Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Growing Together Rating!

SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
It is time yet again for my favorite question: how would YOU rate Growing Together?

Please remember, though, as always: this is supposed to be a helpful thread for those who are still on the fence about buying this pack. Preferably ONLY rate this pack if you actually own and have played it for a bit. Also: feel free to voice your opinions, but don't go attacking others for theirs. Everyone feels how they feel, it's not up to you to dictate what those feelings should or should not be.

So, without further ado: on a scale from 1 to 10 - 1 being "I wish I could return this atrocity" and 10 being "Simtastic, best pack ever" - how would YOU rate Growing Together?

Also, since I'll try to follow the same format for these as for the pack-specific Share Your Build posts, feel free to browse how other simmers have rated High School Years, Discover University, Realm of Magic, Island Living and (albeit in a different format) Get Famous :blush:

Your Growing Together Rating! 172 votes

3%
Lenny_OggmusteniPatriceSimChilucombreZerelth 6 votes
1%
mitchiebanjoPeral 2 votes
2%
ElnVldbecks1112pandie00Kai252018LeucosiaX 5 votes
0%
Katofhyrule12 1 vote
5%
Simburianalanmichael1TorieLustianiciaSaga-MinxlunaodditySERVERFRAElisdreamRapidRabidRabbitsinisterlemons 10 votes
4%
SchantalAinegarapoesZiafarwitch_hammersCoconut27Reaganbogan 7 votes
15%
KHS12alan650111SimMommy05freindlylolhadklaxsimgirl542bixtersthe_greenplumbobID-Christiansillyangel0906LSM36RedShoe7phunktasticjoe89AugustoEvilyn_1007AllinsimstimeAtreya33kaiwrysimsDianesimsLady_Ballora 26 votes
20%
JadeleineKita5399Icewolfalexspoom13aelias24JueJuePhierakittenPaigeisin5Mindofyashcrash19LolaLuvsSimsSim2SporeSerendipity38CheekybitsAdria22wiredhanna67Sajahilovemy4sHorrorgirl6HomeMama 35 votes
25%
Bluegaylevancanuckfan86EvvieSimmerNh6650GalacticGalNighteyesCabelle1863AlexairudolphaBevTweetyColorist40IllandryaleigheJanlULIBABA66elanorbretonsilvercandy79kokoro80kerryemmiebethsimgirl1010 44 votes
20%
auroraael14zeppelin123LaBlue0314bandit5IceyJMartinvPlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarsimlish1mcruddNyxLunaStarfriendlysimmerscchant86bluzkat65DarkLady2788catloverplayermjalletorkhid22BabykittyjadePunkandProud 36 votes

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    [reserved] will play a bit more before editing with my own final rating, although so far I do really enjoy playing with this!
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I would give it 9.5, it is certainly my most favorite pack, infants are so fleshed out and a joy to play with. The attention to detail is incredibly immersing. My only real disappointment was that there was no option to take photos of my sims with their infants using the cameras in game. I would have thought we would have got some new poses and that infants would be included seeing as we got those lovely photo frames with the pack. It's only a small thing in the scheme of it though.
  • IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    This is the first time I ever preordered a pack and I was a bit anxious because I know this game's history with packs and their issues and this is one of the reasons I do not own many packs. But when I started playing, I can say with ease that this is the best pack I own (tied with Seasons). It is so well developed and I am actually shocked because there are so many new features. I am also glad that there is also a lot of new family gameplay and interactions for all life stages. The infant and baby updates are cherry on top. I haven't felt that satisfied and happy playing TS4 for almost 10 years lol.

