Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I dunno where to put this so it's going here.

The Rec Center really interests me as a lot type because all I remember doing with those sorts of buildings growing up is having family gatherings, like a Christmas gathering or reunions. But once again, I lived where such places were 30 minutes away so I didn't have access to them normally. I'm super curious to see what Sims it'll automatically attract during gameplay.

Also would probably swap the Lounge in Mt. Komorebi out for one, depending if elders spawn in the Rec Center lot. There's also like, one lot in Sulani I debate on making a Community Lot or this one. Really depends on how things shake out with this lot type.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member

This is so cool. I love this creator, they have such creative builds.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    Handel wrote: »
    I dunno where to put this so it's going here.

The Rec Center really interests me as a lot type because all I remember doing with those sorts of buildings growing up is having family gatherings, like a Christmas gathering or reunions. But once again, I lived where such places were 30 minutes away so I didn't have access to them normally. I'm super curious to see what Sims it'll automatically attract during gameplay.

Also would probably swap the Lounge in Mt. Komorebi out for one, depending if elders spawn in the Rec Center lot. There's also like, one lot in Sulani I debate on making a Community Lot or this one. Really depends on how things shake out with this lot type.

I'm interested in learning more, too. If the rec center attracts elders from any world I might avoid the lot in Komorebi and Sulani, nut rather focus on the more generic locations like Newcrest and Willow Creek. Hopefully they will attract mostly "neighbors" :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm watching Neecxle's early access video and there are new TV channels! These include Scaremax, Brainchild Learning, and Sitcom Central.

There was also a dish called Boiling Frog Hot Pot. Has that already been in the game?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    I'm watching Neecxle's early access video and there are new TV channels! These include Scaremax, Brainchild Learning, and Sitcom Central.

There was also a dish called Boiling Frog Hot Pot. Has that already been in the game?

It's been around for a while. Off the grid.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/1000713/new-boiling-frog-hot-pot

It's been around for a while. Off the grid.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/1000713/new-boiling-frog-hot-pot

Hahaha! That makes sense. I've never seen it before, but we have so many foods now I probably scrolled past it.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Scaremax! Excellent.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Apparently you can take pictures of your infant like you can with other sims and they're super adorable too.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > Pretty happy male sims get a good bit of stuff for CAS in this pack. I know female items always end up being more, but I'm pretty content with it, plus a new beard as well? Yessss. More facial hair is always wanted.
    >
    > The clothing is like pretty casual suburban clothing. Lots of them suitable for elders especially.

Yea I feel like you can definitely put your elders in these fits but they don’t look so “old timey” that younger people wearing the would look off. I appreciate that.
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    I just watched Plumbella's review and it sounds like the burnout system in particular will be something that impacts the way I tend to operate my households, especially when starting out and at university. I am curious with how it will work with the workaholic lifestyle from Snowy Escape.

It was also very good to hear that the new social systems actually affect sims behaviour and socials noticably while playing the game. This is going to push me back toward playing with aging only on for the household. The first thing I will be doing is giving most of the NPC sims personalities and I don't want to be doing that for large numbers of new sims on a regular basis.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    My heart just melts seeing the new childhood aspirations. Those were so badly needed and they seem great. It will be such a different feel to play a child with one of those aspirations, there are so many new things to do as well.

• HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member

Oh thank god. No more using Civic Public Access just for when I want a sitcom tv show.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
    edited March 2023
    https://twitter.com/AnotherPlumbob/status/1635700191528353798?s=20

With Laundry Day, your Sims have the option to use cloth diapers.

Sorry that I don't know how to embed the tweet.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited March 2023
    Some of the new milestones
    Getting smacked by Agnes Crumplebottom is a new milestone?! LOL! I want my sims to get that one.
    Happy simming!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I hope the milestones aren't terribly repetitive for mundane experiences.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    Glad to see the uni graduation milestones. My two sims, Hannah and Isabel are both on their second semester of University and should be graduating shortly after Growing Together releases.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm glad they included milestones from many of the packs. That's been one of my past frustrations, that there didn't seem to be much cross-pack utilization. Much better cross-pack gameplay this time!
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    https://twitter.com/AnotherPlumbob/status/1635700191528353798?s=20

With Laundry Day, your Sims have the option to use cloth diapers.

Sorry that I don't know how to embed the tweet.

I saw that cloth option and didn’t understand what the difference was. Didn’t even consider it meant more “clothes” for the laundry hamper. Nice!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited March 2023

If these are really in the game, then that means a lot of packs are supported. :grin: Finally after sentiments not being backward compatible and wants only supporting one DLC, the sims team seems to take existing packs into account. In that list I see university,, strangerville, outdoor retreat (hermit), snowy escape, jungle adventure, werewolves, get to work (sixam) and more. I love it.
    Let's hope this part of the code will actually be used in the upcoming pack. :)
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    That's me all organised for the release of growing together, I have my game updated and the pack installed, roll on the 16th 😊
  • Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    @Nikkih

I pre-ordered the new Growing Together pack. What you said here about having the pack installed made me wonder, I can pre-install the pack as well? So that come tomorrow (The 16th) I'll be able to play my game with the new pack ready to go at launch time? If so, how do I pre-install the pack? I'd really like to know, please!
    I just pre-ordered the new pack. It seems like it is running pretty smoothly, and I feel like it's needed to flesh out the infant life stage. Many of the major mods have been updated, so today I will be adding those back into my game. Looking forward to playing with it soon!
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    It should automatically install itself, yes you can download the pack the now then when it's the release time and date, it unlocks @Serendipity38