Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Occults

I'm not sure where to put this. I have recently got sims 4 base game on my PC.I do have Island Living on my playstation. So I do know a bit about the mersims.I'm thinking about just getting the occult packs.Do you think it would be better to get seasons with them? What are your thoughts about playing all occults? Positive and negative comments are welcome

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Seasons definitely has additional features with some occults.

Merfolk can effect the weather.
    Rain is bad for Servos.
    Cloud cover means Vampires can be out more often.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 548 Member
    You already know about ghosts and mersims, so I'll stick to the others. Vampires (Vampires pack): very well developed. They come with a skill tree to build their special powers, but if you get a certain number of powers, you have to pick a weakness. This makes them more balanced and less op. Energy and hunger work differently for them, and they are immortal. Strongly recommend this pack to anyone who enjoys playing with occults.

Werewolves (Werewolves pack): Also have a skill tree and they also have weaknesses (called temperaments). For werewolves you don't get to pick their temperaments, although one of the special powers you can pick for them allows them to re-roll their temperaments. They aren't necessarily immortal, but you can pick immortality as a special power. They are subject to something called rage that, if it overflows, can cause them to go on a rampage where you only have limited control over them. The werewolf world, Moonwood Mill, has a ton of lore to explore. Also recommend this for occult players.

Aliens (Get to Work): In my opinion, these are the flimsiest occult in the sims 4. They have a special alien form and they have some limited special powers. I do not recommend Get to Work for occult players who have no interest in the careers that come with this pack.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    Seasons is just a really good addition to sims which will affect every game regardless of occults or not.

Vampires and Werewolves are both more detailed than the mermaids, you could get one or the other as they’re similar quality, or get both as they have some cross pack functions.

Realm of Magic is done slightly differently from Vampires and Wolves but again seems much more detailed than the mermaids.

Paranormal is a great stuff pack. It’s short term but it is a lot of fun. And one of the top 3 stuff packs.

I would start with seasons and vampires, wolves or magic and then grow from there if you like them. A bundle with seasons, paranormal and one of the game packs might work for you.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I love all the occults for the gameplay and the build/buy that comes with them! I have even built houses and community lots specific to each occult so I can changeover a world for occult gameplay, i.e. changing towns to New Orleans or Salem for specific occults to live in and making the island in Windenburg a werewolf haven. Seasons is a pack I could not live without as I love the changes in weather and especially the holidays. And I agree that Paranormal is a great pack to add for occult gameplay. The spellcasters have an ability to level up quicker towards their paranormal investigator license and career. Choose the occults you think you will enjoy the most to start and go from there. Whatever you choose, enjoy!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I wouldn’t want to play the game without Season’s weather system and all the occult packs, but I’m biased.
    I need a combination of severe Thunderstorms and the Occult. 😈
    I love ALL the Supernatural packs, including Paranormal & Strangerville. Great CAS & BB all’round. ✨

I’d also consider getting Cats and Dogs (if you don’t already own it) especially if you’re planning on playing with Spellcasters.
    Cats and Dogs can be familiars!

Werewolves and Vampires are my favorite lifestates, for their gameplay can be quite challenging; at the end of the day they’re cursed beings, although they can be cured. Both have customizable “Dark forms” in CAS.

Spellcasters are more like normal sims that can perform magic. All three main occults have an RPG ranking system with powers or weaknesses that you’ll have to choose from. Merefolk, Aliens ( Get To Work) & Plantsims do not have this. Servos (Uni) on the other hand, can be modified by a sim with a high level robotics skill.
    If Seasons is not installed, Merfolk will ONLY be able to control the weather in Sulani as this world comes with its own weather system (monsoons).

A negative:

What I find incredibly annoying is raging werebeasts ( Werewolves) carrying umbrellas when it rains. It looks stupid and doesn’t make sense.
    It actually annoys me so much that I usually end up transforming into a raging werebeast myself, flaming red eyes ‘n all.

Like others on here, I’d suggest creating a bundle and see how that works out for you.
    Best of luck! 🌕🌟
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited March 2023
    Seasons is must have for me

I couldn't possibly keep playing in that sunny summer setting all the time it would just depress me
    and it adds something to every world in the game old and new to have some changing weather and seasons

well, minus Sixam I guess but thats more of hidden lot thing

after that yes occult(s) of choice

I tend to play vampires most even though I have them all
    I blame Vlad really, always something going on with Vlad

you might also like Strangerville and Paranormal stuff
    even though there is no lifestate in those packs :)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member

A negative:

What I find incredibly annoying is raging werebeasts ( Werewolves) carrying umbrellas when it rains. It looks stupid and doesn’t make sense.
    It actually annoys me so much that I usually end up transforming into a raging werebeast myself, flaming red eyes ‘n all.

Like others on here, I’d suggest creating a bundle and see how that works out for you.
    Best of luck! 🌕🌟

I have Zeros mod for removing umbrella use from individual sims. It lets you fine tune the autonomy a lot better. I believe it is called Zero's Autonomy Toggle. It can put your whole household on a more logical schedule.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Keep in mind console is separate from PC. You will need to buy Island Living again for PC if that's what you want to play on.

Seasons is a must in my book. Werewolves in TS4 are my favorite occult to play.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 78 Member
    Thanks for all your answers. You have all gave me some great ideas now. I've never thought about getting bundles .Paranormal and seasons sounds like a must have with the occults. You need the thunder for the scary vibes. I do have seasons on my playstation. Will have to get the weather machine to get more thunder
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited March 2023
    Kerrigan wrote: »

A negative:

Best of luck! 🌕🌟

I have Zeros mod for removing umbrella use from individual sims. It lets you fine tune the autonomy a lot better. I believe it is called Zero's Autonomy Toggle. It can put your whole household on a more logical schedule.

I installed this mod before but it didn’t work for me, even though I keep everything up-to-date.
    That said…I recently binned most of my saves due to corrupted save data, so I’m pretty sure that might have been an underlying issue.

I’ll try it again with hopefully better results. Player rage no more! 😅
    Cheers!
    pacer1965 wrote: »
    Thanks for all your answers. You have all gave me some great ideas now. I've never thought about getting bundles .Paranormal and seasons sounds like a must have with the occults. You need the thunder for the scary vibes. I do have seasons on my playstation. Will have to get the weather machine to get more thunder

Absolutely, bundle it up! If you’re into supernatural gameplay, Seasons + Paranormal + *insert occult* = huge bang for your buck!

Get
    • Vampires- if you want dark & subtle creepiness. Comes with beautiful Victorian inspired assets, plus dilapidated wall deco & spider/ cobwebs.
    • Werewolves- if you want more intense gameplay. Werebeasts are wild and can get a ‘little’ aggressive. Comes with excellent grunge assets, plus dilapidated wall/ floor deco.
    • Spellcasters (Realm of Magic)- if you want to play it safe but with magic. Comes with gorgeous Art Nouveau inspired assets, but no dilapidated anything.
  • pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 78 Member
    edited March 2023
    I love the old hammer horror movies. Will have to see if I can make Christopher Lee. I need Mummies and Frankenstein monster