Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell me about your big saves

My favorite thing in the sims has always been playing with a big cast of characters, creating links between families. I like playing in a very loose rotation, always aging off, jumping from households to households as the mood strikes. Sometimes you wanna play a nice happy family, other times you need to play an unhinged old dude with his 16 cats, you feel me? A save always feels more special when you "know" everyone!

Sadly blogs and forums are dying and it's getting harder to find people who play like me. So please, tell me all about your world! What's your favorite families, how long have you played them, what's going on in their lives? Do you plan in advance and make their homes etc match your vision or do you make a household and go with the flow? At what point do you feel like a household's story is "finished" and you let them become a background character? Have you ever revived a background character because they were better suited for a new pack?

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    edited March 2023
    I have 6 saves, and every one is themed. For example, one is dedicated to building, and another is dedicated to creating freaks and weirdos. I play 5 out of 6 of those saves in heavy rotation.

Gameplay; there are never any background stories (or families) in my games, my sims live for the moment. If I send a sim to my outdoor club in Windenburg in a blizzard, and people are dancing in the snow (and falling lol), that's the story. It's all about making my sims do funny stuff.

Oh, and as for big saves; I think I have a couple of them with over 50 households?
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    edited March 2023
    I have two main saves that I always come back to. One is a rotational play with all the pre-mades. My plan is eventually to have them ALL linked in the family tree as one big family. I like to put different household sims into uni together where they will develop their relationships and then they get together and have their kids after uni.

My favourite save is my Legacy save. I play each family member on a rotational basis. I am currently playing with grandchild 7/10 of the original founder. I play each family until each child has gone through uni and has got married and had their first child. It is getting longer and longer to play each family with each new pack that is released. Growing Together is going to make a massive difference to my game and I can see it taking even longer to play each rotation but I'm not complaining! There is a link to my legacy tree in my signiture.
    Post edited by kerryemmiebeth on
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited March 2023
    I play mostly with premades and mixing them with each other
    so for me its more about exploring them all in my own time
    I've been playing this save about 3? years by now
    and most of the households are only like on the first few children :lol:

I also aspire to build something of my own for every lot in the game while at it
    so thats rather time consuming

as for stories i sometimes scheme beforehand
    and sometimes i just feel like playing some family without particular goal
    and as for when story is finished it really never is
    unless the sim is dead they'll be on background chillin as i play other household

I don't really revive sims all that much
    because i feel like by the time i kill them their purpose in the story is fulfilled
    i don't want to do everything in the game with one family and all that

but i do have plans to maybe resurrect Emily Parcel when I get HSY
    because she barely got to exist in my save
    before she had the bad luck of meeting Olive Specter :lol:
    and I do think I might make her teacher
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited March 2023
    My playstyle sounds very similar - I have one main save, a very loose rotation though I like to keep aging either normal or long. The aging progress is really slow though because I play thirty or more households. Ideally I'd like to build some history or add characteristics to each world and then the families living there would get to enjoy this rich environment. However I do sometimes have trouble tying the loose ends and also when sims die it can leave an empty spot. Like I had this cult kind of neighbourhood in Oasis Springs where the leader died and I haven't had clear idea how to build the community back up. Generally there's just a lot to keep up with, but I like to aim high despite the hit and miss success. I also just enjoy different kind of families, all sorts of occults and personalities. I have real trouble letting go of families. I think having the aging on makes it more difficult, I just want to be with them until the end. I've been writing blog stories from my save since 2015. There's so much going on that's not ending up in the blog, but at least I always have something to write about when an inspiration hits.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    That sounds really good. I think I play differently from most people. I have 3 teenage sisters that live together. No family but lots of friends and I like to edit the townies as I play.

I pick an expansion pack or game pack or stuff pack, and they will focus on that until they ‘complete’ it. They will wear the CAS, live in the world, use the B/B, do the gameplay features. Then when they’re done take a nice photo and move onto the next adventure. Their story is very casual, like a cartoon TV series or something. I’ve done this for about half a year and it’s the most fun I had with sims.

