Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• LilNerdySimmersLilNerdySimmers Posts: 99 Member
    edited February 2023

Pic 1-2: Léa pic

Pic 3-4: Léa and I

• Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member
    Diamond Family Update~

Brace yourselves... things got weird.

Ut5mg12.jpg
    Minnie got a job in her dream career, criminal.
    x94szmI.jpg
    Good look
    ySBOBdD.jpgD73vwpa.jpgu0he9g1.jpghVuFDcC.jpginCr3w6.jpg
    Went on vacation...
    4jfNMcp.jpgHhx8vuS.jpg8c5JrSp.jpgZQXE7Zr.jpg Had TWINS as a single, full-time working mother. Almost died in the process. Whoops.
    3GcySV9.jpgOG55Y0j.jpgCute
    2WPg9ay.jpgMovin' up the career track.
    FzSDEFN.jpgdLAz617.jpg
    YkKVkqz.jpgCxjh4T5.jpg6b3iy6p.jpgBecame a witch.
    ELz3113.jpgXNNaSoP.jpg
    OTTaNiY.jpgMaine, one of the twins, off to college. The game chose the out of picture dad to drop her off?
    rU986kX.jpgMaine Diamond. Cute.
    7ihLKCJ.jpgNDqTTlu.jpgh6UOL4E.jpgjnB2Xfm.jpgGraduation.
    QULouh2.jpgFirst day at new job!
    QJYuAB1.jpgraaJJp2.jpgMinnie is getting older now but still can rock!
    ----
    zUu73pv.jpg
    TRAGEDY strikes as a lightning bolt sets fire to a tree, and quickly intensifies.
    PKkGQIn.jpgZrvdJa5.jpgFqaIXKD.jpgVeWkvC3.jpgLots of damage... unfortunately, Maine didn't make it...
    Q6TQvfw.jpg
    RIP.

Thankfully, we do have a witch in the family...
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member
    PART II ~

My witch sim missed her daughter, who very tragically died in a house fire. Minnie decided to resurrect Maine with a spell.AW36V5I.jpg And this is what we got. Not quite the same (really much messier than she used to be) but still nice to have even a part of her back ;)
    Even at her advancing age, Minnie got the surprise of a lifetime, she was pregnant again.
    maxPcnV.jpg
    WSU9HZs.jpg
    This time just ONE baby, thankfully.
    ycE0c23.jpgBuilt in daycare with a zombie amongst us.
    KyXe3vd.jpgNoel Diamond, Such a cute and happy child :)
    oVs1KKy.jpg
    hTKGMDs.jpgyt5yek8.jpgMakeover.
    txMdCyc.jpgStill quite stunning.
    TimoaUr.jpgNoel got into private school.
    cMdY52e.jpgWintertime!
    NdDGyKc.jpgK9d3YOx.jpgOr12ZnP.jpg
    5C99FbM.jpgfXbVVom.jpghjUw7GO.jpgTIL Santa is a cruel man. (And also to not leave the xmas tree lights on overnight ;))
    9Z4ivCo.jpgnD2pBoN.jpgjVef7Ui.jpghWPg9FT.jpgOff to college!
    ZxlVJC6.jpg So beautiful, just like Mom.
    nhcZN3e.jpgI love changing up my sim's looks. Keep it fresh, ya'll.

'Til next time!

F8wHsKZ.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Awesome Shares! :cookie::mrgreen:

I started Troll Hills, again, back in January. I finally found a 'Build a City Challenge' by Harambibi on modthesims which doesn't require a lot of player owned businesses and taxes (unless I want cause I can!). I would get so caught up in business in the Original. :smiley:
    I like playing a lot of challenges and mixing them up so I'm filling the neighborhood up with my Sims with Challenges. :)

My found is Harry Troll (cause Troll Hills :lol: ). He got tired of being lonely and wanted some friends. He's a special troll.
    He made a Troll Station of the Train could stop and people would move there.

