Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited March 2023
    February11 wrote: »
    JustinRide wrote: »
    > @EA_Cade said:
    > Heya,
    >
    > I'm actually currently having discussions on this tool with relevant teams. Obviously the goal is to keep everything running but there are some technical limitations we're working through with a tool that A ) never left Beta to begin with and B ) is extremely old and had to be patched when Origin released to function with it.
    >
    > Again, the goal is to get it cooperating with the EA app, but I can't promise that will be feasible.

Hello @EA_Cade ! I appreciate all the info you've provided thus far, do you happen to have any updates regarding in-game editing to work with EA App? It's quite fascinating to hear how clunky it seems to be for you guys to get working being it's software that's still in beta and predates origin! xD Thanks in advance! :D

I also don't know if these replies are properly tagging you, sorry I'm new to the forms. Hope it's not to much of a bother. o:

@JustinRide
    Isn't the tag meant to be blue?
    Like my tag for you.
    Your tag for EA_Cade turned blue in my quote, but isn't in your post that I quoted, strangely enough!

@February11, Justin's tag to EA_Cade didn't turn blue as he was still considered a new member at the time he made his posting. So any posts made while he was considered a new member will still look like that even after getting promoted to member...😀
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Argument 1: It's new, we can't expect perfection

Argument 2: It's the server we use to play our EA games. Perfection is necessery.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Hey all,

We've been in the process of migrating users in waves from Origin to the new EA app on Windows since mid October. You'll eventually see a message like the one above pop up when launching Origin now that the EA app is no longer in Beta.

You can read more about the new EA app on EA.com here, and if you run into any issues or if you have feedback to share please do let us know here so we can take a look and let the right teams know.

I tried to make a bug report about sims medieval no longer being available in Dutch but only in English. the site wouldn't let me. Every time I tried to hit the button to submit my post, nothing happened. Does anyone else have this issue? Do I need to use a specific browser perhaps? I was able to make a post in the feedback section but not a bug report.
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    RIP Origin
    RIP The Sims 2 Store Edition

Today the update of Origin (10.5.122.52971) can't disable EA app popup (MigrationDisabled doesn't work anymore).

History

2005 EA Downloader
    2006 EA Link
    2007 EADM
    2011 Origin
    2022 EA app

But Steam from 2003 to now.

So we may have to go through this again in the future? Oh joy

EA is still looking for a buyer (Apple, Amazon, ... ) so it can change again.

Oh my, that doesn't sound very good.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited March 2023
    EA app is beautiful UI with the cover art of my games ... but no games can be run ... Error 500.

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    So far it's been ok for me but I expect problems will pop up as they do for others. Again... such a shame we were forced onto an app that still does not function as it should for everyone. and to think most of us used to hate Origin.

For anyone that shares their account with family members, playing in offline mode when someone else logs on might be tricky. For some reason it kept kicking my family member off when I logged in and they said they were in offline mode. Last time I checked we could still share accounts with a trusted family member. It might be not reading the pop up fully on their end.. I haven't had problems with being kicked off on my end yet.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited March 2023
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    So far it's been ok for me but I expect problems will pop up as they do for others. Again... such a shame we were forced onto an app that still does not function as it should for everyone. and to think most of us used to hate Origin.

For anyone that shares their account with family members, playing in offline mode when someone else logs on might be tricky. For some reason it kept kicking my family member off when I logged in and they said they were in offline mode. Last time I checked we could still share accounts with a trusted family member. It might be not reading the pop up fully on their end.. I haven't had problems with being kicked off on my end yet.

Good to know that I'm not the only one that hated Origin. :#

Ya, it sucks that we are required to use an app that is buggy and causing problems for simmers. Hmm...recurring theme? :p
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    > @EA_Cade said:
    > Heya,
    >
    > I'm actually currently having discussions on this tool with relevant teams. Obviously the goal is to keep everything running but there are some technical limitations we're working through with a tool that A ) never left Beta to begin with and B ) is extremely old and had to be patched when Origin released to function with it.
    >
    > Again, the goal is to get it cooperating with the EA app, but I can't promise that will be feasible.

Hello @EA_Cade ! I appreciate all the info you've provided thus far, do you happen to have any updates regarding in-game editing to work with EA App? It's quite fascinating to hear how clunky it seems to be for you guys to get working being it's software that's still in beta and predates origin! xD Thanks in advance! :D

I also don't know if these replies are properly tagging you, sorry I'm new to the forms. Hope it's not to much of a bother. o:

@JustinRide
    Like my tag for you.
    Your tag for EA_Cade turned blue in my quote, but isn't in your post that I quoted, strangely enough!

@February11, Justin's tag to EA_Cade didn't turn blue as he was still considered a new member at the time he made his posting. So any posts made while he was considered a new member will still look like that even after getting promoted to member...😀

Ahhh, thanks for the heads up. I didn't know that. So I wasn't much help after all 🤭
    That's a shame.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    > @EA_Cade said:
    > Heya,
    >
    >

@JustinRide
    Like my tag for you.