For growing together I’m giving them a complete reboot and starting a new save where they will grow up from children with new looks, the extra personality traits and a family which I will also try to keep playing. When they are teens again I am thinking to move them to Get Famous or Eco Lifestyle to continue their adventures.

Having the additional family members will help me play some of the more ‘solo’ packs that are hard to play with 3 sims - I might have their uncle open a restaurant for example.

Prior to that I was focusing on all sims in San Myshuno but I find rotational play a bit difficult and never come back to older sims. I do think it’s very cool if you can make a whole world of your own sims.
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I have a few different saves, one specifically for my supernaturals, a legacy one and a couple of other random ones.

But my favourite one I am so connected with most of my sims. Started as a strict rotation fully planned out. But I found this a bit hard to maintain and I used to lose interest if I got to a household where I wasn't quite sure of a plan for them, or it was a bit boring getting them there.
    So then I decided I would make it more relaxed. I choose at random, but I do have a notebook of ages and family links so that I make sure they are aged up in the right order etc.
    And I go with the flow more, I recently found a household with a toddler and a baby in it, no parents so I had one of my sims take them in. Took a lot of figuring out and has completely thrown off my originals plans for them, but seems to have opened up the possibilities a bit more. I also think this could go so well with Growing Together, not too sure if the family dynamics will be relevant though as they aren't official children. :/
    In this save I have:
    A scientist girl who took in her little alien brother (who was a massive curveball in my game anyway) when her mum died and dad moved to the retirement home. Actually ended up working so well for her story.
    A pro at flower arranging and has her own store she runs with her husband and has his son and adoptive daughter chat with the customers when they get back to school.
    A 5 star celeb.
    A wannabe criminal who married a guy, stole his money, slept around with other men and woman fathered twins who have disappeared (literally, they have pictures in his family tree but are completely gone from game and not aging either,) but he has semi learnt the error of his ways. He got a young girl pregnant and decided he didn't want to lose this child too so they are settling down together.
    I had the 'perfect' nuclear family, the son has grown up wanting the same thing, they won the lottery, had twins themselves and now his wife isn't happy.. Not sure on where this one is going to go just yet...
    I have a police man. An explorer...

I need to start planning the next generations starting points really.

Basically trying to get a bit of variety throughout the families in this save. Sorry for the rambling! :D
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I created my Cantrell family for the mini-series in my siggie. So, Brianna being the O/C, Erik and her other siblings and parents were background characters created to fill out her own background. I used to play her in my games, to do what I wasn't able to do in the book. I've played them since Sims2, quite frankly. Erik became the Mayor of whatever neighborhood they were living in way back then. When we got a professional singer career in Sims3, I switched to Erik as the main star, if you will. He ended up living with his sister and her new husband, so I could continue to control him as he built his career. That way I could build Brianna's family, too. It took a great deal of effort for me, to let him move out. Finally the time was ready, but he had a disastrous love-life. He fell in love too quickly, without really getting to know the woman he chose to make his life-partner. Breaking things off before they walked down the aisle, usually. He finally married and they had a baby boy right away. She used to put the newborn out on the lawn, at night, in the rain. (She did this autonomously.)

When Sims4 came around I brought Erik back to be my Founder of the Pinstar Legacy Challenge. I discovered playing on normal was just too short. Erik died and then his wife died a few hours apart. I decided after I completed the challenge (when the first heir of generation ten was born) that I wanted to play him again. On LONG. Some of you have read my updates and know how often I've had to restart.

So, it's no surprise, I'm sure, that I have chosen Erik and his bride-to-be, to be the first of my Sims to play with Infants.

I also play a loose rotation, if you can even call it that. Particularly when I was playing my ancestral save. I have my favorites, that I don't like to leave, but if one of the other families was due to have another child, I would pop on over and using MCCC get that child started, or sometimes even born, if I left things too late. It's a bit more fun for me to do it that way, rather than a strict, house one, house two, house three, start again.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I don't play it a lot anymore but my Westbrook save is still one on my favorites. It's rotational but all households are descendants of my founding Sim, Emilia Westbrook and Paolo Rocca. It started out as the "I'm a Lover" Challenge but quickly became a rotational save. It was actually one of my first times playing rotational.

