Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Local Color - Legacy Challenge

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Thanks @BlueSeaWaves :)
    I do love me some aliens, but yeah, I don't know how a sim could turn into one lol
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,841 Member
    @mightysprite More occults!
    I love that Saskia is following her own path and became a plantsim instead. Portia is doing her part to grow the membership for the Collective. Yes Michael, you do have very remarkable daughters. Amazingly, awesome, very remarkable daughters!
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 790 Member
    Wow, Saskia is
    a plant sim now! I loved to play with them back in TS2, but I haven't played much with them in TS4 instead... They are just a temporary state, isn't it?

2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    Thanks both :)
    @HermioneSims
    They are temporary, and they don't have any cool powers or anything, just different needs and funny idles. But the time period is something like 5-7 simdays which is actually quite a while in this game. And you can always carry on eating forbidden fruits to become a plantsim over and over again. Saskia collected a few from the tree. :)
  • Options
    Meg was worried about what to do about Roderick Goth. They're engaged, she's convinced he's her soulmate, but recently he has become... evil.
    Meg kept her worries inside herself as the families prepared for the engagement dinner.

Everyone sat awkwardly in the living room and got to know one another.
    12-29-22-11-28-01-AM.png

Wow, Roderick has a lot of siblings. Besides Cassandra on the couch and Alexander in the bad plaid, we have Carla on the other couch, Roderick's twin (?) Cole talking to Roderick, Leland coming in with the magenta turban. Or maybe it's Alexander in the turban and Leland in the bad plaid.
    (Mortimer is deceased.)

Meanwhile, Portia was feeling wobbly with too much fury, so she hid out in the kitchen and cooked.
    12-29-22-11-29-09-AM.png

She made it through the cooking process. The dining room looked beautiful. "Here, hold this for me," she said to the butler statue.
    12-29-22-11-35-27-AM.png

"Gggugh!" said Portia.
    "I got this. You go get some air," said the statue.
    12-29-22-11-36-39-AM.png

"I'm really not feeling all right," said Portia to herself. She got out of there.
    But not before terrifying poor Carla.
    "What was that?" said Leland, or maybe it was Alexander.
    "Everything is fine," said Bella, striding elegantly to the table.
    12-29-22-11-41-57-AM.png

The rain felt good. Portia ran from place to place outside, unwilling or unable to go home during Meg's big event, and trying only not to scare too many people.
    12-29-22-11-38-39-AM.png

Roderick made a good impression at first
    12-29-22-11-47-50-AM.png

But soon enough, he began to make insulting comments. It was like he couldn't help himself.
    12-29-22-11-48-36-AM.png

There was a moment of regret when he saw Meg's disappointed face
    12-29-22-11-50-01-AM.png

But then he realized: she wasn't accepting of his true thoughts, who he really was. Would he always have to watch his words around her? He started in with her too
    12-29-22-11-51-40-AM.png

Until Portia burst back in.
    "TALK TO MY FAMILY THAT WAY AGAIN AND I WILL END YOU."
    12-29-22-11-52-17-AM.png

That was the end of the party.

Both families left, deeply disappointed with one another.

Portia came to her senses and noticed a text from Kristopher, chastising her for menacing someone while in werewolf form. That kind of behavior is not in keeping with his expectations for Moonwood Collective members.
    How did he even find out so fast? Portia wondered.
    Portia went through the tunnels to Moonwood Mill and let out a long howl by the tree. It was peaceful here.
    12-29-22-11-58-05-AM.png

She submitted herself to Kristopher and started to apologize.
    And then she really thought about why she had menaced that idiot Goth boy in the first place.
    Portia loves her pack.
    But she has a family too.
    "Man, you just don't get it!" Portia burst out.
    12-29-22-11-59-54-AM.png

"Excuse me, Beta?"
    "No really! You really don't! You're completely out of touch with the younger generation, you aren't growing the pack, and you issue these ridiculous disciplinary requirements when someone is just protecting their own!"
    "Is anyone hungry?" asked Lily.
    12-29-22-12-00-08-PM.png

"Are you saying you don't like my leadership?"
    "That's exactly what I'm saying."
    "Don't say it unless you're ready to come at me with a challenge."
    "Or, we could just have some cake," said Lily.
    12-29-22-12-01-00-PM.png

