Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who’s pre-building?

I don’t ever usually do this but my anticipation is so high so I’m building houses in New Crest that I hope to move over into the new neighborhood. I’m really hoping it works out cause usually like to build to compliment the terrain which is hard to anticipate through the pictures shared.
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,381 Member
    I never build in advance. I like to see what the surrounding neighbourhood is like and then decide what sort of venues would be most suitable.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Concur. Advance building is a recipe for your work to either look very out of place or need extensive repairs.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    That’s good, hope it is fun! Personally I’m going to wait until the pack is out, I tend to get inspired by the items in the pack I’m building from and use them as much as possible, so I’m going to wait a bit.

But I don’t think it’s a bad idea, it gives you a start and you can always change it.
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I downloaded lots of lots from the gallery, bc I suck at building from scratch, and just updated things. So mostly I just edited my worlds in this new save. Added restaurants, fixed the menus. I've got a bunch of new sims. And I got a nice big house for the new main family placed in Henford. Maybe I'll have someone else in the new world, but I wanted to prep with what i had already.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited March 2023
    I don't really prebuild since I want the lot to be perfect fit for its place and sims living there and stories to play in that neighborhood

but I have couple builds in my library I might potentially use if i find a suitable spot since I have some leftovers from countless Willow Creek and Newcrest attempts
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I'll be cleaning out San Sequoia to make room for my sims to move in. I'll probable update some of the building in the World delete so others to make my own. ;)
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    The reason I have been pre building is because I tend to get overwhelmed with everything available. I want to play? I want to build, but I want to make a family where to start, HOW to start?? Since I don’t have a ton of free time like I used to when I lived a more carefree lifestyle, I like to squeeze in all the gameplay I can when I can — anything to make it easier and more enjoyable when I do have it all installed.
    I’ve built a few shell homes that I can customize further when I get the pack but the foundation is all there.

So excited!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited March 2023
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    I don’t ever usually do this but my anticipation is so high so I’m building houses in New Crest that I hope to move over into the new neighborhood. I’m really hoping it works out cause usually like to build to compliment the terrain which is hard to anticipate through the pictures shared.

I also love building in Newcrest. I’m making a few lots; some of which are for custom active careers I have (as long as they get updated if they break).

I don’t build based on how the world looks. If so WC would be stuck looking like New Orleans and I just can’t have that for every single save. I also put builds that are needed for my storyline (like mentioned above).
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

I’ve never actually built there so it’s completely empty. I’m just using it as a landing space for the houses I move over because all the lot sizes are comparable :)
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Meee! I built a lovely family home in Windenburg <3
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I don't do too much building from scratch. I've noticed I like to just make squares lol. And roofs still give me trouble in this generation. I'm curious to see what the new world will look like. The name is similar to San Myshuno so maybe there are apartments or something?
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I never, ever prebuild. But I am eyeballing this thread in case anyone mentions building townhouses I can yank off the gallery later.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I have no talent for building, so no.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Sometimes I do but it means the first thing I'll end up doing is spending the whole day in build mode instead of playing. If I plan on playing right out of the gate then it's better for me to start a new save using premades or my own Library/Gallery sims and move into a starter. This way I can focus on playing the game before getting distracted. Also prevents my other saves from being ruined by any new bugs/problems the latest pack is likely to cause.

I do have plans for the small 20x20 lot in Del Sol Valley turning it into a mini water park but I'd have to see how much of it will fit on such a tiny lot. Good thing I can probably build that lot in an hour or so. No need to work on it now.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I'm thinking about it.
    I downloaded images of Craftsman styled homes for inspiration.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited March 2023

That’s a good idea. I never thought to prebuild.

When I get a new world it does influence the houses I either build or download.

I’m giving the prebuild a go.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞

That’s a good idea. I never thought to prebuild.

When I get a new world it does influence the houses I either build or download.

I’m giving the prebuild a go.

Love play have you a. Good look at the neighborhoods so you can have a look and give yourself a loose skeleton to at least start with when you do get the game. Then just move it over! I get so excited it’s just too much and I end up starting over ten times in any given area (CAS, play or build) anyway so. This was fun for me.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    I don't plan on moving my family to the new neighborhood. Having to play vanilla means my Sim would have to purchase all of his Best Song Accolades to replace them. I hate the system the way it is now. All career rewards go into the Household Inventory, when they should go into the personal inventory of the Sim who earned it. Another kind player on this site built a small mod for me to make it bypass the Accolades and put them directly into his personal inventory. Seems once you place the item from the Household inventory, you can only view it after that. Yes, you can move it to another location through build/buy mode, but you can only store it in the inventory, which is wholly impractical. Yes, you can move and keep furnishings, but then you have to place the trophies and then sell off the rest of what you don't need. Needless to say I'm not moving my Sim at this time. ;) And I surely do hope the sweet little mod doesn't break on me. :open_mouth: It's been a blessing to have.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I been pre-building all week. And I'll be repairing all of next week.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Ive just altered the Heckings house in Brindleton Bay to be a Craftsman style build ready for the new pack. As far as worlds go Brindleton Bay really seems to lend itself well to the new pack aesthetic.
    (also I love old style, slightly dated family homes so Im really looking forward to furnishing their house).
  • Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    I still build mostly boxes *LOL* But I'm trying to teach myself more. At least the build I'm making now has a nice big front porch!

I've decided to keep it a shell until GrT releases tomorrow. I want to look at the new Build items in game, before deciding on the house's wallpaper and floors.