I rolled a 6 and got 4 families. Instead of making families, I did start with Single Sims. I'm adjusting all rules for all rules. You can understand. :sunglasses:

- Fall of year 2 pictures -
    1. Harry Troll - Basic Legacy
    2. Sir Pudinpie - Basic OWBC
    3. Prince Darling - Townie Alphabetacy
    4. Melody Sparkles - Alphabet/Tower/Rainbow/Earn your Home/Legacy with 10 Restrictions :)

M5l0Elf.jpg

There were 4 more families earn and added:
    5. Pigeon Promise - Awesomesauce
    6. Howard & Mona Adams - Homemaker
    7. Franklin Brown - Farmer Type
    8. Davy Jones - Wantacy

jYYtaij.jpg

Year 2 I added 3 more family and a Sim moved into an Apartment
    9. Dorita Dumbacle - ISBI
    10. Corinne Blackbird - Black Widow
    11. Sally Mae Pitts - Trailer Park Challenge
    12. Puddin Pudinpie - 1st Apartment (of the Pudinpies)

lsjWEHV.jpg

The Neighborhood
    KGSTPwV.jpg

The Town part. I can't build more right now because my Architect quit for another job. :sigh: Lol
    J8guiQC.jpg

I have so many more challenges I want to actually Finish, this neighborhood will grow. Just need to actually remember I have goals while playing families, and get another Architect. :mrgreen:
  • sonicgamersonicgamer Posts: 31 Member
    I have a Pleasantview with Strangetown added on as a shopping district. As I finished off the intro of the Beaker household in Strangetown, Nervous Subject started grilling hot dogs outside when one of his housemates, Circe Beaker distracted him. He was about to tend to the hot dogs when the grill caught fire. Both Circe and her husband Loki died in the fire, and Circe had been pregnant; though, she wasn't showing. Nervous was the only one to survive the fire. I placed both urns in Nervous' inventory so he could place them in Olive Specter's garden, as I merged him with the Specter family.
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    I've created a desert neighborhood for the binned sims. Ginger just graduated from Uni at La Fiesta Tech and is engaged to the goth looking kid from the Tricou family. She moved into a barn looking house with Gallagher and the youngest twins, who are all teens now. Her fiancé will help them skill up so they can get scholarships.

I've already graduated all of the Tri-Vars and the whole house has done a refresh. The Traveller girl is now the head honcho there as Brittany Upsnott is a big Broadway star and Tiffany Sampson is a doctor. Heather Huffington hooked up with Castor Nova, who has hooked up with everyone. The cow mascot wreaked havoc in the fraternity at SSU, so Josh and Ashley are a couple now, but they have an open relationship.

Speaking of cow mascots, I've found that they're pretty handy as pledges. They have high skills and are eager to clean please. Tri-Var actually had two and they didn't even fight with the cheerleader they pledged, in fact, one of them was her BFF.

I missed the Burbs, so John Burb and Jennifer Pleasant are tucked away in one of the dorms together. (I cloned them in SimPE.) I'll see how things progress between the two of them.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Awesome Shares! :cookie::mrgreen:

I started Troll Hills, again, back in January. I finally found a 'Build a City Challenge' by Harambibi on modthesims which doesn't require a lot of player owned businesses and taxes (unless I want cause I can!). I would get so caught up in business in the Original. :smiley:
    I like playing a lot of challenges and mixing them up so I'm filling the neighborhood up with my Sims with Challenges. :)

My found is Harry Troll (cause Troll Hills :lol: ). He got tired of being lonely and wanted some friends. He's a special troll.
    He made a Troll Station of the Train could stop and people would move there.

I rolled a 6 and got 4 families. Instead of making families, I did start with Single Sims. I'm adjusting all rules for all rules. You can understand. :sunglasses:

- Fall of year 2 pictures -
    1. Harry Troll - Basic Legacy
    2. Sir Pudinpie - Basic OWBC
    3. Prince Darling - Townie Alphabetacy
    4. Melody Sparkles - Alphabet/Tower/Rainbow/Earn your Home/Legacy with 10 Restrictions :)