Portia came at Kristopher with a challenge.
    12-29-22-12-01-24-PM.png

It was over quickly.
    12-29-22-12-02-02-PM.png

"Looks like you'll have to put up with my way of doing things for at least a little while longer," said Kristopher.
    "You know I love you," said Portia. "But you are clueless about some things. Admit it."
    "Okay, I can understand about protecting one's family. Try not to be violent about it though. That can cause many more problems than it solves."
    "I'll try. It was my sister, though. And my elderly father."
    12-29-22-12-02-10-PM.png

"Cake now?" asked Lily.
    "Loser has to do dishes," said Kristopher.
    12-29-22-12-12-58-PM.png

When Portia got home, Meg was still up. She told Meg what had happened with Kristopher.

"Wow, so you blew up two relationships for me tonight," Meg said.
    "Um. Yeah, I guess I did," said Portia.
    "Portia? Thanks. I think if I'd been left to my own devices, I would have just carried on like everything was okay for a lot longer."
    "No problem. Anytime you need something blown up, just come to me. And Meg? Don't marry that evil guy. Please."
    Meg sighed a long, romantic sigh.
    "Okay, try it, and live in fear of what I will do at the wedding."
    Meg laughed. "I won't do it."
    "Swear it."
    "I swear I will not marry that evil guy."
    Satisfied, Portia curled up and went to sleep on the floor.

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    Glad Kristopher and Portia quickly made amends though I'm on Portia's side.
    Wow Roderick does have a lot of siblings. Aw Portia hiding out in the kitchen as shes feel control slipping. Didn’t know sims could actually put things on the butlers tray. For some reason I read his line in the voice of Batman’s butler Alfred😅 It fit so well. Can’t blame Portia for sticking up for family. Lily’s responses during the argument turned fight with Kristopher is hilarious. Haha, yes cake now Lily. Meg promising she won’t marry ‘that evil guy’ Portia’s looking out for you Meg. No good can come from evil sims.
  • Options
    Glad you enjoyed it @BlueSeaWaves :)

Meg and Roderick met up at the Brick and Bean Cafe in Willow Creek to talk things over
    12-29-22-1-58-16-PM.png

Roderick tried to be flirty and push Meg's buttons...
    but she sat him down and told him in no uncertain terms, it was over.
    12-29-22-1-59-49-PM.png

He followed her home.
    She told him to leave. She offered to go inside and get her werewolf sister.
    It was time to walk away.
    Only about 51% of Meg was committed to walking away, but that was enough.
    12-29-22-2-09-07-PM.png

She didn't even burst into tears until after he was out of sight.

Lucy sat with Meg for a while.
    12-29-22-2-10-13-PM.png

I think this is the most complex sim relationship status I've ever seen.
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-29-at-2-00-46-PM.png

Saskia was loving her plantsim life. She put together a greenhouse, and a little garden
    12-29-22-12-29-37-PM.png

And planted a forbidden fruit out front. (The growfruit tree next to it is a gift from the Moonwood Collective. Portia is bringing lots of growfruits back to the Collective in turn.)
    12-29-22-12-30-34-PM.png

She was still crushing on Isao from school, so she made him a cute and goofy painting as a gift
    12-29-22-12-36-14-PM.png

He loved it
    12-29-22-12-40-52-PM.png

And gave Saskia a gift, too. Aww...
    12-29-22-12-41-20-PM.png

I haven't been taking many screenshots of the parents, but Michael is writing more productively these days, inspired by his unusual children. Lucy is getting the fear of dead-end job every. single. time. she goes to work. But she really loves basketball so we're keeping her in this job...

