Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Base Game Update vs Growing Together

What will be in the base game? Will sims characteristics be included & conversation likes & dislikes?

Comments

• Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    they we not be in the update... from what I was watching yesterday..
  • Options
    lienne11lienne11 Posts: 192 Member
    they we not be in the update... from what I was watching yesterday..

They won’t be?
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    As far as I understand the base game update will raise the limit for likes and dislikes from 20 to 50
    The growing together pack will bring sims characteristics and conversation likes
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I think base game is getting the new dialogue pie chart, the updated newborns and the base game version of infants. Also getting the like/dislike limit raised, science babies and some of the infant furniture and items like sensory toys and improved high chair.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2023
  • Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    I finally managed to update and had a quick look on buy mode. I think the play mat must be pack exclusive as I couldn’t find it anywhere.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Lilia1971 wrote: »
    I finally managed to update and had a quick look on buy mode. I think the play mat must be pack exclusive as I couldn’t find it anywhere.

I think so. It was only shown in growing together trailers and it seems quite closely tied in with how the infant learns milestones and improves its mobility which is a pack only thing. The carrier is pack only too. Not sure about changing table.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Base Game Update doesn't have Changing Tables or Dynamics.
  • Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Lilia1971 wrote: »

I think so. It was only shown in growing together trailers and it seems quite closely tied in with how the infant learns milestones and improves its mobility which is a pack only thing. The carrier is pack only too. Not sure about changing table.

Yeah, that makes sense. I’m holding off on playing infants until I download the pack.
  • Options
    In case anyone is interested to see which items come with the patch, you can find an overview here on sims community. I actually missed a few last night like the llama and a few decorations
  • Options
    itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    > @JustinB113 said:
    > I think base game is getting the new dialogue pie chart, the updated newborns and the base game version of infants. Also getting the like/dislike limit raised, science babies and some of the infant furniture and items like sensory toys and improved high chair.

Science babies? Is that like cloning or IVF?
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    In case anyone is interested to see which items come with the patch, you can find an overview here on sims community. I actually missed a few last night like the llama and a few decorations
    TYSM for this. I was having a devil of a time finding the new stuff.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    > @JustinB113 said:
    > I think base game is getting the new dialogue pie chart, the updated newborns and the base game version of infants. Also getting the like/dislike limit raised, science babies and some of the infant furniture and items like sensory toys and improved high chair.

You can choose to have a science baby with one sim or with two sims. In both cases you will get a baby almost right away.

It is not exactly IVF because there is no pregnancy and the baby is instantaneous. I think this feature is meant to represent surrogacy because there is no pregnancy.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited March 2023
    > @JustinB113 said:

You can choose to have a science baby with one sim or with two sims. In both cases you will get a baby almost right away.

It is not exactly IVF because there is no pregnancy and the baby is instantaneous. I think this feature is meant to represent surrogacy because there is no pregnancy.

Is like TS3 Into the Future, when go to Oasis Landing lab to have a baby

(yah, at ST3 that was the only option without mods to have biological baby at same sex couple, and at TS4 no need customize gender to have baby in this way)
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    > @JustinB113 said:

Lumpinou just came out with a mod to give you the choice of going through pregnancy or having the baby immediately if you choose to have a science baby.
  • Options
    Starfree wrote: »
    > @JustinB113 said:

Lumpinou just came out with a mod to give you the choice of going through pregnancy or having the baby immediately if you choose to have a science baby.

Yes, I already know about that one. I might actually give it a try if that allows me to have a birth certificate for the science baby by delivering at the hospital
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I figured since they included that tummy time mat in BG that we’d get the interaction, but nope, it’s just a rug if you don’t get the expansion. disappointing.