M5l0Elf.jpg

There were 4 more families earn and added:
    5. Pigeon Promise - Awesomesauce
    6. Howard & Mona Adams - Homemaker
    7. Franklin Brown - Farmer Type
    8. Davy Jones - Wantacy

jYYtaij.jpg

Year 2 I added 3 more family and a Sim moved into an Apartment
    9. Dorita Dumbacle - ISBI
    10. Corinne Blackbird - Black Widow
    11. Sally Mae Pitts - Trailer Park Challenge
    12. Puddin Pudinpie - 1st Apartment (of the Pudinpies)

lsjWEHV.jpg

The Neighborhood
    KGSTPwV.jpg

The Town part. I can't build more right now because my Architect quit for another job. :sigh: Lol
    J8guiQC.jpg

I have so many more challenges I want to actually Finish, this neighborhood will grow. Just need to actually remember I have goals while playing families, and get another Architect. :mrgreen:

I like the idea of a hood filled with different challenges! Also, it looks really cozy and well built. Nice job!
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    so today in my game, i played the smith household stella smith is a stand in nanny, and johnny's and ophelia's daughter and son aged up and is going to college. then i played nervous subjects household. he is married to erin singles in my game, and she had another son in which i named voldemort. she also drank the elxir of life and got days pushed back. then i went to pleasantview, and Dina goth and mortimer drank the elxir. dina got promoted to a legal assistant. dina also had 2 girls via force twins. i used to never use cheats, but they are really fun!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • AriesValentineAriesValentine Posts: 29 Member
    Honestly the game is chaotic and I cannot keep up with it half of the time, so I just sit back. The funny thing is I once had Sir Vincent woohoo with my sim in the hot tub but the cutscene didn't trigger so that left me 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off. Other than that everything seems... Okay?
  • ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    I don't really play sims 2 or 4 much, but I love visiting the forums for the two from time to time to see other people's gameplays. Feels kind of like reading visual novels.
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    I started a new game and started with the twins, first gave them a makeover and put them in their respective jobs, according to their wishes. Don came over and a fight broke out between the two sisters Don was asked to leave by Nina only for him to come back hours later to steal the newspaper I switched to Don and he was invited out to a night in the town by cass she brought along Darren and Mary-Sue Don and Darren got into a fight at the restaurant (Don won lol) all four ate and Don decided to kiss Cass which caused Darren to slap Cass Don then Attacked Darren and beat him up again in front of restaurant patrons and Don and Cass embraced each other with a kiss after the fight
    Pleasant household : Lilith and Angela fight as usual Mary-Sue got promoted then she got demoted a few days later (she's currently pregnant with her third child) I kicked Angela out of her room and made her a small room connected to Lilith's their grandparents took over Angela's room until they could find proper housing Coral started a fire in the kitchen causing everyone to panic except Lilith who was dancing to the radio

Goth Household : Don and Cass got married Mortimer and Don had a nice conversation for once and got along and even goofed off later the two newly Weds tried for a baby per Cass's wishes

Caliente Household : Don and Cass came to visit Don decided to kiss his wife in front of Dina and Dina became heartbroken and slapped him while cass decided to take a dip into the hotub Nina cooked pork chops for everyone and had a conversation with the Goths

Oldie Household : After staying a few nights with their daughter and son in law the oldies decided to move out and settle into a small home they spruced it up to their liking Herb ran into Andrea Hogan and they had an affair while coral went to take their vehicle for a spin After catching the two woo-hooing in the hot tub Coral fought Andrea and the two became enemies Herb asked Andrea to move in and now the two are expecting a baby together
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,120 Member
    Humorous happenings there @Demery27 :lol: Would love to see some pictures. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @emorrill I definitely will try to put pictures up and yes my game is literally off the chain lol
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    9WvWHek.png
    Making frat house.. sorority building on next door
    Skc3rkW.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    my sims are going camping soon
    Rg4MWNu.png

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,120 Member
    @Ellupelluellu It's great to see you over here playing Sims 2. :blush:

I LOVE that hairstyle on your lady sim there (I have it in Sims 3 and it's one of my all time faves!) and do you mind sharing where you found it for Sims 2? Thanks a bunch. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited April 2023
    @emorrill , thank you :) I play 2 and 4 , I was on sims-hiatus when 3 was the current version, that's why never had it.

