Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now that we have infants...

2...Next

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    With Highschool pack bringing prom and they being able to date I think current teens are more like 16-19 in age, and with the Growing together making child sims loose their teeth, that happens around the the age of 6, I think there could be another life stage in between child and teen, spanning between maybe 10 to 15. They would be shorter, change their molar teeth, not be able to date, you don't need to hire a nanny for them, they still play occasionally but prefer outdoor games with their friends, basically they would be a mix of both child and teen life stages.
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    No, I don't think we need anymore life stages.

I think we need more realistic teens more than we needed infants who are basically slight smaller toddlers.
  • pingvinskinpingvinskin Posts: 4 New Member
    No, I think we have more than enough lifestages and tbh, I even think that infants are too much. All the childhood stages combined are longer than ya and adult stages combined, which basically meanы that we have to play for kids who can't do anything for the majority of a sim's life. Although I love playing with families, I'm 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that my elders die before most of their kids grow up/get married/have their own kids etc. We're basically back to ts2, where your sims had to start having babies right away if you wanted them to live up to their grandkids.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    Mendota wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Tweens: puberty, first crushes, still plays with toys but has other interests

So which part of this couldn't just be part of kid or teen lifestage?
    also all these are subjective experiences people might have at different ages
    (for instance some have puberty later or earlier
    and some might not even have crushes / have their crushes in teens or adulthood rather
    and as for toys that could just be childish trait thing)

I don't see anything that needs new lifestage in specific

The teens look like adults, Maxis adding so called puberty to teens that look 20 years old, was really kind of a joke. If it wasn't for height mods, I would have quit the game long ago.

I mean sure but thats something that should be changed for teen lifestage

adding lifestage does not fix teen stage looking like YA
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    Not really. It’s not a hint where I am from. A preteen is a child. 5-12 is child. 13-19 is teenager. I see no need for a preteen stage personally.

Honestly I would’ve preferred they just made babies infants and got rid of them altogether lol but at least they’re less object like now.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited March 2023
    What I would like to see for the difference between Child, Preteen, and Teen:

Child: Toys, Playing Outside, Grade School, Friends, Needs a Nanny or Babysitter after 8pm, Can Grab Snacks or Quick Meals, Homework, School Projects, Bedtimes, Sleepovers, Grounding: Losing Privileges for 2,4,6 hours and Time Outs, (make them a little shorter)

Tween: Electronic Toys, Phones, Social Media with Parent Permission, Middle School, Friends, Crushes (no dating), Puberty Starts (pimples, body odor, voice changes), Braces, School Dances, Can Watch Younger Siblings from 12pm to 8pm, Needs a Nanny or Babysitter after 10pm, Homework, Bi-Weekly Tests, School Projects, Can Use the Microwave, Popcorn Maker and Drink Tea, Bedtimes, Sleepovers, Grounding: Losing Privileges, Days Long Groundings, (about the same height as child sims)

Teen: Phones, Social Media, Dating, Puberty (Pimples, Body Odor, Leg and Arm Hair, Slight Facial Hair for Males), Prom, High School, Can Watch Younger Siblings Anytime, No Nanny or Babysitter needed if a teen lives in the house, Homework, Weekly Exams, School Projects, Curfew, Can Drink Coffee, No Bar drinks except soda, shakes and waters (can't make them either), Can Cook and Bake anything, no bedtimes, Sleepovers, Grounding: Days and Weeks, loosing privileges, (make them shorter please)
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    HSY definitely helped with making teens feel a little more unique. But also the tween stage is such a defining one as well. If not a whole life stage then some kind of system (I forgot what they called it, but similar to the midlife crisis that adults can have) where towards the end of the kid stage and early in the teen stage sims have tween "crisis" or whatever.

I think the stage is important, especially with these 17 yr old teens we have now, but I'm not sure it needs its own stage.

• aseelh_94aseelh_94 Posts: 4 New Member
    Something really weird is happening with my sim parents and infants. Ever since I aged them up from newborn, I can’t make my sims interact with them, like feed them, put them to sleep, change their diaper, NOTHING. And I just found out today that my game doesn’t recognize my sims as the caregivers of the infants, because when I click on either infant from the POV of either parent, I hover over the option that says “Ask to be introduced by…” which is faded and it says, “You haven’t met the caregivers of this infant. Hey where are they anyways?” which is SO weird because when I go into cas.fulleditmode I can see their familial designations and its all mom, dad, son, daughter. I don’t know why the parents are not the designated caregivers of the infants honestly, I didn’t have this problem when they were newborns, only when I aged them into infants. Has anyone else run into this problem? And if so, is it a bug? What do I do to fix it?

Also, just as a side note, my brother plays the same game and has characters in the same world and he doesn’t have this problem so it can’t be mods or anything like that because if it was he would also be having these same problems.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited March 2023

aseelh_94 wrote: »
    Something really weird is happening with my sim parents and infants. Ever since I aged them up from newborn, I can’t make my sims interact with them, like feed them, put them to sleep, change their diaper, NOTHING. And I just found out today that my game doesn’t recognize my sims as the caregivers of the infants, because when I click on either infant from the POV of either parent, I hover over the option that says “Ask to be introduced by…” which is faded and it says, “You haven’t met the caregivers of this infant. Hey where are they anyways?” which is SO weird because when I go into cas.fulleditmode I can see their familial designations and its all mom, dad, son, daughter. I don’t know why the parents are not the designated caregivers of the infants honestly, I didn’t have this problem when they were newborns, only when I aged them into infants. Has anyone else run into this problem? And if so, is it a bug? What do I do to fix it?

Also, just as a side note, my brother plays the same game and has characters in the same world and he doesn’t have this problem so it can’t be mods or anything like that because if it was he would also be having these same problems.

Some things to check:

Are your Sims celebrities? Do any of them have the Beloved trait?

I have seen this reported as a bug elsewhere in connection to these issues. Try the site below.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

> @telemwill said:
    > Some things to check:
    >
    > Are your Sims celebrities? Do any of them have the Beloved trait?
    >
    > I have seen this reported as a bug elsewhere in connection to these issues. Try the site below.
    >
    > https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

Yes! I did find that! The mom is a celebrity. I can get rid of that but do you know how to remove the Beloved trait? It’s proving to be kind of difficult since it’s a reward trait and not a regular trait.
    > @telemwill said:
    > Some things to check:
    >
    > Are your Sims celebrities? Do any of them have the Beloved trait?
    >
    > I have seen this reported as a bug elsewhere in connection to these issues. Try the site below.
    >
    > https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

Yes! I did find that! The mom is a celebrity. I can get rid of that but do you know how to remove the Beloved trait? It’s proving to be kind of difficult since it’s a reward trait and not a regular trait.

Will traits.remove_trait Beloved work? If not, and you can, try installing MCCC and remove it with that.
    > @telemwill said:
    > Will traits.remove_trait Beloved work? If not, and you can, try installing MCCC and remove it with that.

I successfully removed the beloved trait off of both parents and since the dad is not a celebrity, I tried to see if he could interact with either of the infants but it was still the same as before. The interactions are limited to ones that would exist if the parent was a stranger to the infant :/ I even tried restarting the game to see if that would make a difference but it didn’t :(
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Really, if we go down the route of new life stages we could split both childs and teens.

I feel the Child stage which is effectively 4 -11(start of primary school to start of secondary school, at least here in the UK) actually has a lot of changes in it. My real life 7 year old is already starting to act so much different to what she did when she first started school at 4.

In the same way 12-18 year olds also act a lot lot different to each other...
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
    > @telemwill said:
    > Will traits.remove_trait Beloved work? If not, and you can, try installing MCCC and remove it with that.

I successfully removed the beloved trait off of both parents and since the dad is not a celebrity, I tried to see if he could interact with either of the infants but it was still the same as before. The interactions are limited to ones that would exist if the parent was a stranger to the infant :/ I even tried restarting the game to see if that would make a difference but it didn’t :(

So sorry it didn't work! I hope EA comes up with a solution soon!

> @telemwill said:
    > So sorry it didn't work! I hope EA comes up with a solution soon!

Thank you for all your help! I hope so too. Do you know the best way to contact them about this?
    > @telemwill said:
    > So sorry it didn't work! I hope EA comes up with a solution soon!

Thank you for all your help! I hope so too. Do you know the best way to contact them about this?

On the site above (Answers HQ), you can search for the problem and either "me too" it or add your own comments. If it isn't already listed there, you can start a new thread. But most likely, it's already been reported.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I’m massively pro pre-teen.

I hate the jump between child and teen. It’s literally like ‘yesterday you were learning to ride a bike and losing your front teeth and today you’re going to a bar and messing around with Jimmy in the Copperdale love tunnel!!?!?’

I hate it so much.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    > @telemwill said:

Did you try traveling with the family at all? Sometimes when you travel to another lot and return to the home lot, things reset themselves. You could try with the whole family, if that doesn't work, try with just each parent separately, see if that helps. Also, can try going back into CAS and coming out, see if that resets the relationship now that you've removed the trait. It may not work, but worth a shot.
    #Team Occult
  • that1chickthat1chick Posts: 15 Member
    Depending on how far away we are from the Sims 5, I'm not sure if we will see any adjustments to teens or having tweens added to the game. I think that if they don't touch teens that tweens makes a lot of sense to implement. In the Sims 5 they 100% need more visual differences between young adults and teens. I can't stand that teens are the same height as young adults and adults. That I need to hover over sims to tell if they are teen, young adult or adult is crazy to me. I would love to see tweens, but I'm not sure if we will see them given that Sims 5 has been announced and they only have a few more packs lined up.
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    I'm a bit surprised that they havent fixed the genetic twin creation yet with this pack. Seriously, the game seems to think that "Create Twin = Clone of original"

This is not correct. At least, in my games, I intend for twins to be diametrics of the parents, each exhibits some of both parent's traits/genetics.. Usually, I'll have an Alien/vampire couple and will hit the genetic tool in CAS. Once I have a suitable looking spawn/child, my intent is to create a twin for the child, but with the other parents qualities. But because of how the genetics tool in CAS works, the create twin button may as well be the create clone button and I have to go back to the parental level and do create child again.

