Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited March 2023
    It took a while, but here is the next update.

Chapter 20.5 - Onébegajávvre (Lake Onebega) - May 2023: Wildfire, part II..
    My name was grown from stones. The grey stones of the mountains.

mx01GAK.jpg

It's exam day for all the students in town, and fire is the first thing on Oliver Freddys mind as he wakes up this morning... He has been a good student, and is pretty confident his exam will go well. He is still young, so maybe tonight he will set something on fire. Not the entire world, perhaps, but something a little more localized.. no, not the kitchen either... a bonfire in the backyard should do. ;)

UMufiYD.jpg

He was the first one of everyone on the dorm to wake up, so he got to eat his breakfast in peace.. until Cody showed up. I'm trying to tell a story here, but even I don't know everything that happens behind the scenes.. It became one of the themes of this day, that whenever Cody was nearby, everyone showed disapproval of him, but I don't know what he has done to get this reaction from people...

3RrqXQH.jpg

Inge didn't mind him though. She thought it was nice to have a moment of togetherness eating breakfast, before she had to run off to her exam. At the end of her second year at university, the people she shares a dorm had in a way become her family away from family...

k4vzREF.jpg

If the weather held up, maybe she could go fishing with Samantha later. She still thought about her since their meeting last month, and hoped she was doing alright. She had a feeling Samantha wasn't telling her everything. Well, it wasn't just a feeling. It was pretty obvious there was something Samantha hadn't told her. She was hoping to earn her trust and that she would eventually open up about whatever it was...

RkZg9NW.jpg

Oliver Freddys exam wasn't until after lunch, so he had plenty of time to relax and actually go fishing.. He hadn't fished around here before, so he didn't know where the best fishing spot was, but as Senior Lake was the biggest lake he knew (apart from the lake that gave the place it's name...), he thought it should be a good spot with plenty of fish.

5qndVSl.jpg

He managed to catch a couple of ray-finned-fish before he ran out of bait and decided to call it quits. He wasn't happy about either catch and it looked like he considered throwing them out again as he held them up to gauge their weight and quality. They were only average quality fish, and of course he was hoping for something better. Not because he wanted to cook them, but because he wanted to gather the best possible scientific data. One day he would show those professors that always rejected his findings.. one day... He still kept the fish though, maybe something good could come out of them, and if not, atleast he would gain experience before the big find...

crcmMvF.jpg

With plenty more time to kill he went over to the Coffee Shop (passing by a house known as "The Grey Junior house" on the way) 'to relax a little more reading a book about a day in the life of a plantsim...

vZ7wxnG.jpg

Plantsims? The book was written as if plantsims was something that existed, and the foreword even suggested that with a high enough skill in science or by planting a certain special seed one could possibly even grow or create a plantsim.. Oliver Freddy dismissed the idea as fictional. It sounded like something his aunt Monica would come up with in one of her ramblings... It wasn't even pseudoscience, but he found it an entertaining read nonetheless. There's plenty of people around, sure, but they're not growing on trees...

In the foreground is Vuolle Onébegajávrre (Karoliinás father) talking to Ashley Corono about the legend of the three wildfires that is said to one day consume and end the town.. The legend is one that has been passed down through generations. It's origin is unclear, but archeologists and historians has so far concluded that it might stem from a forest fire that almost decimated the entire town somewhere between 800 and 900 CE.

KISITi6.jpg

Vuolle is then backed up by his wife Márjánna sharing the same legend, but Ashley (who is not a local) dismisses the entire thing as nonsense and doesn't want to hear more about it..

QFsuS44.jpg

Flowers are much more effective than old legends steeped in dubious lore... I can only assume he's not to serious about this, given that his wife is also present...

Continues in spoiler.
    Dn6AjOG.jpg

Over by the art institute, Inge just passed her exam with flying colours. Hooray. ;) Inge is on her way over the entrance on the other side of the building to meet up with Samantha (who also passed her exam). It was clear to everyone that took part in the exam this morning that there was something different about Samantha today. It wasn't excactly what Inge had expected... Maybe Oliver Freddy was on to something when he would say that he could hear wolves howling whenever there was a full moon... Could it really be that Samantha was a.... ? How was that even possible? This was a level of being different that Inge hadn't seen before....