I gave this a 9 as to 9.5 because the only small issue I got was the stay over event with relatives which was a bit buggy at least in my game (could be an issue with my mods) but nothing major or gamebreaking.
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    edited March 2023
    With all the family packs tied together with this one it raises my opinion. It's definitely a must have for family gameplay.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,179 Member
    If the town was more appealing to me then would have got a 10. Love the gameplay, cas, b/b. Really brought my sims to life. I do like smaller worlds but I'm just not a big fan of so many fake buildings.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I’d give it a solid 7. I’m not a big fan of the world or lot sizes given to us and infants were patched in so I can’t even contribute the EP to adding that feature to gameplay. I also rarely ever think $40 for an EP is a reasonable price point for what we get each go round but I pay it anyway. :D
    I do like to milestones and the compatibility aspect. Also enjoy the add in of family wanting to stay the night, the tooth fairy, treehouses, and the overall feel of nostalgia and childhood that comes with the pack.
    It isn’t my favorite pack but it gets a passing grade for me compared to some of the others!
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    I'm a family/legacy player so it gets a solid 10 from me. I really don't care about the world, I prefer the older bigger worlds anyway. It will be a place my sims will visit, but never live there. I do plan to download some San Francisco Victorian row houses for it.

The gameplay is everything I dreamed it would be and I am not having any bugs yet, even with all my updated mods put back in. I'm happy as a clam with it.

The EA app, now... that gets a -1000.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    [reserved]

I haven't done too much aside from building and changing lots. But that's just my way and my play style to make the new world work in my world.
    One thing I will say is that I am not too keen on the lots in San Sequoia for building new homesteads. Either I don't like the views, or what "amenities" are nearby.
    I'm not sure it's the right city for the family that will be my "generational" family within my rotational game. Going to be going back in tonight and having a look at the lots and what might work.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,935 Member
    I need to play some more before i can really rate but I will just say this I have never felt more overwhelmed with exploring a sims 4 pack there is so much to do in this pack its definitely not a "i'll just play this through real quick" pack also the cas and bb are actually really lovely

caution though if you are perfectionist who hates children this pack might be a little exhausting to you I have new found respect for all mothers now my goodness am I glad I am just playing a game and I can escape the baby realm when i want to 😂😂😂

only real disappointment so far is the limited usefulness of the baby carrier
    I would have hoped to use some more hobby items and do some more occulting while in it even if we are to count out the more dangerous fun in name of baby safety
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited March 2023
    This pack easily earns a 10. I finally got the chance to play with it for about an hour (before re-creating the family I accidentally saved over). It will easily keep me playing Sims 4. I also have several other packs installed along with it and the pack integration is spot on. This is the second EP I have pre-ordered since HSY. I need to purchase a few other EP's, GP's, SP's and Kits to finish out my collection of content I would like to add to my game to see how they integrate with GrT.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    So love the CAS, new personality traits, Objects & especially the cool new Treehouse. :pB)
    As for the world Sequoia, Meh. :/
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 250 Member
    IF I ever get it to work I might give it a score, but right now< it gets a Minus 10 from me.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    So far, I'm really liking it, so like a 7 or 8 maybe...but I've barely even started lol.
  • IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    This is by far my favourite pack and I haven't gotten past infant stage yet! It fills in some of the toddler things from Sims 2 and Sims 3 that I felt were missing like teaching toddlers to talk and walk - I know we don't get that, but all the infant milestones mean that toddlers can already talk and walk so it doesn't feel like it is missing anymore. My infant has taken almost all of her long lifespan to get the milestones, so I feel sorry for those who play on normal and short, there's no way they would experience everything.

The family interactions are great, too, and something that has also been missing. My sim parents became "close" and earned the romantic trait due to their interactions. The self-discovery traits do come up often, perhaps too often, as I have to keep turning down the clumsy trait every time my athletic sim slips on the treadmill :D !

It is (for me) far less buggy than anything else I've downloaded in Sims 4. The only bug I've had is that sometimes the parents get stuck with the infant, but a quick reset has solved that every time.

