Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How is everyone doing with the infants?

I downloaded it as soon as it was available but I haven't done anything except do a baby/toddler room and a playroom. My sims kids are just teens right now. I didn't want to start over so I'm waiting but would love to hear what you all have been up to with it.

Comments

• KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    There area a few new interactions with babies and the infants are just a lot of fun to watch. I'll have to wait for the new feature glow to really say how good it is. I love it so far.
  • jmbhkc121284jmbhkc121284 Posts: 54 Member
    I'm honestly slightly disappointed...I feel like it could have been better. I mean, my first kid was a top-notch infant, but they shouldn't be tired moodlet-wise when the fill energy cheat is used and what the hell happened to daycare? It's totally gone! My sim self and my husband's sim self just left our infant (now toddler) daughter alone without the popup for call a sitter or go to daycare. quite a few bugs in it still too. At least the high chair is working right again!
    ~Holz

"I'm a Psychic, not a Saint."
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited March 2023
    I still haven't downloaded the patch. I'm hearing that the infants keep stretching, infant food preferences keep resetting, the mountain excursion at Mt.Komerobi has stopped working with the patch etc etc. I think I'll wait until they've done some patching of the patch lol.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    edited March 2023
    My alien sim had triplets born before growing together was released including a toddler from her husband's previous relationship. Age the triplets up to infants and so far it's been total chaos!
  • MikeymikedeluxeMikeymikedeluxe Posts: 43 Member
    Me too. I only just started playing Snowy Escape after getting the pack for Christmas. Not being able to do the rock climbing just for the sake of being lumbered with another baby stage is not for me.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Before EP they were fine to manage. After the GrT EP it’s challenging, parent sim doesn’t have time for themselves. I have only 1 infant but 2 toddlers and 3 adults in the household. I’m ignoring everyone else’s needs for that infant alone 😫
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I was not overly excited about infants, felt that they might be too much for me - but when my sim was holding her infant for the first time and I saw how small he was, I instantly changed my mind. I think they're adorable. I have only played a little, but this far it hasn't been too complicated. They also have a toddler.
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    Before EP they were fine to manage. After the GrT EP it’s challenging, parent sim doesn’t have time for themselves. I have only 1 infant but 2 toddlers and 3 adults in the household. I’m ignoring everyone else’s needs for that infant alone 😫

I agree. I'm waiting for a mod to tone their needs decay.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    I haven't had any extreme issues being realistic, their needs don't drop that much and the smallest place I've had one is an apartment so they are fairly easy to ignore, which sounds sad but if you weren't in the mood not much to the bad side of them. Though I have noticed my vampire infant drops hunger faster while sleeping than the rest of them so she woke up in the red. Other than that I enjoy them so I would be sad if they were toned down they are really easy on a schedule I guess.

Although if you want to make yourself crazy I have read that it's very different with multiples my sims just haven't had any yet.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Hate them their needs go down so quick and take up all my sims time. They do nothing and won’t play with any toys. I like family gameplay but never really wanted a freed baby as I was always happy with the newborn to toddler stages. Infants are giving me a headache with how needy they are and I’m not enjoying playing with them.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Hate them their needs go down so quick and take up all my sims time. They do nothing and won’t play with any toys. I like family gameplay but never really wanted a freed baby as I was always happy with the newborn to toddler stages. Infants are giving me a headache with how needy they are and I’m not enjoying playing with them.

I haven't downloaded the patch yet and have yet to play with infants, but from what I've read they are much like toddlers, and become less needy once they reach their milestones. Maybe you could buy a robot nanny to help you look after them?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    netney52 wrote: »

Sounds like how I feel sometimes with my 8 mos old granddaughter. 😄

Except for the 'hate' part. 🥰
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    Playing with the Bheeda household and they had a daughter Yasmine who rolled the sensitive trait. Best part about it is she’ll sleep for hours and can for the most part do it on her own without her parents soothing her first. She got the quirks, Picky Eater: a bit annoying cause she’ll refuse to eat even if she’s hungry, Happy Spitter: mainly cosmetic nothing game changing, and Early Riser: works perfectly since she sleeps through the night. I’m really enjoying discovering how to take care of the infants. Yasmine is so different from my other infant who was wiggly and could not get to sleep on her own. I’ve been in a sims rut and this took me right out.
  • Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 692 Member
    I am bored with them. The worst problem is the lack of ability to transport them. Infants force their caretakers to stay in the limited world that the infants exist in. Boring!

• manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    I am bored with them. The worst problem is the lack of ability to transport them. Infants force their caretakers to stay in the limited world that the infants exist in. Boring!

Are you not able to take infants everywhere with you? I thought that was one of the biggest perks of them? I haven't downloaded the update yet, so I'm not sure about how they work. If they can't travel with you, that sucks!
    edited March 2023
    I do believe they travel with you. Hence the changing station on community lots.

ETA:
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,821 Member
    Oh i am really sorry, but i am totally disapointed... i aged them already, toddlers are much more fun to play imho, infants they dont really do anything, pets do more than infants and i uninstalled cats & dogs lol. I would have hoped for alot more interactions and more than just the baby crying and filling up diapers ! But the whole update has been one traumatic experience for me, the next one i will wait it out ....
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
    @BetaMaxx what traits are your infants aging up to? Top Notch, Happy, or Neglected? Curious how simply aging up affects the trait.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    @jmbhkc121284 From what I've read, that moodlet staying is a feature, not a bug. When their energy need is low, they need sleep, but sometimes they'll need a nap just for... mental rest? It's like they're getting overstimulated, so they get that moodlet that means they need a cuddle and a nap (not in the bassinet).
  • plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 128 Member
    I love them! The game need desesperaly challenge, and this gives a bit of it, they feel like real babies!
    @BetaMaxx what traits are your infants aging up to? Top Notch, Happy, or Neglected? Curious how simply aging up affects the trait.

They both (twin girls) aged with the top notch trait !
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2023
    I've seen quite a few simmers disappointed that infants don't do anything but from all of the ones I've known babies quite literally don't do anything?
    Lol they eat, sleep, cry and go in the diaper until they are toddlers.
    It's really a nice thing that they gave us all of the bonus stuff to do with them!
    It's the same reason I never wanted babies because I figured they would be boring. However, this pack has long since changed my mind about them and I really love how they were implemented.
    I definitely won't be having a lot of babies but will be keeping one infant in the family from now on. ❤
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited March 2023
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    I love them! The game need desesperaly challenge, and this gives a bit of it, they feel like real babies!

You are right, im a little disapointed but its just a personal thing, i went over the top w toddlers so i really have alot of fun with the toddler stuff pack and i made a day care etc... so its really a personal preference, maybe cause im a guy but im glad that the lifestage was created for folks that really are into family gameplay ! They are cute, and loveable... and tbh my beef is with the pie menu part of the update... ciao4now ;)
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I tested out the new free baby update and created a new family with a new baby stage sim and a child stage sim and a young couple. The baby was cute for a little bit then the baby just became an endless stream of neediness and there were no more cute things happening. I could not keep the baby happy for more than a few minutes at a time. Not that much fun so I aged the baby up twice to skip over the toddler stage too.

The new babies are HUGE, I wasn't expecting that. It feels more like we have two stages of toddler but with even less control. The update added some very cute things but also kind of doubled down on the annoyance factor that is the baby and toddler life stage. I agree that the new babies' needs decay too quickly leaving no time for the other sims to do ANYthing else but baby care. It wasn't that fun to play. I feel very sorry for any older sim kid in the family because they'll get NO attention because the baby is so needy. Too much reality, not enough fun.

Another thing that stuck out was the M leg sitting position for babies, it's kind of weird looking, sitting with their little legs curving out in a kind of circle in front is more natural. Kids do the M leg sitting all the time though.

There are some very cute things the free update added to the game and I wish I could see more of them but I don't have the will to struggle with it. Not my thing, I guess.

• ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Finding them quite the challenge. But that's a good thing, it livens up the game. They're also adorable.
    Is anyone else experiencing getting triplets and twins? I've seen more born in the last 2 days than in 2 years, this can't be coincidence. Did they tweak it to make them more likely?
    One of mine has an annoying glitch where the animation for playing in a dresser or cabinet sticks to them, they have a cloud constantly round their head.