Samantha was already seated by a desk in the back of the room when Inge entered. Inge tried to get eye contact, but Samantha was seemingly busy carefully laying out her pencils on the desk while waiting for the cue to open the exam papers...

KvtjVj6.jpg

Samanthas new appearance didn't make Inge any less curious and she still wanted to become better friends with her. Well, that and after they had connected so well just the other day, she couldn't just begin to ignore her.. Inge knew very well what it meant to be ignored, so she couldn't do that to anyone almost no matter how different they were.. So there was only one thing to do, to brave it and approach Samantha...

As it was raining pretty heavily by the time their exam ended, Inge thought it best to invite her home to do Inges favore thing, to watch tv sitting on the couch, instead of going fishing. That was atleast one of the reasons Inge told herself to justify not going fishing alone with Samantha..

EuyYvG9.jpg

While Inge and Samantha is fast on their way to the De Anda Hall, its time for Oliver Freddy to put away the book about plantsims and head for his exam in the science building just across the road.. and maybe on the way he will get an answer to the question of whether it is most fruitful to run or walk through the rain.. what keeps you most dry? :P

JvJxJh0.jpg

Samantha would no doubt win that competion. Not only is she using an umbrella, she is also a much faster runner.. Inge has to struggle to keep up. Such power! Inge is impressed, but also a little intimidated by her new friend.

9p5TaZV.jpg

When they arrive at the dorm Samantha announces that she is hungry like a .. well, you know. Inge doesn't want to upset Samantha, so she immediately goes to prepare the best lunch meal she can make, a fine omelette with mushrooms..

BHhImmB.jpg

All those hours spent watching the cooking channel on tv has paid off. Samantha really enjoys the meal in umm... her own way, and Inge gets her wish and Samantha accepts her as one of her best and most trusted friends.
    I'll admit I'm not entirely comfortable with how Samanthas eating is portrayed here. If I were just writing without using screenshots, I wouldn't have described it as this animalistic, but then again, if this wasn't based on the sims universe I probably wouldn't even have werewolves in the first place...

mwrWLOd.jpg

After they are now both well fed, they can do what Inge wants to do. Watch tv and talk about homes and family...

33FlFTh.jpg

While they are watching tv, Oliver Freddy returns home from his exam after having passed with flying colours as well (like he knew he would), and now finally is the time for him to arrange a bonfire party.. Rain or shine, though he hopes the rain will let up soon...

JlXtFbJ.jpg

He's not going all out with the extravagant coloured lights and decorations like his girlfriend Inge did, but the juice keg is still there, along with a buffet table and the mandatory plastic cups.. now placed on a shelf instead of a table, so that people won't complain about the table being unaccessible when they want to eat because a plastic cup was in the way....

K9mjDEq.jpg

Samantha was of course also invited to the party, since she was already in the building and since she had made such good friends with Inge. After they had finished watching tv she decided to tell a joke at her own expense. She can do that, not sure if anyone else should. :P

yTWf4uq.jpg

Inge appreciates that Samantha is able to laugh at herself for being different, as well as appreciating that Samantha has enough trust in Inge to tell such a joke, and decides to give her a warm and friendly hug.

5uDIfEN.jpg

Guests should be arriving soon, so it's time for Oliver Freddy to light the fire and serve the food, hoping that the fire won't be put out by the rain...
    0XtsTPf.jpg

It took a while for the rain to let up, and I think Oliver Freddy must have been worried about his party guests being hungry, because he had decided to order a pizza while everyone was still inside filling the hallway with random university slogan cheers.. :P

BlqFRzq.jpg

Inge had been in the dining room conversing and joking with Samantha when Debbie Richards joined the conversation.

Js862dD.jpg

Meanwhile the rain had come to an end, and Oliver Freddy had gotten a pretty decent bonfire going. Now the party could begin as intended.. ;)

PH1GFLM.png

Inge had gone outside to check out the bonfire, which left Samantha alone with Debbie. Samantha then wanted to say hi to Debbie in her own way, but Debbie wasn't to appreciative of this and now it was Samanthas turn to be put in her place...

Ri0DWjm.jpg

This proved to be a pretty big wedge in the relationship between Samantha and Debbie, and Samantha would take to dislike Debbie for atleast the rest of the evening... Time to head outside and join the others watching the fire...

