Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea-Vineyards. Bring back the nectar

I really enjoyed the vineyards and nectar options of S3. It would be great to see them return to the game. Perhaps in a GP with an Italian/Tuscan themed world. A pizza oven and expansion on gourmet cooking (more recipes) seems like it would go well with a pack like this also.

Families with a sim level 10 in gourmet cooking could get a "secret family recipe " that they can teach other sims how to create and pass down through generations.

Comments

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    This is on my must-have list before they finish TS4.
  • flaminganakinflaminganakin Posts: 36 Member
    I was just thinking the other day that nectar/nectar-making would go so well with a Hotels pack. It could be similar to World Adventures where you can vacation at a vineyard and buy exclusive nectars, nectar-specific grapes & skills books, etc.

Hotels and nectar-making are the last things I need from this game for it to feel complete.

And slides. But slides would also go well with a Hotels pack (thinking water slides at resorts)
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I was just thinking the other day that nectar/nectar-making would go so well with a Hotels pack. It could be similar to World Adventures where you can vacation at a vineyard and buy exclusive nectars, nectar-specific grapes & skills books, etc.

Hotels and nectar-making are the last things I need from this game for it to feel complete.

And slides. But slides would also go well with a Hotels pack (thinking water slides at resorts)

Yes!!! Location exclusive nectars is such a great idea.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I use the fizzy drinks from Eco Lifestyle as an equivalent, it's often forgetten but it's a neat little gameplay addition.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I use the fizzy drinks from Eco Lifestyle as an equivalent, it's often forgetten but it's a neat little gameplay addition.

That was the one thing I liked when they did the free trial for that pack, but I didn't like anything else enough to prompt me to buy the pack. Nectar would be a brilliant addition to the game.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    happyopi wrote: »

I like the fizzy drinks a lot, but they are not nectar. The fizzy drinks are definitely meant to be more like kombucha than wine.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I like the fizzy drinks too but I certainly hope that isn't going to be the sims 4 version of wine.
    I want the romance of a vineyard and the game play of making different wines from different grapes. Maybe they could edit the harvest feature so that when(time of day, duration of growth) you pick the grapes would impact their sweetness and flavor.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I like the fizzy drinks too but I certainly hope that isn't going to be the sims 4 version of wine.
    I want the romance of a vineyard and the game play of making different wines from different grapes. Maybe they could edit the harvest feature so that when(time of day, duration of growth) you pick the grapes would impact their sweetness and flavor.

The fizzy drinks are definitely soft drinks because they drink them out of the bottle. I expect the wine to be poured into glasses first. Would be lovely if they added both wine and champagne and a grape juice option for then the grapes are freshly squeezed.