Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should be included in the base game?

2...Next

Comments

• LavenderWoodLavenderWood Posts: 12 New Member
    Private Car & Swimming Pool
    Fashion designer, model career.
  • pingvinskinpingvinskin Posts: 4 New Member
    Others
    I think Parenthood and new paywalled infant stuff should be added to BG (at least a changing table and infants' development). Not to mention private cars, zodiac signs and chemisty/compatibility.
  • HikaruHitoHikaruHito Posts: 1 New Member
    Others
    Accessibility options! Wheelchairs, accessible beds, bathrooms, stair lifts, and ramps!
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited March 2023
    Laundry & Bust the Dust
    I voted laundry because that is such a basic thing to have in your house. Pretty much every house I make in the game has a laundry room, in real life that is almost always the case too (at least where I live), so I think it makes my builds more realistic. It feels as weird to me to not include a laundry room than to not include a bathroom or kitchen. Hopefully TS5 will have it in the base game.
  • DrearyMaeDrearyMae Posts: 9 New Member
    Landline & Cellphone & Newspaper & Magazine
    Blood types would be too stressful, what sims go through from the hospital is enough. They didn't do serious illnesses for a reason.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Laundry & Bust the Dust
    Laundry and Vacuuming should never be in its own pack again under the guise of being niche.
  • YumengYumeng Posts: 116 Member
    We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Others
    Cars, Preteen Lifestage, Burglars, Vocations with hotels and resorts, more kitchen appliances like toaster, crockpot etc.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,031 Member
    Seasons
    For me, seasons is an obvious answer. With seasons in base game, things like freezing to death in dorms because no one thought to put in a thermostat or open walls in a town seeing heavy snow wouldn't be a problem. Another reason I want seasons as base game is because you could do so much more with holidays, such as winterfest markets, egghunter events in the public meadow or loveday festivals in towns. With seasons for basegame, maybe you could even diversify the holiday calender, so that there was a different one for each world (let's face it, Mt. Komorebi would probably not celebrate winterfest).

Other things I believe should be base game is clubs, so that different packs didn't have to have different club systems but could build on the same one.

The basics of retail - so that different packs could expand on develop these features (so cats and dogs could contain items for a pet shop, the gardener kit could contain items for a flower shop or gardening centre, island living could contain shop shelves that fit in style with the pack...) That way the retail system could live and evolve as the game does in a much better way than now.

There are plenty of other features as well, but those three would make it easier to develop the game and expand on the ideas.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • OkayLazySimOkayLazySim Posts: 40 Member
    edited May 2023
    Seasons
    I do not think the entire Season pack should be base game, but I do think seasonal changes for each world should be base game in TS5. I also doubt they will ever make seasonal changes for TS4 base game. It's the main seller for the pack, the only other thing (besides CAS and BB) would be adding holidays and then seasons would be merely a game pack. I personally don't mind if seasonal changes become a base game feature, but I just doubt it will happen.

As for the rest, I don't think any of those really need to be base game. It is a sandbox game where people can add what they want and those are not necessarily features that are needed by everyone. Perhaps some features of parenthood would be nice - but I can also see why it doesn't make sense for everybody. Also, bust the dust, I still don't understand why people wanted this pack in the first place, so I'm definitely going for a no there. Same with pets. I like pets in real life, but I don't want them in my sims game. They're unplayable and just add extra tasks. It's unfortunately not worth it - at least for me.

I do for example think that part of the household dynamics would have made sense to add in the base game, but I can also see why they didnt do it.

I do think newspaper, magazines and landlines would have been nice, just because it's what we had in past games. But then again I can live without.

Realizing, I should have picked other because what I do think should become available and then be basegame is an Online Marketspace, where people can sell their own things like paintings or crafted objects. It fits into our times and you could have a ranking system for it. I'd love the idea.
    Food Stall Activist Group
    For food stalls in each neighborhood and cool vendors who don't care for explosions
  • LoLyChupaLoLyChupa Posts: 27 Member
    The private car, a classic !
  • LoLyChupaLoLyChupa Posts: 27 Member
    > @AllThingsSims said:
    > I didn't realize swimming pools were not included in the base game :open_mouth:

Don't worry, me too ! :D