I have all hairs as default replacements , but gladly default database still is working, so managed to find it, here is non-default version:
    https://rented-space.tumblr.com/post/81515520442/download-newsea-j182-melt-away-pooklet-remi

EDIT: here is the link to default database, in case someone has use for it.
    https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/

• haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    It's nice to see people still actively playing Sims 2 after all these years. I can't get the game to work on my computer, but I'm okay with second-hand enjoyment for now.

@Devalaous - That messy lot on page 167 gives me the creeps! Wow. Was it ever cleaned up?

@Carpbeat24 - I like your pictures of the Diamonds. A lot has happened in Minnie's life. I'm glad Maine was able to come back.

@Ellupelluellu - Nice frat and sorority houses. Your Sim is beautiful as well! The game is super old, but you still make your Sims look great.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited April 2023
    I resumed playing a neighborhood I have last played in 2021, but with a twist: The neighborhood chronicle had started with two FBI agents, a human and a servo, conducting an investigation the custom neighborhood Pitstop Valley. They fell in love and bought a house in Desiderata Valley. Since then about ten years have passed in-story.

Now each of the duo had a backstory involving imaginary sims: The human agent had left behind his actual partner in favour of taking the servo along ("I don't need a wannabe detective getting in the way, but something that can cook and clean!"). And the servo's backstory included that he had demolished his previous owners' penthouse. So I created that partner and the family as well as some supporting sims and am playing catch-up now.

Outtake:

Dining out is easy! Sims will show their food preferences in thought bubbles!

Alas...

15414ff0b06a48593f33e6a6249380da480d67be.png

Waiter: "No, Sir, we do not serve dandelion salad here. Please chose something from the menu instead!"

0740bff0c32a7adf05ea506f2cd6ec9b9e395179.png

Waiter: "No, madam, what you are thinking of exists, but it is cc, and we don't serve that here. Please look at the menu?"

adba15b6b76d252cfb2d91cca8cfef8496d36f6d.png

Next the outing's host came up with a suggestion:

Connor: "Uh, that's considerate of you, Hank, but servos don't drink machine oil. We run on solar power."

Yes, hitting "chef's choice" would have been the quickest/easiest way, but tbh I enjoyed following their conversation, even though at one point the waiter left and had to get called over again when my sims had finally decided. The two servos wanted to try spaghetti, one human wanted pineapple tart and the other salad.
    Pleasant Household : Daniel and Mary-Sue had another little girl Kaylynn lives with them for now so she can get on her feet she's friendly with Mary-Sue Daniel caught Kaylynn cheating with Don Mary-Sue nor Kaylynn knows that Daniel has another baby on the way with Dina who Daniel is in love with

Goth Household : Cass is Pregnant I brought back Bella through Simpe and she's slowly building a relationship with her kids her and Mortimer got married again Dina slapped Mortimer after hearing the newlyweds have a little fun and is furious with Mortimer she then saw Don laying down with cass and is also furious with him as well

Dreamer Household : Darren and Darleen had twin girls (everytime I resurrect her she always has twins in my plays) Dirk went out on the town with his parents permission and played at the arcade and ate and headed back home he's getting ready to go off to college

Oldie Household : Herb and Andrea had a babygirl Herb is trying to get back with Coral he flirts with her while Andrea is out working to make ends meet

I placed the families in the family bin into apartments and built a house for the ottomas family And sent David off to college I also created a long distance cousin for the Newson family so Ginger and Gavin can focus on their school work and get ready to go off to college
    edited April 2023
    I added a Downtown to my neighborhood and since I reached a certain milestone with the sims I put there, I thought to introduce them to you.

Here’s quick overview of the downtown sims:

screenshotogi0f.png

Fowler & Perkins
    Not technically downtown sims, but as Captain of the municipal police (Fowler) and Director of the FBI (Perkins), these two are the superiors of several of my played sims, both in Downtown and Desiderata Valley.
    I’m pretty sure their actual personalities are identical, but watching them, I catch Fowler conducting searches in residents’ homes and playing fetch, whereas I spot Perkins howling alongside stereos and garage bands a lot. Fowler and Perkins went along fine until very recently, when they fought in front of the House of Fallen Trees, probably over a jurisdiction argument.