Like I said, I don't play it very often anymore. I got frustrated when I realize I had skipped generation 4's toddler pictures and lost all motivation. Until that point, I had every single lifestage of every single sim documented.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    I dunno about big saves, but I've got some long lived ones.

The initial vampire save I did that was long term turned into one where the initial vampire served to sire the second [the face of my avatar] which I then decided was my favorite and is 520some days old. I also have a variation of that save where she is stand alone and racking up quite the fortune as the night time shift crime leader... Oracle.

But that first save was unique in that the family won the lotto of a million simoleans and such.. Its getting fairly empty, that first save. That save, vampire retired from Oracle and went to scientists career, then dabbled in stuff... And had children as well, I dont really know how many, just that its been over 10 kids that have been grown up and moved/died/etc..

Similar with the second variable on that save, she's had a number of kids and they've grown and such...

Then there's my Yopson save. He started out in the detective career and had a cat. I eventually let the cat die or something as I started basically seeing how many kids I could get before it broke the game... Thus far, he has fathered 114 kids in total; about 5-10 have already died, and he has several grandkids somewhere in that game. I have taken the choice to export several of his offspring into my library. As far as I can tell, he's had 14 kids with an imported version of Lilith Pleasant and 2-6 children with many of the other females in that game. Even ended a couple papparazi this way.... Nosy things.

Depending on the update, I'm leaning toward Yopson settling down with Lilith Pleasant, maybe 130 kids isnt all that far off anymore...
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    My save file is all about world-building. It's a world where occults live out in the open and have their own, unique cultures. (Spellcasters have a school and a religious leader, Orcs live in tribes, many lots are built with "panic rooms" to accommodate werewolves, etc.) There are tons of long-running families, each with their own theme and place in society. There are tons of intricate societal rules and quirks I make my sims follow, unique holidays for each occult, and drama. Just recently, I capped off a plot that's been running for about 4~ IRL years, about an evil spellcaster who stays immortal by possessing the body of his descendants.

I play every family, but my main family are the Stellars. They're a spellcaster family who don't have a concrete theme compared to most families, since I like to change things up. But unlike most spellcasters, they're more willing to marry outside their life state. The current religious leader is one of their ancestors, and that's a whole bit of drama because he had to execute the current heir's dad for plot-related reasons, it's this whole thing.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    I haven't played in my big rotational save in a long time, but I recently had an idea of how to get back to it (the story was running out and it was getting glitchy). I started it with four sims about to go through university: a brother/sister pair, then potential spouses for each of them. The potential spouses hit it off with each other, so the siblings found their own love interests. I also had an alien scientist to play through the active career. Then I made some mermaids to play with, discovered mods to flesh them out, and suddenly I had a couple of occult dynasties that were all up in each other's business. Gen 2 had a storyline where the alien scientist's daughter wanted help from the astronaut hero of strangerville and a spellcaster in being more normal; when they wouldn't, she cloned their wives to keep captive, then fed the real wives bad pufferfish. Gen 3 had a Romeo/Juliet storyline between the the spellcaster/astronaut's traumatized children. Spellcaster had been going to set up his son with the mermaid baby he had raised from infancy, but the son had other ideas.

Once Gen 3 got together, I ran out of steam on their stories. The story needed something like werewolves, but at the time those weren't anywhere near the roadmap. I didn't want to stop with those sims since I was so attached, but I didn't have any ideas for where to take them. I tend to set up an end goal for my sims, then roll with whatever the game gives me on the way. My stories have been way better for not sticking strictly to the script. If I had stuck to my original plan, I would have just had two cookie-cutter families living in the suburbs instead of three occult families building towards...something.

I'm not a huge builder, but I love taking photos. I just trawl through tumblr looking for suitable houses. This storyline actually happened across 3 saves. The first I just moved into a better, rebuilt save file very early on, no story explanation. MCCC settings got away from me, so I needed to move them again. I made an evil spellcaster to play the paranormal pack, and she was instantly attracted to my main spellcaster. So that made a convenient story was to justify suddenly dragging them all into a completely different reality. I tend to get the kids to play out new packs or make a new sim and work them into the main storyline.

