Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March 14th, 2023 - EA App Login Issues

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    For the third time now when I managed to get everything else working - it still doesn't give me an update to make.
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hello simmers! and EA

i thought it was me, but experiencing the same as everyone else
    it is now 2:43pm eastern time and still having issues logging in
    just want to play sims, can anyone tell me when this issue will be
    resolved? :/
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I can log in and the library shows but it is going back and won't load the game.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    1TitanGirl1TitanGirl Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been able to login, but not play the game.
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    I saw this on twitter someone tried and it worked for them but can't vouch that it will, but if you can get in the app and your library empty, this is what someone did. Okay everyone I know how to fix empty library in ea. Now that The Sims 4 infant update came out ea app i going crazy and my game went missing. You need to find it on search button and press download button. Then it will change to update. i hope it works for u too!
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    ok that worked! I was just Reloading the library over and over finely i got my TS4 and It's updating
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    Yay! Just keep trying. I logged in and it was updated, so good luck everyone.
  • Options
    Th3_H0wling_Ch1ldTh3_H0wling_Ch1ld Posts: 144 Member
    edited March 2023
    I am having similar issues with my game
    It was working perfectly fine before the Infants update but now that it's out i can no longer access any of my saves which annoys me because i have been waiting for this update since it was announced and even paused my Legacy family for this and now i can not play

Edit: Now it's not letting me log back in.
    Now it let me back in-
    My Legacy Family & Story Family are in one Save. Much easier...
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    To those who got lucky and got the patch installed:

did the app work after your refreshed it or did it just suddenly start working?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Finally! I got it working!

I don't know whether it's because it got fixed or I refreshed on the Home page.

But finally, I'm able to download the update.

Oh my Plumbob it took about 2 hours!
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I should have checked here first as it would've saved me some frustration.

It wouldn't let me log in at first, but I knew my password was correct. When I was able to log in, it said I had no games in my library. I had to quit and reopen the app a few times and then I was finally able to perform the update.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    So, what I've discovered is that once EA app catches up and tells you that you have games in your inventory, and it says you need to update the game...
    Go offline in the settings, and it will say "Unable to connect to servers", but it will also have the games that you have installed listed underneath.
    If you press the little blue triangle next to that game, the game will start WITHOUT updates!!
    I've just pressed it and my game has started ok :smile:
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    first it took too long to log me in after i updated my game on steam, now my game wont even launch. it wont even repair the dang game rn. ive tried running the game through the ea app and through steam and the game does not freaking launch
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 79 Member
    I'm having trouble with the app as well. I was hoping to download the patch on my PC first. I have sims 4 on playstation as well but wanted to play on my PC first instead. I have 2 saves I'm very fond of on my playstation. Looks like I may not be updating for a while
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I logged in finally, and like most people found an empty library. But I clicked on the shortcut to TS4 and was able to get into my game. Also my game shows all my DLC, so it's still there. No sign of an update, though. And now EAapp does show that I have TS4, but no other games.
  • Options
    Th3_H0wling_Ch1ldTh3_H0wling_Ch1ld Posts: 144 Member
    edited March 2023
    I had a tiny issue with logging in but it's working now (Thankfully)
    Though i cannot play any of my saves... I have the update but it comes up as an error when i try to continue my newest sim family

I tried restating my pc
    I tried repairing the game but nothings working and i am getting annoyed!

I wanted to play my Legacy family with this update but CAN'T because it's not letting me access my saves...
    My Legacy Family & Story Family are in one Save. Much easier...
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    asimbsim wrote: »
    So, what I've discovered is that once EA app catches up and tells you that you have games in your inventory, and it says you need to update the game...
    Go offline in the settings, and it will say "Unable to connect to servers", but it will also have the games that you have installed listed underneath.
    If you press the little blue triangle next to that game, the game will start WITHOUT updates!!
    I've just pressed it and my game has started ok :smile:

There is no little blue triangle unfortunately, it still shows only "update" where the triangle is supposed to be...
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    It’s not the app itself, it’s the EA servers. The team are aware of it and are working on a fix.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited March 2023
    In order to get the app to work, I had to reinstall it. Then, all my games showed up again and I was able to update the Sims. However, I just checked and all the DLC I own are missing. Update: I found the DLC. But it is weird because the store gives me the option to buy the packs but the game says I have them all.
  • Options
    I don't want to update yet, I just want to play offline without updating, but this doesn't seem to work? :(
  • Options
    Monicaelle_Monicaelle_ Posts: 69 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    I tried what Monicaelle_ suggested and it thankfully kinda worked but it looks like its not recognizing any of the DLC I own :s ! its so frustrating that this app constantly has issues, especially when the Sims 4 releases a new pack. I actually can't even update the game and its taking a longgg time to load the game pages to play them. This app feels like its still in the beta-testing phase lol

it took me a couple times. i had to log out and log back in! o
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »
    This is just so frustrating! Like seriously, why can't everything work like it did with Origin?

Not to mention it's fudging scary when $1000 worth of dlc just disappears without a trace.

@Aine try going into the EA folder on your start menu then choose the option for updating the app. That worked for me the other day when I had the "disappearing game library" problem.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    now my library can not even detect sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't want to update yet, I just want to play offline without updating, but this doesn't seem to work? :(

If you can login to EAapp (and that's a big if), try clicking on the Sims 4 shortcut on your desktop. But it won't let you play offline unless you're logged in.
  • Options
    Updating now, it will take long for all modders to catch up with this huge patch anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top