Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Negative Thread

Comments

• Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Well least we get treehouses, puzzles, teeth being lose and kids riding bikes.

true, i do love puzzles and tree houses.
    But i feel like bike riding should come in a patch considering DU enabled all other life stages to ride bikes. Same goes with pillow fighting with the sleeping bag compared with HSY for all the other higher ages. Putting a paywall behind an animation for one life stage when other packs allowed it for all the other older life stages doesn't sit right with me haha.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Are you all suggesting that we can blame the tooth fairy for today's financial inflation problems?

Simflation, at least!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    If I get this pack, the first thing I will do is look for a mod to remove the stupid magic rug that appears beneath infants when you place them on the ground. It reeks of the same sensibilities behind their decision not to create doghouses for EP04 because "it's cruel".

Just let my sims neglect their children in peace, okay?

Me, too.

Going through a mental list of the rugs we have in the game to place under the infants: cute elephant and dinosaurs... a comfy sheep (?) fur blanket... huge puddles that suggest we need to invest in a better brand of diapers... magic circles, no comment... and the mysterious vines from Strangerville are categorized a rug, too.

Meredith Roswell: "That's not a "rug", Mister Schmidt, that's our babysitter."
    Vines: *wave happily*
    Infant: *giggles*
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Are you all suggesting that we can blame the tooth fairy for today's financial inflation problems?

yes yes we can @Simmerville
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    If I get this pack, the first thing I will do is look for a mod to remove the stupid magic rug that appears beneath infants when you place them on the ground. It reeks of the same sensibilities behind their decision not to create doghouses for EP04 because "it's cruel".

Me, too.

Going through a mental list of the rugs we have in the game to place under the infants: cute elephant and dinosaurs... a comfy sheep (?) fur blanket... huge puddles that suggest we need to invest in a better brand of diapers... magic circles, no comment... and the mysterious vines from Strangerville are categorized a rug, too.

Meredith Roswell: "That's not a "rug", Mister Schmidt, that's our babysitter."
    Vines: *wave happily*
    Infant: *giggles*

NOW we're talkin'! 😈
    #Team Occult
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member

Does the rug magically appear everytime you put an infant down? I didn't see this in the live stream, I thought SimGuruMorgan said she just put these rugs everywhere because she likes them so much.
  • TheGrandTourFanTheGrandTourFan Posts: 33 Member
    edited March 2023
    I am still not convinced it won't be a buggy, broken disaster. There is just too much proof of the developers using the player base as unpaid beta testers and nothing will ever change my mind of that.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited March 2023

Does the rug magically appear everytime you put an infant down? I didn't see this in the live stream, I thought SimGuruMorgan said she just put these rugs everywhere because she likes them so much.

We saw some picture from the water park where a dog rests on the baby rug while mum and infant plays in the water. I think if the rug magically appears when putting down the infant, it should also disappear when picking up the infant. That can't be the case as the dog rests on it. So, I guess it's a stand alone object, but probably portable (possible to add it to a sim's inventory).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member

The rug appears everytime, sometimes it's hard to see because it blends into the large rug.
    I read on the steam forums that the last time they changed the life stage times it caused the aging bug. Now I'm worried that bug could come back.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »

But i feel like bike riding should come in a patch considering DU enabled all other life stages to ride bikes. Same goes with pillow fighting with the sleeping bag compared with HSY for all the other higher ages. Putting a paywall behind an animation for one life stage when other packs allowed it for all the other older life stages doesn't sit right with me haha.

Bikes for teens and older are not only available for discover University but also find a bike by dumpster diving in eco lifestyle and there was a bike as the early buyers reward for cottage living. It would have been nice if bikes for kids had come with the adult version, so players wouldn't have to buy two separate EP to cover different age groups.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Bikes for teens and older are not only available for discover University but also find a bike by dumpster diving in eco lifestyle and there was a bike as the early buyers reward for cottage living. It would have been nice if bikes for kids had come with the adult version, so players wouldn't have to buy two separate EP to cover different age groups.