DEZjPmu.jpg

Now that Inge had become good friends with Samantha, she walked inside to greet Nicole and give her a second chance after she ditched them before the last time they tried to hang out..

zkIq8gZ.jpg

Inges talking to Nicole was interrupted by Oliver Freddy finally deciding to serve the pizza and have everyone sit down to eat..

KgQbmi9.jpg

There was an empty seat next to Debbie, but Samantha sure as hell wasn't going to use that one!

Ds3K2hP.jpg

Sitting next to Nicole, though she had her quirks, was much better...

eY1QF8a.jpg

Billy Jean Sparks was sitting on a table all alone as she confessed her interest in Jonathan Dirk.. and I don't know where the sandwich came from.. :P
    I didn't see Billy Jean try to make a move on him, though, nor did she cause a scene.. Maybe she is just a girl who thinks he is the one.... or maybe she just followed some strong advice, and remembered to always think twice... :P

STOncI1.jpg

After everyone had eaten it was time to gather around the and enjoy the warmth from the fire outside again. The rest of the party went by relatively peacefully, noone passed out on the lawn, the police didn't arrive to do a lousy job and contrary to what I had expected there wasn't a single streaker in sight... Almost a stark contrast to the party Inge threw earlier, but as long as everyone had a good time, that is what matters the most. ;)

EGYqm8V.jpg

Oliver Freddy wasn't done sciencing, and wanted to perform some tests on Debbie, which included testing her reflexes. Good catch! :P

qHvPw6u.jpg

..and then he went inside to study on the computer! Come on, man.. what are you doing? You're done for the semester, this has no purpose! ;)
    "I'm just trying to get a head start for the next semester..."

Right, well, as you wish...

9cuW1X7.jpg

People outside were still enjoying the bonfire, and Inge was thinking about the fishing trip with Samantha.. Now that it didn't rain, however, it was probably a little late for that now..

lLVZwNM.jpg

Even though Inge got out of bed after her boyfriend, she felt like she had been up since early morning, and decided to call it a night...

6dgmKMN.jpg

Oliver Freddy was also getting tired, but now that Inge had gone to bed he thought he could take his turn to bond with Samantha as well.

phQ6AM4.jpg

Or so I thought, because the next thing he does is pretty bold as he asks her for a DNA sample.. It appears that everything he does one way or another revolves around science.. I'm also surprised that Samantha actually lets him do it.. I would have imagined that she wouldn't just let her DNA get sampled like that, like she was some kind of object to be performed research upon...
    I suppose Oliver Freddy being Inges boyfriend would automatically give him a few trust points...

XDiHMyR.jpg

Well, congratulations Oliver Freddy.. with this sample, maybe you can learn something about a Grey's anatomy.... He is a medical student after all, and if he can figure out something useful, it might be of benefit to the Greys too...

ru9eoqD.jpg

The party was coming to an end soon, and people were just about to leave when Samantha went inside to give Ruby Parks a last helping hand with juice keg.. and being very vocal about what she thought about Debbie..

QpQ0rJz.jpg

That was pretty much the last of it. There were a few that didn't enjoy the party as much, but Ruby, Samantha and Debbie could all agree that atleast they had a good time. ;)

trvSa08.jpg

d1zgEBu.jpg

It was now only Jeffrey Dean and Che Justice still wanted to keep the fire going, but as Oliver Freddy has also joined his girlfriend in bed, I think its time this one ends here and we'll see them again tomorrow when they go back to Sunset Valley for summer...

irs5VTC.jpg

Good night. ;)

I can take all the blame, for the sake of my name
    Our blood on your hands, running hot in the veins
    They say: "Do yourself well and stay away from your family" - what!?

Wildfire, part II: One with the mountain – Sonata Arctica
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    edited March 2023
    Wow, it's been a while since I've actually commented on this thread. I am like 7 pages behind on feedback, going back into February. Instead of trying to comment on posts over a month ago, I'll just read those pages, then start commenting on posts from this month. I have just not felt the urge to post lately, I kind of just needed a break from the game and the forums for the most part. Anyway, during the time I've been away, I lost my uncle. He was my dad's brother and was only 56 when he died. Years ago, he had lung cancer from smoking and they removed one of his lungs. He went several years with only one lung. Luckily, I was able to see him in December at my brother's college graduation party. On another note, tomorrow is my 32nd birthday. The weather isn't supposed to be that great tomorrow so instead, I went out for pizza today instead. Last night, I messed around in Sims 4 a bit to see what the infant update is like. I played the Goth Family and had Bella get pregnant. She ended up having twins but they are still at what the game is calling the newborn stage. I've yet to actually play with the new infants yet. As for Sims 3, I have updates to share from the last time I played, back in February. I will post them at some point today.

