Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infants! Share Your Gameplay and Discoveries

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    What I like is that parents have to interact with the infant. Toddlers can be fairly self-sufficient, especially if the Watcher helps by getting food out of the fridge, etc.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    So far, one toddler and three triplet infants have been a challenge for my Alien sim and her human husband.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member

The Sims 4 Infant Care Guide

Infants will age into toddlers with one of three reward traits:

Top Notch Infant: These infants were extremely well cared for. They have a very positive outlook on the world and trust other Sims very easily thanks to that early childhood bond with their caregivers.

Happy Infant: These infants formed a good attachment with their caregivers. They see the world as a good place and find it easier to trust other Sims.

Unhappy Infant: These infants were neglected and as a result of this neglect, they see the world as a cruel, unforgiving place. They don’t trust that other Sims have good intentions and are highly skeptical of others.

More on infant care here:

https://simscommunity.info/2023/03/15/sims-4-infant-care-guide/
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    So far, this Infant Update has been beyond adorable. I have myself as a Young Adult Simself and a Sunny infant son, Jordan. He loves Rice Porridge and the sensory toys. Since I couldn't wait for the pack, he already knows how to crawl, sit up, use the high chair (obviously), and eat infant foods. He took one nap while I was playing. I am going to wait until tomorrow since I know now that I will be able to play the pack uninterrupted for the next 2 weeks to explore everything combined with the 2 patches. I will be back to update this thread.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Sims finish the "hand to" animation with a tickle and it's the cutest thing ever.

UIj1zx0.png

Yes my infant looks evil, it's by design.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Cool, babies can have Occult eyes. :p
  • KoveeKovee Posts: 880 Member
    edited March 2023
    FYI, just learned that if you want your sim to be able to use bathroom when infant or toddler is in bathroom use a stale toilet and then sim will not get upset that the kid can see you. lol Have not figured out shower yet. lol
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm pretty sure that my infant has been getting hiccups occasionally.
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    Thank you for the correction, Just didnt really bother to test it much...
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited March 2023
    Decided to patch last night and then updated whatever mods I could today making note of those that were unknown status. I loaded up my test save from the Werewolves pack.

I couldn't get Have a Science Baby to work. My sim would leave the lot, money would be taken out, but end result was no baby. :warning: A certain Deaderpool mod that can't be named has been known to cause this. It's even mentioned in the update notes. I had already updated that mod and cleared cache. So for now I removed it (leaving in MCCC) and that seemed to do the trick.

Onto the few screenshots I have... :)
    Yes I know Rusty is not very happy with mom. It's a complicated relationship with a past. :D Their friendship score was just short but it turns out you only need a score of 36 to make a science baby with someone. This baby is a werewolf/alien hybrid!
    QEEBTXn.png
    Rusty is so proud to have a son who also likes to tear things up.
    YJsG57e.png
    With the Selectable Pets mod I could see the following options: Watch, Sleep Next To baby, and Investigate. I also noticed the dog chose to guard the infant all on his own.
    b8hEvT6.png
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    I randomized traits for my momma sim and got hot-headed, high maintenance, and non-committal. I created an infant in CAS that was cautious. Then I plunked them down into Oasis Springs. Momma sim prompted laid the infant on the hot sidewalk in front of the house, under the summer sun, and never looked back. She ignored him completely and went into the house without him. That was unexpected.

After she ignored him for a couple of hours, I sent her back out to pick him up, and she refused to do so. After a few tries, I finally got her to go back outside to the sidewalk. She stood beside him and talked to him while he cried his eyes out. When I finally did get her to pick him up, he chomped her finger 11 times in a row. (That's a reported bug, I discovered.) But I felt she deserved it. It was so appropriate.

I don't think a hot-headed, high maintenance, non-committal sim will make a good mom.
  • IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    I have an infant that gives the cutest little sneezes … I think it’s the cautious one.
  • paris_simmerparis_simmer Posts: 16 Member
    Loving the new infant life state 🥰. However I wonder if anyone else has had problems with their infant disappearing and/or hiring a nanny then sending them home and you have a invisible nanny taking care of the child and doing things around the house. I can’t take care of my infant 😂😭
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    For those who don't have a room for a bathtub, you can wash infants and toddlers with sinks. Plus it is much faster too.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    Did they fix the Top Notch Toddler trait with the new infant traits introduced?
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    Has anybody been experiencing this bug since the update? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNDER-INVESTIGATION-Sims-are-not-moving-when-I-give-them/td-p/12383423

I'm still trying to decide whether I'm brave enough to update lol.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 498 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I had the last day of Mirabel being an infant, gosh it was a weird one.

All went well, cute and giggly and sleepy
    kf7AP4U.png
    vYc3mRX.png

Then it went downhill
    qXUJpx4.png
    D2V920H.png

I don't even know how that happened, it was so fast.

but she aged up to a toddler now, and she had the top notch infant trait :)

vlzcZZg.png

Aawww!
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Decided to patch last night and then updated whatever mods I could today making note of those that were unknown status. I loaded up my test save from the Werewolves pack.

I couldn't get Have a Science Baby to work. My sim would leave the lot, money would be taken out, but end result was no baby. :warning: A certain Deaderpool mod that can't be named has been known to cause this. It's even mentioned in the update notes. I had already updated that mod and cleared cache. So for now I removed it (leaving in MCCC) and that seemed to do the trick.
    Thank you for this post; I had the same issue and now I know how to resolve it.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    Things I've found cute:

Infants can sleep in the floor with dogs.
    You can get your sim to sit in the ground near a infant and play coo, brings back sims 2 vibes and it's great for pictures.
    You can play the lullaby radio in any stereo in your infant's room and it will help the baby sleep all night.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    My daughter had triplets with the new patch installed and discovered each dirty diaper is worth forty simoleons with the Nanocan trashcan. She's made 1000 simoleons so far. So you could do a rags to riches based on that alone!
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    @manicobsessive Everything seemed to work just fine for me yesterday. I didn't play very long since I was just testing a build, but it worked very well.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Has anybody been experiencing this bug since the update? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNDER-INVESTIGATION-Sims-are-not-moving-when-I-give-them/td-p/12383423

I'm still trying to decide whether I'm brave enough to update lol.

I played 3 or 4 houses, no problems with sims not doing as told.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top