I never intended to let any of them fade into background characters; I couldn't bear for them to age and die off unplayed. However, I recently had an idea for how to work in werewolves and a few favorite characters into a new variation on this main story. I've been making a lot of extra background characters in CAS while waiting for Growing Together to drop, and imported a extra families that I played for a short period before moving on. Once I update to infants, I'm going to get back into this with a new save for the favorites - new makeovers, new friends, new buildings. It's going to be fun.

My other save was a legacy, so I only cared about the one main family. I kept it separate because I didn't care about the background characters, and I knew it would bother me if any of my faves did weird things in the background.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    My biggest save has 214 sims marked played and about twenty permanent townies, the rest I cull manually after each session. The game is not allowed to cull sims or relationships and relationship decay is set to 10% to ensure that the only changes that occur come from actual gameplay. Aging is off, I move the timeline along when it feels appropriate.

The story in this save revolves around the detective career sims and their extended families, to the point that whenever world-shattering events occur (like werewolves getting discovered, magic coming to the world or the first contact with Sixam), those events somehow are centered on the Detroit municipal police, central station. It's totally unrealistic, but that's just how things are.

Supporting characters fade in and out of the spotlight. I play a household intensely and then have them stay in the background for rl months. Sometimes I think I do not really play my sims, but the overall story of my city. I decide what event will happen next, and then I pick a family that fits this theme best.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I have a few little side saves (like my save for JTB, which I didn't really want in my main save), but I mostly play one large rotational save that has been ongoing since I started the game. I, too, play in a loose rotation; some households I play more frequently or for longer periods; sometimes it depends on my mood, sometimes it depends on what new gameplay I want to check out.

I couldn't tell you exactly how many households I have, but I'm usually hitting right around, or just under 200 played Sims. I try to keep 200 as the cap for performance, but there are some "background" sims that I move in and out of unplayed periodically, whenever I need room to have a baby, add a pet, etc. I've never had a problem with any of those being culled, as they are housed, have jobs, and have relationships with my played sims. (I also regularly cull the unplayed sims that are automatically generated.)

Someone pointed out to me a few years ago that the premades/townies for various worlds often have a hidden trait to indicate that they are a native of that world. (E.g., Sulani native, Henford native, etc.). So when I start a new pack, I go in and evict all of the premades, then add them to one household with maybe some townies, local sims from the gallery, or sims of my own creation, and I make sure that they already have (or I add) that hidden trait, before evicting them all again. That way, I can free up houses, while also improving my odds of having locals of my own choice wandering around, instead of just, like, Nancy and Katrina. However, sometimes I will also temporarily leave the premades in their original homes until I actually have a need to move in a different household.

While I don't play with most of the premades, I do at least occasionally check in on the classics, like the Goths and Landgraabs, and definitely give them jobs, update their houses, maybe add family or other relationships. For TS4, I had to add a Worthington family (frenemies of the Landgraabs), because I was surprised they haven't shown up yet, since they date back to at least TS2 in both lore and premades.

Usually I just wait for ideas for new households to come to me, based on new pack content, a name I heard that I thought was cool, old sims lore, etc. I'm not actually planning to create any new households for Growing Together, but I'm going to start creating families with several of my existing households that have been on hold for years. Oh, and not surprisingly, I play with aging off. Though with the new pack, I expect I will soon start using manual age-ups more frequently than I have so far.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I play only one save, the one that was started back in 2014. I'm amazed that it still works. And - without any way I can stop it, the population is growing - and that is *before* we get infants... Last time I looked there was nearly 600 sims. I think there might be 120 households, all actively played, but yup, some visited just quickly to adjust with careers and births etc.

I focus a lot on community building, and the more I add the better I understand how things should have been done differently in the past. So, there is always development. I have a kingdom ruled through 3 chambers, where of one has 21 politicians including a President and a VP. There are 5 years elections and currently 3 political parties. There is also nobility with a good range of dukes, counts and barons. When I realized my royal family had only lower ranked sims to mingle, I founded 2 more kingdoms, LOL, but those are mostly the royal family and hardly any stately system.

I like to make essential stuff available to the common sims, ie I use cc corkboards with stuff to hang on it, and I create new swatches to allow sims to decorate with anything from favorite party logo to signed card from their favorite actress or musician. Elders like to add a photo of the royal family, LOL. I also make CC to have tons of nice and formal family portraits on the manor's walls. The royal palace has tons, but other finer Houses often have a handful, too.

And I keep family trees and profile pages for all sims, many trees going back 6-7 generations. I actually played Sim Medieval just to learn a bit about their founders and how they looked :)

Half the fun for me is to plan and organize, and most of it is available on my TS4 site (tons more contents than you will ever want to see, LOL), plus my blog. I also have a local Newspaper online.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,659 Member
    I have two saves currently and they are both SimLit stories. The big one is Under The Tartosan Sun and that one has 6 main characters and at least 15-20 secondary characters that pop in and out. The ladies in my profile picture, Londyn and Danielle are the stars of the show so to speak. They are my own creations. The other four are Summer and Liberty who have received makeovers and their fiancés who are my own creations. The secondary characters only include one or two premades the rest are my own. The other story Schemes & Dreams is just getting started so the cast is still growing. It's has more premades, mostly the celebrities, Judith, Brytani, Octavia, and Thorne. I gave Johnny Zest a radical makeover into a drag queen named Lady Mimi, who has turned into everybody's favorite character. The rest are almost entirely my own creations. Both stories still have quite a few of the premades still in them, but they're just background filler. Occasionally one will have a brief appearance but nothing more.

When I started both stories I intended for the sims to do their own thing and I would build storylines and dialogue from anything interesting they did that I thought I could work with. Both stories have turned into more of a situation where I come up with the storyline and then I direct the action to get the shots I want. That happened for a few different reasons, but the main reason was a lot of the main characters had careers that are part of the story but they're the type of careers that if I don't direct them to write a novel or accept an acting gig, nothing will ever happen. As I've gone on I've realized I can do something similar with the ones with rabbit hole careers. I build lots to look like and perform like their workplace. When the storyline calls for them to do something at work I send them to the lot I made and I act out their work scenes. Since they are technically unemployed I cheat them some money every sim week or two to simulate a paycheck. So they have their days free to do whatever they want when I'm off with one of the other households until I need them to 'work'. It's so much more fun to act out what I think is happening at work instead of them just disappearing for a few hours.
  • NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    I'm not quite done reading everyone's entry yet but keep em coming, I love it (and for the person who said sorry about rambling: never be sorry when you talk about the things you love!)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited March 2023
    Only one save for me since I started playing in early 2017, and yep, it's a big one. I made a second save about a year and a half ago, mostly to try out different versions of families and stories from the other one, but didn't get very far with it.

My main save is filled with all kinds of different sims, including my simself and sim versions of my friends and family, as well as characters from video games, novels, TV shows and movies, premades, etc. With roughly 340 played sims across over 100 households, you can probably imagine that I've tried out all ages, occults, and living conditions I could think of. The most boring world to me would be one where everybody is exactly like me. That being said, there are certain repeating patterns in my gameplay. For example, my sims tend to focus more on their hobbies and careers than social contacts and romance, and while I do play with families of varying sizes as well, most of the kids come straight out of CAS rather than being born in-game.

What defines my playstyle the most is probably the worlds, and how each has a different theme that is represented by the sims living there. In other words: I don't just move households wherever I want, but to a place where they actually fit in. The worlds themselves also follow certain rules. I have divided them into four different regions: The urban region with its capital San Myshuno, the country region with its capital Windenburg, the mountainous region with its capital Mt. Komorebi, and the desert region with its capital Del Sol Valley. I know that these distinctions only exist in my head, but they do influence the way I play. For example, if a sim from Windenburg wants to hit the gym, but there isn't one in their hometown, they visit the one in Brindleton Bay, another world within the country region, rather than the one in Oasis Springs, which is part of the desert region.

