Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The game playing along with my story

Two of my main sims, Connor Anderson and Gavin Reed, have been rivals for thirteen years now. They are neighbors and work in the detective career, Gavin having worked his way up from the bottom, Connor having career-jumped from secret agent. Connor is also the previous Chief's protege, while Gavin and that Chief never saw eye to eye. Even so, when that chief retired, and both Connor and Gavin were at level 9 of the career, it felt only right to have them succeed the old chief together. That works well, whenever I play Connor, I get Gavin as chief and vis a vis. If I play different police sims, I randomly get either of the two chiefs.

Until today.

13.03.23_00-25-0124d8e.png

Today I found Connor playing the guitar in his office (what he admittedly does occasionally), totally world-removed, to the sound of his computer bluescreening.

Still today, but one day later in the simsworld, I found Gavin in the chief's office, thinking about computers and being very unhappy. He was staring at a lowly patrol officer...
Yes, technically this is the I don't like programming icon. But it became so much more when put in the correct context!

screenshot4951hlf8o.png

...only on second glance that "patrol officer" turned out to be Connor!

Apparently Gavin had temporarily demoted his Co-Chief for having broken the computer yesterday.

13.03.23_01-24-209rchb.png

Connor: "This isn't in any way, shape or form related to the TV show they're filming at the DPD at the moment? And MY contestant having lasted LONGER than yours?" (the show is linked in my signature)

Gavin: *low growl*

It's so in-character for them, even though they have almost full friendship bars, they're still rivals, and of course Gavin wouldn't take kindly to getting "defeated" by Connor, even if only indirectly.

Still today...

13.03.23_01-31-577zccw.png

Another computer dead at Connor's hands. This is getting out of hand, Con', go see a mechanic! You have a virus!

Share those moments when your game presented you random icons or scenes that fit together perfectly for your story!

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    My female sim who eventual moved up to chief invited another good looking officer she was dating to move to San Myshuno with her and her sister and brother. I’m thinking they may move to San Sequoia before they get married and have a child.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    @SheriSim57 Workplace romance to marriage, I like that! The active careers are really good for storytelling.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    It's not a random icon or scene but I think I have one that still fits.

I was playing the I'm a Lover Challenge years ago, and for generation 2, your heir has to get married and then later divorced. I had already decided I wasn't going to let that happen because I had grown fond of my sim for that generation.

She got married to a co-worker, got pregnant, things were going great. Until the day she went into labor. While at the hospital giving birth, her husband started flirting (autonomously) with the doctor who was delivering the baby. I decided they were still going to work it out.

When her son, generation 3, was about to age up to a toddler, she caught her husband flirting with a man right outside their house. I knew then that this marriage wasn't going to work. So they divorced.

She eventually met and married another sim, and they had twins. She died happily married with 5 children (3 bio kids, and 2 step-kids).

This was back in 2017 before I used mods of any kind. To this day, that save is probably my all-time favorite. Admittedly, I don't play it much anymore though.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel