Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infants Official Countdown Thread (Out Now!!!)

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @SimKonfetti, and anyone else who wanted to know what happens to an existing baby after the patch. My baby was still in its bassinet. I couldn't see any differences, but the father could go from cuddling him to rocking him without putting him back in the bassinet. There were a few more options, too, like choosing a feeding preference. I then aged him up to infant, and oh my, he is so cute!
  • VibseVibse Posts: 100 Member
    my games are back and patch downloading. glad they fixed the issue at least for me
    Origin ID: Vibse83
    The Jensen family tree
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Finally mine as well. Downloaded patch but still repaired game for everything to show. Plays fine.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    I was finally able to load my game as well. It shouldn't be this hard to play a game :( I should have stayed in bed and not got up early to play lol
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,821 Member
    awww... pie menu nightmare, i have to learn how all over again boohoo... :'(
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited March 2023
    It finally let me log in & all of my DLC was there, thankfully! I made some infants & took a look at the new build/buy items. All of it is SUPER adorable & I can’t wait to actually play once the pack comes out on Thursday! I’ll probably still play around a bit tonight & tomorrow, too, though, lol.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Thank you so very much Maxis/EA for not breaking my baby outfits and baby bottle, I am forever grateful <3
    sz9a73C.png
    SVYGoX1.png

xPBzIFF.png
    3Fk5JaD.png
    XI6hMOz.png

• ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Well I finally got in and the patch downloaded. Good luck everyone, this has been stressful.

My sim who was pregnant gave birth ... to triplets!! Have never had that in the game before and the house isn't on a ley line. Talk about in at the deep end and she already had a toddler. Honestly might switch to another house to just enjoy one baby properly, this is going to be too chaotic.

Also thanks EA for being so generous with the basegame items. There's a really nice selection of rugs, beds and toys and even a bookshelf full of toddler books. Some lovely baby clutter items too.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    My dad Sim found he can use the bathroom while holding the baby is that supposed to be a thing lol
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Still nothing but Schrödinger's cats in my library. I'm giving up for now, I'll save the galaxy tomorrow.
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    Well I finally got in and the patch downloaded. Good luck everyone, this has been stressful.

My sim who was pregnant gave birth ... to triplets!! Have never had that in the game before and the house isn't on a ley line. Talk about in at the deep end and she already had a toddler. Honestly might switch to another house to just enjoy one baby properly, this is going to be too chaotic.

Also thanks EA for being so generous with the basegame items. There's a really nice selection of rugs, beds and toys and even a bookshelf full of toddler books. Some lovely baby clutter items too.

Oh my goodness! My sim just had twins and I was freaking out! Can't imagine triplets AND a toddler hehe. Good luck! :D
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    I loaded a few older games that had loving couples living together who have lost their relationship history with one another (I get the meeting option screen). Also, I'm very sad to see that the actor career (where you can go with them on the job) has not been fixed for me. I'll be looking at what the new patch offers in a few minutes.
    Came to share some of my nonsense just these few here.
    OvS5dV8l.png
    I was having Vlad work on the single mom and decided he should have a science baby, little Zuri is very....interesting, and he just loves her to pieces so I guess baby love works on him, this is before I removed all the bad stuff he's still evil but no undead aura.
    c4Luu80l.png
    His girl's daughter isn't so sure about the tiny invader.
    NARyW7cl.png
    I don't think they noticed.
    wic9eIzl.png
    I guess the kitten wanted tummy time instead.
    n9lIf9Cl.png
    I let Bella and Mortimer adopt a kid, he's intense.
    ZLDeN6Tl.png
    This is funny as it seems they really can't believe he got so upset over being put down, how dare they I guess.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • goldann25goldann25 Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 2023
    The newborns are so cute
  • ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    Today has been TERRIBLE for me trying to get the dang update! First the update is 20 gb for me and I scramble trying to optimize space and ultimately had to go to the store to get an external hard drive. I just spent the last 2 hours moving files to the hard drive and FINALLY get the space I need (and some for Thursday), just for EA to start being a jerk face! Refreshing the app and restarting the app and going online and offline worked and it is OFFICIALLY and FINALLY updating... Just in time for me to have to go to bed lol. I give up today haha
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,821 Member
    thats too bad for folks that have tight schedule... i feel fo you all ! these updates are really upsetting to alot of people.
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    My goodness Vlad infants look positively cursed :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited March 2023
    Downloading now . . .

(my goodness the size of this patch i am glad i waited its crawling infant speed)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I do want to say thank you to @EA Help. The 2-hour wait to get the update seemed like a very long time, but really was only a small blip. And the infants were worth the wait.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    edited March 2023
    EDIT: Never mind.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited March 2023
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I do want to say thank you to @EA Help. The 2-hour wait to get the update seemed like a very long time, but really was only a small blip. And the infants were worth the wait.

Yeah, I know that we were all upset yesterday because we’d been waiting for this update for so long, lol, but to be fair, a LOT of people were trying to download it at the same time & it was resolved in a fairly reasonable amount of time. That’s not to say that they shouldn’t have been more prepared for this type of thing (& hopefully the same thing doesn’t happen when the pack releases tomorrow!! :D lol), but things happen & at least we can play now!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,654 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

Aside from that I haven’t seen anything about bugs, or major ones anyway. It looks like we got our wish that it wouldn’t unleash havoc. I ended up getting it early because I needed to do a repair for an unrelated issue and I was happy the update didn’t add to the misery.🙂
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I don't think their new app is working very well, I hope things get smoothened out. I also think it was wrong to force people move over from origin. I've had some other troubles with the app as well, so this wasn't the first time and tbh I don't have much patience to fight with it.
    I was gonna leave my computer on for the download but I think I'll play itself and worry about it after work.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    edited March 2023
    Anyone else missing babies when returning to their lot? I have a crib on the lot still showing the babies name but my adult sims can't interact with the crib at all as it is empty.
    Post edited by Brd709 on