Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell me about your big saves

Comments

• Options
    pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    Currently working on bringing my favorite premade from sims 1-4 into the game and placing them. Should be 200+ when I'm done.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I've been playing characters from my book series recently. They have now gone past the books by quite a way. It's amusing because a bunch of stuff that doesn't fit the canon happened because of story progression, and I also decided to amuse myself by giving a child to a character who is canonically childless.

I also have an American sitcom save that I need to get back to at some point, and I have another save with occult dynasties but I got a bit bored of that one. I spend a lot of time starting and stopping and deleting saves I've lost interest in.

I'm installing the update now so I might have to start a new save again to familiarise myself with infants.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    I've never done a "big save" in the way you describe... if it starts to feel too much like a Project, then it's more like work and not enough like a game for me ;)

I do have one rotational game in San Myshuno where I'm playing all the San Myshuno premades plus one family that I made in CAS. That's a pretty fun game though I haven't played it in a while. They are my favorite group of premades, with Windenburg a close second.

Otherwise, I currently am playing a legacy challenge, and have completed a couple of "short story" type saves that had a beginning, middle and end. Two were scenarios that I put a twist on, and posted storytelling: Eliza Pancakes Supervillain, and Aliens Stole My Alien Parents. (You can find both in the stories forum by searching)
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    I have one big save since the beginning of Sims 4. There are over 600 sims, every one was edited one way or another. I play rotationally about 40 households. Which I play it depends on mood or on packs I want to play. For example, when I want to play with cows and chickens I choose a family which lives in Henford and have enough space to buy a coop and shed. I also come back to "old" families when I want to check new features or new packs. Although I have now created (in that save) new household with infant, purpousely for new update and new pack that I will play. Of course Sims I play have many friends, I visit other households on purpose, so I have very complicated connections between them :) I play with aging off.
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited April 2023
    I play a lot like the OP does. I have a main rotational save from 2014, that has been re-saved (save as ).quite a few times. And I also have a newer scenario save. I keep aging off most of the time so my families and households can experience new packs as they come along. I loosely play my households, if I get tired of one household, I will just switch over to another one I want to play. I have many households in this save, , been try to keep it around 150, which it makes it a little easier since I started a scenario save.

I play without CC and mods, so I love to see new packs and even kits come out. So far I have all the packs and kits in the sims 4 and will be getting Growing Together, in the next few days. I hope they will eventually come out with a Pajama kit, a stroller stuff pack, and toddler push toys. I would like to see group volleyball for children up, skateboarding, a sewing machine with patterns and a color wheel, to make clothing, stuffed animals, dolls, pillows, quilts, etc. i would like to see a simple clothing lot trait in which you have to buy clothes for your sims ( especially now that they have suitcases ). I would love to see some more stuff packs. Stuff Packs used to come out often, always had a little CAS, and a little build buy, and a special object. SP’s kept my game fresh and new. Kits are similar, but not anticipated by me as much as stuff packs were. I’m glad this new expansion pack Growing Together, is being made where we have more control over some things, like how close/distant family members are, and how close friends can be by similarities ( likes and dislikes.). I think the quirk system will be great for infants, I’m not sure how I’m going to like them with toddlers, but I will see. I do pretty much like to have a great deal of control over my sims. Many times my sims develop lifestyles that they are not supposed to have, so I cheat them away. I wish we had direct control over lifestyles without cheats.

I have some favorite families/households that have advanced and split up over time in my main save.

I have a hot headed painter that’s about a level 10 , with a newborn ( for several real life years now ), ready to become an infant. He has 7 other male friends ( that used to be roommates ), of his that have advanced in several different careers, one friend is now a CEO, another is an astronaught, another a programmer., one is a baseball player that lives with his girlfriend that does social media, the two of them are developing a lifestyle where they like to vacation a lot.