The reason I couldn't give this a 10 is because I'm not a fan of the world. Everything is far too spread out and it's hard to work out what is real and what is fake (most is fake). My sim parents keep getting a want to use a bush for woohoo, but I haven't found one close enough to the house to use. I do like the library though, it has something for everyone, and I'm waiting until my kids are old enough before trying out the community centre.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    edited April 2023
    I haven't had chance to play yet, but will be back this weekend to leave my vote :)

Edit: finally got the chance to put in a good amount of play hours and I'm giving it a 9. It's not perfect but I'd say it's one of the best EPs for my play style and it has brought me back to the game.
    Post edited by elanorbreton on
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I rate it 10. It got me back to the game. It's everything i have ever wanted.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    edited March 2023
    I feel this pack will require some more playtime before I can fully form my opinion, but I'm loving it this far and it already feels essential. So I'm thinking of 9 or maybe even 10 despite that fact that I don't much like the world or CAS either. I just appreciate the gameplay systems and we have not been getting too many this kind. In my mind I keep comparing it to Get Together, the level it lets me manage sim behaviour.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited March 2023
    10 as in very satisfied and makes me wonder what will be next in sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    I ended up buying Growing Together, mainly for its compatibility system and kids related gameplay (I needed more interesting stuff to do for my group of wackadoodle 5th graders).

I haven't had a chance to deep dive into the pack yet, so I will come back and rate it at a later stage, however, I can already say with confidence that it is not a 10 for me, although I wouldn't go as low as a 5 either! My gut says "7" for now, which is pretty positive, right?

Let me share some of the pros and cons:

PROS:
    • Great CAS for middle aged sims and elders if you like that kind of stuff. Most of the clothing looks sort of normal and dull, but in a perfectly sensible way, which is exactly what some of my older sims need. The headscarf deserves a special mention. It's just great, haha.😂
    • Love the skin details.
    • I'm really enjoying the compatibility system and the milestones, although I'm still exploring so I can't say too much about this yet. It seems to be working for me. So far so good.
    • Kids stuff ditto. Right now they're learning to ride their bikes (which is awesome btw). Bikes make different sounds. One of them has playing cards inserted in the spokes, I just love those details!
    • I haven't really played with infants yet, although I made a cute one in CAS called Bobby 'The Wiggler' Wobble. Bobby Wobble has the wiggle trait as you may have guessed. He has yet to wiggle his way into one of my saves.

CONS:
    • I previously mentioned that I can understand that the new compatibility system is part of an EP and not basegame, but I take it back. Originally I believed such a system could be too overwhelming for folks that do not want it, but it is entirely player controlled and part of the likes/ dislikes mechanics. If you don't want it you don't have to use it. It's a bit of work to set it up however, especially if you have many large households. Compatibility truly should be basegame, this is essential gameplay folks have been asking for since the release of Sims 4 and it's one of the key components that constitute the so called 'smart sim' that EA/Maxis promoted back in 2014. It shouldn't have been behind a paywall, then again, I did buy the pack specifically for this so I can't really give out. I did exactly what EA/Maxis knew folks like me would do. 🤡

• The world. YAAARGHH....it's just...frustrating. Oh, it looks nice for sure, but for the size that it is there are not enough lots and it has limited walking space. The most interesting parts in the world are non-functional sets. I'm so tired of the argument: "we have to make a compromise, everything needs to work on low spec systems". It's just not good enough anymore, I feel that in general the world quality is beginning to suffer. I thought rabbitholes was something they were done with after Sims 3, but they're sneaking their way back into the game. Give people with high spec systems a world editor so they can at least add lots or create their own worlds to share with the community. Please let me fill these worlds with my own nonsense, because I'm full of it and so should my worlds.

As I said, I've only just scratched the surface. I'll return a month's time. :D
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I gave it an 8. I have so much more to explore and I’ve put in some serious simming hours since this pack was released. An entire point was deducted for the small world size, it almost lost two for that alone but I decided to be generous since this pack added so much to my gameplay. Half a point for the lack of shoes, a quarter point for not making that cute, short, curly hair available for infants. And the other quarter was because friends and neighbors seem to show up now more than ever. Even more than in Sulani 😩.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,807 Member
    Not bad. So far an average of 8.5.

