Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else is waiting to play Infants until they are able to get Growing Together?

2...Next

Comments

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    If I keep my current rotation as planned, I won't get to the households with infants for about 11 in-game weeks. I'm hoping that's enough time for me to get the pack. I won't buy it right away if there are major bugs though, so we'll see if I hold out that long.
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2023
    I downloaded the Newbie family off the gallery and they had a baby so I could try it out. Between the infant, dog, dirty diapers, baby bottles, dog poop, and dirty laundry… they were both stressed!

It was fun having so much to do on the home lot. That’s how I prefer to play.

I’m interested to see how the milestones and unplanned guest feature will be.
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,757 Member
    Officially waiting. Was going to get the patch and try it out but just want everything all at once. So.. one more day!!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    I have the pack pre-ordered but I will actually wait until all the mods are updated. Meanwhile I will play my existing game offline.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    I decided to wait until the pack releases to play the infants because I don't want one that knows everything from the get-go, I want to experience those learning moments and milestones! But I just couldn't resist updating my game once MCCC was updated for the patch, so right now I have gotten my sim pregnant (so to speak LOL) and am decorating the nursery with the new stuff from the patch. I've put back in all my mods that were updated or cleared, and now I'm testing the other ones a couple at a time. If that doesn't keep me busy until she goes into labor, I'm going to be pausing that pregnancy.

Only 27 1/2 hours until the pack drops. I sure hope it isn't a repeat of yesterday's disaster.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I played the patch for about an hour or so, it installs automatically on console. I liked it a lot but I don’t want to get too into the sims before the patch so I’m going to wait before starting anything.

Helps that real life is busy so I don’t have much time to play anyway.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I started a new save to test some of my cc and gave the sim a science baby. Definitely a nice addition, but will wait to give my main save any for a while.
  • VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    I'm also waiting. I went into CAS yesterday to see all the new stuff and to also make sure everything was running smoothly, checked on what mods were working, etc.. worked on my Sims some more for my save and that's about it. Didn't want to play the new infants without quirks, milestones, etc because I didn't want them to miss out on their first time sitting up, or their firsts of different things.
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I'm doing a legacy challenge of sorts.

I played with my main couple’s best friends who just had twins so I could get use to the base mechanics and learn quirks and what to pay attention too.

Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    I updated the first day, I played with infants without the pack and they're cute and very fun but you definitely feel like "something" is missing, because although you get to take care of them, there's nothing like skills or anything to teach them, so infant's gameplay alone feel a little plain.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Me. I already created a family yesterday that includes an infant so it's ready for when the EP comes out, but I'm waiting to actually play.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Honestly, I haven't played with infants partly because of that. But I'm mostly not gonna get the pack right away as Im waiting on hearing more reviews + seeing how buggy it is. I haven't even updated my game as Im waiting for my favorite mods to update.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    I'm all ready. My sim is well into her 3rd trimester and should have the baby soon after I go into game again, after the pack drops.

Honestly I can't remember when time last seemed to pass so slowly for me! Not since I was a kid in school staring at the classroom clock praying for 3 o'clock LOL.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    honeywitch wrote: »
    i'm enjoying the infants vicariously until i get the pack. also i'm waiting until my vacation to buy it, so i have two weeks to wait. yet another reason to anticipate my vacation :lol:

just kidding i bought it this past monday :lol: i couldn't wait. this is the closest to release i've ever gotten a pack.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited March 2023
    I waited till buying the pack. But I have a real life visitor for the next week so haven’t gotten to aging up any babies to infants yet. Plus, I want to set up some likes and dislikes for compatibility and family dynamics before getting into infant play.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on