I have a level 10 adult doctor whose adult wife is a violinist, their married son (YA) is a programmer, while the programmers (YA) wife spends her time taking care of the household And cooking, they have a teen daughter and child son. And, the second set of Grandparents ( the programmers wife’s parents ) used to live with them, as they had newly moved in from Ireland, he fished and kept things fixed around the house, and his wife did the gardening. A little bit before Country Living came out they moved into their own small house with a large indoor garden.and got a hunting dog named Britt. Ithey now live in Henford on Bagley with chickens and a soon to be cow. My teen belongs to a group of other teen friends, they visit malls, and teen nightclubs, and she has a lot of them over at the house. They boy child invites friends over a lot as well.

Another favorite family is my family of 4 brothers and sisters, that have now broken up to separate homes. The oldest brother is a level 10 criminal boss now with a jealous wife. The second oldest is his sister who is non committal, and has gone from an artist career to the career where she is a trend setter, switches boy friends often, and lives with others in that party house ( in Windenburg ). His younger sister is a scientist, now living with one of my hot headed artists old roommates, ( a mixologist ) preparing to get married and start a family ( I wish sims could take off family leave till the children start school, I hate for her to actually have to quit her level 10 scientist career ). The youngest brother is a programmer, and has a soon to be wife (s cook) they live in a goid size apartment in San Myshuno, also and are planning to get married ( and start a large family.

Another family has a YA sister ( now a level 10 in the detective career ), with a teenage sister ( whose best friend is the Doctors Grand daughter, and her child brother loves collecting frogs an insects from granite falls, and likes to make scientific potions on his chemistry set. His best friend is the doctors grandson, and they hang out with a group of other children. The detective is now living with a detective she met at work, who has become a teacher…….

And I have many other families in the save too, it’s quite a large save. It’s hard to get bored for too long with such diverse households.

My rotational scenario save has less households so far and I have aging turned off. It’s actually turned off in both saves.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I have too many saves to count :# but two of my biggest ones are:
    A rotational save with all premades. I play one week in each household and have aging on for the household I'm playing.
    Some families are more fun that others but I generally come up with someone and make the boring ones fun to so I don't want to leave when the time is up.
    I also really like that I do play with aging on in that save because I play with it off most of the time and from comparing that play style to when I have played legacies etc I feel like it is easy to miss out on things because the sims never age.

My other big save is one with all my favourite sims. I play whatever household I feel like when I feel like it and there is no aging.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited March 2023
    I've only played TS4 since the spring of 2021, so what passes for a "long-running save" for me is nothing like the epics some of you have created. My daughter and I have what we call our "story save," which features Cameron Ross, the Sim who appears as my avatar. His parents, siblings, and grandparents are all part of the story. That save is on hiatus, while we make doubly (triply? quadruply?) sure that the various patches, etc. that have been released don't wreck it irreparably. One of these days, we're going to have to load it up and take our chances.

The "story save" is set in @SweetieWright_84 's save file world, which Z and I dearly love. We play the "unpopulated" version, because Z enjoys creating Sims in CAS as much--or more--as she does playing the game with me. The "story save" is filled with a variety of Sims; we've created many of them, and we've downloaded others from the Gallery. Some of @SweetieWright_84 's Sims have roles in our story. Only two or three premades exist in this world.

Z and I also have another two or three saves available. We started them as "test saves," in which we try out the features of a new pack, or experiment with the game in other ways. They've become so much fun that we keep playing them. We cast a variety of Sims as lead actors in the "test saves." Sometimes they're Sims who have been supporting actors in other saves, finally getting their chance to be stars. Other times, the featured Sims are new creations.

We always put the Ross family into each of the test saves, too. We're attached to them, and we like seeing them around or having our lead actors interact with them. However, we won't let the new leads become romantically involved with Cameron or his girlfriend, a cute Z creation named Angie Reynolds. The first time one of our Sims flirted with Cameron, Z was not amused. "OH no," she declared. "That's not happening." Now we put Cam and Angie into the game as an engaged couple, and so far, we haven't seen them stray.

