Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Dumb Question** ..but which type of mods/CC break after updates?

Potentially a stupid question but I’ve never really had any issues with mods or cc breaking after updates…

I’m expecting gameplay mods to break since the update is huge. But would it affect things like wallpapers and CAS?

I’m assuming anything is possible to break but I would love to keep my wallpapers if possible. CAS I can live with updating before the update.

Comments

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Gameplay mods are most likely to break. Custom content doors, skins, eyes, etc. are very probably going to break. Keep an eye out for Luthien to begin a new thread in the general mods section which will give specifics once the update goes live.

Most likely your wallpapers won't break, but check the thread to be sure.
  • CharSimsCharSims Posts: 44 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    Gameplay mods are most likely to break. Custom content doors, skins, eyes, etc. are very probably going to break. Keep an eye out for Luthien to begin a new thread in the general mods section which will give specifics once the update goes live.

Thanks so much for the info! I’ve been pretty lucky so far when it comes to things breaking and have only recently really been using major gameplay mods!
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited March 2023
    CharSims wrote: »

Thanks so much for the info! I’ve been pretty lucky so far when it comes to things breaking and have only recently really been using major gameplay mods!

Oh, someone just pointed out in another thread that mods that affect the pie menu will most likely break as well.

I would remove the mod folder during the update. Then check the forum to see what's been affected. Make sure you don't save your game without your CC and mods or you will get bald Sims, missing CC, and things like that

You can start a new save to test out the game while mods are being updated.

Oh, and back up your save files too. Just to be safe.
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    UI mods too. So like UI cheats, definitely anything that effects the pie menu, anything that affects the phone. I just backed up my sims, saves, and my entire mods folder. And I already made sure that updates are off. But I got an email that mentioned making sure my EA App was offline too just incase. And I'll wait until all my mods updated to try it.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    LSM36 wrote: »
    UI mods too. So like UI cheats, definitely anything that effects the pie menu, anything that affects the phone. I just backed up my sims, saves, and my entire mods folder. And I already made sure that updates are off. But I got an email that mentioned making sure my EA App was offline too just incase. And I'll wait until all my mods updated to try it.

I backed up my saves, mods and tray folders.😄
    CharSims wrote: »

Oh, someone just pointed out in another thread that mods that affect the pie menu will most likely break as well.

I would remove the mod folder during the update. Then check the forum to see what's been affected. Make sure you don't save your game without your CC and mods or you will get bald Sims, missing CC, and things like that

You can start a new save to test out the game while mods are being updated.

Oh, and back up your save files too. Just to be safe.

Thanks for the tip!!! I stopped getting as much CAS CC since I hated fixing the townies that walked around with zero fashion sense. Atleast now I’ll have less to clean up!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    If you have new shelves they probably won't break, as Sims can't take most things off shelves anyway, only view some of the items on them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    I saw somewhere that CC doors will absolutely break as the new patch adds babyproofing to locks. I guess some CC CAS will also break with the new tooth fairy mechanic in Growing Together and maybe some skin colours and details may break with the added stork bites.
    Happy simming!
    I try to keep my CC minimal to avoid having to update and fix them so I don’t have too many worry about thankfully!

I appreciate you! Thanks!
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    hi I was wondering is anyone else having trouble witch skill in the sims séance the infants update ? like they keep getting skills I didn't tell them to
  • RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    Aside from mods, CC breaks less often, but when it does, it’s usually Build/Buy that breaks
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I don’t recommend using any Mods, Mccs or Ccs.
    I do however recommend using the Cheat Codes in the Sims 4 Vanilla game & packs.😉
  • HeyJewelHeyJewel Posts: 13 New Member
    Not a stupid question at all! The mods that break in my game is the command center (it usually updates quickly), the more columns mod, and default presets. That is what I have noticed so far.