These are the themes of the individual worlds at the moment:

URBAN REGION
    - San Myshuno: The future
    Inhabited by asari, androids, and sims with futuristic tendencies. Mayor: Cerulean Quinnette, a rare "male" asari that is secretly an android.
    - Evergreen Harbor: Eco lifestyle
    Pretty much what the entire pack is about. All neighbourhoods are green. Mayor: Jacqueline Nought.
    - San Sequoia: Not sure yet
    Copperdale is already my designated "family world", so this one will get a different theme. No mayor yet, obviously.
    - Willow Creek: Arts and aristocracy
    The residents are - you guessed it - artists and/or aristocrats. Mayor: Lady Catherine de Bourgh-Bingley.
    - Newcrest: Religion
    Two rivalling churches and a mayor trying to broker peace between their congregations. Mayor: High Priestess Domaris.
    - Magnolia Promenade: Post-apocalyptic wasteland
    Families struggling to survive the aftermath of an industrial calamity. Mayor: Dustin Fowlsten.

COUNTRY REGION
    - Windenburg: Antique meets Modern
    Every neighbourhood represents a different time period, in a way. Can't say the mayor's name, it might be offensive.
    - Brindleton Bay: Pets
    Every household must include at least one non-human member, be it a furry pet or a farm animal. Mayor: Thor Brindleton (a cat).
    - Henford-on-Bagley: Farms
    Similar to Brindleton Bay, residents are gardeners and/or ranchers. Mayor: Lavina Chopra (unplayed).
    - Britechester: Higher education
    Again, the very theme of the pack the world comes with, but some people are staying there permanently. Mayor: John Jacob Gibbs.
    - Copperdale: Family
    Mostly inhabited by families, or households with at least one child or teenager. Mayor: To be determined.

MOUNTAINOUS REGION
    - Mt. Komorebi: Winter sports
    Residents are winter sports enthusiasts and/or fans of the Japanese-ish culture. Mayor: Masahiro Shimizu.
    - Granite Falls: Capital of magic
    Turned residential via mod, each lot is inhabited by a different occult species. Mayor: Rana Thanoptis.
    - Glimmerbrook: Spellcasters
    The theme says it all. Mayor: Pompiliu Popescu.
    - Moonwood Mill: Werewolves
    Mayor: To be determined.
    - Forgotten Hollow: Vampires
    Mayor: Vladislaus Dracul Straud (who will probably move to Granite Falls soon, however, making Alcina Dimitrescu his successor).

DESERT REGION
    - Del Sol Valley: The rich and famous
    All residents are already world-famous for one reason or another, or aspiring to become famous. Mayor: Ronald Frump.
    - Oasis Springs: Aliens
    The town where the first UFO from Sixam crashed. Residents are aliens or space-exploring humans. Mayor: Bobo Chichi.
    - StrangerVille: Strangeness
    Only for the strangest of my families and the few outsiders that don't fit in anywhere else. Mayor: Rosario Piantamadre.
    - Tartosa: Love
    Mostly couples, married or otherwise. Mayor: Regina di Cuori.
    - Selvadorada: Adventure and archaeology
    Inhabited by sims who were born here and/or are interested to learn about the history of the place. Mayor: To be determined.
    - Sulani:
    Mermaids and sims who enjoy living the island life, also angels in Lani St. Taz. Mayor: Makoa Kealoha.

... Sorry for the lengthy post that probably includes way more information than anyone ever asked for. But I had a lot of time waiting for the EA App to finally work again.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Ninoosim wrote: »
    My favorite thing in the sims has always been playing with a big cast of characters, creating links between families. I like playing in a very loose rotation, always aging off, jumping from households to households as the mood strikes. Sometimes you wanna play a nice happy family, other times you need to play an unhinged old dude with his 16 cats, you feel me? A save always feels more special when you "know" everyone!

Sadly blogs and forums are dying and it's getting harder to find people who play like me. So please, tell me all about your world! What's your favorite families, how long have you played them, what's going on in their lives? Do you plan in advance and make their homes etc match your vision or do you make a household and go with the flow? At what point do you feel like a household's story is "finished" and you let them become a background character? Have you ever revived a background character because they were better suited for a new pack?