As for Portia, she's living her life, howling with the ghost dog
    12-29-22-1-27-54-PM.png

And making videos about awesome ways to freshen up after a workout.
    12-29-22-12-58-35-PM.png

• Options
    @mightysprite That's strange, I could have sworn I commented on yesterday's chapter.🤔 I must be losing my mind. Oh well...
    Oh Meg, you can do so much better than Roderick. The 49% of you will thank the 51% of you for breaking it off with him. Good for Khristopher realizing that Portia did what she had to. I mean, seriously Khristopher she only scared him a little, it's not like she made Scooby snacks out of him. Thought she would have been justified. Yeah, that is a very messy and complicated relationship. Saskia and Isao are a really sweet couple. Hopefully it works out for them. Good for Portia making those videos but she may want to consider making some for how to deal with hairballs too.😉
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 I appreciate all real and imaginary comments :)
    hahaha hairballs :grin: It would be pretty funny if our weres got those.
  • Options
    Its over, its for the best Meg.
    Omg Roderick, why are you following her home, let her go, its over! Aw, its okay to cry Meg.Oh my, that’s definitely the most complex relationship I’ve seen 😳 Definitely very complicated. Aww the painting Saskia made, and Isao loved it❤️ How cute, Portia howling with the ghost dog. That’s one way to freshen up after a workout😆
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @mightysprite
    I enjoyed the updates. It's too bad about the dinner party and Meg's relationship. But relationships with someone evil probably aren't worth it, even if they have potential and are complicated (I haven't seen a relationship that complicated before, either!). I hope she can move on to happier times.
  • Options
    Thanks @BlueSeaWaves and @haneul , Meg appreciates your support :)
  • Options
    Happy young adult birthday, Saskia! She went out for sushi and drinks with her friends to celebrate.
    Next to her is Isao Suzuki. Across the table from left to right are Leslie Harjo, Cassie Akiyama, and Crystal Spencer-Kim.
    (Crystal is the only one Saskia doesn't have a crush on right now, but she used to have a crush on her back when they met lol.)
    12-29-22-2-25-28-PM.png

They had a fun night followed by a swim in the nearby river. Fortunately they all had their swimsuits in their back pockets.
    Saskia is still getting used to plantsim life.
    It was weird to feel so hungry and thirsty after a night of eating and drinking.
    She found herself back-floating in the river, soaking in its moisture, long after her friends had gone home, in the small hours of the morning waiting for the sun to come up so she could finally eat.
    12-29-22-2-33-35-PM.png

The next day was Love Day!
    Here is how the happily married people spent Love Day
    A long and beautiful hike with good conversation
    (and maybe a few smooches or something alone in the woods, they're not telling)
    12-29-22-2-45-36-PM.png

Here is how the ace/aro werewolf spent Love Day
    12-29-22-4-12-27-PM.png

Fixing up the little shrine at Kiyomatsu Point.
    It has a few more loving tokens of werewolfdom on those shelves
    And some little red paper hearts for Love Day.
    (Maybe a little disrespectful for a shrine, or maybe it's good to see that youngsters love it?)

Here is how the girl who just went through a sad breakup spent Love Day
    She had some good news at the beginning of the day!
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-29-at-3-01-10-PM.png

And for some reason this counted as "have a child reach the top of a career" for Lucy's aspiration!
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-29-at-3-09-58-PM.png

Meg is going to study Language and Literature at Britechester. She still doesn't know exactly what she wants to do. (I feel like it fits her character to be a not-very-focused college student so I'm letting her go.)

After making the necessary preparations for university, Meg went to the Magic Realm to put in a little study there-- and to make some of those potions to help her out with university, like for example, not having to bother with sleep.
    She could do with a little sleep right now.
    12-29-22-3-39-56-PM.png

All the handsome men of the Magic Realm were happy to provide Meg a little distraction if she wanted.
    This is Conor in the pink hair, Makoto in the brown sweater, and the new sage Satoru.
    12-29-22-3-43-51-PM.png

Meg wasn't going to take any of them up on anything today, but, the attention and affirmation felt good.

Later that night, fortified by one of those potions, Meg went to sing a set at the Hazakura Lounge.
    Wherever the lovey couples were on Love Day evening, it wasn't here.
    12-29-22-3-16-37-PM.png

Meg's jazz and blues set had a little more earthy undertone than usual. It felt good to put her sad lonely feelings into song. As the bartender silently mopped imaginary spills from the bar, Meg felt as if they were the only two people in the world.

And then he walked in.
    12-29-22-3-16-58-PM.png

She couldn't avoid him. Even if she wanted to.
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-29-at-3-22-50-PM.png

But he wasn't mean tonight. He was kind. He was familiar, and sitting close. He smelled the same.
    12-29-22-3-21-23-PM.png

Meg remembered how good it felt to be held close in his arms.
    She'd been so lonely lately.
    So had he.