This is what I had to do with one of my newer families, strangely, the boy that was created after the girl, turned out older than the girl when I noticed, and I had to PoY both of them to fix it.

Some of these issues could be rectified with a few tweaks to the create Twin or child genetics box in CAS.

A couple questions added:

"Will this child be older or younger?" [choose older, younger, or twin]

"Parental genetics considered" [Select whichever parent]

With the former of the two questions, you could actually kill the create twin genetic box entirely, but the latter question is good for adding to the Twin creation box. Just offering some thought as to how CAS could be improved. Makes sense to do something with this as we have infants now...
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,037 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    With Highschool pack bringing prom and they being able to date I think current teens are more like 16-19 in age, and with the Growing together making child sims loose their teeth, that happens around the the age of 6, I think there could be another life stage in between child and teen, spanning between maybe 10 to 15. They would be shorter, change their molar teeth, not be able to date, you don't need to hire a nanny for them, they still play occasionally but prefer outdoor games with their friends, basically they would be a mix of both child and teen life stages.

Omg yess! We do need that + some kind of Older Adult/Young Elder life stage as well! Some Simmers also have stated how unrealistic it is for Toddlers to turn into Children, but that is up for debate I guess. I love how they kept the original Babies and renamed them into Newborns AND also added the Infant life stage in between Newborn and Toddler, that made the game so much better for me, especially with the Growing Together expansion pack. However, they should patch the Changing Table with the Diaper Bin for Infants and Toddlers into the base game or create a brand new Base Game recolor of it.
    High School Years did attempt at improving Teen Sims, however it was far from perfect. I do love how they added some elements of puberty, like the acne and body hair growth. However, in my opinion there should indeed still be a life stage in between Kids and Teens, and it could be called Tween or Pre-Teen. The Sims Freeplay has Tweens and now I do have a LOT more hope that tweens could make their way into The Sims 4 in the next few years hopefully. Also since there are more younger life stages now, maybe they could add at least one more Adult+ life stage, in between Adult and Elder. It would really help with the lifespans as sometimes it makes me laugh how Bella Goth is a Young Adult and Cassandra Goth, her daughter, is Teen, only one life stage behind! Makes no sense lol :D
    edited March 2023
    that1chick wrote: »
    Depending on how far away we are from the Sims 5, I'm not sure if we will see any adjustments to teens or having tweens added to the game. I think that if they don't touch teens that tweens makes a lot of sense to implement. In the Sims 5 they 100% need more visual differences between young adults and teens. I can't stand that teens are the same height as young adults and adults. That I need to hover over sims to tell if they are teen, young adult or adult is crazy to me. I would love to see tweens, but I'm not sure if we will see them given that Sims 5 has been announced and they only have a few more packs lined up.

Sims 5 is probably far away, 2026 or 2028. Simmers have and they will keep ignoring what Maxis and SimGurus themselves have stated a BILLION times how The Sims 4 WILL keep getting new PACKS, UPDATES & KITS for many many more YEARS. Sorry nothing personal but this kind of popular statement comment made me put off as so many Simmers keep having false belief that Sims 5 is coming very soon, I'm telling you it's not. Unless EA wants to rush release yet another incomplete base game. :*<3o:)
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    that1chick wrote: »

Sims 5 is probably far away, 2026 or 2028. Simmers have and they will keep ignoring what Maxis and SimGurus themselves have stated a BILLION times how The Sims 4 WILL keep getting new PACKS, UPDATES & KITS for many many more YEARS. Sorry nothing personal but this kind of popular statement comment made me put off as so many Simmers keep having false belief that Sims 5 is coming very soon, I'm telling you it's not. Unless EA wants to rush release yet another incomplete base game. :*<3o:)

With all the bugs,crashing,glitches and other bad problems piling on,I doubt that Sims 4 will last much longer. I for one will leave Sims 4 once Paralives and Life For You launches,and I imagine a lot of other Simmers could do it,too. Why should we have to keep putting up with all these bugs and glitches when EA keeps giving us content that's broken? Why should we keep giving EA our money for packs that contain a lot of set dressing and very little gameplay?

Simmers aren;t "ignoring" anyone-they're getting angry and fed up because they feel like neither the Gurus or EA is listening to them. Simmers are sick and tired of the bugs,glitches,freezing and crashing of Sims 4.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?