Edit: Oh yeah, in my last post, I mentioned I was saving for a new phone. Well, I finally upgraded from an iPhone 6S to an iPhone 11. It was an early birthday present to myself. My brother bought me a phone case and screen protector for it the day it arrived so I'd have that, as I didn't have quite enough at the moment to get those accessories.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    Identity wrote: »
    Aww thank you @ButterWafflesAR 😊 that's super kind of you! That's my fav screenie as well. I'm not great at screenshots but I'm slowly learning and getting better. I hope. 🤔😋

Ooo I love your screenshots. The one of Emily and Fortune (I used to ride a horse called Fortune!) on the snowy hill against the darkening sky looks fabulous! 🙂
    I like the house as well though. It looks like Scooby Doo should live there LMAO 🤣 I would think there's a ghost or two in the cellar...
    Definitely the sort of house which Sims vanish in, never too be heard or seen, ever again...

So cool. I look forward to your next update. 😁🙂

I think your screenshots look great! But if it makes you feel better, I'm still learning too. Sometimes I forget to put all the walls up before taking a picture, so it looks like half my house is missing walls. :D
    It does!! I can see Scooby and Shaggy rummaging through the fridge, then getting spooked by a ghost. :open_mouth: If I remember correctly, I think the sim that lives there is elderly. I've been playing this save for sometime in-game days, so she might be ghost already. I'll have to investigate further next time I send my sim out. :D

Thanks!! I'm looking forward to more of your updates as well! I love reading about people's playthroughs. It like reading a visual novel with different stories and outcomes. You never know what is going to happen next. :)
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
    Wow, it's been a while since I've actually commented on this thread. I am like 7 pages behind on feedback, going back into February. Instead of trying to comment on posts over a month ago, I'll just read those pages, then start commenting on posts from this month.

I think that's fine, don't push yourself to make a comment. I have never been able to comment on everything in this thread myself, sometimes (a lot of the time) I think that's not doable. I do admire those that somehow can do it, but I have since long concluded that I can't make a comment on everything. I tried to make as many comments as I could earlier on, but lately I have hardly made any because I have often been tired from work, I just come in here and made my posts about my game most of the time... I think, comment when you feel like it, and if not, well...
    I have just not felt the urge to post lately, I kind of just needed a break from the game and the forums for the most part.
    I totally get that. Sometimes it's hard to get motivated to post, and sometimes even play.
    Anyway, during the time I've been away, I lost my uncle. He was my dad's brother and was only 56 when he died. Years ago, he had lung cancer from smoking and they removed one of his lungs. He went several years with only one lung. Luckily, I was able to see him in December at my brother's college graduation party.

I am sorry for your loss, cancer isn't very cool.. (I actually know, or rather knew, someone who also had their lung removed for the very same reason, though it's four years ago now that he died. It was around this time of year too.)
    On another note, tomorrow is my 32nd birthday. The weather isn't supposed to be that great tomorrow so instead, I went out for pizza today instead. Last night, I messed around in Sims 4 a bit to see what the infant update is like. I played the Goth Family and had Bella get pregnant. She ended up having twins but they are still at what the game is calling the newborn stage. I've yet to actually play with the new infants yet. As for Sims 3, I have updates to share from the last time I played, back in February. I will post them at some point today.

Oh, happy birthday in advance! ;) So there are other thirty-somethings on here, too... :P :P
    I haven't tried to play Sims 4 yet, even if I can get it for free, haven't felt the need to, but I'll look forward to your Sims 3 updates. ;)
    th1das9.png
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @Brandontaylor Sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle. :cry: {{{Hugs}}} I'm glad you got to see him before he passed. I had no idea people could live with one lung :open_mouth: so that's pretty incredible!

