Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you kick out your Sim’s ‘Stay Over’ guests? [Growing Together]

FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
So I downloaded Grandpa Michaelson from the gallery, added him to the fam, and loaded up the lot. Almost immediately, Celeste got a phone call from some woman claiming to be a long lost relative. Cool, I’d been wanting to try the extended house guest feature or whatever anyway. I accept.

I went into the Sim profile of this alleged relative and it actually says she is her cousin. That’s a nice touch!

Things are going along well until Celeste gets another phone call from some old lady asking to stay over and give nannying advice since they have a new infant, Orion. I accept.

Shortly after the old lady showed up, the first house guest completely vanished off the lot (without her suitcase btw). But when I click on her face in the relationship panel and try to invite her to Stay Over, it says she’s still here. She is literally nowhere on the lot.

Well… Grandpa charmed and woohoo’d with the old lady and Orion just learned how to lift her head so now I’m ready for her to go home. But I don’t see any kind of option to send her home early or anywhere that tells me how much longer she will stay. She just naps in the rocking chair. I still have 2 suitcases by the front door. She keeps flirting with Grandpa but he’s over her. That’s dead.

TLDR: How do I kick out my Sim’s stay over guests early?

Comments

• Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    Think you have to use the calender
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Lilia1971 wrote: »

I remember them saying if you schedule a Stay Over event, you can cancel it ahead of time from the calendar. But mine is currently active. However, I did check the calendar and didn’t see it up there to cancel.
  • Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    Oh sorry. I don’t know them. In the videos I’ve seen I’ve just seen them use calender. Not tried it myself yet.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    You can cancel the event on the calender, if you asked them to do anything you may need them to finish (the option will be greyed out).
    zeDQa5u.png
    I didn't see this until he stopped relaxing, which I asked him, he left his suitcase this way but you can just get rid of it.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    You can also move the fridge/stove, etc to house inventory, and they will leave soon after that.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Future wrote: »

I remember them saying if you schedule a Stay Over event, you can cancel it ahead of time from the calendar. But mine is currently active. However, I did check the calendar and didn’t see it up there to cancel.

It may not show on the actual calendar but look over on the left side and it should be listed there.
    edited March 2023
    You can cancel the event on the calender, if you asked them to do anything you may need them to finish (the option will be greyed out).
    zeDQa5u.png
    I didn't see this until he stopped relaxing, which I asked him, he left his suitcase this way but you can just get rid of it.

Ok I found it on the calendar on the side, clicked the trash can icon and it said they were leaving. Thanks!

Screenshot-62.png
    edited March 2023
    So far so good!
    Post edited by Future on
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    Mine left when I closed the game and restarted. Had a family of four that got into yfights and ate all my food.
    rudolpha wrote: »
    Mine left when I closed the game and restarted. Had a family of four that got into yfights and ate all my food.

Sounds like a nightmare! Lol

I switched to a different household and as soon as I aged up the newborn into an infant, my Sim got a phone call from her parents saying they were coming over to help with the baby. And both elderly parents showed up with suitcases and stayed for 5 days. I actually fixed up a guest room for them and could assign them to the double bed and everything.

What was interesting was they both would leave to go to work still. Then when they came back, they’d help out with the infant and cook and clean. It was pretty nice!
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member
    My sim self’s alien granddaughter’s grandmother arrived to stay at hers the moment I installed the game. She did a good job of helping out. While my sim self’s granddaughter’s husband was out on another lot on gig, I got a pop up to say the stay over has now finished and the stay over guest has now gone home. I get back to the lot and the guest was gone along with suitcase.
    Brd709 wrote: »
    My sim self’s alien granddaughter’s grandmother arrived to stay at hers the moment I installed the game. She did a good job of helping out. While my sim self’s granddaughter’s husband was out on another lot on gig, I got a pop up to say the stay over has now finished and the stay over guest has now gone home. I get back to the lot and the guest was gone along with suitcase.

Good to know they still leave even when you’re off the lot. My Sim’s guests always leave their suitcases behind. Unfortunately, when I sell them I realize they’re worth $0 lol.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member

Good to know they still leave even when you’re off the lot. My Sim’s guests always leave their suitcases behind. Unfortunately, when I sell them I realize they’re worth $0 lol.

I thought the suitcase was a very nice touch. I wonder if it stays in their sim inventory? I'll switch over to my sim self's house to see if his alien daughter's grandmother has it in her inventory.
  • itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    Aaaaaand this is why I keep all their phones on mute and never answer them lmao

I’m intrigued by the long lost relative though, that’s cool! I might try that out at some point.
  • iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member

Similar situation for me, with a new Alien baby, but it wasn't a grandparent. Eleanor Sullivan offered to stay to help care of the baby, saying young couples might need assistance. I paired up an Alien I created with Jess Sigworth in Strangerville. She actually has been helpful, though the Free Love NAP has been a slight problem, as she's been trying to romance Jess. She also sometimes picks up the baby at the worst times, like right after I put her down to sleep. I was tempted to kick her out, but it's Friday and the Schedule says the Stay Over is set to end on Friday, so I'll just ride it out.
    9ndehwc.png
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    zeDQa5u.png

Ok I found it on the calendar on the side, clicked the trash can icon and it said they were leaving. Thanks!

Screenshot-62.png

Ohh that is great. Thank you :)

Have my first stay over planned in the calendar but I was a little bit worried since it was for so many days.