Fowler searching a criminal sim’s apartment (Chen household):

7b56d74712e644e2b350c95e88988648b39f4acd.png

Perkins attending a backstage event (Miller household):

688817226b98ad89bc96d839888e3c857d7710d7.png

As for the humans :

Anderson Household

Two FBI agents, a mentor and a trainee, investigating vampires. Gameplay in this household often revolves around questlike tasks in addition to them being in the Secret Agent Career.

Hank Anderson is a Family sim who fell into a deep hole after his divorce (backstory only, not ingame). Becoming a surrogate father to Connor helped him get out of it and he has started dating again. He is closest to the Music & Dance instructor, but I’m not sold on this couple. I’d rather put Hank with one of my played sims from the main ‘hood or Desiderata.

I want Hank to become a werewolf, but Fowler is taking his sweet time to bite him, even though they have STR/LTR 85+ by now.

Connor Stern is a Popularity sim with the Music hobby, an easy to get along with people person, but underneath the amiable façade very dedicated to his job.
    Connor recently made a huge slip in professionalism when a witness kissed him out of the blue and he decided to pursue the relationship. Not just that… the lovebirds made out on Hank’s couch the very moment the Grand Vampire agreed to visit Hank to answer a few questions.

76afc16ef5a76882de9b737b04462faf547f75eb.png

Countess Marla was disgusted!

Life in this household can be rather gross, uh, I mean “informal” at times:

6064d8de1c233d2a19d017b35c4db7f5248d6ae3.png

This screenshot is from a towel-after-showering mod that I briefly had in my game, but I found that it was too tedious and removed it again. As for Connor, he is a servo with a default replacement skin and a human appearance sum-surgeried on top of that. Occasionally he will revert to his servo form after a loading screen (a common issue with humanified servos, changing outfits at the dresser fixes it).

Cutest moment so far:
    Hank once gifted Connor an MP3 player. Connor immediately announced that his OTH was Music. Two seasons later Connor’s fiancé gifted him a DJ station as if to say “I can do better than your old fossil!”.

Also adorable: Hank’s dog, Sumo, is close friends with Mayor Whiskers (the premade stray “Moonshine”):
    b4c523f9ba5f5b6b71d2fd5f56843e7552c8003d.png

Connor definitely wants a dog, too, when he can afford a home of his own instead of living in Hank’s garage.

In the beginning of the story Hank and Connor had to locate and befriend four witnesses. I created them as single sim households that I put into downtown apartments: Miller, Tachibana, Haywood and Chen.

Witnesses households

Miller

Overtly a nice Family sim, underneath Chris is ambitious (Fortune secondary with the LTW to graduate three children from college). He works in the Law Enforcement career and enjoys winter sports (ice skating and cc halfpipe).
    It was Chris’ idea to go vacationing together with the other three witnesses and Connor (who is mentally the same age as them).

244b809c63e5fa3d94df5b16ed374eaffc34b3fd.png

I was uncertain whether Chris should marry Connor, Susan or Rika. Then Tina snatched Connor first and this chance encounter in the log cabin in Granite Falls answered the rest of the question!

Haywood

Susan is a programmer (working the Gamer career to become a game developer) with many interests, Nature, Tinkering and Science topping the list. She especially enjoys gardening, something she was unable to do in her apartment.

screenshot5485sfik5.png

Susan got engaged to Chris in the Botany Restaurant and by now they have moved into a small house at the edge of Downtown. They also adopted a dog, Ranger, the terrier from the standard adoption pool.
    Chris and Susan plan to grow a family and buy a larger lot later. Susan being a huge geek, I might have her abducted for the second or third baby and then have Chris adopt it. (Abductions in this setting are an expensive service of the “Stork Company”, that can also facilitate same sex pregnancies and even create cyborgs.)

Tachibana

Pleasure/Popularity sim Rika is a bit of an airhead and party girl. She works in Law Enforcement, but isn’t interested in promotions (sometimes she accidently gets one through a chance card). In my headcanon Rika isn’t a bad cop, to the contrary she is very diligent at work, she just has no interest in advancing.

ea533017c791aca762618c0a90b6d0f0cdaa090d.png

Rika’s signature skill is Creativity, her hobby is Music & Dance and her passion is casually dating all of downtown (no woohoo). She recently moved in with Kara Archer, a family sim who most likely is “the one” for Rika. The nightlife is theirs now – quite literally, because Rika got turned into a vampire recently and Kara is yet another servo, who charges by day, so their life rhythms aren’t even out of sync.

