March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    @Peral wrote: »
    Origin kept remebering me that I have no friends

EA (Extroverted Arts ???) trying to sell "friends" to Introvert players ...

LOL :p
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    Started up the EA app to play my game this morning and my games library never showed; got a "taking a bit longer, try again later" message. So I kept trying and trying. Anyway, finally opened a case with EA Support after some hours and had them call me. I was on the phone for about a half hour or so and nothing the tech tried worked so he was forwarding it up the chain. Upshot is I won't be able to play at least until sunday (if I'm lucky) and can't play during the week due to work :(. I've tried restarting the computer, repairing the app and running in administrator mode; nothing worked.

Sorry for venting but I'm bummed out; wanted to start a new save for the infants & new EP :sigh:.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    Started up the EA app to play my game this morning and my games library never showed; got a "taking a bit longer, try again later" message. So I kept trying and trying. Anyway, finally opened a case with EA Support after some hours and had them call me. I was on the phone for about a half hour or so and nothing the tech tried worked so he was forwarding it up the chain. Upshot is I won't be able to play at least until sunday (if I'm lucky) and can't play during the week due to work :(. I've tried restarting the computer, repairing the app and running in administrator mode; nothing worked.

Sorry for venting but I'm bummed out; wanted to start a new save for the infants & new EP :sigh:.

Can't count the number of times I've had a problem with the game after a new EP, GP, SP, or almost anything new is done with the game. So I feel your pain. :'(
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited March 2023
    Keep in mind if you don't like EA app User Interface, you can still use Steam, Epic Games or GOG Galaxy.

• EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,265 EA Community Manager

Out of curiosity, have you already cleared the app cache under Help - App Recovery? Running games in Admin mode has also been causing issues lately, I would recommend against that for the time being.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Something odd that have noticed is that the app launches with varying promptness depending on the PC, both of which have I7 processors. In both cases, play is offline to avoid the game breaking updates & patches.

Machine A has my main TS4 installation, which stops with Discover University. Seasons was deactivated very soon after installation as it is - for me - more trouble than it is worth. That game takes a long time to load, often needing several clicks on the TS4 shortcut.

Machine B has my 'guinea pig' installation, which stops at Cottage Living. i say 'guinea pig' as that is the one used to test some of the newer packs and a couple of kits without interfering with the game that works how I like it. Plants grow freely, sims are happy farmers with good livlihoods, and like living in their homes. No plant-breaking, house uncomfortable moodlets updates for them! That game launches instantly when the shortcut is clicked. Not complaining, mind you, just noticed the difference. Now if I could only delouse it of what makes the sims unhappy to be in their homes...
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    g01denswan wrote: »
    I’ve recently moved over and have not found any issues with Sims 4. Unfortunately, there are issues with Sims 2 and Sims 3 though.

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is now Sims 2 Double Deluxe, and all Sims 3 Special Editions and Limited Editions are now just Sims 3 regular editions. I haven’t checked my Sims 3 store stuff yet as I haven’t downloaded Sims 3 to my new computer yet.

Please let us know about these inconsistencies here so we can alert the right teams.

Once again, the App is a but, telling me my game failed to launch. It's been doing this for quite some time, recently. I don't think it's ready for Prime Time, plus, I've also noticed there is no longer the warning that Origin is coming to a close, soon.

We have a thread for this issue here.

Do I still need to report the issues there if I’ve already reported them through the EA App reporter?

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection issue has now been fixed, but I noticed that I also do have an issue with The Sims 4 as well. I should have the Premium Edition, but it shows the Standard Edition on the EA App so now some of the extras are missing.

Also with The Sims 3: The Sims 3 Showtime Special Edition, The Sims 3 Sweet Treats and all store content including Gold versions of worlds are missing. That’s in addition to Limited Editions of EPs showing as regular editions.

It appears that there are still issues with all non-standard editions of The Sims 3, The Sims 4 and The Sims 3 store content.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited March 2023
    deleted
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited March 2023
    RIP Origin
    RIP The Sims 2 Store Edition

Today the update of Origin (10.5.122.52971) can't disable EA app popup (MigrationDisabled doesn't work anymore).

History

2005 EA Downloader
    2006 EA Link
    2007 EADM
    2011 Origin
    2022 EA app

But Steam from 2003 to now.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    RIP Origin
    RIP The Sims 2 Store Edition

Today the update of Origin (10.5.122.52971) can't disable EA app popup (MigrationDisabled doesn't work anymore).

History

2005 EA Downloader
    2006 EA Link
    2007 EADM
    2011 Origin
    2022 EA app

But Steam from 2003 to now.

So we may have to go through this again in the future? Oh joy
    The cake is a lie
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    i have origin up but the ea app still sends error and will not install. so i guess ill live through all the modders who do walkthroughs on youtube for awhile.
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Out of curiosity, have you already cleared the app cache under Help - App Recovery? Running games in Admin mode has also been causing issues lately, I would recommend against that for the time being.

ah where is the cashe, if your talking about my ea file it's clean. if your talking about the trash it's empty too. stilll cant install
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited March 2023
    So the game is in my library again, and shows up in my owned & installed games when I switch EA App to offline mode, but when I click the play button nothing happens.

I don't want to update to infants right away because I have fantasy mods I like and want to play with. My mods don't have updates out yet, and some I may have to remove completely because their creators went inactive and won't get updated for this. So I'd like to continue my game I had started and at least finish my goals for that save before I'm done with it.

I used to be able to play TS4 in offline mode through the EA App without any problems. But after the infant update, that doesn't work anymore. Please enable it so we can continue to play offline without updating. I do plan to update to infants eventually, I am excited for that content, but I don't want to get it right away. I'd like to be able to play my game as it is for now, please.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    No it won't let you play offline just disconnect internet. And try play then.
  • JustinRideJustinRide Posts: 16 Member
    > @EA_Cade said:
    > Heya,
    >
    > I'm actually currently having discussions on this tool with relevant teams. Obviously the goal is to keep everything running but there are some technical limitations we're working through with a tool that A ) never left Beta to begin with and B ) is extremely old and had to be patched when Origin released to function with it.
    >
    > Again, the goal is to get it cooperating with the EA app, but I can't promise that will be feasible.

Hello Cade! I appreciate all the info you've provided thus far, do you happen to have any updates regarding in-game editing to work with EA App? It's quite fascinating to hear how clunky it seems to be for you guys to get working being it's software that's still in beta and predates origin! xD Thanks in advance! :D
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    You can play offline. It is just that they did a good job of hiding the option. In the EA App, click on the tiny three lines in the upper corner, there you will find the offline option.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    edited March 2023
    i did that lol it locked the game till i went back online just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for all i can play sims 2 and sims 3 but 4 is blocked from running in offline.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »
    i did that lol it locked the game till i went back online just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for all i can play sims 2 and sims 3 but 4 is blocked from running in offline.

It's crazy how this works differently for different people and it makes me wonder why.
    I've been playing off line with no updates since December.
    Each time there's an update I worry it's going to change something.
    I had another update again today, and after a couple of stressful moments, it updated, and no problems - touch wood!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »

No need to get snippy. I just explained where to find the option. You are the only person I have heard of that is actually "blocked" as you state. I am truly sorry for your troubles.
    I must say it must be hard to work for weeks, even years to put out a very special game. you test it and test it the best you can. then the day finally comes, and it just doesn't work. think about it, don't we know that they have worked their touches off, just for the darn thing to not work. sorry guru's i know you worked so hard, and I'm sorry i have to complain, but it's the only way. they know somethings wrong with the product. they probably get a lot of headaches.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    My frustration today is how to download new content on pre-orders. I purchased Growing Together from Amazon, which shouldn't be a problem right? Isn't it one of the trusted sellers? I didn't realize that we still had a couple more hours to go before release time so I put in the code. I got the success message that I now own Growing Together, but I don't see where I'm supposed to download it when the time comes. I wasn't sure if it would be an auto-download or if there's something I'm supposed to do. When I open my game, it shows on the list of packs that I own Growing Together but that I need to download it. OK, where?

