Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disable packs with EA App?

Is there a way to play with a pack for a while and then disable it for a while until you're ready to use it again? With the new EA App or in the game itself?

I would like to buy HSY while it's on sale and play with it in my lesser used save while I wait for the mod I depend on in my main save to update after the patch. But then I don't want to use HSY in my main save for a while because I'm not sending anyone to active high school from the generation that's about to age out of the teen years. I don't want to get spammed with notifications and proms and such until they age up, I just don't want Copperdale to exist in that save until a certain point in my rotations. So is that an option?

I was planning just to wait to buy it until I was ready for it in the main save, but it's on sale, my birthday is coming up, and the older save has a young teen who would be perfect to explore it with.

Comments

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    edited March 2023
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Thank you! That will make my decision easier.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I tried what James recommended, but it didn't work. If I type "-disablepacks:" followed by the name of a pack, I get told that I can't save. If I type "-disablepacks" without the colon, it doesn't disable the pack.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    There is always the option to use Windows file explorer to move it out of the way for when you don't want it. The packs hide in program files(X86) under Origin Games. One under the main listing and one in the Delta folder. Mr. Turner has the pack IDs.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I tried what James recommended, but it didn't work. If I type "-disablepacks:" followed by the name of a pack, I get told that I can't save. If I type "-disablepacks" without the colon, it doesn't disable the pack.

This is how I did it and it worked. Note: After saving I exited the app then opened again. Get Famous did not load.

RoOuYB3.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion