Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infants! Share Your Gameplay and Discoveries

Comments

• IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    Decided to play a single sim with science babies just to test out infants before the pack lands. First baby … a boy! I got the new bassinet when he came home. Wanted to play with twins and, hoping for a girl, immediately went off to have a second science baby. Second baby … a boy! And another boy! And another boy!

Good news, you can have science triplets. Bad news, I now have four babies instead of two. My poor sim, by the time she fed, changed, and rocked each one it was time to go back and start again. I watched James Turner’s video with 7 infants, I only had four and my sim used mood solver potions more than she went to bed. She is a self-employed writer and didn’t even get half a book written during the few days of baby stage.

Aged them up to infants and it wasn’t much easier than babies! They always want to go to sleep, even when their bar is green. I found the best way to get time for my sim to see to her own needs was to keep them awake until their tiredness is in the red, then they will sleep long enough for you to get a nap … and she was finally able to finish and publish that book to get some income.

I think I will play with a sims couple and a single birth when the pack lands because of all the extra stuff, or my sim will be too tired to give the baby tummy time.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 498 Member
    edited March 2023
    Love that sims can feed infants on sofas. :3

UyuF1zo.png
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    They are just so cute! Here is my first infant Nate with his 'sister' Adalynn. (I say sister, I found a household with just a toddler and a baby in it and moved them into my household to 'adopt' as I couldn't leave them alone! Adalynn was the baby.)

y5ay232.png

Nice picture. Poor Adalynn look pretty sad. It shows the size difference between infants and toddlers pretty well.

Poor Adalynn had had a rough nights sleep so was very cranky still. I like to think she is jealous that she wasn't spoon fed anymore too. :D
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    Infants and pet interactions.
    Not sure what the potentially sensitive media is. 🙂
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Infants and pet interactions.
    Not sure what the potentially sensitive media is. 🙂

probably they are using it as spoiler tag
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    That makes sense, 🙂
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I thought the bassinette appears when baby born so my poor sim suffered a long labour before I finally clicked on her and it said I had to place one for delivery. Ha ha she must hate me. Good thing this is just a test family until ep is out.

Wait, no more free bassinets? What happens if you don't buy one? I always place one in advance because then I the baby has to go to the bassinet of my choice, usually the realm of magic one or the werewolf one. Even non-occult newborns can use the occult bassinets that way. (unless that changed with the patch)

It was home birth so maybe only hospitals supply.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited March 2023
    Are there new interactions in the basegame ? I saw « check in on …(name of sim) » and I had never seen it before. There’s « Gossip about other parents » too.
  • Pebbles_75Pebbles_75 Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi this is my first post. I downloaded the infant update and love it. I aged up the sim newborn and now the infant already knows how to crawl. I want to get the growing together expansion pack but am wondering how it will work with an infant that's already crawling, will the milestone learning to crawl already be there?. On hindsight I should have left him as a newborn so he could learn to crawl with the expansion. What are your thoughts on this?
  • Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    Pebbles_75 wrote: »
    Hi this is my first post. I downloaded the infant update and love it. I aged up the sim newborn and now the infant already knows how to crawl. I want to get the growing together expansion pack but am wondering how it will work with an infant that's already crawling, will the milestone learning to crawl already be there?. On hindsight I should have left him as a newborn so he could learn to crawl with the expansion. What are your thoughts on this?

I don’t know if they’ll get the milestone afterwards. I’m waiting until I get the pack to have infants.
  • purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    This is my little boy Arlo

03-15-23-2-39-41-PM.png

Mama sim Beatrice is pregnant again. Hoping for a girl!
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    hzSkx29.png
    OwVrKQl.png
    That's really cute.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    well, I went and did it.....

Judith Ward and Agnes Crumplebottom have a science baby together!

dogzdinner wrote: »
    well, I went and did it.....

Judith Ward and Agnes Crumplebottom have a science baby together!

*Vlad flips in his coffin*
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    I am loving the infant stage! I have one hope for a patch though. I would like infants to be able to use the tent and large pet beds for nap times. I'm sure that everyone else can add to the list. Falling asleep anywhere is fine, but napping spots should be a thing we can designate in the future.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I went back in and let another sim stay in labour all day half the night. Took a longgg time but eventually social services did drop off a bassinette. I'll stop torturing the pregnant sims now.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I thought there was a changing table, but can't find it in the kids section. I'm still searching other categories, but not sure where to look next, lol. Are all changing tables incl the top mat thing in the pack?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    edited March 2023
    I thought there was a changing table, but can't find it in the kids section. I'm still searching other categories, but not sure where to look next, lol. Are all changing tables incl the top mat thing in the pack?

yeah seems like changing table and playmat are only in ep

but also it would be nice to have infant item category separately like we have toddler one so it would be easier to tell what items to put in nursery
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member

I have read that the changing tables are pack exclusive.

Here's pics of all of the new basegame content per Sims Community
    https://simscommunity.info/2023/03/14/the-sims-4-everything-new-in-build-mode/
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited March 2023
    I was not ready for this cuteness!! :grin: This little fella has captured my heart.
    BMA4gKd.png
    9a8liIa.png
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Oh my! Well I had to abandon my sim who had triplets (she already had a toddler) it was the most overwhelming experience I've ever had playing this game. These little dudes are hard work.
    So my explorer sim had a baby and this was much easier.
    One of the cutest things is the sucking thumb, along with grabbing toes, that's so realistic.

Did have a few issues. Mum went to the gym with infant and the portable crib, after a nap she handed him to a friend. Who promptly made off down the street with him! She had to go chasing after her. Was panicking a bit as the friend isn't in the world and I wasn't sure if the baby would disappear.
    It was a mad idea but I took my sim and infant to the jungle for a short vacation. Went great with no issues until the infant was ageing up to toddler, then he got stuck and Mum couldn't do anything with him. His needs were all in red so sent them home where he promptly aged up as normal.
    It was worth trying out as a test though and until the ageing issue the vacation went smoothly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top