And thus, a bad decision was made.
    12-29-22-3-27-42-PM.png

Not too long after that, Meg needed to share something with her mother.
    12-29-22-4-55-13-PM.png

"You're pregnant?! Do you realize this means you will never ever be done with that miserable Goth boy?"
    "I didn't mean for it to happen! It was just a really bad decision!"
    "I'll say it was," said Portia from across the room.
    "Meg, we're your family and we will take care of you," said Lucy. "To be honest, I'm kind of excited about having a grandchild."
    "What about school?"
    "There is no way you are dropping out of university. We will make this work. You can study from home, work hard, and make a good future for your baby. Our baby."
    12-29-22-4-56-09-PM.png

"Mom, what do you think I should name the baby?"
    "How about 'Bad Decision'?" snapped Portia.

Lucy got ready to leave for a game, a few more responsibilities on her shoulders now.

12-29-22-5-11-30-PM.png

Portia went off to her favorite place to think big thoughts
    12-29-22-4-24-04-PM.png

She thought about her various packs, and how she'd do anything to care for them all.

She wondered how much foolishness she'd have to tolerate from all those various personalities along the way.

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @mightysprite
    I'm glad Meg is doing better. I just don't like that he dares to appear where she is. And oh dear… :o:o I guess we'll be seeing him around more. :| Hopefully, her decision turns out not to be that bad. Her family seems determined to help her make things work out.
  • Options
    @mightysprite
    Oh no Meg. That was a bad decision. Lucky for her and the little one she has a wonderful support system to help them get through this. I have a feeling Portia’s thinking tree is going to be getting a lot of use in the near future.
  • Options
    @haneul Yep. That was a completely random situation where he walked into the lounge...
    and I have that randomness to thank for my gen 3 heir haha

@DaniRose2143
    Sometimes family can more than make up for the absence of a partner, when it comes to caring for little ones!
    I have a feeling Portia’s thinking tree is going to be getting a lot of use in the near future.
    :lol: oh yes.
  • Options
    Aww sweet news for Meg at the start of Love Day.
    Lol at the fact that the lounge is empty. Oh no, Roderick entered the building 😳 Can’t blame Meg really, she seemed reluctant to break up in the first place. Portia’s reaction to the news😔 At least the family will be supportive to Meg. On the bright side a new gen is going to born😁
  • Options
    With a grandchild on the way, and Meg in no position to move out, Lucy and Michael decided to expand their house.
    They pitched it to Portia and Saskia this way: "Haven't you been asking for a workshop for a while now?"
    Portia grumbled that the timing was very interesting. But she was still grateful.
    12-29-22-6-57-52-PM.png

They added the workshop on to the back of the first story, a staircase in the workshop, two bedrooms and a bathroom on the second floor. In the part of the house that already had a higher roof, so as not to destroy the original simple beauty of the house.
    Workshop (including a fabricator for Saskia, and her old drawings on the wall)
    12-29-22-6-15-52-PM.png

12-29-22-6-44-38-PM.png

12-29-22-6-45-04-PM.png

Upstairs bathroom with mirror made by Portia
    12-29-22-6-48-15-PM.png

12-29-22-7-01-44-PM.png

I guess I didn't screenshot the new bedrooms, but they are pretty bare so far. Michael and Lucy moved upstairs to one of them, Saskia moved to the other (technically she'll share it with Portia, but Portia sleeps outside most of the time these days anyhow). They knocked down two walls of Portia's old tiny bedroom and turned it into a baby nook with a partial half-wall between it and the master bedroom, for Meg.