I could totally be wrong, and I'm not inclined to go all the way back through the livestream to confirm, but I thought when they were talking about the bikes they made an offhand comment about a new bike for adults. But it's possible I misheard. It's hard to tell from the new build mode pictures, but there is one that maybe looks a smidge taller than the others.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I am still not convinced it won't be a buggy, broken disaster. There is just too much proof of the developers using the player base as unpaid beta testers and nothing will ever change my mind of that.

The fact that they aren't giving early access until the week it launches makes me wonder if it isn't working correctly.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »

The fact that they aren't giving early access until the week it launches makes me wonder if it isn't working correctly.

Someone mentioned it may be due to the infant patch coming so soon before it but I can't help admit but be concerned overall.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I could totally be wrong, and I'm not inclined to go all the way back through the livestream to confirm, but I thought when they were talking about the bikes they made an offhand comment about a new bike for adults. But it's possible I misheard. It's hard to tell from the new build mode pictures, but there is one that maybe looks a smidge taller than the others.

I’m almost certain they said there was new bike/s for adults.

I think there must be because otherwise if you only have base game and growing together then kids would ‘forget’ they like to ride bikes when they age to teen 😁.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1754596809?t=1h34m49s

The father of the household goes to retrieve the baby, then lays it on the floor in the baby's room and a rug appears after a moment. It's easy to miss if you're watching the firefighters on the left side of the screen, which I think took most of the attention during the actual stream.

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,231 Member
    edited March 2023
    No fingernails for Infant :p ?

Strange because Spa Day refresh update brought them to Toddlers.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,186 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »

Someone mentioned it may be due to the infant patch coming so soon before it but I can't help admit but be concerned overall.

That is strange.
    edited March 2023

That is strange.

I don’t think it’s too strange if that’s the reason. The patch is one of the biggest they’ve released and they probably have almost up until patch day to work on patches, while expansion packs are usually finished a little while before release for reviews/marketing etc.

If the patch is the reason for later early access that makes a lot of sense. People jump to conclusions that pack must be buggy but it’s more likely to just be a development timeline thing.
    JustinB113 wrote: »

That is strange.

I don’t think it’s too strange if that’s the reason. The patch is one of the biggest they’ve released and they probably have almost up until patch day to work on patches, while expansion packs are usually finished a little while before release for reviews/marketing etc.

If the patch is the reason for later early access that makes a lot of sense. People jump to conclusions that pack must be buggy but it’s more likely to just be a development timeline thing.

I read on the steam forums that it was due to the EA app not recognizing the dev's early access version for downloading versus the release version.
    edited March 2023
    JustinB113 wrote: »

That is strange.

I read on the steam forums that it was due to the EA app not recognizing the dev's early access version for downloading versus the release version.

Ahh that makes sense too, I guess it’s one of the first packs with the app or the first. I’m not expecting the pack to be bug free but I really don’t think there is anything sinister going on with the late early access. If anything the gurus seem quite keen for people to play.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I'm a little disappointed that there's not an early access Growing Together for the weekend so that we simmers can see how this game plays & what glitches there are. :'(
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    CAS is looking good BUT..

There's like no new pair of shoes for adults like at all. :'(
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    If, and I say *if* - the developer staff is the same as on the werewolf pack (we know the lead designer is the same), I assume there might be as few glitches with Growing Together. I don't own the werewolf pack but my impression is that he pack was a good release regarding bugs.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I just hope the new features in this pack aren't annoying.
    All of the features in High School Years sounded fun on paper, but a lot of them just ended being badly designed, repetitive and annoying. And don't even get me started on Fears- what a disaster. I think Fears are the most annoying and badly implemented feature in the game so far.

I am really looking forward to this pack and the new features, I just hope everything is thoroughly tested before they release it to the public.