And Happy Birthday! 🎉 Our birthdays are close together. ;) I'm turning 38 on Sunday. :flushed: How did I get this old? :lol: I hope you have a great birthday even though the weather might not be great. Pizza is the best! 🍕 :yum: Have fun playing with the toddlers on Sims 4! :)

Oh and seriously no worries at all about not being able to comment on posts. It's totally fine! <3 Have you seen me making any comments lately? :lol: I mean, I would love to, the way I used to, but now that I have a part-time job, I'm just too busy to do it as much now. But if I have time to do it, I will. If not, oh well. It's a very nice thing to do, but people aren't expecting it the way some people made others feel about it in the past. So you're ok. :kissing_heart: It's all good in the sims thread hood! :mrgreen: I'm just happy to hear from everyone and see their posts when they can make it on here. :blush: That's good enough for me.

Hope y'all are doing well. Keep the posts coming. 💜 I've been enjoying them as always.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited March 2023
    My next update is in preparation, and a pop up made me discover that I had made a mistake in my last one which I think I have to correct..

zVuhcw0.png

I introduced Márjánná and Vuolle as mother and son, when they are in fact husband and wife.... My apologies. :P So, Vuoelle than is Karoliinas father, not her brother.. This makes him handing flowers to Ashley in front of his wife also a little dubious, not just the old story they told.. Hmm...

Karoliina also does have a brother, but now I forgot what his name was.. but he will be mentioned if he makes an appearance, because he is in the world somewhere.. :P Edit: .. his name is Lásse, I had written it down on a piece of paper.. :P

Anyway, when I make new sims, I always make one male and one female, since I always strive to have an equal number of both, so in case of making family members, it's gonna be brother/sister or husband/wife, and in case I make a sim that is not married and without siblings, I will usually make another one either male or female in that sims age group anyway. :P
    th1das9.png
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member

Hey everyone, it's me and I'm still alive and kicking. Just been lurking in this thread and handing out Likes or Awesomes... :)

So today, I've decided to add my NRaas mods back into my game. I've been at it all day as I kept having an issue where the game would crash back to the desktop after launching it. Well I've figured out what was causing it, it was a mod that I was missing that's suppose to be downloaded and installed. I had added the Master Controlled Progression mode but not the Story Progression mod. OOPIES... :blush: So now the SP mod is in and I got the game up and running. YAY me... :smiley:

Of course I still need to add my ATS3 cc back in but can't do that now as I need to remove my old hard drive out from my old PC and hook up my Wavlink docking station that allows me to plug in my old hard drive to my new computer and transfer stuff from it to the new hard drive. My old saves are over on the old HD as well, so they will be transferred over helpfully soon. But anyhow, I'm slowly getting my game back up and running as I've been playing World of Warcraft a lot since the new EP dropped last year. I haven't even been in TS4 to see what infants look like in there even though I've been in a couple of times just to update the game but haven't played any of my sims yet so that they can try for baby, so maybe one of these days I will do that... :)

So I will leave you with a couple of pictures that I had taken from a save that I had created last month in Isla Paradiso. Since I don't have my SS and her husband over there yet, I've created some for here giving them our middle names. And when I do get in to play, I'm going to try my best not to use the money cheat so that they have more money. I will just let them get jobs to see how far they can get with their earnings and such... :)
    RWFVdULl.jpg
    BEf3UBwl.jpg
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @Brandontaylor First, Happy Birthday.
    Second, I'm so sorry to read about your Uncle. Virtual hugs!
    Finally, never apologize for not posting a lot. As the long time folks on this thread know about me, I don't post regularly. I play SIMS for a few months then life gets in the way or I'm doing something else. and I'm not around. We all have our speed.

I WISH I could comment all the time. Giving encouragement to all and comment on individual stories, but I don't have the mental capacity to do so, since I play in the evening when I'm done with work and house stuff.

To all the long time regulars (you know who you are) I read your posts. I LOVE your pictures.

To @everyone newbies, long time players and those in between, I see your posts. I get inspiration from everyone. Many times, I'll come to the boards to keep up (or try to) with this thread and one (or more!) post something super amazing and it ignites my creativity to play and off I go.

My favorite thing about SIMS is that you can take breaks and come back or not! SIMS 3 especially is suited for casual play and I love that.

@emorrill in case i don't get to it ON the day....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! PONY HUGS!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,346 Member

I just started the Klepto King Challenge by MrMike on modthesims (or Klepto Queen :wink: ). I have only played a few in-game days so far and don't have any screenshots or anything to share yet.