Portia has become a more and more important part of the werewolf community. Kristopher still doesn't really understand exactly what she does online, but he's grateful that she knows how to reach out to the younger generations.
    How old is Kristopher, anyway?
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-29-at-4-06-07-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-12-29-at-4-07-24-PM.png

Meg's pregnancy hasn't gone over so well with all of her friends. For example, this was how she discovered that Makoto hates children.
    That was insensitive, my dude.
    12-29-22-7-12-01-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-12-29-at-3-43-00-PM.png

But the new sage Satoru was especially kind
    He seemed happy to know that she was happy, and wanted to know how he could help her and her child
    12-29-22-7-28-59-PM.png

He gave advice on brewing potions safely during pregnancy
    12-29-22-7-18-36-PM.png

They found themselves practicing just the two of them more and more often. Meg felt safe and cared for in his company.
    12-29-22-7-26-37-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-12-29-at-7-30-48-PM.png

Satoru came by for a visit of his own accord, which was lucky, since we can't invite him over in this challenge
    Portia stopped him at the door. She'd detected some interesting energy between him and Meg.
    "If you hurt my sister in any way, we will have a problem."
    12-29-22-7-36-04-PM.png

All my elders get the Observant trait, so Michael was able to tell that this was a better person than the last guy Meg brought home
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-29-at-7-37-21-PM.png

Seeing Satoru with her family helped Meg understand her growing feelings. She walked him out and they said a loving goodnight
    12-29-22-7-40-16-PM.png

Satoru passed Portia returning from a hunt.
    "What's that you're holding?"
    "Just the warm bloody remains of the last guy who broke my sister's heart."
    12-29-22-7-42-07-PM.png

"Seriously?"
    "Best for you to just wonder."
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 790 Member
    I really postponed this comment a lot...
    Anyway, Portia and Meg are really very, very different sisters.
    But with a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 werewolf sister, I'm sure that Meg's next boyfriend will be way more careful and caring of her, isn't it? That was a very unexpected start for gen 3, that's for sure...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    @HermioneSims You are right about that!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    @mightysprite
    Loved this line, made me chuckle: "Just the warm bloody remains of the last guy who broke my sister's heart."
    Good update.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Looking forward to the little ones birth! There is clearly lots of family around ready to love them 🙂
    Love that Saskia’s drawings were hanged on the workshop wall. It’s a great workshop room too🙂 Congratulations Portia! She made it to the top🙌 Wow, Makoto😟 some friend. The new sage looks cool, and he’s supportive thru her pregnancy. Move over Roderick. Aw had a feeling something would spark between the two, Satoru’s much better than Roderick. Lmao Portia, I think Satori’s good🤣
  • Options
    @mightysprite Ooo this was a really good one, not that other updates weren't.🙂
    "Just the warm bloody remains of the last guy who broke my sister's heart." You tell him girl! I really really loved that line. Probably more than I should have.🤣 Not that I'm entirely sorry either.😉

That was such a sweet scene with Saskia's old pictures hanging on the wall. Portia is getting really good at woodworking too. Good for her to rising up the ranks of the Collective. It looks like Meg found a good one. She deserves better than the losers she's found before Satoru.
  • Options
    Thanks @GalacticGal @BlueSeaWaves and @DaniRose2143 :)
    As for that last line,
    Portia just happened to return from her hunt as Satoru was leaving, and seeing the two of them like that just immediately prompted that little conversation XD
  • Options
    Portia is convinced her pack needs a new Alpha. She is working on her fighting skill hoping that will help her when she tries to challenge Kristopher the next time.
    12-31-22-6-46-55-PM.png

I decided Portia is the sort of person to decorate her scars with tattoos
    12-29-22-11-11-40-PM.png

The one on the arm is from when Kristopher first bit her, and the torso is from the time she challenged him for Alpha rank.

And yes, this animal is keeping all her leg hair from here on out.

Saskia, with the many crushes, doesn't much like the new direction her best friend/crush Cassie Akiyama is going in life
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-31-at-6-57-10-PM.png

I feel like this is some kind of curse with this family...

Meg isn't doing too badly in university, considering.
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-30-at-9-24-17-PM.png

Why the D+? Well, she missed class one day due to being preoccupied with
    This little fellow here.
    12-30-22-11-16-27-PM.png

She asked Michael what he would have named a son, if he hadn't had all daughters.
    "Charlie," Michael said. "After the bonnie prince."

Welcome Charlie! Our generation 3 heir, born in Mt. Komorebi and destined to live in Willow Creek as an adult!
    12-30-22-11-28-24-PM.png

Portia sleeps here now. Just in case.
    12-30-22-11-29-04-PM.png