Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poor MAXIS

Can y'all just imagine how they feel that some stupid glitch causes a problem on release day when everything should go smoothly???

Plum Plum Plum!!! PLUM!!!! PLUM!!! plum!I (Insert a random Sim jumping on the code willing to take it DOWN!) PLUM!!! Plum it all to Plum!!!

Don't worry guys! I still love ya!
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

Comments

• KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    What are you talking about? I've been playing for 6 hours without a hitch.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited March 2023
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    What are you talking about? I've been playing for 6 hours without a hitch.

I have as well, but there are a lot of people that had DL issues. (and are still having them) I mean I had an issue where it wasn't downloading for the first 2 hours after it was released. I was fortunate enough to just have to restart my computer a few times and that fixed my issue. I am on Origin though and not EA where most of the problems were happening.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Not just Maxis. Check the steam forums on other EA games. Everybody is against the app and some have found work arounds to keep origin.
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 252 Member
    Ahh, good.

So, it's not just me and my shiny new PC having the troubles.

Updated the EA App. then updated the game.
    Then, paid for and downloaded Copperdale and Growing together packs.
    waited and waited, finally it all got down and installed.
    That's when all the new shiny bugs began to bite.

Sims can't travel from home lots using the normal travel commands, sims just disappear and become invisible after giving them a command, Sims go totally unresponsive standing in T pose for no reason, hungry sims won't eat when you command them to.

Thanks Maxis, for now at least, my game is basicly unplayable.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    shorty943p wrote: »
    Ahh, good.

So, it's not just me and my shiny new PC having the troubles.

Updated the EA App. then updated the game.
    Then, paid for and downloaded Copperdale and Growing together packs.
    waited and waited, finally it all got down and installed.
    That's when all the new shiny bugs began to bite.

Sims can't travel from home lots using the normal travel commands, sims just disappear and become invisible after giving them a command, Sims go totally unresponsive standing in T pose for no reason, hungry sims won't eat when you command them to.

Thanks Maxis, for now at least, my game is basicly unplayable.

Well if you just bought HSY, that was a deliberate addition as a joke, because I guess kids do that in RL as a challenge.
    https://bestgamingtips.com/sims-4-t-pose-challenge/
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    They do a T pose challenge and if you want to you can have your sims join it . Never heard of it until the HSY pack but i believe they are meant to stand there like that for as long as possible
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I just don't understand why someone decided to force an app with known many faults on everyone exactly the time the new pack was releasing. Or close to it. Timing just seems weird and I feel like it really kinda overshadowed an otherwise amazing pack. This EA app change should have at least came a few weeks after this pack release.

But I hope the team is not disappointed! Pack is definitely amazing. They did a wonderful job👏👏 (as always 😁)
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Funny as people complained so much about origin and it's problems and now complaining about the EA app and want Origin back that still has it's problems. :D The both of them seem to be more or less the same.

Only problem I had with EA app was trying to re-do my paypal when it kept telling me to try again later a few days back. Plus thought updating S4 also had downloaded the EP, but I had to go in and click download for it. No other problems thus far. I know everyone's experience will vary though with problems.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Maybe if they did things right the first time there wouldn't be so many upset people.
  • LRFOXLRFOX Posts: 6 New Member
    I've been waiting for 24 hours for Growing Together to download. My account says it's been delivered, in game says I own it but the EA app doesn't seem to notice. Help Center said, basically, "Yeah, there's a lot of that going around. We're working on it." Grah.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Funny as people complained so much about origin and it's problems and now complaining about the EA app and want Origin back that still has it's problems. :D The both of them seem to be more or less the same.

Only problem I had with EA app was trying to re-do my paypal when it kept telling me to try again later a few days back. Plus thought updating S4 also had downloaded the EP, but I had to go in and click download for it. No other problems thus far. I know everyone's experience will vary though with problems.
    Yeah, EA App isn't perfect by far, but with Origin, every time the app got an update, when I tried updating it always messed up and I would end up having to uninstall the app and reinstall it for it to work again. I used to hate having to update Origin.
    LRFOX wrote: »
    I've been waiting for 24 hours for Growing Together to download. My account says it's been delivered, in game says I own it but the EA app doesn't seem to notice. Help Center said, basically, "Yeah, there's a lot of that going around. We're working on it." Grah.

My pack also didn't have any place to download it in EA App either, it wasn't showing up under manage game like it should have. Have you tried just starting up Sims 4? That is what worked for me, I started the game and a pop up said download in progress. Not sure if it will work for you but if you haven't tried that it is worth a shot.
  • LRFOXLRFOX Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Sara1010P said:
    > My pack also didn't have any place to download it in EA App either, it wasn't showing up under manage game like it should have. Have you tried just starting up Sims 4? That is what worked for me, I started the game and a pop up said download in progress. Not sure if it will work for you but if you haven't tried that it is worth a shot.

No, I've been playing for a while hoping it would. Apparently there's some sort of problem that they're "working on".
    LRFOX wrote: »
    > @Sara1010P said:
    > My pack also didn't have any place to download it in EA App either, it wasn't showing up under manage game like it should have. Have you tried just starting up Sims 4? That is what worked for me, I started the game and a pop up said download in progress. Not sure if it will work for you but if you haven't tried that it is worth a shot.

No, I've been playing for a while hoping it would. Apparently there's some sort of problem that they're "working on".

Sorry to hear that. I hope they get it working for you soon.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The only problem I ever had with Origin was the fact it would go online on its own when I was avoiding updating the game, then it would try to update before I could hit that 'go offline' button. The 'repair game' option was a game saver for me on many occasions, and I was happy to see it made it into the EA App. But I did take note of how many times Origin was being updated lately, and wondered why that was a thing. I guess it just outlived its usefulness and rather than rebuild it, EA decided to create a new app to take its place. But I did need to uninstall and install the EA App several times before it worked properly. That had me a bit upset because no one seemed to know why some players had no issues while others did. Then the 14th rolled around and instead of a modapocolypse we got the EA App going bonkers and freaking out everyone. So, it's no small wonder so many players are mad when they can't update or download GT. I waited until the 17th to update and download the EP, and everything went smoothly for me by then. I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Because I am seeing so many posts from players that are STILL waiting for the update and GT. And that just isn't right, especially for players that preordered the EP. :/
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I may be the odd duck, but never had an Origin problem. Learned very quickly to short out the automatic update by leaving the machine unplugged from the internet unless I needed to use it.