Ahhh, thanks for the heads up. I didn't know that. So I wasn't much help after all 🤭
    That's a shame.

You're welcome @February11...😀
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    So far I haven't experience too many issues with the EA App, however, there is one thing I found out today while I was playing the Sims 3. During gameplay, the EA App had an error that required me to log in again. It popped up while I was in-game and I was originally going to do so once I was finished. As soon as I clicked on the notification to close it, my game closed to bring up the app. For a second I thought I lost all my progress until I realized it was only minimized.

I'm not sure if this normally happens when something outside of the game comes on the screen and you click it or an EA App thing. Either way, I don't like the app bringing up notifications during gameplay. Unless it is something that is going to affect my ability to play the game I think it should be left until you leave the game or bring up the app yourself.
    So far I haven't experience too many issues with the EA App, however, there is one thing I found out today while I was playing the Sims 3. During gameplay, the EA App had an error that required me to log in again. It popped up while I was in-game and I was originally going to do so once I was finished. As soon as I clicked on the notification to close it, my game closed to bring up the app. For a second I thought I lost all my progress until I realized it was only minimized.

I'm not sure if this normally happens when something outside of the game comes on the screen and you click it or an EA App thing. Either way, I don't like the app bringing up notifications during gameplay. Unless it is something that is going to affect my ability to play the game I think it should be left until you leave the game or bring up the app yourself.

I think there might be something to turn off notifications in the settings. I could be wrong, but it might be worth a look.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

No.
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    I think there might be something to turn off notifications in the settings. I could be wrong, but it might be worth a look.

Checked the settings and found an option to turn off notifications. Thanks for the tip.

• WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I won´t switch until forced. Pretty anxious about it.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I was forced to switch over on my older Mac with a Windows install. I was really afraid it would make me lose Sims 2, but it's fine. On my newer Mac, I still have Origin. But it's my understanding that they don't have the EA app ready for Mac OS's yet. I really don't want to switch over, but my fears have actually been somewhat alleviated. Sims 2 was what I was worried the most about.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    From what I've read, it doesn't work with CAW EIG.
    edited March 2023

Checked the settings and found an option to turn off notifications. Thanks for the tip.

Ahh, good. I thought I'd seen something :)

I've had a couple of incidences over the last couple of days where both TS3 and 4 don't show up on my list, meaning I can't play.
    Both times I restarted my laptop, and both appeared again, meaning I could play - after a couple of fretful moments!
    Each time there was a message at the top saying, something didn't go right, but we're working on it. Please try again later.

It's really annoying not knowing if you're going to be able to play, if it'll fix itself with a restart, or something worse is going to happen.
    It doesn't make for a happy experience.
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Has anyone tried it without the smooth patch? Was the result that you still need it?

I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited March 2023
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    So the game is in my library again, and shows up in my owned & installed games when I switch EA App to offline mode, but when I click the play button nothing happens.

I don't want to update to infants right away because I have fantasy mods I like and want to play with. My mods don't have updates out yet, and some I may have to remove completely because their creators went inactive and won't get updated for this. So I'd like to continue my game I had started and at least finish my goals for that save before I'm done with it.

I used to be able to play TS4 in offline mode through the EA App without any problems. But after the infant update, that doesn't work anymore. Please enable it so we can continue to play offline without updating. I do plan to update to infants eventually, I am excited for that content, but I don't want to get it right away. I'd like to be able to play my game as it is for now, please.

I'd like to comment that I recieved a patch for the EA App today that fixed this issue for me! I'm now able to play in offline mode as normal again~
    bandit5 wrote: »
    No it won't let you play offline just disconnect internet. And try play then.

Thank you for the information! Sorry for the late reply, but that was fixed on my end. No need for the internet disconnect anymore. Hopefully it's fixed for others as well, but glad to know this work-around exists! TY
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The unplugging may no longer work. Yesterday the game launched just fine while the computer was unplugged from the internet. Tonight, with nothing changed as far as I knew, the game failed to launch. Tried several times, including with computer restarts to have things as clean as possible, and the only thing that came up was the big black screen saying that there was no internet connection. That has happened before, but the game would launch after a minute or less. Now there is no launch, even after several minutes. That suggests at least two things:

There is a timer of sorts within the portion of the app that is on the computer that will permit only so many offline sessions before disabling that ability.

That EA somehow, when the machine is online for other purposes, like checking one's email, can get into the app on our end and tinker with it.

Am by no means a software person, so don't know if either is even possible, but it does seem odd that something that worked fine yesterday no longer does.

Tried the options via the three lines in the upper left corner and none of them had any effect.

Anyone have any ideas?
  • sorokonozhkasorokonozhka Posts: 20 Member
    The new app won't let us launch games while offline anymore even though we paid for them! And my app won't even connect now even though I have internet! Feel like poo, just want my sims back.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    @sorokonozhka I played offline on the EA App for the last week. I wasn't ready to install the update.

Are you getting an error message when you try to play offline?
  • SuperSillySimSuperSillySim Posts: 132 Member
    I am connected to the internet and now my game keeps crashing. Worked fine this morning ...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top