This thread has inspired us to start a new "test save." Z has some freshly created Sims she'd like to place into a story. :blush:
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I tend to make a new save to try out each pack, but am trying to stick to one save now so that I don't forget sims I loved once. My simself and my daughter's simself are background characters in most of my games. I make an effort not to make friends with myself, just enjoy the occasional out-of-character cameo.

My current big save was made for the werewolves pack. I amused myself letting my Sims have a whole litter of children, then tried rotational play with each of them. Mom kept calling up and asking for more babies until the house was full again, so she's got eight total, two of whom are married with kids of their own. There was a story progression glitch where one of my founder's daughters was pregnant every time I got to her, so she has four, when she was meant to have one.

I am so attached to so many Sims now that I can't even decide who to play, and if I try to rotate on a strict schedule it feels like a chore, so I pop around to whoever I feel like when the game opens. I've decided to play as my simself for the first time! My simdaughter and Simself moved to San Sequoia right across the street from the water park, but I've gotten used to really large houses, and am considering adding rooms. I think I'll make friends with the werewolves, so they can invite themselves over. Funny thing is, though my legacy is 90% werewolves, Spellcasters are my favorite, so I'm going to become a Spellcaster. Nearing the end of Sims 4's run, there's finally enough funny chaos for me.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    My simself and my daughter's simself are background characters in most of my games. I make an effort not to make friends with myself, just enjoy the occasional out-of-character cameo.

I've decided to play as my simself for the first time! My simdaughter and Simself moved to San Sequoia right across the street from the water park, but I've gotten used to really large houses, and am considering adding rooms.

@phantasmkiss My daughter created our Simfamily in CAS. She did a really good job with all three of us. I'm especially impressed with her mom/my wife. Z is a young Teen, so her Simself looks older than the real Z does, but I can see her looking like Sim Z when she's 16 or 17.

We've never played as our Simselves. They're supporting characters in our games, but if they befriend our Sims, so be it.

Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Ninoosim wrote: »
    The absolute restraint I am displaying by NOT pulling out an entire binder for my sims like I did during sims 2 times... It is so tempting but I don't have as much time as I did back then ahah

I recently found my Sims 3 binder! Pages and pages of plans for Sims, names, and hex codes (sometimes RGB) for specific colors. I will never forget you, color wheel! ♥
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I only have two. One is the one I started with in 2019 when I started playing Sims 4 and the other is the one I actually play with.

Every once in awhile I load up the first one to edit, save, and make a new copy of. Usually when there's a new world. Then I use that copy as my new play save. It's slowly getting filled with all my own builds or builds from the gallery and all the premades have been replaced.

I have one Sim that I've had since 2019. I save updated copies of her (and her house) to my library, then put her into the new save each time I start a new one. She has had kids, grandkids, great grandkids, great great grandkids... But with each new save, she's alone because I don't also save the family. I did at least get to 11 generations once before I started a new save. I just eventually get bored and want to start fresh with her.

But I am very attached to her at this point. I've never had one Sim for so long. She's a vampire, and I have neighborhood stories turned off for her, so I don't have to worry about her dying when I'm playing with her descendants.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    My simself and my daughter's simself are background characters in most of my games. I make an effort not to make friends with myself, just enjoy the occasional out-of-character cameo.

I've decided to play as my simself for the first time! My simdaughter and Simself moved to San Sequoia right across the street from the water park, but I've gotten used to really large houses, and am considering adding rooms.

My daughter created our Simfamily in CAS. She did a really good job with all three of us. I'm especially impressed with her mom/my wife. Z is a young Teen, so her Simself looks older than the real Z does, but I can see her looking like Sim Z when she's 16 or 17.

We've never played as our Simselves. They're supporting characters in our games, but if they befriend our Sims, so be it.