I had modified my Origin file to prevent it from updating, but apparently, it doesn't work and I am forced to update. I made the mistake of going online (doh!). I am in the middle of creating a world, and from what I have read, I will no longer be able to use Edit in Game in Create a World with the EA app. I am disappointed.

The reason I have been absent on the forums for the past two weeks:
    I mentioned on March 6th that my hubby was in the hospital 2 hours from home. Our local hospital doesn't have any neurologists or neurosurgeons on staff so he was sent here by ambulance because of the findings of his CT scan. He spent 10 days in the hospital here. According to the neurologist he had been seeing in the hospital, he has Guillain-Barre syndrome, and he has had an IV treatment for that. Now he is in a rehab facility trying to regain his strength.

Originally, he had extreme weakness in his legs and was unable to stand or walk, had back pain and spasms from a fall because of this, had facial paralysis on both sides causing difficulty swallowing and talking, as well as shortness of breath with the slightest exertion.

Currently, he is able to stand for 5-10 seconds and transfer from a seated position to his bed and back with minimal assistance (it took 2 people to assist him in the beginning). His back spasms are gone and his pain level is tolerable without meds. The facial paralysis is slowly subsiding and he is back on normal foods and can say "peanut butter" (this is a vast improvement as he was unable to close his lips at all in the beginning). He still has some breathing issues but is doing breathing exercises to help improve that.

He's gained some strength in his right thigh and is finally able to lift his foot off the floor a few inches while seated. We celebrate even small victories. Now that he doesn't need speech therapy any longer, we are hopeful that he can transfer back to the local hospital for physical therapy. We will be discussing it with his doctor in the morning.

At first, based on the CT scan, they thought it was the spinal stenosis in his L4-L5 area, but there were too many other things that weren't caused by that. The neurosurgeon made an appointment for May to address that issue and decide if he can do surgery to correct it.
    My goodness @texansky ! Lots and lots of healing and strength thoughts to you and Hubby. *hugs*
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    Great updates everyone,

I have been busy testing the new s4 infants update, and have not played much s3 this week, I also play Hogwarts legacy and I'm a slow gamer so it will take time before that one is done.

edited March 2023
    Chapter 20.6 - Onébegajávvre (Lake Onebega) – June 2023: Cycle of stones.

YnV4xwN.jpg

It's a lovely June morning by the lake as the last of the migratory birds have returned to the mountains for the summer..

hx4IXhR.jpg

..and Inge and Oliver Freddy are looking sweet in their sleep. ;)

2wVyifg.png

Inge wakes up first to check her report card, and it's no secret she did well, even in the course about the theory of song, which was, luckily just theory and not practice. Hooray! Just not so loud, your boyfriend is still sleeping! ;)

LizNYQw.jpg

Then it's time for breakfast where she sits down next to Jonathan Dirk. He didn't need to read a fortune cookie to know that this was going to be a special day for him.. (but in the days waiting for his exam results he had frantically done so anyway, and secretly browsing the web for any horoscope he could find! ;) ) He felt a lot more relaxed now that he could happily tell Inge that he had passed his last course for his degree in sports, and that he would finally get his robe and diploma at this semester graduation ceremony!

4UPNXno.jpg

Ayana had received the same positive news as Jonathan this morning, that she too had passed her final exam, and would later be awarded her diploma for her degree in communication. No more studying, and soon it will be time to find a job.. but first she thought she could finally get to clean up this place a little. ;)

1YuNWHm.jpg

Inge would then seize the opportunity while her boyrfriend was still sleeping to finish the painting she started just before christmas last year. It was a pretty big painting, so it took a long time to complete..

KQNE2j6.png

When Oliver Freddy woke up to check his exam results he was equally as nervous as his girlfriend, but he wouldn't need to worry to much. No doubt would his mom (and probably his aunt too) be very proud of these results. :P

QP18uve.png
    Their report card.
    Report card dictionary.
    Simnavn = Sim name.
    Karakter for semester = Semester grade.
    Studiepoeng = Credits (Literal: Study points).
    Totalkarakter = Total grade.
    Kunst = Art.
    Medisin = Medicine. (... surprised? :P)
    Kommunikasjon = Communication.
    Teknologi = Technology.
    Økonomi = Finance.
    Idrett = Sports.