I've basically played with the same save from the very start. Like you, it's been a rotational (when I feel like it) game where I've just added more and more characters and people as I've needed them for my "main sims". Some of those additions became main sims.
    There's been ideas in my head, but times when the game has never gone in the direction I have wanted to go. I always have visions for my sims and have never just played them to go with the flow....they're my "design for my world". LOL. I am the Creator.
    I have too many favorite sims to list, right from Frank Miner who was created in 2014 all the way up to the current sims I am playing in 2023.

I would absolutely DIE if anything ever happened to this save.

And yes, I have revived a sim...(in this same save) and used her to serve another purpose in a different story line....they both co-exist.

Destiny is my gardener/collector sims who made all plants perfect.
    kiSnDAu.png

Her "mold" in CAS became Ms Higganbotham when witches came out. She needed a few tweaks I just wanted a witch already adept at gardening and potions.

kRmkPXM.png
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I have multiple save files, and different things going on, as well as similar things.
    For my PC version, I have at least 8-10 save files, but each one just has one family. Those save files I plan for the one family to extend through the save file through generations.
    My PS 4 version is a whole other animal. I have at least 6-7 at the moment, and the best way to describe it is insane. My biggest save file also serves as my test file. In it I was on a Frozen kick, so my Sims are Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff based on canon, AU, and other stuff all living together. I threw in some other Sims too to break up having just Sims based on Frozen. It is hilarious seeing my magic realm made up of nothing but Elsa Sims, though. I also plan to change the file through generations, for example, one family has a family I named one kid Hiccup, and another one Astrid, so I plan to change it up through generations.
    Two other big save files I have are similar, I have normal Sims in both, but each one is filled up with Sims based on series I like. I like a series called Natsume's book of friends, and have my own version of the main character, as well as ones downloaded from the Gallery. I have more of a mixture of series I like in another save file.
    One save file I am working on is loosely based off of Harry Potter. I have five families so far, but plan to add more. My main three are Ron, Harry, and Hermione as toddlers in their families. I am keeping Harry's parents alive, and have to leave the Ginny as an in-game born Sim, so there may end up being more Weasleys. My other two families are Harry and Ginny with their kids as teens, and Ron and Hermione with their kids as teens. Still working on the save file on and off.
    I have another save file with three families so far. Two were a separate Elsa and Anna, who I had pursuing careers. I wanted to focus on careers, so they had one to themselves. I gave Elsa two teens, and Anna with two teens, and a child she had with Kristoff. I gave Elsa a boyfriend when I moved her out, and edited a kid for her. She and her boyfriend don't like each other, but love their daughter. They were put on the back burner, because I used the save file for a scenario, and the Sim I made for ended up getting with Clement Frost. So, once I am done with the scenario, those two will be the founders on an not so planned legacy.
    I have another save file that I moved large families I created in CAS, and made them all neighbors. I wanted to experiment with looks, and wanted a place to put them, so I made a save file for them.
    My last current save file is based on my Sims 2 game. I used to keep a list of the Sims I created for Sims 2, and made them again for Sims 4. I have most of the families I created for Sims 2 in there, and may add a bit more, or keep the population smaller for now.
    I still plan to create some save files based on Avatar the last Airbender and Legend of Korra. As well as some other series I like. For my Avatar and Korra it may be generational like the series, or have Zuko and Mako the same age. It may be a mix of both. For series I like, I tend to create a save file dedicated just to them, however other series I like may be mixed into save files with normal Sims. I also don't want to fill up the entire save file since there isn't much room for the amount of Sims I want to include. In my first save file, almost every single available house is filled as well as houses I pulled from the Gallery. So, I have to plan my goals and save files going forward.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    My favorite save will always be my Gilmore Girls save, one that I created several years ago. I watched the entire Gilmore Girls series and loved the characters. A favorite Game Changer of mine started a Gilmore Girls Let's Play series on her channel and I was hooked. I poured over the Gallery looking for the main buildings and homes from the series. It took me months to collect all the main characters, then set up the town to my liking. By the time I moved it to another desktop, I had 70 Sims living in two worlds. All 70 of them consisted of the main characters as well as some of the minor characters that I took a liking to and wove into the story. Whenever I sat down to play that save, I made sure I had at least four hours to spare because it was a very intense save to play. There was always something going on that required my attention. The festivals, the holidays, town meetings. I tried to play it as closely as I could to mimic the series. It now sits on a desktop that has a 32-bit system. So, it is considered a Legacy save. Forever frozen in time but safe should I ever want to play with it again. But how playing it again would work with the EA App I don't know. Someday I will probably look into it because I might want to go back there and visit.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited March 2023
    These are my sims that I started playing in 2015. This is an old story, but it still continues to this very day.
    I refused to have them get married and start families because we did not have toddlers and family game play at the time.
    My_Sims_2.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