Chen

Tina Chen is the daughter of a crime lord from the main neighborhood and a Takemizu vacation townie (in my headcanon at least). She started out in the criminal career, owning a bar and living in an apartment next door.

Life took a strange turn when Tina fell in love with the FBI trainee Connor and later befriended my Desiderata sim Daniel Reed, a cop with whom she threw back and forth “crime” speech bubbles, suggesting that he interrogated her and she was quite responsive – a kind of information for a second chance deal. Tina’s father got arrested anyway (by Daniel and his partner) and currently works to rebuild a burnt down hospital, so his mob is falling apart. In short, Tina now attends Police Academy.

a44198406542992edc20a1f6d3893d42231b24fb.png

Tina is interested in everything related to marine life: swimming, cc diving and surfing, fishing, ornamental fish and sea/sailing themed deco. Technically that gives her Nature enthusiasm, but she really only cares for water activities. Gaming comes close second (more boardgames than videogames).

Tina and Connor will move to a beach lot in Desiderata. At the moment, however, they are still in denial about their bond’s real depth. When they got engaged, I captioned that as “we’re exchanging friendship rings”.
    Their next plan is to travel to Takemizu (Tina might sell the bar to buy a vacation home) and meet Tina’s mother, the vacation townie Vanessa Chen (I might make her playable).

Phillips Household

An entrepreneur couple with their daughter and two live-in interns. Their backstory is their penthouse getting destroyed by a rampaging servo and insurance only paying 20,000 simoleons. They started out in a small apartment, but when I realized that I wouldn’t have space in there to put a Christmas tree, I prematurely moved them to their half-finished new house during the winter round:

bb4272ed1dcb8d93a06d0c1a69c9c43b85732ac3.png

The shell is finished, but pool, wallpapers, flooring and landscaping are still missing, and furniture is very basic. Additionally the Phillips are sitting on two debts (70K for their car dealership and 40K for the house) and should start saving up for Emma’s college education (another 20K, but Emma isn’t keen on academic learning and might opt out of college).

The privacy in their new home led to Caroline becoming pregnant again and she gave birth to twin girls, Zoey and Sophie. A creative sim, during her pregnancy Caroline wrote a book together with Emma (Emma wrote diary, Caroline the actual novel) as a bonding experience.

Caroline’s husband, John, is creative in a different way. He doesn’t care for creating art, but he has ideas. Like buying a section of the municipal landfill to quickly farm business perks. The smelly landfill won the Crème de la Crème award two days in the row, so John may have been on to something here…

24a5b2ffdff068922473b8581975e5c91b117aba.png

On the downside, John inadvertently spelled doom for Downtown with his project, and that is because of the aforementioned interns, Connor’s brothers Amadeus and Sigstein Stern.

Of the two interns, Amadeus’ LTW is to reach the top of the Business career. He is therefore eager to learn everything he can about management, he puts effort into earning his OfB badges and pitches in voluntarily with helping with the children, cooking and cleaning. In short, he is like an unpaid butler. With everything he has on his shoulders, Amadeus is the only downtown sim who doesn’t date anybody at the moment. Come to think of it, Amadeus is the youngest of my nine servos, so he may mentally still be a teen and more in need of parents than partners.

Sigstein, on the other hand, is a loose cannon. Just like Connor, Amadeus and Sigstein are servos, so whenever they hit a water pipe while working at the landfill, they short-circuit. (I let it happen a few times for story reasons.) This wasn’t what Siggy had signed up for!

0ddee8e46cd421cccdef05ccc96b3509d3f18131.png

fd7cc2ffb9983b9991a9867a641f972b25987d78.png

In his frustration Sigstein befriended the Evil Witch of Desiderata, and asked her to initiate him into the dark arts. After the ritual, Countess Marla showed up, only to leave the premises immediately when the Good Witch of Desiderata appeared. Evil Witch slapped Good Witch, it was a very fun chain of events.

8ebaef6bc8acd409385651336e7059beaff1f7f1.png

Anyway, Sigstein befriended Marla, they started dating and after they had their first woohoo in the Phillips family car (to spite John), Marla turned Siggy into a vampire. That was the moment where he realized that he had only been posing all the time, and wasn’t really evil. But from here there was no way back.

Looking back at all of this, Siggy mentally may be a teenager even moreso than Amadeus…

dbad0de5c3ce649acb7894bdf7f3e28616f3cb53.png

Amadeus with Sophie Phillips, the drone to the left is Siggy in his bat form (not joking, that’s a mod specifically for servo/vampire hybrids).

384aff9309187ea7214d51c3458e3df59e1af65a.png

Sigstein bit Rika… but she was okay with it.

And this is the milestone I mentioned in the beginning of the post:

Vampires can now bite autonomously! The city’s nightlife is dead, with nobody feeling like leaving the home after dark anymore. A large number of nightclub, bar etc. owners will lose their businesses and as a result tax income my drop radically.
    I’ll need to come up with objectives for my sims to meet to free downtown lot by lot from the vampires (aka ban them), but not just yet.

My objects.package is set to read_only and Ms. Crumplebottom is banned from every community lot (because I find her annoying), so the corruption risk should be minimal.

More pics and dialogue here: Desiderata Downtown
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
    Phillips

- John & Caroline Phillips, four daughters, two live-in apprentices (Sigstein and Amadeus).
    - Three businesses (a car dealership and two sections of the municipal landfill).

Caroline was on a roll, she had another daughter after the twins, won all five tiers of the La Torneau Award, invented the weather machine, published a novel and fulfilled her Lifetime Want of earning 100,000 simoleons. Even her bland tomatoes were still sufficient to add sparkles to the food made from them, a boost this family will need. Caroline has not the silver gardening badge, so things might improve with the next harvest.
    Caroline is rather distant towards the twins and closer to Emma and Sylvia, the eldest and the youngest.

John definitely favors the younger twin, Sophie, over the older, Zoey. He took a bit longer to fulfill his LTW and is close to leveling his car dealership to nine. With the prospect of the interns leaving soon, John will need to hire outside personnel and decided to learn magic to keep his employees’ needs up. With his six Nice points, John at first wanted to befriend the Good Witch of Desiderata, but then accepted Sigstein Stern’s offer to initiate him. John is now Siggy’s master when it comes to business, and Siggy is John’s master in all things magic.
    Emma grew up to teen and is expected to help in the car dealership. She skips school often, but not to the point of missing out on college.

At the tender age of two, playing the xylophone, Zoey announced that Music & Dance is her life!

Sophie
    was afraid a fish might die. She may enjoy nature activities and might take over her mother’s garden.

The house looks nicer already, wallpapers and carpeting go a long way of making the cheap furniture look nice than it actually is. The family also has a backyard with pool and hot tub now.

Stern
    After three years of living with the Phillips family, the Stern brothers’ “internship” was more like a full blown apprenticeship, so John signed Amadeus and Sigstein up for their exam with the Chamber of Commerce. (This is for the story only, they do not gain anything from their certificates.) The brothers pooled their starting money to buy a nice, but empty, house downtown.

Amadeus now works as manager of John’s car dealership. As of late he feels unfulfilled from lack of expensive purchases. His aspiration meter is actually in the red and the miracle cure, a date, is difficult, because he doesn’t seem to be interested in anybody.

Siggy focuses on his magic powers. He has summoned a cat familiar, whom he dotes on.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I've been getting into fictitious families, and I have found Sims 2 to be more challenging compared to the later games, so I like to keep my families small. One family is a couple and another family is a couple plus an elderly mother. I had both families rent an apartment until they can afford a mid-level home. It can certainly be tricky trying to keep up with the wants and fears in this game. I have been running around doing those arbitrary tasks. One of those sims, I sent to a community lot and a barely got started and she went straight to the unsavory charlatan and he stole money from her. Ugh. Not very smart. I had a run in with Mrs Crumplebottom too. Her character is pretty funny!
    It also seems that most jobs in this game require working on Sunday! It is hard to get a day off for everyone. Does anyone notice that? Sims 3 seems better about not working weekends.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top