March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Growing Together - Original Title

chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
Seems like Lilsimsie accidentally revealed the original title for Growing Together in her recent YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVdvvUOZlKc

The pack was originally called Lifetimes & Legacies. Thought this was an interesting detail to share. What do you think of the old name? Do you prefer Growing Together as the title? Or do you wish it was called something different entirely?

Cy81Lbj.jpg

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    I think lifetimes and legacies sound like a great title for a book or an article. But not as a sims title. I think growing together fits the pack much better. The title is different enough from sims 3 generations to signal it is a different pack. At the same time it goes nicely along the title of get together.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    I think that title would have been tad too long yet at the same time i kind of don't like how growing together is so similar title to get together and shortening doesn't even help 😂
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Although I find GT a bit weird, L&L feels way too long, so I'd vote for GT.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    That title is better than what we got, but it's still too long and awkward. It doesn't feel like a Sims 4 pack title. I really wish it was just called Generations or something.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    I actually really like the name but I keep calling it Grow Together without thinking.

I’d like to keep Grow Together and rename Get Together ‘that one with the clubs’ instead. 😁

I think growing together fits in the list and rolls of the tongue better:

Get to work Lifetimes and Legacies Get Together Island Living Snowy Escape Growing Together Country Living Get Famous Cats and Dogs Eco Lifestyle

Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I think the original name was way too long.

And the acronym I plan to use for Growing Together, will be GrT

Just like Cottage Living, I call it CoL because it too has the same acronym as City Living
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    Lifetimes and Legacies are a bit clumsy in title, but it also implies a deeper gameplay experience in terms of living a full life with memories and deeper connections and a legacy to leave behind (adult/elder play), while Growing together implies more fun times with growing children (infants).
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I watched her video earlier and didn't catch this! Growing Together is a much better title... though it does remind me of Get Together a bit too much for my liking. But I do think it's better than Lifetimes & Legacies.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited March 2023
    How about The Sims 4 : Get a Life

right I'll never stop suggesting that title for every pack ever :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited March 2023
    JustinB113 wrote: »

I’d like to keep Grow Together and rename Get Together ‘that one with the clubs’ instead. 😁
    I will call these two "together"-- TS4:Freetime :p

• KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    I liked how in the trailer it says Get Familiar. I wish that was the name.

Get to Work
    Get Famous
    Get Together
    Get Familiar and not Growing Together

Similarly:
    City Living
    Cottage Living
    Island Living
    EcoLifestye? Why not Eco Living?
  • HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    I think the title fits what we are getting as the pack is heavily focused around baby / toddler games play in my opinion.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited March 2023
    This EP is about Memories (Growing), social preferences and family (Together).

Lifetimes & Legacies title sounds a little off topic.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited March 2023
    Lifetimes & Legacies feels a little too long for a sims title. I think that Growing Together makes more sense.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    hi I was wondering is anyone else having trouble witch skill in the sims séance the infants update ? like they keep getting skills I didn't tell them to
  • itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    > @Atreya33 said:
    > I think lifetimes and legacies sound like a great title for a book or an article. But not as a sims title. I think growing together fits the pack much better. The title is different enough from sims 3 generations to signal it is a different pack. At the same time it goes nicely along the title of get together.

Yeah that does sound like some sort of book.

I wouldn’t mind “legacies” or “lifetimes” but together it doesn’t sound like a game.

I’m not a fan of “growing together” but then, as long as the content is up to par, I don’t really care what the pack itself is called. It’s only a name.
  • sarahthomas123sarahthomas123 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @chacce said:
    > Seems like Lilsimsie accidentally revealed the original title for Growing Together in her recent YouTube video:
    >
    > The pack was originally called Lifetimes & Legacies. Thought this was an interesting detail to share. What do you think of the old name? Do you prefer Growing Together as the title? Or do you wish it was called something different entirely?

It's always interesting to learn about the behind-the-scenes details of game development, including the original names for expansion packs. "Lifetimes & Legacies" seems like a fitting title for a Sims expansion pack, as the game is all about creating and shaping the lives of Sims and their families over time. However, "Growing Together" also captures the essence of the pack, which focuses on building and strengthening relationships between Sims.

Ultimately, the title of an expansion pack is just one aspect of its overall content and impact. What truly matters is how enjoyable and engaging the pack is for players, and whether it adds meaningful new features and experiences to the game.

Thanks for sharing this interesting tidbit of information!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    From "Legacies" word, I would expect sentimental objects inherited from generation to generation.

The necklace of grandma, the house of the family for centuries, ...
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Well, there are first prints when the baby is born, at least in a hospital. So there's something to keep and pass on, at least to the next generation lol.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    Yeah, I don't like Lifetimes and Legacies as a title. I'm not struck on Growing Together either, but it sounds more like a Sims pack title.