At this point I'm totally confused and thinking that I must be missing something. So I contact EA Help. They were no help at all. They told me to contact Amazon and ask for a refund. Why? The code was successful, and it's listed as owned in my packs when I run the game, I just needed to know how to download it. I don't think Amazon could help with that, isn't EA Help supposed to know how to navigate the EA app?

I think I may have finally figured it out by testing the purchase of a kit from Amazon. The kit showed up as "downloadable content" when I opened Manage Add-ons for Sims 4 on the EA app. I am hoping I'm correct that when Growing Together is released, it will also be there under the downloadable content too. It's been pretty frustrating though. The app isn't really user friendly yet, kind of confusing. And getting no help at all from EA Help is even more frustrating. This is something they should have been able to tell me, rather than to have to puzzle it out myself.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,265 EA Community Manager
    My frustration today is how to download new content on pre-orders. I purchased Growing Together from Amazon, which shouldn't be a problem right? Isn't it one of the trusted sellers? I didn't realize that we still had a couple more hours to go before release time so I put in the code. I got the success message that I now own Growing Together, but I don't see where I'm supposed to download it when the time comes. I wasn't sure if it would be an auto-download or if there's something I'm supposed to do. When I open my game, it shows on the list of packs that I own Growing Together but that I need to download it. OK, where?

At this point I'm totally confused and thinking that I must be missing something. So I contact EA Help. They were no help at all. They told me to contact Amazon and ask for a refund. Why? The code was successful, and it's listed as owned in my packs when I run the game, I just needed to know how to download it. I don't think Amazon could help with that, isn't EA Help supposed to know how to navigate the EA app?

I think I may have finally figured it out by testing the purchase of a kit from Amazon. The kit showed up as "downloadable content" when I opened Manage Add-ons for Sims 4 on the EA app. I am hoping I'm correct that when Growing Together is released, it will also be there under the downloadable content too. It's been pretty frustrating though. The app isn't really user friendly yet, kind of confusing. And getting no help at all from EA Help is even more frustrating. This is something they should have been able to tell me, rather than to have to puzzle it out myself.

Sorry for the runaround. You'll be able to download when the pack goes live in about 50 mins, no preload I'm afraid.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited March 2023
    No worries, thanks @EA_Cade. I don't mind downloading when the pack goes live, now that I know how to do it. :D:p

Edit- Unfortunately it's not showing up at all. I see it in my game under the list of packs, but it says I need to download it. I can't if the EA app isn't working properly. Nothing is showing up on the "manage add-ons" except for packs I already installed a while ago. I really, REALLY don't like this app.

Post edited by Cabelle1863 on
  • JustinRideJustinRide Posts: 16 Member
    > @EA_Cade said:
    > Heya,
    >
    > I'm actually currently having discussions on this tool with relevant teams. Obviously the goal is to keep everything running but there are some technical limitations we're working through with a tool that A ) never left Beta to begin with and B ) is extremely old and had to be patched when Origin released to function with it.
    >
    > Again, the goal is to get it cooperating with the EA app, but I can't promise that will be feasible.

Hello @EA_Cade ! I appreciate all the info you've provided thus far, do you happen to have any updates regarding in-game editing to work with EA App? It's quite fascinating to hear how clunky it seems to be for you guys to get working being it's software that's still in beta and predates origin! xD Thanks in advance! :D

I also don't know if these replies are properly tagging you, sorry I'm new to the forms. Hope it's not to much of a bother. o:
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    edited March 2023
    JustinRide wrote: »
    > @EA_Cade said:
    > Heya,
    >
    >

Hello @EA_Cade ! I appreciate all the info you've provided thus far, do you happen to have any updates regarding in-game editing to work with EA App? It's quite fascinating to hear how clunky it seems to be for you guys to get working being it's software that's still in beta and predates origin! xD Thanks in advance! :D

I also don't know if these replies are properly tagging you, sorry I'm new to the forms. Hope it's not to much of a bother. o:

@JustinRide
    Isn't the tag meant to be blue?
    Like my tag for you.
    Your tag for EA_Cade turned blue in my quote, but isn't in your post that I quoted, strangely enough!
    MLgj4Vx.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top