Skip Taylor didn't do very well. I don't know what he has been up to, but he can't have been studying much.. maybe if he got rid of those sun glasses he is always wearing he would be able to actually read something. ;)

GlfcQsu.jpg

Inge reached level 8 of the painting skill and just manage to finish her painting, which she named simply "Sunset in December", and hang it up on the wall before the graduation ceremony started. She wasn't perfectly happy about it though, thinking it looked pretty average. Next time, she thought, maybe she should use more oil paint and less water color. She thought it looked a little to much like something she could have painted when she was still in elementary school, but then again, one is always ones own worst critic.. I think it's fine. A little pink, but fine. ;)

TeS9yUe.jpg

This is a big day for Ayana and Jonathan. Don't be nervous, it's just a graduation ceremony.. it will be just fine. ;)

Continues in spoiler.

qQupk5F.jpg

Professor Madeleine Noetal is always happy to watch students graduating. :P

ucMqLoL.png

Entering their graduation ceremony. So cute. ;) Jonathan really does look a little nervous here... "I hope I won't trip and fall when I walk up to receive it, I hope I won't trip and fall, I hope I won't..."
    Relax man! I'm sure it'll be alright! You're graduating! This is a day of joy and celebration! ;)

G6eeYRV.jpg

Of course, Inge and Oliver Freddy joined them as well to watch their graduation ceremony. ;)

There were many graduates and the ceremony took quite a while to finish, so while it was going on I made an attempt to zoom in and capture what went on outside, but unfortunately then the skies came tumbling down and the mainframe of the Matrix crashed to it's desktop and whatever happened out there was forever erased from the mysterious aether before it could even begin to be etched into the stones of history.....

yjCAn0e.jpg

Fortunately, though, a back up system was in place and Ayana and Jonathan still got their diplomas, with Jonathan claiming afterwards to have had one of those strange déjà vu moments that he sometimes has.. Well, I don't know... I have no idea what he is talking about there...

9exgQgV.jpg

Ayana is so cute, she even kisses her diploma. ;)

ereVFXV.jpg

Oliver Freddy and Inge both took their turns to congratule the newly graduates afterwards, and have a bit of talk with them.

gW8Wchy.jpg

It was such a happy day and the sun was shining. ;) Inge knew that they would leave for home soon, and she wanted to make the most out of the time left before summer, so she called up Samantha to finally go on the fishing trip she had sort of promised her earlier..

R1QYF6t.jpg

In the background romance may befinding Ayana, as she was approached by Matthew Tellmer who began to flirt with her. A sign of what is to come, or maybe not. I suppose anything could happen, so who knows what the future will bring to Ayana and Jonathan from now on... ;)

wuOETa6.jpg

Inge had no time to think about that, she had to run off to meet Samantha to go fishing. Though Inges mom Iselin is an avid sports fisher, Inge is pretty clueless... She had no idea which spot to pick, so she chose the Landeberg Park, the most remote place around she could think of. There would have to be some fish there, right? Oliver Freddy went along to in his own car, and he drove a little faster so he's already running ahead (He is there somewhere in the distance if you can spot him.. :P)

D1Wwn9I.jpg

Samantha didn't need to be asked twice to meet up. Spending the afternoon outside fishing in this beautiful weather was a perfect thing to do. ;)

OE21PHY.jpg

While the girls were meeting up and talking, Oliver Freddy had gone around to find them something that could be used for bait. The apple tree that grew there was glaringly obvious, but he was afraid it wouldn't be enough, so after a bit of searching through various brambles and bushes he managed to find a small cinnamon plant. It sounds a little experimental to use cinnamon as bait for fish, but who knows, it might work. :P

TAKElDz.jpg

Then it was time for fishing. Inge and Oliver Freddy picked their spots a little apart to not fish on top of each other, but Samantha had another idea. :P

8p9xuwG.jpg

"I'll fish right over here" she says, and I'm worried she's gonna whack Inge over the head with the fishing rod, or worse. :P

"Just stand still while I make my throw. This looks like a really good spot, and I'm not gonna let you have it all to yourself!"

