Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    Oh wow, that's great! Thank you @Nikkih
    Huh. That's weird. I went to manage add ons for the Sims 4 in the EA app. It says my copy of GrT is there and downloadable, but the download button is greyed out and doesn't do anything when I click on it? Any suggestions, @Nikkih or anyone else who might know what to do here?
  • Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    Huh. That's weird. I went to manage add ons for the Sims 4 in the EA app. It says my copy of GrT is there and downloadable, but the download button is greyed out and doesn't do anything when I click on it? Any suggestions, @Nikkih or anyone else who might know what to do here?

I would think you can’t download it until it’s official release time tomorrow, whichever time zone you are in.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member

Mine is greyed out as well so not sure how they downloaded it.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I'm really not sure, do you play on console or pc ? @Serendipity38
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I was definitely able to install it, obviously I can't play it yet, it has a lock on it, I turned on my playstation yesterday and it downloaded 🤔 @Bluegayle
    I'm on a pc, @Nikkih . And since a few others here have said that their download button is greyed out for them too, that must be where in the difference is. Ah well, tomorrow will be here soon! *LOL* Thank you though! :)
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I was definitely able to install it, obviously I can't play it yet, it has a lock on it, I turned on my playstation yesterday and it downloaded 🤔 @Bluegayle

Ah maybe thats why as I am on a pc. My download is def greyed out. Excited either way. Can't wait to play.

H6IHv13.png

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've definitely seen a lot to like about this one. I'm impressed.
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I've been watching early access gameplay videos, and the build videos from simmers who built for the pack, and there's been some good content. I just finished one of Deligracy's and she saw a fairy house, like the ones people put in their gardens, when she did her build.

It's very cute. A good way to tease fairies more, and link to family gameplay in the pack. You don't build it, it's just a decor item. But it's something you place in your home garden. And it's literally a fairy house. But not of the same design as the ones literal fairies in Sims 3 used. So it's a good tease.

I'm looking forward to trying this out, regardless of the misgivings I have about various features that do/do not exist. This pack is really looking fun. So are infants.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member

I'm really glad to see that milestones are covering significant moments from other packs. That there are Paranormal Stuff milestones there makes me hopeful that most packs that make sense will be covered.
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    I saw James Turner create a sim that hated every sim personality type and all the conversation topics and it does look like using disliked interactions and/or incompatible sim types makes using socials very unlikely to succeed, unless they are already friends. They will still play board and other social building games that build relationship, which is how he got a sim to the point where they became friends. So I will certainly be spending a fair while giving Bella Goth and the other pre existing sims personalities and conversation preferences, to make them a bit more differentiated beyond what their three traits will do by themselves.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    coogee78 wrote: »
    I saw James Turner create a sim that hated every sim personality type and all the conversation topics and it does look like using disliked interactions and/or incompatible sim types makes using socials very unlikely to succeed, unless they are already friends. They will still play board and other social building games that build relationship, which is how he got a sim to the point where they became friends. So I will certainly be spending a fair while giving Bella Goth and the other pre existing sims personalities and conversation preferences, to make them a bit more differentiated beyond what their three traits will do by themselves.
    That video was great. Honestly, seeing how big of an impact compatibility has, it's tempting me to buy the pack day 1.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 918 Member
    edited March 2023
    wrong thread
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I can't wait to dive in and give all the sims the new likes and dislikes. I wonder how long it will take to go through every household in every world lol.
  • nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    edited March 2023
    Do we know if premade townies and/or randomly generated townies get liked/disliked conversation topics?

James Turner video was great. Now I'd like to see a video of two Sims who both dislike everything and how it kind of cancels out, as in a sim that dislike polite sims will actually like a sim with "bad" traits.
    I'm expecting really interesting dynamics in the game from now on with this pack, and the "ask about preferences" interaction is going to be very useful!
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    Do we know if premade townies and/or randomly generated townies get liked/disliked conversation topics?

James Turner video was great. Now I'd like to see a video of two Sims who both dislike everything and how it kind of cancels out, as in a sim that dislike polite sims will actually like a sim with "bad" traits.
    I'm expecting really interesting dynamics in the game from now on with this pack, and the "ask about preferences" interaction is going to be very useful!

Premades from the pack will likely have them, but I am certain old premades will not. You'll likely have to go and manually pick them yourself.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Me buying this pack, and want to play it.I have to wait until my internship and university is over for today.😭😭😭😭
  • Jonathan777Jonathan777 Posts: 170 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    LSM36 wrote: »
    How far will Family Dynamic go in the family tree ?

cms-b-11.jpg

Is this something they put out? 🤔 And they're using grand-uncle/aunt instead of great-uncle?

This isn't Sims related, afaik. I had something similar come up in Google when I was looking up correct terms for cousins.

My mum always said my cousin's kids were my second cousins. They are actually my first cousins once removed and I am THEIR second cousin.

Yeah, your cousin’s kids are your first cousins once removed, but their kids are your first cousins twice removed, once removed means they’re one generation away from you, twice removed means they’re two generations away from you.
    oNPKztK.jpg
    LOVE IS LOVE - Gilbert and Bruno Ferro
    He/They
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    we all the talk of family trees... I've got that song in my head again...LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYlJH81dSiw
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited March 2023
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Growing Together encouraged me to also purchase some kits I didn't have which were the following:
    • Bathroom Clutter Kit
    • Simtimates Collection
    • Every Day Clutter
    • Pastel Pop

Now that I have everything downloaded, I'm ready to get started.

Initially, I was going to play with these two Sims, their families and friends.
    New_Family.jpg

Yet, I decided to go back to another family along with their in-laws and friends to play. As various packs have released, I've played with various family members on both sides. So, I'm looking forward to getting back to them. This is actually my favorite couple in the game; so, I'm excited to start over with these two as they progress through college, meeting for the first time, dating, marriage and starting their family.
    Meet Denton and Bella—my favorite couple.
    Denton_&_Bella_Close_up.jpg

Bella as a teen
    Hair-2.jpg

Closeup photos of Bella as a young adult.
    Hair-3.jpg

Hair-4.jpg

Closeup of Denton as a young adult.
    Denton.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I have no time to play but I looked at CAS, it’s very nice! Some categories are empty or close to empty, one earring, no shoes etc. But I guess this is replaced by the new skin details and infant stuff, and more men’s clothes.

There are quite a lot of clothes and the textures and details are really nice, some really good swatches as well, it’s a big step up from the base game clothes.

Not sure how much I will use it but definitely while I’m playing growing together there is lots of good CAS to use. I especially like the T-shirt with the elephants, or flowers depending which swatch you pick. Really nice.