can i fix the issue of the step father to his kids? as i dont know how to clone sims

As im trying to make complete family elder grandparents with (frst gen) 2nd Gen - John/lizbeth/kristen - 3rd gen the kids of all siblings etc

If somebody can help[ me sort this out i would be greatful
  • tischidlytischidly Posts: 18 Member
    Before, there was this bug that affected one of my most beloved toddler-adult interactions---that is, I wasn't able to do the read to sleep interaction anymore. I was wondering if that's been fixed or if there's a mod fix or anything? I haven't played with toddlers in a hot minute but I will, inevitably, and I wanted to know if I could look forward to that
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I would love if the moschino stuff picture frames were updated to match the base game frames and the new event reward collage frames.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    tischidly wrote: »
    Before, there was this bug that affected one of my most beloved toddler-adult interactions---that is, I wasn't able to do the read to sleep interaction anymore. I was wondering if that's been fixed or if there's a mod fix or anything? I haven't played with toddlers in a hot minute but I will, inevitably, and I wanted to know if I could look forward to that

My game is very picky about this interaction. It all depends on the position of the bed. If the bed is against a wall, and/or there are certain bedside tables next to it, it will cancel the action. It's not obvious but this seems to be because the game thinks the parent can't sit there. When I put a toddler bed so that the head is against a wall and there is nothing on either side of it, the parent is able to read the child to sleep. It's possible that this issue is also only with certain beds. I haven't tested it extensively. Not sure if there is an additional bug you are referring to or if you might be able to get this to work if you play with positioning.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »

Are you talking about the Events we have with MWS? If so, I would start with the Engagement Dinner, to announce to family and friends of the impending nuptials. I have never thrown a Bach Party, so I skip that one, but others might enjoy such. Usually, before MWS, I would just have my Sims' brothers, father and father-in-law, take him to a bar for an evening out, so to speak. The Rehearsal Dinner comes next, then, once you have set the Sims of Honor, Flower Pal, Ring Bearer and Officiant, (if you want one, none is required), you should schedule the wedding. If your Sim hasn't asked other Sims to fill these rolls you'll get a blank page. You don't get a list to choose from, in other words. After you've selected the venue, I tend to go into map view and set things up for the Event. Also, if you wish to have your Sims carry flowers, you need to have them take a quick trip to Tartosa to the Flower vendor and purchase them there. You can order the wedding cake online. I put it into one of my active Sims' personal inventory, then when they get to the venue, place the cake on a flat table, otherwise, the couple can't cut the cake together. (Learned that the hard way.)

I hope I have answered your question sufficiently. If you meant something else, let me know and I shall try to answer it. :) Best of luck to your couple!

Nope that is what I wanted to know. Thank you
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I'm not a huge fan of the AI when leaving an infant at home with the butler - it's like none of the needs get taken care of.
    So, several issues here on the subject of sneaking out...

With GroTog now, and the ability of teens to move into their own places since I'm not sure when. Does sneaking out require a parent/registered caregiver on the lot along with the window and such?

Another sidebar query to that would be; what's to stop a vampire teen from simply flying out the window as bat? Have vampires even been accounted for in terms of the sneak out option of HSY? I know I asked this question before and I don't believe it ever got clearly answered... Would appreciate one if possible, Thank you.
    Well I finally got around to installing the patch. Put my CAS cc (clothing and shoes) back in and my one mod, UI Cheats and all seems to be working well. I still can't shake the feeling that something is going to go wrong at any moment. :# I'm thinking maybe some had problems with the download because so many were trying to update at the same time. Gonna wait a few more days before installing the EP.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023

With GroTog now, and the ability of teens to move into their own places since I'm not sure when. Does sneaking out require a parent/registered caregiver on the lot along with the window and such?

Another sidebar query to that would be; what's to stop a vampire teen from simply flying out the window as bat? Have vampires even been accounted for in terms of the sneak out option of HSY? I know I asked this question before and I don't believe it ever got clearly answered... Would appreciate one if possible, Thank you.
    I had 3 teens living together with no adult family and one of them got invited to a college party and snuck out of the house. I assume it would have counted for the aspiration if I had picked it.

I’m not sure if there needs to be other sims in the household or not, but she definitely snuck out living with her sisters. Also you don’t actually need the window - it’s the coolest way but they can just get all sneaky looking and go out the front door and I think even community lots.

Sadly I think it’s still rare you get the invite though. I played 8 teens rather extensively and only 2 of them got invited to parties, once each, neither had the aspiration. My teen with the aspiration never got asked.
    Well I finally got around to installing the patch. Put my CAS cc (clothing and shoes) back in and my one mod, UI Cheats and all seems to be working well. I still can't shake the feeling that something is going to go wrong at any moment. :# I'm thinking maybe some had problems with the download because so many were trying to update at the same time. Gonna wait a few more days before installing the EP.

Ahhh enjoy it!!! I’m sure you’ll love it. I think everything is stable now with the downloads and mods are better!
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member

I had one teen living alone in a single storey house without the window. She had the scenario appear for her to sneak out and she did successfully. I don't think it counted towards the goal but even when the teen has been living with an adult I have never had the goal complete and I've always had to use the cheat to get it to complete. It's a known bug. But, I can confirm that the teen living alone did definitely sneak out...complete with animation.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Okay as a mail carrier several random comments...

First of all, the lady mail carriers in Sims 4 wear heels on the job. Why. That's the absolute worst type of footwear you can wear for it. Can we change that please.

Second, I think the mailbox variety should be drastically improved. All we have are mounted boxes separate from the house, and anyone who has spent time carrying mail will know that there should be a much bigger variety than that (most houses I carry mail to don't even use those). It's weird how Sims has this urban American aesthetic to its houses yet we don't have wall-mounted mailboxes. Hell, the game should come with those dreadful mailslots you can attach as a flat wall decoration, no meshing required. Game has wall-trash cans, so no mailslots? I can't even remake my own house in any Sims game because there are no wall-mounted mailboxes.

Sims 2and 3 even has a cluster box unit for apartments. Sims 4 doesn't (I've seen an apartment box they have but it's not the familiar clusterbox unit that 2 and 3 have). Like what?
    A1hnP0t.png
    Hmm, I never even gave the mailboxes a thought. Good idea though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top