f9yjYrL.jpg

"Et voilá!" she says confidently after making her throw. I'm not really sure how she did that, but she sure makes it look easy. ;)

jAklM7h.jpg

It's Oliver Freddy however that catches the first umm.. fish. A freshwater jelly fish.. it's probably best used to do experiments on. I don't think it's something you would take to the frying pan, possibly, maybe. :P

eHQEmGi.jpg

It doesn't take long for Samantha to catch a blowfish, which is a more valuable type of fish than the jelly fish, which places Samantha in the lead in case one should view this as a competition. Inge might need to dry off her clothes when they are done fishing, because Samantha pulled the fish up dangerously close to Inges.. feet. :P

tOjnnoy.jpg

Inge thinks it's enough with the fishing when Samantha catches her second blowfish in excactly the same way and decides to call it quits. "Alright.. you win..."

s48vKTd.jpg

The sun is about to set, and so it won't be long until Inge and Oliver Freddys transport will arrive to take them back home. Inge wants to use this last moment to bond a little more, talk about the semester that passed, and of course, the first time she noticed Oliver Freddy on the school bus back home in Sunset Valley. ;)

bbiHhBE.jpg

Oliver Freddy has something else on his mind, and does his best to ruin this otherwishe beautiful moment with a a rant about politicians and their spending of the tax payers money..

w2fr7fQ.jpg

Then it's time to say the final goodbye before summer and the girls exchange their last warm hug before Oliver Freddy and Inge has to return to their dorm where the car is waiting...

wSndX2H.jpg

"You take care, Samantha. I'll see you again in august..."

EMBXLxZ.jpg

Samantha howled her last goodbye at them as she watched them run to their cars. It quickly gets cold in the mountains after the sun has set, even in summer...

bKWgsXy.jpg

"I'll be thinking about you..."

knSCkWu.jpg

Back at the dorm Inge was happy thinking about returning to her own family soon. Happy about the new memories and friends she had made this semester, and happy about the thought of returning for the next one! Of course, she would be missing Samantha too, especially, so there were definately mixed feelings about leaving, but it still had to be done.. and a summer doesn't last forever anyway. ;)

Qm2Lu1r.jpg

Oliver Freddy was already in the car waiting, and the driver pressed the horn.. He wasn't going to drive all night and wanted to get there before it got to late.. Time to go now... Time to hit the road and say goodbye..

TnyWJIq.jpg

Goodbye student dorm and smelly food leftovers. Goodbye Jeffery, goodbye Debbie and goodbye Nicole. Goodbye Ayana, goodbye Jonathan and best of luck for your future!

ZbmKwWP.jpg

Goodbye Samantha, goodbye University, goodbye lake, goodbye mountains and stones...

jMOZi2U.jpg

Goodbye..

Bonus:

A couple of screenshots that didn't make it.

k4JEBMK.jpg

Paper meets rock...

za4A4zY.jpg

Driving in the moonlight..
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited March 2023
    Thanks @MamaSimTee and @emorrill for your encouraging comments. Physical and occupational therapy really worked him today. He is learning all the things he can still do.

When I get back to the hotel, I'm going to see if the file edit to the origin game skips the update again.
    Great updates everyone,

I have been busy testing the new s4 infants update, and have not played much s3 this week, I also play Hogwarts legacy and I'm a slow gamer so it will take time before that one is done.

How is infants different from SIMS 3 Newborn/Toddler stages?
    texansky wrote: »
    Thanks @MamaSimTee and @emorrill for your encouraging comments. Physical and occupational therapy really worked him toda

My Dad suffers with Parkinson's. There is some PT involved and I always know when I call if he had PT because he sounds exhausted. I'm sure the benefit of working hard at it for your Hubby will help him in the bigger picture. Hang in there! *hugs*
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @MamaSimTee

I have tested the infants a little,
    they are quite a handful to master.

@emorrill

I think you said today is your birthday a few days ago so Happy birthday
    I cant see it on Facebook yet at least.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 My birthday is actually today. :blush: Thank you for the wish on Facebook. <3

@MamaSimTee Thank you for the birthday wish. <3 I meant to say that sooner. I'm sorry to hear your dad has Parkinson's. Mine does too... But he's living with it pretty well, being on some good medication helps. :star: It's never easy to see your parents becoming frail... Same with our husbands @texansky . I completely understand. Sending thoughts and prayers. 🙏🏻
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top