Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infos about bonus content

alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
I want to buy GT in 2 hours but am still unsure if I should (and can) used my credit card in the EA App or if I use an Amazon gift card from christmas. Anyways the question is: are they any infos if the bonus content will be automatically delivered to all buyers this time or will Amazon and other buyers have to talk to the customer service again?

Comments

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @alanmichael1 considering how much trouble you had with Amazon last time, as well as how long it took to resolve, I'd say go with the credit card. Or use Paypal if you have an account and have enough money in the account linked to it.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited March 2023
    Starfree wrote: »
    @alanmichael1 considering how much trouble you had with Amazon last time, as well as how long it took to resolve, I'd say go with the credit card. Or use Paypal if you have an account and have enough money in the account linked to it.

Certainly a good advice, but the last time I wanted to use my Visa card, the EA App was unable to execute the European two-step-verification system. I never had this problem on Origin before.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I generally use gift cards from EA (used to be origin gift cards) or paysafe cards. Both are available at a local supermarket. No need to enter a credit card. Now if EA ever allows debit cards like maestro I will pay online. But until then I will stick to the methods listed above.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    @alanmichael1
    For the 2 factor verification it may work correctly if you buy directly from the EA Sims site, this is what I'll probably do as I just know the App won't display that pop up and it'll go wrong for me. I suspect the site may be more secure.

Scrapdash wrote: »
    @alanmichael1
    For the 2 factor verification it may work correctly if you buy directly from the EA Sims site, this is what I'll probably do as I just know the App won't display that pop up and it'll go wrong for me. I suspect the site may be more secure.

Thank you, I will try this next time. For all other Amazon buyers: I didn't find the bonus content in my game although there is even an advertisement for it on the Amazon product page:

agusjUO.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Eek, I bought it through the EA App and it kept my card details, including the security code, and I didn't want it to. When I went to buy a kit afterwards it just instantly took the payment without any verification and I do not like that in case my account got hacked.

Does anyone know a way I can remove my payment information?
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Eek, I bought it through the EA App and it kept my card details, including the security code, and I didn't want it to. When I went to buy a kit afterwards it just instantly took the payment without any verification and I do not like that in case my account got hacked.

Does anyone know a way I can remove my payment information?

I went to my profile/account settings on https://www.ea.com/ There you can delete payment info or change it.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    How did you EA buyers get the bonus content? Was it included in the pack or is it a stand-alone pack?
    edited March 2023
    I just bought the pack and when I got an email confirmation it showed it kind of separate but with the word 'included':
    Screenshot%202023-03-16%20192458.jpg?dl=0

Edit: where's my manners? thank you @Bluegayle
    Ah, thanks. So here we go again to the customer service :D
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    I just bought it off Amazon and got an extra code for the bonus content.
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    There is simply too much traffic. They are working on it.
    At least the customer advisor was polite this time, although I'm not sure if he understood my problem. He said thousands of customers didn't get their bonus and they were working on a fix ...
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I just bought the pack and when I got an email confirmation it showed it kind of separate but with the word 'included':
    Screenshot%202023-03-16%20192458.jpg?dl=0

Edit: where's my manners? thank you @Bluegayle

LOL You are very welcome.

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    I preordered the pack using the EA app and my bonus content was automatically installed at the same time as the pack. I didn't have to do anything.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I don't have the bonus content this time around for some reason, even though I got it for High School Years and Cottage Living. I'm guessing they've changed their conditions for what qualifies for the bonus content?
    I chatted with the Amazon customer service and showed them their own product page. Perhaps they come up with a code.
    I chatted with the Amazon customer service and showed them their own product page. Perhaps they come up with a code.

I hope you can get it sorted.

When I bought cottage living I didn't get my bonus stuff and did the online chat with EA and they released it onto my account (I had bought the pack elsewhere). At that time I believe EA had 2 different versions of the pack on each account, one which had the bonus items included and one which didn't. Although I bought the pack in the time frame I had ended up with a code for the one without the bonus content and the EA rep had to release the other version on my account.
    Holiday wrote: »
    I don't have the bonus content this time around for some reason, even though I got it for High School Years and Cottage Living. I'm guessing they've changed their conditions for what qualifies for the bonus content?
    I believe it depends where you buy it. I buy a lot of my games at CD Keys, for instance, but I now know you do not get the bonus content if you buy from them so if I want the bonus items I buy from EA.

They have a list of approved retailers. For example, in the UK it is only Amazon or GAME (or EA themselves, of course).
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    for the bonus content I didn't get a pop up I found the swingset and slide in the buildmode and the bonus walker you choose in game when setting sim's preferred carrier.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I believe it depends where you buy it. I buy a lot of my games at CD Keys, for instance, but I now know you do not get the bonus content if you buy from them so if I want the bonus items I buy from EA.

They have a list of approved retailers. For example, in the UK it is only Amazon or GAME (or EA themselves, of course).

Yes that's what I meant, I assumed they had changed the list of retailers as I had bought all 3 packs from CD Keys and this is the only pack I've not received the bonus content for which is ashame, but not the end of the world.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,333 EA Community Manager

Not agaaaaiiin :(

Curious on this, did you get the game code delivered via email or was it provided on the Amazon site?
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    its weird i bought the game at 1:30 est and still got the bonus content tho - when i was installing the game on xbox saw it there - what comes with bonus content?
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Not agaaaaiiin :(

Curious on this, did you get the game code delivered via email or was it provided on the Amazon site?

Both, I got it via email first and it's also visible in my Amazon game library.

I'm really sorry that I always complain after buying on Amazon, but as I said, the new EA App doesn't verify my German Visa card and I refuse to drive to town by car just to buy a wallet card in the 21st century.

For everyone interested in the issue, here is the official help thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Growing-together-code-and-preorder-content-issues-sims-4/td-p/12390016
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2023

Yes that's what I meant, I assumed they had changed the list of retailers as I had bought all 3 packs from CD Keys and this is the only pack I've not received the bonus content for which is ashame, but not the end of the world.

Same. I ordered from CD Keys (per usual) and this time did not receive the bonus content. Bummer

Which is odd when you think about it because the advertisement says as long as the game is ordered by some time in April, you should receive the bonus content. It would be reasonable to assume this meant everyone who ordered from anywhere before that April date would receive the content.
    Post edited by Future on