Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March 14th, 2023 - EA App Login Issues

Comments

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,333 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

You can also follow @TheSimsDirect on Twitter here for additional updates while we address this issue.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Simmer_Cherry1Simmer_Cherry1 Posts: 11 New Member
    Yey, this is great to hear! Was worried I would never see the adorable infants in-game! :)
  • Options
    DivapixieDivapixie Posts: 63 Member
    Having the same issues. I'm assuming it's because their servers are getting slammed with people trying to update asap.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited March 2023
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Hey all,

You can also follow @TheSimsDirect on Twitter here for additional updates while we address this issue.

Am I not able to play the game offline anymore without installing the patch? I always waited some days with installing the patch and played the game offline before on Origin, but now on the EA App this doesn't seem possible? Can you confirm that?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    This is just so frustrating! Like seriously, why can't everything work like it did with Origin?
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited March 2023
    Hey, idk if the patch came out yet, but with the EA app The Sims 4 and Sims Medieval are literally gone from my game library. I have no idea what to do. I signed out and resigned into the EA app and still nothing. Only The Sims 3 and Sims City are appearing, but I have all 4 of the games AND a lot of DLC for TS4.

Anyone else have this issue?
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    It's crazy, and I guess the ea app and I will never be good friends :D . Somehow I manage to get into the ea app several times, the game wasn't shown in the library, but it downloaded the patch however. So instead of restarting the app again and again, I let it empty and went this time to the c: programme (x86) in to the origin folder to the sims file, open the game folder and used the TS4_x64.exe to start the game and it worked (for me at least). It's a work around and I'm not sure if it has consequences later.
  • Options
    colescoles Posts: 10 New Member
    After many attempts and app reloads, I am finally downloading the update......I won't celebrate until it's done though. My library was empty, then it had Sims 3 and 4 but no update, then it just had Sims 3, then it had nothing.....this is crazy! Download time is super slow compared to others too.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    This is just so frustrating! Like seriously, why can't everything work like it did with Origin?

Not to mention it's fudging scary when $1000 worth of dlc just disappears without a trace.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    I can confirm watching a stream that existing nooboos will change to their new and updated form.
  • Options
    Monicaelle_Monicaelle_ Posts: 69 Member
    go to the bar up top and reload the page. i had to do it a couple times before my game reappeared and then update!
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    I suddenly have to download the games again despite them being already installed.

Seriously, why can't EA App work like Origin did? I'm so frustrated! I don't have that much time to just wait until I can download the patch in the first place!
  • Options
    Monicaelle_Monicaelle_ Posts: 69 Member
    ok its updating now, i had to reload the page a couple times. thanks to whoever said to do that!
  • Options
    Omg, just restarted the EA App, now my library is empty too. What do I do?
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Yeah it's a bug in the same vein of not being able to log in, and it changes when you restart the app.

I find it hilarious which games the app decides we still own or not.
    Out of everything I have, why these 6 ?
    8LVJdIuh.png
  • Options
    go to the bar up top and reload the page. i had to do it a couple times before my game reappeared and then update!
    I did try but all it did was a couple of times make all of my games disappear and now only two games are back again :'( glad you were able to fix it though!
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I was finally able to login into the EA App, & I see my game in the Library. But I don't have a clue how to update. Is there something I'm supposed to click? This is all just so frustrating.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Hey all,

Am I not able to play the game offline anymore without installing the patch? I always waited some days with installing the patch and played the game offline before on Origin, but now on the EA App this doesn't seem possible? Can you confirm that?

It might work if you log in through the desktop icon. I just did it and there's no update.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I was playing Sims Medieval and whatever happened with the EA app crashed it - grrr. I have finally been able to log back into the EA app, but now all my games just say loading and some message came up about it taking longer than normal to load. I really wish we had never had to switch to the EA app - it seems to have so many problems - I rarely had issues with Origin.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I can't even login anymore. :s
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    ok its updating now, i had to reload the page a couple times. thanks to whoever said to do that!

Nice. :smiley: My page still doesn't show my library.
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    edited March 2023
    Omg, just restarted the EA App, now my library is empty too. What do I do?

Sit here and watch the disaster unfold like the rest of us I guess! Talk about messing up - this is unreal

And now we enter hour 2 of the Baby Update Implosion - anyone else looking forward to the expansion release when we get to do this all over again?!
  • Options
    Oops nevermind I literally tried ONE more time and then it worked haha! Thank you!
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Today is the first day that I've been experiencing glitches with the EA app. I don't currently have Sims 3 installed so I'm not yet effected from disappearing store content, because I haven't even tried re-installing that game yet, but my Sims 4 used to work perfectly fine. My origin converted over to EA app, all my packs were installed correctly, my save files were perfectly fine, etc.

But first, today, I turned my computer on, EA app popped up automatically as it does, and the library page said my Sims 4 was uninstalled. I restarted my computer and that fixed that problem, and I played TS4 for a little bit this morning. Then I exited the game to see if the infant update went live yet, it was past noon which is supposed to be update release time for my time zone, so I restarted again.

When I tried to load my EA app this time, it won't even let me log in. I get this error:
    a8udsmaqk04h.png

Is something going wrong with rolling out today's update? What's happening with the network? Why was I able to log in this morning, but now all of a sudden the EA app doesn't work?
  • Options
    Okay, my library is back, but I still can't play the game without updating. Why? :(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top