I still haven't updated or installed the pack but hopefully I'll get caught up in my game today.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    So exhausted after making a new family and housing them that I saved the game and gave up. It's just something I'll toy with from time to time now after having played over 7000 hours.
    Their allocation of clothing types, formal, party etc., just doesn't go with my own ideas so I've got rid of those settings entirely!
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I truly appreciate this pack - it has really added to the core of the game play. I love that Sims are now more fleshed out and the stories we can make with them. I appreciate that we finally have more of a challenge in the game. I understand that not all enjoy this type of game play but it is nice that those who enjoy a bit more of a challenge are finally included in the game. As a lover of the Sims 2 - I truly appreciate what this expansion adds to the game. It has made the game so much more enjoyable to play.

The only reason I gave the game a point off is because we once again get an itsy bitsy world.
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    So far I'm giving it a 7 out of 10.
    I only downloaded it yesterday. But I played for a good 6 hours, myb a bit more. It took awhile to add mods back in, and I realized that I had forgotten to take some out that needed serious updating.
    But once I got in, got situated, aged up the babies I populated the town with, and then went to my main family and made sure the relationships were all set; I was finally able to start exploring the pack.

While there was some really cute stuff:
    Themed drinks at the baby shower if you hire a mixologist
    New sentiments
    Obviously all the baby stuff
    Infants (Adorbs)
    Potential cross pack growth and depth (haven't seen too much yet)
    Milestones

There were some things that I'm not as thrilled about when you actually start playing:

1.)Since they didn't update the family tree and the way sims recognize those relatives, this new family dynamics system only makes that even more apparent. And while it's a really nice thing to have, there's issues:

Step-relationships literally DO NOT COUNT for family dynamics. It's as if every step-parent literally went "Eff them kids" Household member only. And the kids feel the same. They don't show up in the family profile at all either.

And we already didn't have In-laws recognized on the family tree reliably, definitely not in the Sims profile. But now it's really highlighted bc they don't even show up in the family profile.

2.) I'm not going into the friendship bracelets thing I already have feelings about it and the bffs system in this game.

3.) Back to family dynamics you can't edit them for people in your family (the ones actually recognized as such) who aren't in your household. Like if you are in the Sims profile there's no drop-down or anything for a sim you know, that you don't have a dynamic with yet. You just have to wait for a pop-up.

4.) Likewise there doesn't seem to be a way to cheat Milestones for infants they you aren't actively playing. I couldn't find the promised Quirk cheats either, but they might be around.

5.) Pie-menu reorganization will just take getting used to and that's fine. I will warn you, that when you pick likes and dislikes, for your sim&another, it limits the things you can talk about. I thought it would just be that the things they liked would have higher success or be highlighted, and things they didn't feel either way about would still be there. And maybe you could see the disliked, idk.
    But actually you'll click certain sims and only be able to talk to them about a few topics. My one Sim only had about 4 topics to talk to their father about. Likely the only 4 they had in common. Which was hard because we were at the baby shower and none of those interaction where on the menu, in those categories. So I had to cheat everything, because no one was "Gushing about baby."

All in all it's cute. It definitely adds to the game. And I will probably play until my infant is a child before giving them another baby. I have a half finished treehouse in the backyard, bc I was so busy with family reunion, baby shower, and then she went into labor helping her wife finish building it. I want to see the full infant experience, and new toddler stuff, before trying again with more babies.

But if you haven't gotten it yet, I'd say keep in mind that there are definitely things they could've done better. Things they could've worked on. Old systems that could've been changed or improved that would've made what we just got blend so seamlessly. So you might have moments of "Oh why is this like this, that's not great." But I'm still glad I got it, because I wanted Infants, and having seen the let's plays of people who played with infants without Growing Together, I gotta say, it looks boring.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • SagaLundkvistSagaLundkvist Posts: 4 New Member
    It's by far and away my favorite pack, and I especially adore the new compatibility system, milestones, plus varied likes and dislikes. Family dynamics also make a big difference in my gameplay, and I'm really loving the infants.

The reason I only gave it an 8 is that the world is my least favorite thus far. It's far too barren, doesn't have any unique housing that I usually associate with San Francisco, and is just plain boring and a waste of hard drive space. I would much rather they would have not added a world, and instead expanded on something else like elders, or even adding more buildable lots to existing worlds. If the world was better, it would have been a 10/10 pack for me.