So they were pretty much Career/Party focused.
    12-06-15_4-07-33_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Olivia Banks is my main sim and everyone else is her friend or a friend of her friends.
    I play them all and intertwine their lives
    09-11-16_10-04-08_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

By the time we got toddlers and the packs I felt I needed, (Parenthood, Discover University, and High School Years) this group had grown to 24 sims. I felt it was time to start playing families.

Instead of matching them up, I decided to age them all down to toddlers in CAS and gave them parents.
    Chen2.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

But this was way back in 2017
    12-03-17_1-04-18_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Fast forward to 2021 and my first 3 toddlers have grown up and graduated Uni.
    And they wait while the other sims who are still children, teens, and a few YAs go through their education.
    01-03-21_12-34-25_AM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Every time we get a new pack, my sims are put on hold because I am testing out the new pack and creating new lots in test saves.
    Sometimes I set the game aside because I can't stand the bugs or a few annoying new features. High School Years was the reason for the latest Sims break. I had to create and test for the new pack, and I couldn't stand Fears because they wouldn't turn off.

These are the sims waiting for me to get back to playing High School Years with them.
    Students_hsy_profiles.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Six of them will be living in this high school dorm that I was using as private school housing before I got High School Years.
    07-28-22_1-04-14_PM_ugb2PgP1sFAKUgVXfYYaQs.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And now I get to use Growing Together as the rest of them go through Elementary School, High School, and University.
    I won't get to see infants until they start getting married and having babies. My first three sims missed out on Growing Together for their younger years, but it's okay timing for the rest.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    My Yopson save is just fine, the eyes are fine... The kids are fine, Yopson never was a direct father; he is hands off in most respects. Maybe GroTog will change that.

My first Thyme save, I've gotten scienced baby with Vlad strauss. Disappointed so far in lack of possible multiples...

Second Thyme save, finished the basic design for a 30x30 vamp house in Newcrest... Looks good. Just mainly spent time building this afternoon.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • SimlingtonSimlington Posts: 26 Member
    I'm in awe.
  • NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    edited March 2023
    I do have a notebook of ages and family links
    The absolute restraint I am displaying by NOT pulling out an entire binder for my sims like I did during sims 2 times... It is so tempting but I don't have as much time as I did back then ahah

Some of you have read my updates and know how often I've had to restart
    I see your pictures from time to time when I check one of the pictures thread :)

I play only one save, the one that was started back in 2014
    Everytime I visit your blog I'm jealous and in awe and also very overwhelmed by it all. Could have been me if I didn't restart my town every year oops!

fullspiral wrote: »
    I've basically played with the same save from the very start
    I remember bookmarking a bunch of your rotational threads for tips!

CK213 wrote: »
    These are my sims that I started playing in 2015
    What happened to the cat girls, that was you right?

Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    My favorite save will always be my Gilmore Girls save
    Don't tempt me :lol:

Boom just like that I get the itch to play and plan a new world again, so many amazing ideas!
    Post edited by Ninoosim on
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    I started out with one sim. He found love, married, had three children. Now I play all 8 of his grandchildren in rotation. I love seeing my sim family everywhere I go.