I played my Simself (and my husband and kids) once in TS3. I made it all the way through my kids' simselves having children of their own. Then my simself died and it just felt weird. So I quit.

Back to the topic:
    Another of my favorite saves has been my alien legacy (Xalvador family). I'm not too far into the generations, only the 3rd who are still children, but I can see this save becoming as important to me as the Westbrook family I mentioned earlier.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    I recently found my Sims 3 binder! Pages and pages of plans for Sims, names, and hex codes (sometimes RGB) for specific colors. I will never forget you, color wheel! ♥

This made me so happy :love:

I think my problem with long lasting saves is that I take things too seriously and get mad when sims don't behave the way I created them to be. Like I don't want to see grandma at the club or my nerds at the basketball court. But maybe the chaos is the fun part? I also need to try and play without mods just to see if saves bloat less. I don't use many to begin with but can't hurt to try.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Ninoosim The way you describe is EXACTLY the way I play, especially in the past before I discovered challenges. I have a save file I've had going since 2017 haha - I don't play it that often anymore since I deleted a lot of the premades, but I've discovered I love editing the premades and adding them into my story and giving them extended family and having them create stories with each other. So my most current save, I've imported all my favorite sims from my 2017 file. I love doing things like giving Penny Pizzazz a sister named Polly Pizzazz - or having sims from different packs who compliment each other get married and such. I also do end up revisiting old sims a lot - and I love seeing them show up on lots as background characters. I've never played with aging, and I do find it hard to age up my favorites. The family in my signature has been just like that for literal years now. And now I'm finally giving them a third baby lol
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    setting all the premades likes and dislikes
    - again because of GrT (and HSY)
    and its a pain

all ive done whole day and I am not even half done
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    and its a pain

Oh, man, I hate that!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    and its a pain

Oh, man, I hate that!

one of the cons of big saves :sweat:
    I could just play and add as I play but it would bother me so much that say don lothario suddenly decides to dislike flirtation or something along those lines like nope that is not what he is about
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    My big save, from late 2015, I think? finally corrupted beyond recovery. I just started new. Infants seems like a good time for that, at least! And I'm enjoying it. I thought I'd be mourning my old save!

A weird thing is that there are same-age premade peers now who were generations apart in the previous one :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    My big save, from late 2015, I think? finally corrupted beyond recovery. I just started new. Infants seems like a good time for that, at least! And I'm enjoying it. I thought I'd be mourning my old save!

A weird thing is that there are same-age premade peers now who were generations apart in the previous one :D

yeah the generations are just a mess in my save most problematic with teens i feel like

since i have so many teens that are actually supposed to be part of different generations and timelines

and then i just add hsy in the middle and realize that oh, any of these sims may now show up at hs yikes 😅

sometimes i want to start over cause it just sounds so much easier but i also feel like ive put so much into this save to make it mine already and it'd just be so hard to get back to this point
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    My save is about four years old and all my born in game sims have grown up with the same npc kids and teens who never age. Looks funny to see my young adult sims with Sofia and Elsa Bjergsen in their relationship panels.
  • Options
    emmalieemmalie Posts: 21 Member
    I don’t have any old saves anymore, deleted them for various reasons. I have some saves for different challenges when I feel playing them. But I have three which are growing to big ones. First is my ultimate decades challenge save, where first gen is all gone by now and second gen is starting their families. This one I mostly play with the main family, but check out side families time to time too. Other one is my big rotational save I started last year. I created one young adult Sim for each world with different careers and plans for future. Just playing second round with this one and need to add sims for couple of the newest worlds. Then last weekend I started a new one I begin to combine my favorite sims from different saves I don’t feel playing anymore. I think this might became one I put aging off and rotate more loosely playing the family I feel at the moment.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    edited March 2023
    For the first time ever since I started playing The Sims (and I have played since The Sims 1), my third gen has just been born. I am so excited to see how far I can go in this save.

