Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infants Official Countdown Thread (Out Now!!!)

Comments

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    Didn't think I'd be able to download the update until tonight but work just let us leave (it's 10am eastern, US) due to a big storm we're in the middle of (expecting 6-10 inches of snow) so I'll be playing until just before 1pm. And all precautions have been taken :).
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: Β»
    Remember everyone playing on the PC: Back up your saves! Even modless people, as patches have been known to mess up save files so BACK THEM UP. Unfortunately, this isn't an option for console players. Modders, remember to move out your mods out of the Mods folder before updating!

I'm probably gonna wait to dl the update until I know for certain most of my CC is safe to use. Mods I may have to wait on, but I need my CC.

It's the first time I really did a back up, normally I forget this until the download bar reminds me, then it's already too late. I'm playing now a fresh new game in vanilla. I already miss my mods and cc, I don't have so much mods, but these ones are essentiel for me. Good luck to every modder.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    I'm excited to learn what new things have been added to existing packs with this update. Specially since we know that, at least, we'll have new knittables for infants.
    Happy simming!
  • Princess of Da'varhPrincess of Da'varh Posts: 344 Member
    I'm so excited! I'm literally beside myself don't know what to do. Why's the time going so slow?? Lol. I'm looking forward to bathing infants, it looks pretty realistic from what I've seen, so looking forward to this. I have a baby sister and she's a nightmare being bathed, can't wait to do it in my own game.😁😁😁
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Daravi wrote: Β»
    BlueR0se wrote: Β»
    Remember everyone playing on the PC: Back up your saves! Even modless people, as patches have been known to mess up save files so BACK THEM UP. Unfortunately, this isn't an option for console players. Modders, remember to move out your mods out of the Mods folder before updating!

I'm probably gonna wait to dl the update until I know for certain most of my CC is safe to use. Mods I may have to wait on, but I need my CC.

It's the first time I really did a back up, normally I forget this until the download bar reminds me, then it's already too late. I'm playing now a fresh new game in vanilla. I already miss my mods and cc, I don't have so much mods, but these ones are essentiel for me. Good luck to every modder.

In your settings, try to find the one where you can set it so it's not going to automatically update your game. That way you don't risk getting your mods broken accidentally (for future updates/patches).
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    Less than 2 hours! I am SO excited! Decided to start a vanilla save awhile ago since we know mods will need updating. Really enjoying the family and my pregnant sim just went into labor last night. I saved and quit so she will be ready to go after the patch <3
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,289 Member
    Just made a copy of my current vanilla save, so that I won't lose the progress. My Sim couple is just two Sim days away from their wedding. Wish me luck. :) Down to an hour and a half until my area gets the Patch.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I can’t believe that we finally made it!! Lol, I remember thinking that March 14th felt so far away. Now, we only have to wait 2 more days for the expansion pack! :D
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Is it about hour now?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    Is it about hour now?

Yep! 57 minutes! :)
  • Princess of Da'varhPrincess of Da'varh Posts: 344 Member
    Is it about hour now?

Yaaassss the clock is ticking.... πŸ˜πŸ˜›πŸ˜πŸ˜›
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    Waiting waiting waiting what do we do we wait wait wait. :p
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Callianne74Callianne74 Posts: 59 Member
    refreshing the thread and waiting and waiting....
  • DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    So if you play with an infant right away and then play the expansion in a couple of days, will your infant regress? Because I heard that the base game infants know how to do everything, and don't learn to do them until the expansion pack? Does anyone have any info, ideas on this?
    edited March 2023
    decided to just test it in separate save first so I created one
    I don't want to start up my main save if it turns out to be total destruction patch
    maybe I'll add couple science babies and aspire to bring them to the Mother
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    My Sim couple has a nooboo ready to become an infant. And they just tried for a new pirate (it's talk like a pirate day), so I think the second child will have a an older sibling.
    30 minutes! (well, unless its late)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    29 Minutes To Go!!!!
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,821 Member
    T-30 :o
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,289 Member
    edited March 2023
    My clock reads 10:37. 11 is my target time. Just moved all of my Mods folders (copies) out. I even backed up my current game save, just in case. Sunday and Monday were nightmares when it comes to gameplay, I would surely hate to repeat that. Here's to good thoughts.

Sitting here nibbling away at my breakfast. Yes, it's late today, but then again we got up late. Of course we did, it's Patch day. LOL Not only that but neither my husband nor I have gotten over the time-change. Gr.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Starfree wrote: Β»
    Didn't think I'd be able to download the update until tonight but work just let us leave (it's 10am eastern, US) due to a big storm we're in the middle of (expecting 6-10 inches of snow) so I'll be playing until just before 1pm. And all precautions have been taken :).
    Ugh, stay safe and warm! I’m up in NE too, and we have 12 inches+ of wet heavy snow & no power (still snowing too). I’m using my phone to check in here for patch excitement, fingers crossed the power comes back before my battery goes on me. :s
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: Β»
    Starfree wrote: Β»
    Ugh, stay safe and warm! I’m up in NE too, and we have 12 inches+ of wet heavy snow & no power (still snowing too). I’m using my phone to check in here for patch excitement, fingers crossed the power comes back before my battery goes on me. :s

I hope the power comes back for you soon! Stay safe.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Twenty minutes! So excited it's coming!
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I lost excitement at around 30 days when I got hooked on another game. Now it just feels like a regular patch for me
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    It's 4.40pm here. I have fed my 6 cats, eaten, made a cup of tea and have other drinks nearby. I am in my pjs and part ready for bed (to save some time later!). I am just about to back up my saves then I am good and ready to start playing with infants. The eldest teen in my legacy is about to age up and go to uni. They don't usually have kids until after uni but I have decided to throw a surprise pregnancy at her. Her Mum will give up her job to raise the baby whilst the new Mum continues to attend uni from home. Her younger sister is about to age up to a teen so she will be able to help raise her niece/nephew as well.