I started the save when Cottage Living came out. My first gen lived in Henford on Bagley living the whole country life, and made money painting and farming. She fell in love with her neighbour who became a comedian, and they had a baby girl, my second gen.

Gen 2 had a love of animals from growing up on a farm and eventually grew up to get a biology degree and now has her own vet practice. She met her husband at Uni (he is now an art critic) and they have just had a baby girl. I already know that she is going to grow up to want to help people just like her Mum, and she is eventually going to be a doctor.

Aside from her future career I don't know what else her life will entail, but I'm excited to find out and see how many gens I will get through. I still have so much still to explore in the game, and I'm just loving it at the moment. :)
  • Options
    PoduszkaIsGodPoduszkaIsGod Posts: 3 New Member
    I have two main saves. One for "creative", so just doing whatever and one for my multi generation fanily. I'm at at least 10 generations. Each family member needs to get married and have at least 2 children as soon as they become an adult. This is so the family tree keeps growing :D when a sim gets old I put them in a retirement home and wait to collect their grave and put it in the ghost mansion.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    My big save is a rotational one that is up to 21 households now. I'll be adding three more in the next rotation, but I'm not quite halfway through the current one right now.

I play with aging on for the active household only, so any household with sims who age has to be played once per rotation to keep them aligned. I don't play the households in the same order each time. I have a spreadsheet where I track which holidays, festivals and phases of the moon are in which week, and plot out my order based on who I want to play doing what. It usually changes a few times. I recently bumped up the retirement community because I wanted to move them to San Sequoia after I bought the new pack, so they swapped places with the mermaids. Every household gets one week per rotation, Tues-Mon. I have 4 week seasons and lots of holidays, with 16 day moon cycles.

I started my save with one sim, Athena Andreas, who had nine children. Her descendants I play like a legacy, but all the spares found new households. For the most part they marry in premade sims, but I have a few exceptions. Gen 4 is still in development, with the oldest members just aging up to teen and many more yet to be born.

I identify my households alphabetically. Athena founded household A (Andreas), then her 8 spare children founded families B-I (Bateman, Caliente, Delgato, Eggleston, Fyres, Goth, Holiday, and Ibis), and her spare grandchildren are in the process of founding families J-N as they age up (Jang, Kalani, Le Chien, Munch and Ngata). I'm saving O&P for the great grandchildren (Prescott, but no idea on O for now). Some of the spares have started moving into my occult households instead of founding new families, to slow the expansion. Every branch of the family is assigned to 1 or 2 packs to help me in my goal to use all of the content at least once in this save, and they are also part of my goal to finish every career once with and once without a degree, and finish every aspiration.

Then I have a household for every occult from R-Y (robot, spellcaster, Tartosa's occult mix, undead/ghosts, vampires, werewolves, xtraterrestrials, and y is the mermaid tail). I'm holding Q for a future occult even though there's no chance the letter will fit as nicely as the others. Some of the occults are helping out with the career completionist goal, mainly the ones who grew up in the families. But mostly these households are focused on the occult skill trees, and most of them have a story focus rather than a goal-oriented one.

Then I have life stage households, which right now just means the retirement village as household Z. I am going to make a high school dorm for students from Sulani and Mt Komorebi and other rich students, and then I'm going to have university student housing eventually. But the 4th generation will be the first to go to active high school and to university so those don't exist yet. There aren't any letters left so I haven't decided what to call them.

I've been playing this save for 4 years irl, though these last 2 I've put in a lot fewer hours than the first 2.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited March 2023
    To be honest, I kind of started over once infants were announced, lol. I have two saves now. One is a family that I’m going to play rotationally as the children grow up & start having families of their own, & the other is the Disney Princess Legacy challenge, although I’ve made some changes to the order in which I’m going to have the princesses.

I’ve been going back & forth on whether or not I want to start over with an old family that I had been playing with for years before the infant update, but I’ve just kind of lost my mojo for them, especially since I’ve been having so much fun playing with my new families, lol.